City of Salisbury Mayors Preseason Cup 2012

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

City of Salisbury Mayors Preseason Cup 2012

Post by lefty »

The competition continues to be a great success for all involved and is well supported by players & spectators since commencing in 2009. Due to its success we are looking at the opportunity to increase the number of teams participating and are seeking expressions of interest from other SAASL clubs that are based in the City of Salisbury council area to participate in the 2012 competition. The purpose of the competition is to participate in high quality preseason games & build stronger relationships with our neighbouring Amateur League clubs with Para Hills West Soccer Club being the hosts.

The dates for 2012 at this point will be Sunday 12th, 19th & 26th February for the preliminary rounds & Sunday 11th March being the finals (Sunday 4th March is Clipsal weekend). Dates will be confirmed once SAASL calender is finalised.

A number of clubs have already expressed interest in participating & if any other clubs would like to be involved please PM me or calll me on 0411 858 488 as I am currently in the process of finalising the 2012 competition.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: City of Salisbury Mayors Preseason Cup 2012

Post by lefty »

The competition is now in its fourth year & we will see 8 teams competing in 2012 with Parafield Gardens, Para Hills East, Para Hills West, Salisbury Florina, Salisbury Inter, Brahma Lodge, Bosna & Ingle Farm. Thankyou to those clubs that expressed interest in being involved & its great to see clubs seeing the benefits of playing in high quality preseason games.

The preliminary rounds of the competition will be played Sunday the 12th, 19th & 26th of Febuary with the finals on Sunday the 4th March. Preliminary rounds consisting of 2 groups of 4 teams will be played at Para Hills West Soccer Club Northbri Ave Salisbury East & Parafield Gardens Soccer Club Bradman Road with all the finals being played at Para Hills West Soccer Club.

Further details & draw for the Mayors Cup will be posted following the meeting of clubs next week. Thanks again to the clubs for supporting the competiton & look forward to what will be an exciting preseason.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Why are these games not being played at Burton seeing the City of Salisbury actually own the facilities & rate payers money is used in its upkeep.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

and pay for the usage ???
things happen for a reason

Dickie Bird
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dickie Bird »

and our local clubs Cant take any of the money raised through food and drink sales.

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

@ Filikis Eterias

Think you will find Salisbury Council lease Burton Park is to the FFSA.

Cheers TC

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

ThundaChucka wrote:@ Filikis Eterias

Cheers TC
Yes I realise this. My point is that even if Amateur clubs wanna play there the FFSA will not allow them!!!
I think this is wrong and should be pursued further by your clubs. It is discrimination. The facility was built with Fedral funds for the football community in the Northern suburbs.....not for the exclusivity of the FFSA.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

Filikis Eterias wrote:

Cheers TC
Yes I realise this. My point is that even if Amateur clubs wanna play there the FFSA will not allow them!!!
I think this is wrong and should be pursued further by your clubs. It is discrimination. The facility was built with Fedral funds for the football community in the Northern suburbs.....not for the exclusivity of the FFSA.
I hear what your saying but if you have the lease you can pretty much do what you want

Yes it doesn't help the sport grow but some people are not in it for that are they

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

Post withdrawn!
Last edited by ThundaChucka on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

this tournament has nothing to do with saasl..........its all lefty :wink: and a few others
things happen for a reason

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

Well I clearly have no idea, lol. I'll just withdraw my last post.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Filikis Eterias wrote:

Cheers TC
Pretty much what has been said. FFSA have the head lease and its theirs to do with as they please. Imgaine if the council who you lease your ground from said that you had to let someone else use it and you don't get anything for it.

Besides, the Mayors Cup was created by Lefty from Parafield Gardens and each club get to host it on a rotation basis. It helps them make a bit of extra cash in the off season. The SAASL don't have anything to do with it aside from insuraning the players.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

The draw for the 2012 competition is as follows;

WEEK 1 SUNDAY 12TH FEBUARY
Group 1 - @ PHWSC Northbri Avenue Salisbury East
Ingle Farm vs Para Hills East (2pm KO)
Para Hills West vs Bosna (4pm KO)

Group 2 - @ PGSC Bradman Road Parafield Gdns
Salisbury Inter vs Salisbury Florina (2pm KO)
Parafield Gardens vs Brahma Lodge (4pm KO)

WEEK 2 SUNDAY 19TH FEBUARY
Para Hills East vs Bosna (2pm KO)
Para Hills West vs Ingle Farm (4pm KO)

Brahma Lodge vs Salisbury Florina (2pm KO)
Salisbury Inter vs Parafield Gardens (4pm KO)

WEEK 3 SUNDAY 26TH FEBUARY
Bosna vs Ingle Farm (2pm KO)
Para Hills East vs Para Hills West (4pm KO)

Salisbury Inter vs Brahma Lodge (2pm KO)
Salisbury Florina vs Parafield Gardens (4pm KO)

WEEK 4 SUNDAY 4TH MARCH - FINALS
Major Final - @ PHWSC Northbri Avenue Salisbury East
Pitch 1 - 2nd Group 1 vs 2nd Group 2 (2pm KO)
Pitch 1 - 1st Group 1 vs 1st Group 2 (4pm KO)

Minor Final - @ PHWSC Northbri Avenue Salisbury East
Pitch 2 - 4th Group 1 vs 4th Group 2 (1pm KO)
Pitch 2 - 3rd Group 1 vs 3rd Group 2 (3pm KO)

Details of Reserves games will be posted once they have been finalised in the new year.

