SUNDAY DIV 3 Round 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Shinny volley
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

SUNDAY DIV 3 Round 3

Post by Shinny volley »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS

predictions?

bigdawg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: SUNDAY DIV 3 Round 3

Post by bigdawg »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA 2-2
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO 1-2
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES 1-3
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE 0-6
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS no comment until i see the squad, had 4 injuries last week and dont know who's available. and I also have a sneeking suspicion that the gaffer is going to change the formation. (to the same one that didnt work last year :roll: ) but we will see 8)

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - Para
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - Draw
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Blue Eagles
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Pirie
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS Draw

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

The results have been a bit all over the shop so far and I am wondering if some clubs have been experimenting with a "rush keeper" formation (39 goals last week). But I'll give it a crack:

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - Resumption of an old rivalry. Throw the form book out, should be a cracker.
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - San Marco are always a good unit and I would bet they are one of the stronger teams this year.
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Asia missing their world famous striker, same comment for Beagles as San Marco.
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE Have heard very few reports on Pirie, but I will base it on their two good results thus far.
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS- Am guessing the Lions went with a skeleton squad for the long trip so I am tipping them to bounce back with SC apparently having a shocker with injuries.

Edit: Hang on, all away winners? Surely not.

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - TTG
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - big test for the Saints and i am tipping a draw
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Beagles
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Draw
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - south coast

Paraboy 001
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Paraboy 001 »

Munno para
San Marco
Beagles
Pirie
Para hills

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

415 views and only 5 replies?

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i'll bite then on the pine!

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - as previously mentioned a real blast from the past, both comfortable winners last round bit tipping para in a close one.
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - both sides have sides that seem to change from week to week so just a stab...draw
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Beagles with marco and milad to bag out!
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - asteras as pirie have a fair journey
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS- tough place to play and i think the home side should get up
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Shinny volley
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Shinny volley »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - TTG
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - EAGLES (in a close one)
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - (MSSC easily)
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - (PIRIE are on fire)
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - (SOUTH at home)
Last edited by Shinny volley on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - TTG - True, a blast from the past, Loved these games..TTG at home
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - San Marco
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Asia With 2 dangerous players, but Mssc (Newton) to prevail
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Asteras
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - SouthCoast looked like they had some serious injuries after TTG game so Para Hills. (Were any of them serious Bigdawg?)
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

bigdawg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bigdawg »

[STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - SouthCoast looked like they had some serious injuries after TTG game so Para Hills. Were any of them serious Bigdawg?)

yeah a couple of knees but i havent trained coz i've been crook so hopefully find out more tonight. all 4 injuries were from weekly starting players tho and we dont really have the depth to cover them hence the 3 subs used against TTG being players who played 90 mins in the B's.

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

On The Pine wrote:415 views and only 5 replies?

Maybe no one cares about Sun Div 3

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - Para in a tightly contested game, love the ol' rivalry!
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - Draw, strikers wont lose many at home.
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Beagles surely!
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Draw, cos the distance pirie got to travel.
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - Draw, dont know much about both sides.

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

bigdawg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bigdawg »

BADA BING wrote:

then why are they viewing a thread called "SUNDAY DIV 3"

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

bigdawg wrote:
BADA BING wrote:

then why are they viewing a thread called "SUNDAY DIV 3"
Yep, ridiculous comment. 500 odd views tells us that quite a few people have at least a fleeting interest and I reckon 280 odd players would have quite a lot of interest.

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

Lance 23 wrote:TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - TTG - True, a blast from the past, Loved these games..TTG at home
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - San Marco
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Asia With 2 dangerous players, but Mssc (Newton) to prevail
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Asteras
STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - SouthCoast looked like they had some serious injuries after TTG game so Para Hills. (Were any of them serious Bigdawg?)
PS. Blue Eagles will be surprised by the quality of Asias clubrooms etc. compared to theirs.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

We Done Ya
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by We Done Ya »

The Russian Submarine wrote:TTG CITY v MUNNO PARA - Para in a tightly contested game, love the ol' rivalry!
WESTN STRIKERS v SAN MARCO - Draw, strikers wont lose many at home.
ASIA UTD v MSSC BLUE EAGLES - Beagles surely!
ASTERAS v PT PIRIE - Draw, cos the distance pirie got to travel.STH COAST UTD v P/HILLS LIONS - Draw, dont know much about both sides.
You don't think they are used to it by now?

