SAASL Sunday League - Round 1 Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

theonlygoldSTARclub!
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: SAASL Sunday League - Round 1 Results

Post by theonlygoldSTARclub! »

omalley you are right, 'every dog does have his day', from what you say today was'nt yours!?

dont blame bud!

ive heard you on the sidelines as a coach!

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

not a great way to start the yr with two red cards!! also did beau play for florina??
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

swannsong wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:A's. Beograd 5 - southern knights 2
B's. Beograd 2 - southern knights 2

Pretty sums up this week
A lot can happen in one week....Beograd grabbed every opportunity and Knights let a few opportunities go by.
Well done to Beograd...good start for 2011.
Missing our two top goal scorers from last year so far from season over looking forward to a home game next week and welcoming 6 or 7 players back
Russia 2018 wrote

dont know what that idiot knight is talking about though

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

sparts wrote:also did beau play for florina??
he played and got dragged at half time

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

hmmm, interesting move...who scored all the goals??

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

sparts wrote:hmmm, interesting move...who scored all the goals??
The Grove :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

swannsong wrote:
sparts wrote:hmmm, interesting move...who scored all the goals??
The Grove :wink:
couldnt see that one coming...! :roll:

1from1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1from1 »

Club Comment- John Manca “We are missing a bit of fire power from last season but we will focus more on defending, we will still score goals but we will focus on doing our job defensively”.

Still got a bit of work to do obviously :lol:

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote: Teddybear, sweetheart read my post slowly and take it all in........... ! then have a real good think about who the clown is ? please someone from Brahma help him !! :roll:
Brahma had a player sent off early however it did not change the game too much, credit to the brahma boys who sat back and soaked up alot of pressure. If it wasn't for a mistake from a goalkick the game would have gone into the break at 0-0. Second half saw Andy O'Malley sent off for a very soft push after the ball had gone out and two players got tangled together. Vista pushed hard but couldn't find that kiler blow until another goalkeeper error allowed a miss directed cross underneath him to make it 2-0. Brahma still pushed until the final whistle and were very unlucky to concede another soft goal close to the end.

Big thanks to the Brahma boys for their hospitality and a great day. They will be a very strong side in Div 2 as they were in Div 3, good luck for the season boys.

By the way how is Div 3? If you guys have another forfeit my under 14's are always looking for a competative team :D
Which Under 14's do you have?
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

zackadacka wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote: Teddybear, sweetheart read my post slowly and take it all in........... ! then have a real good think about who the clown is ? please someone from Brahma help him !! :roll:
Brahma had a player sent off early however it did not change the game too much, credit to the brahma boys who sat back and soaked up alot of pressure. If it wasn't for a mistake from a goalkick the game would have gone into the break at 0-0. Second half saw Andy O'Malley sent off for a very soft push after the ball had gone out and two players got tangled together. Vista pushed hard but couldn't find that kiler blow until another goalkeeper error allowed a miss directed cross underneath him to make it 2-0. Brahma still pushed until the final whistle and were very unlucky to concede another soft goal close to the end.

Big thanks to the Brahma boys for their hospitality and a great day. They will be a very strong side in Div 2 as they were in Div 3, good luck for the season boys.

By the way how is Div 3? If you guys have another forfeit my under 14's are always looking for a competative team :D
Which Under 14's do you have?
Vista's 14's div 2 mate, my team is the 13 rovers :wink:

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Left Right Out wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

Someone there that was watching has a brain, thanks mate, was nothing in it. PC dived and held his face, PC every dog has his day and you mate are a dog of the lowest standard!

To Bud and his ressies coach, it was my wife sitting to the left of you, I have been told what you were saying through the game, thanks guys, Bud I broke my leg playing at Para hills for you I thought you were better than that.

Also where were all your players after the game, no one come in for a drink, prick of an act that!
Dont think alot of the boys felt like it was welcome to come in for a drink, although there were 6 to 7 of us in their as well as Bud.

leftfoot10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leftfoot10 »

West beach v Pontians

A's 4-0 Pontians
B's 3-1 Pontians
C's 4-1 West beach.

Not a good day for the beach today.
We will ease our wounds and bounce back next week!!

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

redders wrote:
toonarmy#9 wrote:Easties 3 Vale 3
Decent start for easties, wouldnt mind hearing more about this game? Who scored etc. Which team equalised?
Vale 1-0
Vale 2-0 (35+ out, will attach picture if possible)
Vale 2-1 (Miller)

HT

Vale 3-1
Vale 3-2 (Mozzie)
Vale 3-3 (Miller)

both teams had chances to take the points but desperate defending saw the points shared :D

Picture is huge on the screen, need to know how to make it smaller :?

the picture guys :mrgreen:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

tyneside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tyneside »

Left Right Out wrote:
Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

Someone there that was watching has a brain, thanks mate, was nothing in it. PC dived and held his face, PC every dog has his day and you mate are a dog of the lowest standard!

