BESA

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

BESA

Post by penalty »

ROUMER THAT BESA HAS TAKEN OVER ASTERAS

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: BESA

Post by legga »

penalty wrote:ROUMER THAT BESA HAS TAKEN OVER ASTERAS

So now they had to tear themselves a new one to get in, a new approach
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

BESA heirachy have coinfirmed they won't be taking over anyone.

Read it in the Messenger a few weeks ago.

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

Meseger - BESA said they would not apeal the ban. Nothing about taking over another club.
BESA has ruled out a return to the Amateur Soccer League following the bashing of a referee after a match with the Western Strikers.

George Precaj, secretary of the Wingfield-based club, said the club had decided not to appeal a decision by the SA Amateur Soccer League (SAASL) to expel the team from the competition.

He also ruled out the club reforming under another name, with about half the club’s players having already moved over to other sides, including the Croydon Cougars.

In June, a league sub-committee found some club supporters were involved in an attack at the end of a match at Carnegie Reserve, Royal Park, which hospitalised Brooklyn Park referee Petros Katsiokalis.

He was punched, kicked and stomped on during the attack on Friday, May 13. Besa had previously told the paper it would seek legal advice after its fixtures were dropped.

But Mr Precaj last week said the club had decided against appealing the ruling after its lawyer suggested the team would need to go to the Supreme Court.

``It would have taken months and a lot of money would have been involved,’’ he said.

Mr Precaj said the soccer season would have long been over before a decision was made about its future.

``The whole reason we wanted to play was because we were doing so well this season,’’ the Croydon Park man said.

The team was undefeated after four games before the match against the Western Strikers.

Mr Precaj described the end to the club’s season as ``demoralising’‘. He said he felt the club was discriminated against and had been unfairly punished by the SAASL. ``I don’t think we were given justice,’’ Mr Precaj said. ``But then again, it wasn’t a minor incident.’‘

SAASL secretary Alex Cichanowski was reluctant to comment but said Besa ``had a perfect right to appeal any decision made’‘.

He said Mr Katsiokalis had recovered.

The Western Strikers declined to comment.

Besa was formed after the Black Eagles Soccer Club was banned from the league in 2008, following after a brawl at a game against Polonia Croydon Kings. About 14 ex-Black Eagles players had joined Besa.

``A few players (from Black Eagles) we had issues with and we didn’t allow them to be part of our club,’’ Mr Precaj said.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

penalty wrote:Meseger - BESA said they would not apeal the ban. Nothing about taking over another club.
Messenger wrote: He also ruled out the club reforming under another name, with about half the club’s players having already moved over to other sides, including the Croydon Cougars.

penalty
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by penalty »

Yes but nothing about taking over another club. They said about apealing the decision or forming a new club under a new name.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Wraith wrote:
penalty wrote:Meseger - BESA said they would not apeal the ban. Nothing about taking over another club.
Messenger wrote: He also ruled out the club reforming under another name, with about half the club’s players having already moved over to other sides, including the Croydon Cougars.
How many?? Is this the reason for their form of late?

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

Furburger you still out there and would you care to comment?

F&F
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by F&F »

Franco UnAmerican wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Let me set the record straight, no Besa players are at the Cougars. Don't know where the paper got there info from but is not true.

aussie pride
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aussie pride »

Let me set the record straight, no Besa players are at the Cougars. Don't know where the paper got there info from but is not true.[/quote]

I called to speak to the journalist to ask where she had obtained that info from......do you reckon i'll get a call back??? :lol:

We do not have any Besa players at all, quite strange really - but its an Adelaide local newspaper - i dont think you need a qualification....... :wink:

F&F
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by F&F »

aussie pride wrote:Let me set the record straight, no Besa players are at the Cougars. Don't know where the paper got there info from but is not true.
I called to speak to the journalist to ask where she had obtained that info from......do you reckon i'll get a call back??? :lol:

We do not have any Besa players at all, quite strange really - but its an Adelaide local newspaper - i dont think you need a qualification....... :wink:[/quote]

Funny how our club gets singled out but none of there players play for us, whats next Osama Binladen still alive and playing as a striker for the Cougars. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Franco UnAmerican wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Cougars have had the same 3 squads all season with not one inclusion since round 1. In saying, I watched a BESA game last year and a couple of those boys would be more than welcome in a well organised disciplined and controlled environment like the Cougar Cave. :wink:

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Oh Jack, u funny sherry!!
:wink:

:lol:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

So is the new Adelaide Eagles a new version of BESA ??

Which was formed from the original Adelaide Eagles ???

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:16 pm So is the new Adelaide Eagles a new version of BESA ??

Not really
Ignore this signature

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Bomber wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:59 am
C U Next Saturday wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:16 pm So is the new Adelaide Eagles a new version of BESA ??

Not really
Whats a not really ??? is that YES or NO ....

Is there origins of BESA/ Adelaide Eagles in the new set up

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:45 am
Bomber wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:59 am

Not really
Whats a not really ??? is that YES or NO ....

Is there origins of BESA/ Adelaide Eagles in the new set up
Old Adelaide Eagles more so than BESA if that makes sense. There was some cross-over when BESA were around but this is almost a "new generation" of players, with some ex-Eagles players in the coaching box.
Dominic Ceravolo senior coach, Xhelo Rushani Reserves Coach.
Ignore this signature