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

Any word on ressies games yet Lefty?
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

I_am_Costanza wrote:Any word on ressies games yet Lefty?
Now that most clubs have started training I will be in contact with coaches to make sure everyone has reserves teams which Im sure they will. Reserves will obviously be kicking off before their clubs main games but I will send out & post draw when done.

Pommy09
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Pommy09 »

so close to games being played finally lol
CMON U SAINTS

There's only one le tissier

I am Costanza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by I am Costanza »

lefty wrote:
Now that most clubs have started training I will be in contact with coaches to make sure everyone has reserves teams which Im sure they will. Reserves will obviously be kicking off before their clubs main games but I will send out & post draw when done.
Cheers mate... the lads are really looking forward to a nice hard hit out first up :D
BLSC - est 1971
1982 Div 4b
1989 Div 3b
2004 Div 4b
2006 Div 4a & Div 10
2009 Div 3b
2010 Div 3a & 3b
2013 Div 2b & Div 7
2014 Div 2b
2015 Div 2a, 2b, & Div 6 Sat & Sun

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

I_am_Costanza wrote:
lefty wrote:
Cheers mate... the lads are really looking forward to a nice hard hit out first up :D
Luck of the draw :wink:

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

The Reserves competition fixtures are as follows & copies will be forwarded by email to clubs.

WEEK 1 SUNDAY 12TH FEBUARY
Ingle Farm vs Para Hills East (1pm KO)
Para Hills West vs Bosna (3pm KO)

Salisbury Inter vs Salisbury Florina (1pm KO)
Parafield Gardens vs Brahma Lodge (3pm KO)

WEEK 2 SUNDAY 19TH FEBUARY
Para Hills East vs Bosna (1pm KO)
Para Hills West vs Ingle Farm (3pm KO)

Brahma Lodge vs Salisbury Florina (1pm KO)
Salisbury Inter vs Parafield Gardens (3pm KO)

WEEK 3 SUNDAY 26TH FEBUARY
Bosna vs Ingle Farm (1pm KO)
Para Hills East vs Para Hills West (3pm KO)

Salisbury Inter vs Brahma Lodge (1pm KO)
Salisbury Florina vs Parafield Gardens (3pm KO)

WEEK 4 SUNDAY 4TH MARCH - FINALS
Reserves Final - @ PHWSC Northbri Avenue Salisbury East
Pitch 1 - 1st Group 1 vs 1st Group 2 (12pm KO)

Less than 2 weeks to go & looking forward to seeing some preseason games best of luck to all involved.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Too early for predictions?

keegan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by keegan »

the mayors cup has been going for the last three years and each year one of the finalist has gone on to win the sun premier league, i predict all the teams will be very keen to make the final of the city of salisbury mayors cup!

boneyard
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by boneyard »

I was asked very recently,what is the insurance for this tournament for players that get hurt and are unable as a result to earn there normal income.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Just a thought...

Do u think it would be beneficial to reverse the reserve fixtures?

The first team coach can then watch the reserve team and visa versa...

Maybe not... Just thinking out loud...

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

boneyard wrote:I was asked very recently,what is the insurance for this tournament for players that get hurt and are unable as a result to earn there normal income.
That would have to be the responsibility of the player in question's club ?? Its the club's responsibility to insure its players..

All that a club running the tournament would have to worry about is that the playing surface is adequate (and that is a council issue anyway)

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Not quite right there. The games are sactioned by the SAASL therefore insurance is covered through them.

The insurance is a self managed fund where a player recieves $200 per week for time lost at work.

east44
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by east44 »

Clearly ALL players who play any amatuer sport should have personal insurance to cover sporting injuries. Not only lost time of work, and SAASL covers only $200, but also medical expeses and ambulance cover ( $900+) is needed to be considered. Also SAASL insurance to my understanding only covers game times and does not cover injuries occured at training. I urge all clubs to to make their players understand the importance of insurance. By the way Im not an isurance broker lol but have seen many times players paying the cost of no insurance.

All the best for the up coming season

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

east44 wrote:Clearly ALL players who play any amatuer sport should have personal insurance to cover sporting injuries. Not only lost time of work, and SAASL covers only $200, but also medical expeses and ambulance cover ( $900+) is needed to be considered. Also SAASL insurance to my understanding only covers game times and does not cover injuries occured at training. I urge all clubs to to make their players understand the importance of insurance. By the way Im not an isurance broker lol but have seen many times players paying the cost of no insurance.

SAASL cover that also

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

Jay Slowly Running wrote:
east44 wrote:Clearly ALL players who play any amatuer sport should have personal insurance to cover sporting injuries. Not only lost time of work, and SAASL covers only $200, but also medical expeses and ambulance cover ( $900+) is needed to be considered. Also SAASL insurance to my understanding only covers game times and does not cover injuries occured at training. I urge all clubs to to make their players understand the importance of insurance. By the way Im not an isurance broker lol but have seen many times players paying the cost of no insurance.

SAASL cover that also
Only for game days though

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Statto11 wrote:
Jay Slowly Running wrote:

SAASL cover that also
Only for game days though
When else would you expect them to cover it?

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

Jay Slowly Running wrote:When else would you expect them to cover it?
I think the point East44 was trying to make was that you should make sure you are covered for any sport related activity. You were pointing out that the league cover ambulance payments and i was clarifying that they do but only for game days.

Injuries can occur on training nights and we have had a couple of cases where this has happened over the years and the people involved have wrongly thought they were covered by SAASL insurance during training.