Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club 2011

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club 2011

Post by Judge Judy »

Post all info re: Ingle Farm's new lights and anyone who threw a 180 in darts there.

New set of lights there are brilliant!
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club 2011

Post by swannsong »

Heard Farm were looking for funding for a ski lift for the South-Western slope and the possibility of bringing in a snow machine to creat a ski run !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Lights should be set up completely now and will be turned on for Thursday night Kick around.

Too bad I wont be there :(

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

got an idea for your ashes day, a 50 metre slip n slide!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

redders wrote:got an idea for your ashes day, a 50 metre slip n slide!
I had been considered but probably wont be hot enough

Davinci Code
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Davinci Code »

Farm are out throwing money at everyone at the moment.

The worst pitch in the league, why wound anyone want to go to them.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

It isn't the worst pitch in the league by any stretch of the imagination !!! And i question "money is being thrown at everyone" - don't believe everything written on this forum.

Yes the pitch has a slope from north to south - but only opposition teams hate it - which we like. :P Personally i think it makes for an interesting tactical battle as it is at Walkley Park. I used to love playing there. You have the hill all around it which gives a great view for spectators.

Players come because its a good club with good people with an excellent coach. There is a desire to succeed at the club - which a lot of players want to be apart of.

Ingle Farm Soccer Club have new floodlights and plans are in place for new clubrooms in the next year or two so i'd like to think the club is certainly moving in a positive direction. It hasn't been easy working with what we have but our committee's over the years have put things in place to make tasks workable.

Our committee is up 25% on last year, which is another positive, and we all work very hard to see that we improve the club year by year.

Don't appreciate the slagging of my club mate, pull your head in, proud to be apart of it.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

ROBBO wrote:It isn't the worst pitch in the league by any stretch of the imagination !!! And i question "money is being thrown at everyone" - don't believe everything written on this forum.

Yes the pitch has a slope from north to south - but only opposition teams hate it - which we like. :P Personally i think it makes for an interesting tactical battle as it is at Walkley Park. I used to love playing there. You have the hill all around it which gives a great view for spectators.

Players come because its a good club with good people with an excellent coach. There is a desire to succeed at the club - which a lot of players want to be apart of.

Ingle Farm Soccer Club have new floodlights and plans are in place for new clubrooms in the next year or two so i'd like to think the club is certainly moving in a positive direction. It hasn't been easy working with what we have but our committee's over the years have put things in place to make tasks workable.

Our committee is up 25% on last year, which is another positive, and we all work very hard to see that we improve the club year by year.

Don't appreciate the slagging of my club mate, pull your head in, proud to be apart of it.
Well said Robbo. Good luck to the committee and all involved in 2011, a much loved club and one that has been very successful over the past few years.
Last edited by Outlaw 2.0 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HA'WAY THE LADS

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ROBBO wrote: .....Our committee is up 25% on last year, which is another positive, and we all work very hard to see that we improve the club year by year.
Pre season training will get rid of some of that :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

ROBBO wrote:It isn't the worst pitch in the league by any stretch of the imagination !!! And i question "money is being thrown at everyone" - don't believe everything written on this forum.

Its hardly worth a reply but I'll bite.

We don't have money to throw around so if you can tell me who we are throwing it at and how much, I'll honestly tell you if you are right or not. Let me guess, you don't know who but have just heard it around the traps?

As for our pitch, its come a long way baby as Fat Boy Slim would say. Despite the slope, the surface is improving and we will soon have some great new facilities (I hope :? )

I wouldn't have put as much effort into the reply as that Robbo, he ain't worth it.

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

ROBBO wrote:It isn't the worst pitch in the league by any stretch of the imagination.
ROBBO & Jay you might both be looking through rose coloured glasses, tell me a worse pitch in the League to play on?
It could be a bowling green surface & it would still be crap, for opposition Clubs!! Great home ground advantage & you play it well. But you have to face it, It's cabernet

I'm not having a go at you Club either before you get all defensive just the Slope!!!