To Bud and his ressies coach, it was my wife sitting to the left of you, I have been told what you were saying through the game, thanks guys, Bud I broke my leg playing at Para hills for you I thought you were better than that.

Also where were all your players after the game, no one come in for a drink, prick of an act that!

Well i was in after for a few drinks with 6 or 7 players, sorry if the other boys left straight away. Probably didn't feel welcome after a few Brahma players stood out the change rooms waiting to have a crack at a certain player from Vista.

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

Brahma v Vista

Everyone welcome in our club was great to see some of the vista crew come in. Also supported the bar and barbie well all day.

As for the game, with the majority played at 10 then 9 men. Second send off was poor reffing a tangle and handbags after the ball went out for a clear corner, omalley gets a straight red and nothing for the vista lad except an oscar and a goal kick. A good benchmark to come up against first game, the lads should be able to take alot from it and hopefully are much better for it next week.

Cobweb Rides Again
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cobweb Rides Again »

Downs Vs Farm

A tough 'first up' game for both teams at Argana Park today. Everyone knows that the Farmers start the year off well and today was no exception. With the adrenaline pumping it was game on from the first whistle.
Downs kicked off and within the first 3 minutes had 2 chances of annoying the scoreboard attendant. In particular a Nathan Day corner clearly swinging across the goal line (BANG!) under the bar and being headed clear by the Farmers only to be unsighted by the young lad in black on the sideline.
Farmers were able to settle a little after the first 5 minute barrage and worked themselves back into the game where on the 15 minute mark they found the back of the Downs net via the upright (BANG!). The game continued with end to end contests when on the half hour G. Armeni had a 1 v 1 with only the keeper to beat and the resultant shot slid past the far post.
Half time rang out from the refs (everyones [carton for a nutmeg] friend!!!!!) whistle.
Both sides regrouped, Farmers took the kick off and within 3 minutes of the restart N. Day had his name on the scorers sheet after doing his impersonation of a Russian Cossack break dancer.
BANG! 1 all.
More attacking, defending, pressure football ensued until just after the hour when the Downs got another corner. N. Day stepped up and swung the ball in once more with G. Armeni making the most of the spoils.
BANG! 2-1
And in the 85th minute a S. Morrison goal BANG! was disallowed (the reason only understood by the man in the middle with the pea in his mouth)!!!!
To Farmers credit the last ten minutes was all out attack as they had several chances but for the cat like reflexes and clearing abilities of B. Aldridge, who denied everything put at him.
An entertaining game today by both teams and good luck to the Farmers for the rest of the season as they set about deflating BANG! Groves chances next week.

Pommy09
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Pommy09 »

para hills east C's won 3-0 by my count unless im wrong???
CMON U SAINTS

There's only one le tissier

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

BPBC wrote:Brahma v Vista

Everyone welcome in our club was great to see some of the vista crew come in. Also supported the bar and barbie well all day.

As for the game, with the majority played at 10 then 9 men. Second send off was poor reffing a tangle and handbags after the ball went out for a clear corner, omalley gets a straight red and nothing for the vista lad except an oscar and a goal kick. A good benchmark to come up against first game, the lads should be able to take alot from it and hopefully are much better for it next week.
2 tough physical games, we knew you would put up a good effort and it would be tough, good luck for the season
ImageImage

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Pommy10 wrote:para hills east C's won 3-0 by my count unless im wrong???
You were wrong pommy.....

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

By the way how is Div 3? If you guys have another forfeit my under 14's are always looking for a competative team :D[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont think alot of the boys felt like it was welcome to come in for a drink, although there were 6 to 7 of us in their as well as Bud.[/quote]

you lads are always welcome to come in for a drink, what happens on the park should stay on the park, thanks to Bud and the few that did come in.. see you you at your ground
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Vista09 wrote:
Vista's 14's div 2 mate, my team is the 13 rovers :wink:
We don't have a div 2 team in under 14, only two div 1, of which mine is one of them. :wink:
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

bigpond wrote:
KING NUGGETT wrote:GARDENS v FULHAM
Res. 5-0
1st. 3-1
1 nil down 1st half last 20 mins BANG, BANG,BANG!!!
Wasn't 1 nil 1st half - Fulham scored about 10 into the 2nd half Nuggett - were u at the game?

Straight after Fulham scored another golden chance for Fulham to go 2 nil up with a 1 on 1 which Stam saved and then I agree PArafield turned it up a notch and the last 30 minutes was all Parafield but Fulham could hold there heads up high and were certainly not disgraced.

Reserves Parafield were extremely good and as a unit were certainly 1 of the best B sides I have seen for a long while with 6 or 7 a walk up start at most 1st team Div 1 Clubs.

It was 0-0 after 30 minutes but when we lost our sweeper thru injury we lost shape and it was 3 nil at half time and from then on we were never in the game.

good win for our c team though - 6-2.
Yes I was at the game & thought you scored in the 1st half but had about 7 coronas by then & about 10 when i wrote it, so sorry for that. Yeh FULHAM were very good bigpond & wont be beaten to often at home. Your keeper needs to get audition for Home & Away good keeper but all that bullish*t should be left for T.V. Also you might want to look at you food $5.00 for a steak roll with a piece of steak that didnt even cover half the roll with a bit of lettuce bit rich & I won't be eating there again. All in all though good day well done to FULHAM they were good but just not good enough.

WTF is 10-1 FLORINA??? Is that true???

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

tyneside wrote:Well i was in after for a few drinks with 6 or 7 players, sorry if the other boys left straight away. Probably didn't feel welcome after a few Brahma players stood out the change rooms waiting to have a crack at a certain player from Vista.
Dont come here talking that shite :!:
Simply allowing you to shower first and sing your club song........... :oops:
Brahma simply outplayed for the day and with 9 men the result could have been far worse for us. Fought hard but hats off to Vista for a great, physical game.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Res. 5-0
1st. 3-1
Wasn't 1 nil 1st half - Fulham scored about 10 into the 2nd half Nuggett - were u at the game?

Straight after Fulham scored another golden chance for Fulham to go 2 nil up with a 1 on 1 which Stam saved and then I agree PArafield turned it up a notch and the last 30 minutes was all Parafield but Fulham could hold there heads up high and were certainly not disgraced.

Reserves Parafield were extremely good and as a unit were certainly 1 of the best B sides I have seen for a long while with 6 or 7 a walk up start at most 1st team Div 1 Clubs.

It was 0-0 after 30 minutes but when we lost our sweeper thru injury we lost shape and it was 3 nil at half time and from then on we were never in the game.

Yes I was at the game & thought you scored in the 1st half but had about 7 coronas by then & about 10 when i wrote it, so sorry for that. Yeh FULHAM were very good bigpond & wont be beaten to often at home. Your keeper needs to get audition for Home & Away good keeper but all that bullish*t should be left for T.V. Also you might want to look at you food $5.00 for a steak roll with a piece of steak that didnt even cover half the roll with a bit of lettuce bit rich & I won't be eating there again. All in all though good day well done to FULHAM they were good but just not good enough.

After 10 Corona's Im surprised you remembered about the steak roll. :wink: Did you drive home?
Ignore this signature

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
bigpond wrote:
Res. 5-0
1st. 3-1

of course you wont be eating there again macnuggets you only go there once a season...congrats on the start how did my mate mr donovan go??

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Very strong Farmers who really impressed in all grades yesterday they will definitely be there or thereabouts across all leagues this season - good of Jay to join us in the corporate box too - good luck for the rest of the season mate.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

teddybear wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:
Vista09 wrote:Brahma Lodge vs Modbury Vista
Bs 2 - 4
A's 0 - 3
Fantastic result for Vista 1 nil up at half time against 10 Brahma players,then second half played against 9 Brahma players and absolutely smashed them by bagging 2 more goals ! Very solid effort ! :shock: :oops:
Solid effort against nine would have been an interesting game 11 v 11 :clown:
Great 24 hours for you pal. The huns humped 3-2 at home and then you got sent off. I bet DV call-outs were at an all time high last night in the Brahma area

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

lisbon lion wrote:of course you wont be eating there again macnuggets you only go there once a season...congrats on the start how did my mate mr donovan go??
Donovan did ok - put on a bit of beef though.

And Brooksy a late signing on Friday likes like he has been eating well in the off season as well but to have him coming off the bench shows the depth Parafield have got.

Certainly they will be the team to beat but I dont believe they can keep going down and coming back like they have the last couple of weeks - against top notch sides like Downs and Farm they need to be switched on from the start.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Lippy we could draw Fulham in the Cup at there ground & if we do I'll be eating before I get there & again next year will be eating before hand.

Donovan played well Yesterday he has got himself fit & has lost a load of weight he is just a solid unit Bigpond, he is a fantastic inclusion for us....
Last edited by KING NUGGETT on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

bigpond wrote:
lisbon lion wrote:of course you wont be eating there again macnuggets you only go there once a season...congrats on the start how did my mate mr donovan go??
Donovan did ok - put on a bit of beef though.

And Brooksy a late signing on Friday likes like he has been eating well in the off season as well but to have him coming off the bench shows the depth Parafield have got.

Certainly they will be the team to beat but I dont believe they can keep going down and coming back like they have the last couple of weeks - against top notch sides like Downs and Farm they need to be switched on from the start.
sounds like a bit of improvement left in those 2 guys...guys wonder why Brooksy left it so late to choose a club