Saturday Div 3 Predictions, Results, Thoughts, Rumours

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Old_Iggies
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Saturday Div 3 Predictions, Results, Thoughts, Rumours

Post by Old_Iggies »

Gleeson are a quality team this season, showing that they could potentially win the title/get promoted.

Certainly have some quality players, 15 for Gleeson i think Chris they call him certainly shows some skill. I was speaking to the refferee after the Gleeson game and found out he was playing reserves at Olympic as a 16 year old and showed alot of potential to become a star first team player. How the hell did they get him? Anyone know if he would be getting paid? Havent seen someone at his standard in this league before!

mvsc
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mvsc »

hi Chris
:D

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

Pumas 5 - 2 ACU falcons

Pumas 3- 1 ACU falcons (bs)

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Juvefan 08 wrote:Pumas 5 - 2 ACU falcons

Yep that reserves result was bs alright :D

The first team ref was a shocker, didn't know u could send someone off then let them back on after arguing with him....and don't get me started on that second penalty!

aufcOfRed
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by aufcOfRed »

(A) Monarchs 1 - 1 Gleeson

Ref had an interesting game...
Gleeson had a goal disallowed when it was onside, pretty clearly in my view. Also hit the crossbar twice (from memory). Monarchs very very lucky to come away with a point tbh.

(B) Monarchs 0 - 2 Gleeson? (not sure, didint see the whole game)

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

acu_falcon wrote:

The first team ref was a shocker, didn't know u could send someone off then let them back on after arguing with him....and don't get me started on that second penalty!
yeah was a bit iffy lol.... well you had a chance to get back into the game when our keeper got sent off.. (which by the way is a 6 week suspension).

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Juvefan 08 wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:

yeah was a bit iffy lol.... well you had a chance to get back into the game when our keeper got sent off.. (which by the way is a 6 week suspension).
2 things:

Why was he sent off with a straight red and why 6 week suspension?

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

acu_falcon wrote:

clearly pumas the better team in both games
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

goaly for pumas retaliated after goal was scored should only get one game
definatly wont be six weeks 1 or 2 at the most

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

I think reff had a fair game for both sides. Both penalties were penalties. With the second penalty defender retaliated after striker was too quick and managed to get in front of him. Defender then striking/headlock to pumas striker, sorry guys but anythink above the shoulders in the penalty area is not a hard decision for reffs. Could'nt see it from most angles but reff could.
As for the player late in the second half received a yellow card for time wasting was'nt sent off because it was his first yellow for the game. He only was spoken to earlier in the half for a hard tackle but did'nt receive a yellow then.
Was a good entertaining game by the end. Good luck for the rest of the seoson Falcons

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

the referee in the monarcs gleeson game was nothing short of a disgrace.he made two correct decisions all day. One to let gleesons first goal stand and to award monarcs a penalty. When a b grade referee cheats in the game previous and then steps up to run the line in the a's what do you think is going to happen? The sad thing is it all happened at league head quarters and nothing will be done! Rant over.
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

mantzy wrote:I think reff had a fair game for both sides. Both penalties were penalties. With the second penalty defender retaliated after striker was too quick and managed to get in front of him. Defender then striking/headlock to pumas striker, sorry guys but anythink above the shoulders in the penalty area is not a hard decision for reffs. Could'nt see it from most angles but reff could.
As for the player late in the second half received a yellow card for time wasting was'nt sent off because it was his first yellow for the game. He only was spoken to earlier in the half for a hard tackle but did'nt receive a yellow then.
Was a good entertaining game by the end. Good luck for the rest of the seoson Falcons
I'm pretty sure it was his second yellow and the card was only withdrawn (only God knows how) once the Puma's guy whispered something in the refs ear. But to add insult to injury one of our guys spoke to the ref after the game and was told he wasn't going to report any of the cards from the game. I think the league can and will have something to say about that....

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:

clearly pumas the better team in both games
A's game definitely, B's game I reckon it was pretty close for most of it I mean both teams had their chances but it's just that the Puma's put away 2 more than we did.....and I still question the 'ball to hand' issue with that second penalty.

Laws of the game section 12 states

"In determining whether a player deliberately (direct free kick), or accidentally (no offence) handled the ball, the referee has several different considerations- whether the arm moved towards the ball, how long the player had to react, whether the player had his eyes on the ball and whether the players arm is in a "natural" or an "unnatural" position."

- Arm was stationary
- Player had stuff all time to react
- The ball came from his side not front
- The only questionable fact was part 4 about natural positioning of his arm as it was out but still didn't move and if u saw it u would have seen if the ball didn't hit is arm it would have hit his body anyway as he was side on to the ball......doesn't sound like deliberate handball to me.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are u really quoting the rules of the game?

it was a clear handball, should be given every time
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are u really quoting the rules of the game?

it was a clear handball, should be given every time
Yes I am quoting the laws of the game becuase the last time I checked thats the laws we're meant to abide by on the pitch.

I was standing 3 metres from the defender in question and I know what I saw....

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

u lost, its over

better luck next time

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:u lost, its over

better luck next time
Oh we're definitely pissed off with ourselves that we lost I mean the number of time our forwards would try and take on the man instead of passing or having a shot was crazy, our second goal in the A's proves that point.....

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

acu_falcon wrote:

better luck next time
Oh we're definitely pissed off with ourselves that we lost I mean the number of time our forwards would try and take on the man instead of passing or having a shot was crazy, our second goal in the A's proves that point.....
:lol: he has never kept in his life

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:

better luck next time
:lol: he has never kept in his life
Yeah I know that but the shot was straight at him, chest height from 20 yards out.....

CaloTed
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by CaloTed »

In regards to the Monarchs v Gleeson match the referee had a very good game! Maybe if some of the Gleeson supporters weren't watching the game through the beer bottles they might have seen a proper game! In regards to the B's ref, he is the most honest ref going around like your ref as we played earlier in the season! He even goes against us at times but don't call him a cheat! If u want to c a cheat just go to the Pumas club ref!

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

CaloTed wrote:In regards to the Monarchs v Gleeson match the referee had a very good game! Maybe if some of the Gleeson supporters weren't watching the game through the beer bottles they might have seen a proper game! In regards to the B's ref, he is the most honest ref going around like your ref as we played earlier in the season! He even goes against us at times but don't call him a cheat! If u want to c a cheat just go to the Pumas club ref!
We've already addressed that one above, I wouldnt call him a cheat but there was a controversial penalty against our reserves on the weekend.....just waiting for chelsea4thewin and/or juvefan08's rebuttle :lol: :lol:

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

your strikers had nothing on me :P I saved everything besides your goal (which was our defence fault).

couldnt tell you much about the A's game i was too busy working my magic on the bbq lol.

gleeson ref seemed decent.. so i wont say much about that lol

aufcOfRed

Post by aufcOfRed »

CaloTed wrote:In regards to the Monarchs v Gleeson match the referee had a very good game! Maybe if some of the Gleeson supporters weren't watching the game through the beer bottles they might have seen a proper game! In regards to the B's ref, he is the most honest ref going around like your ref as we played earlier in the season! He even goes against us at times but don't call him a cheat! If u want to c a cheat just go to the Pumas club ref!
No way! the ref missed several pretty obvious free kicks, which should have been awarded to gleeson in gleeson's front third.

As for the disallowed goal, well you could tell from the other side of the pitch that the player that headed the ball in was not in an offside position, being man marked usually gives it away. :)

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Can't say put b's ref is bad (monarchs). He is always fair. He Also refs rbe b's too and we've never had a complaint about him yet so I don't know why you guys can call him a cheat. If you're players actually played the ball and not the man, you wouldn't give so many fouls away

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

totsreds08 wrote:Can't say put b's ref is bad (monarchs). He is always fair. He Also refs rbe b's too and we've never had a complaint about him yet so I don't know why you guys can call him a cheat. If you're players actually played the ball and not the man, you wouldn't give so many fouls away
no one likes to accept they were beaten by a better team on the day

its always someone elses fault

the league is really close, 3 points seperate 3rd to 8th at the moment and i cant see ACU staying in 2nd place so the final promotion spot could be anyones

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Juvefan 08 wrote:your strikers had nothing on me :P I saved everything besides your goal (which was our defence fault).

couldnt tell you much about the A's game i was too busy working my magic on the bbq lol.

gleeson ref seemed decent.. so i wont say much about that lol
None of your goals we're anything special, 1 was a defensive error, 2 was a goalkeeping error and 3 was....we'll I'll leave that one alone :D :D

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Can't say put b's ref is bad (monarchs). He is always fair. He Also refs rbe b's too and we've never had a complaint about him yet so I don't know why you guys can call him a cheat. If you're players actually played the ball and not the man, you wouldn't give so many fouls away

the league is really close, 3 points seperate 3rd to 8th at the moment and i cant see ACU staying in 2nd place so the final promotion spot could be anyones
Big words mate, last Saturdays performance by our A's will never be repeated.....

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

well both performances i didnt see anything all that great about your first team to be honest

you talk about penalties in the reserves but u dont say a thing about the other game we played u in the first team where u were given a penalty for ur little guy running into our keepers arms when he had the ball, worst decision i have ever seen

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:well both performances i didnt see anything all that great about your first team to be honest

you talk about penalties in the reserves but u dont say a thing about the other game we played u in the first team where u were given a penalty for ur little guy running into our keepers arms when he had the ball, worst decision i have ever seen
I know, but that was a first team missing a few players for various reasons.

Its no excuse for the performance but we wont be fielding a team like that again any time soon and our injured players welcome the week off to recover.

In regards to the first game remember no club refs are involved and your gonna get contentious decisions both ways in first team games...

sscuba
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by sscuba »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:

Gleeson Bs won the game though, so were not blaming anyone, were happy with the 3 points and equal top, what i will say is the ref waved off our linesman no more than 5 times during the match, when the ref was standing in the centre circle, so not sure how he could see that.....the other issue was the penalty given to monarchs and not given to us....he had no hesitation to give the penalty to monarchs when it was a line ball decision, and at the other end we had exactly the same shout for a penalty and he waved it away, just a bit of consistency would be nice.......and dont even get me started on the offside in the As.... i cant see how you can be offside when the defender was marking our player goal side and was still called offside.....and while im here, the blatant dive by the monarchs player, which even had the supporters of monarchs laughing wasnt given a yellow card, but he did give a free kick......i could go on, but i got work to do