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

KING NUGGETT wrote:
ROBBO wrote:It isn't the worst pitch in the league by any stretch of the imagination.
ROBBO & Jay you might both be looking through rose coloured glasses, tell me a worse pitch in the League to play on?
It could be a bowling green surface & it would still be crap, for opposition Clubs!! Great home ground advantage & you play it well. But you have to face it, It's cabernet

I'm not having a go at you Club either before you get all defensive just the Slope!!!
Nothing wrong with playing on a slope. The pitch itself has improved a lot, less holes, not as hard.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

KING NUGGETT wrote:

haha, at least it drains well :lol:

Lumper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Lumper »

What a bunch of racists, talking about slopes like that... :)

Work Experience Kid
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Work Experience Kid »

Like it or lump it. :D
Fighting bull's one thing, fighting bullshít's another!

terminator
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by terminator »

ROBBO wrote:
Simmo is dying to have that Div 1 title and will do anything to get it.

My personal opinion (which I am entitled to) is that he has been given too much power at the club and a say in too many decisions outside of just coaching and he believes he can virtually do anything he pleases without no reprecussions.

Again just my opinion - but with the pool of players he has had available (regardless of only being in Div 1 for 4 seasons) he should have won a title but they have choked at vital stages of the season.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

terminator wrote:
ROBBO wrote:

My personal opinion (which I am entitled to) is that he has been given too much power at the club and a say in too many decisions outside of just coaching and he believes he can virtually do anything he pleases without no reprecussions.

Again just my opinion - but with the pool of players he has had available (regardless of only being in Div 1 for 4 seasons) he should have won a title but they have choked at vital stages of the season.
pretty sure jay will argue this point to the death with you
ImageImage

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

It is interesting you say that,I saw them play a couple of seasons ago in a cup game against Sturt Marion,and Ingle Farm really knock the ball around really well,but Sturt Marion created more scoring opportunities. My point being it is all well and good to look stylish and have a majority of the ball,but if it does not equate to shots on goal,you will struggle to win titles.
You have 70% of the play,but have a lot less shots on goal then your opposition,who has had the better game ?
In this particular game,so many times Ingle Farm got into the opposition's penalty box,then they would always look to lay the ball off to someone...have a crack lads :idea:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

terminator wrote:
ROBBO wrote:

Pretty harsh against those teams who did win the title? Do you think that Downs, Vale, Flornia and Gardens didn't deserve to win the title.

Outside of that, I'm not going to bite as your not apart of our club and have no idea how its run so how would you really know what Simo has a say on.

beancounter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by beancounter »

Well I guess if he is on the committee he will have a say on lots of things other than just coaching,
but why is that too much power.... the results since simmo has been at the farm suggest otherwise.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

No one person has the power at our club anyway. Decisions are made at a committee level so how would he have too much power?

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote:No one person has the power at our club anyway. Decisions are made at a committee level so how would he have too much power?
With those new lights being installed Ingle Farm must have lots of Power at their disposal :wink:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

With Coopers sponsoring Adelaide United, maybe we need to looking at getting more Coopers products back into the bar.

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Davinci Code wrote:The worst pitch in the league, why wound anyone want to go to them.
The pitch is the same for both teams. I think most of the gripe is the size of the pitch as most of the other clubs have smaller narrower sized pitches.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Jay Now Hobbling wrote:With Coopers sponsoring Adelaide United, maybe we need to looking at getting more Coopers products back into the bar.
Fantastic idea - much rather see Coopers there than the 7 different types of Bacardi Breezer on offer last season! :lol:

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

OldRedback wrote:
Jay Now Hobbling wrote:With Coopers sponsoring Adelaide United, maybe we need to looking at getting more Coopers products back into the bar.
Fantastic idea - much rather see Coopers there than the 7 different types of Bacardi Breezer on offer last season! :lol:
I did hear that the were a bit strong for you :wink:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

OldRedback wrote:
Coopers Lights will be there for you :D

I thought you'd like this, surprised it took you so long to respond.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Just keep it well stocked Jay and I am sure that BANYA and I will put enough of it away for you to be able to pay the electricity bill for a couple of months.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

OldRedback wrote:Just keep it well stocked Jay and I am sure that BANYA and I will put enough of it away for you to be able to pay the electricity bill for a couple of months.
Deal :D

Funky Punk

Post by Funky Punk »

They may even buy a yiro or two.