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

TTG v Munno Para

A's 1-1 (ref had to end the game with 10 mins to go cause he pulled a hammy but probably a fair result...I think para had more chances)
B's 0-4

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Azza wrote:TTG v Munno Para

A's 1-1 (ref had to end the game with 10 mins to go cause he pulled a hammy but probably a fair result...I think para had more chances)
B's 0-4

:roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

mugsy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mugsy »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:

B's 0-4

What's the go when another official ref who was there offered to finish the game, but wasn't apparently permitted?
with 10 to go Gullies younger & fitter lads were coming to the fore

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

mugsy wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:

B's 0-4

What's the go when another official ref who was there offered to finish the game, but wasn't apparently permitted?
coming to the fore in what way? Gully had been on the backfoot 10 mins leading up to the game ending....and was that official ref your club ref? A's shouldn't have club refs mate too much at stake

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

mugsy wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:

B's 0-4

You're lucky your "younger and fitter lads" didnt lose the game with a missed tap in two minutes before the ref called it. Aside that there were no other real threatening chances from either team, play was pretty end to end in tough conditions, with no team really getting on top. Not sure what game you were watching.

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

:[/quote]

with 10 to go Gullies younger & fitter lads were coming to the fore[/quote]

and........considering you guys drew with Asia you should be happy with that result :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Azza wrote::

and........considering you guys drew with Asia you should be happy with that result :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Well to be honest mate we weren't happy with the result !! Dont know if the result will even stand yet according to the ref ??
And no the official ref wasnt from our club, he was on the sidelines overlooking the referee and linesman.
But as far as the asia game went we will wait and see how you guys go on asias modified rules size cow paddock pitch !
All in all Azza it was a good game today and I dont think any side can say they were the better side up until the ref decided he had enough !
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

mugsy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mugsy »

and........considering you guys drew with Asia you should be happy with that result :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

so if we drew with Asia, what does that make you if you only drew with us?
How'se your grenache supporter who got what he deserved for provoking 16/17 year old lads behind the goals.
All in all a good game, which as i said with 10 to go would have seen gully finish over the top

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

mugsy wrote:

so if we drew with Asia, what does that make you if you only drew with us?
How'se your grenache supporter who got what he deserved for provoking 16/17 year old lads behind the goals.
All in all a good game, which as i said with 10 to go would have seen gully finish over the top[/quote]

I guess at just 0-1 down your "younger, fitter" B's would also "come to the fore" and "finish all over the top". Except they didn't, they were beaten 4-0.
As gullyboyz said no team can really claim they were the better team.

Your statement lacks any fact or reason, very even second half with only one clear chance (and that was Munno Para missing a tap in from 5 yards).

Also if you want to nitpick "Grenache people" hows the Gully bloke in the B's who was very lucky not to break someone's leg with a horrible late challenge (that was a red every day of the week). You forgive a bloke for one late, bad tackle but then he dished out three more late, sliding studs up challenges. We can't control every incident that happens between 100 people on the sideline any more than you can, but you sure as hell can control your players actions and he should have been red carded and if not for the first, then definitely for the second or third or fourth time he just about put people out of the game and, more importantly, out of work. If no red card was forthcoming he should have been dragged. Definition of insanity: making the same mistake and expecting different results. The guy is either an idiot or a crap bloke and your referee or coach should have acted.

Aside that it was a very enjoyable day down at the Gully and we look forward to seeing you in the return leg.
Last edited by On The Pine on Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azza
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Azza »

Yeah I agree all in all A's was a good fair result...I'm just stirring for f$$C$ sake :lol:
and about the little boxing match on the side..it was just 2 people goin at it..one come out better and everyone walked away...Don't see that these days..so my point is Munno Para came out with 4 points today and TTG came out with 1
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

From what i saw a draw was a fair result i think, but if the para forwards could finish may have been a different story, and for the b's, might of been a different story if the top scorer for them was allowed to play, lol

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:From what i saw a draw was a fair result i think, but if the para forwards could finish may have been a different story, and for the b's, might of been a different story if the top scorer for them was allowed to play, lol
Ha ha, yeah he was a big 'out'. Can't let him get too clear on the goalscoring leaderboard :)

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

incidents between 100 people on the sidelines :lol: :lol: :lol: was there another game going on :lol: :lol: :lol: