gawler eagles in trouble

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

gawler eagles in trouble

Post by guest »

just been drinking with a certain player from gawler and things are not working well with in fighting between several state legue coaches.players playing because mates with coach etc.when better players get dropped for no reason.typical amatuers.grow up and pick the best team if you want to retain or attract players.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

DIV 2

Post by BULLDOG »

2 GAMES IN AND ALREADY TRYING TO PICK WHO WILL LEAVE US AT THE END OF THE YEAR........TOUGH ASK TO PICK AT SUCH AN EARLY STAGE.....WEST BEACH WILL TAKE POINTS OF THE BETTER TEAMS.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: gawler eagles in trouble

Post by BULLDOG »

guest wrote:just been drinking with a certain player from gawler and things are not working well with in fighting between several state legue coaches.players playing because mates with coach etc.when better players get dropped for no reason.typical amatuers.grow up and pick the best team if you want to retain or attract players.
I think they have jumped too high too soon, i believe you have to work your way up the ladder,be consistant before you take the next step. plus players who may play for you see that your on the up and up and proven winners of leagues. a small price to pay to be there but will it be in the end????????

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

have gawlers amateur reserves had a side yet... two 2-0 losses in a row seem to indicate forfeits...

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

Give the Gawler coach a chance, Shirty has no money to work with. When most amatuer clubs pay players who aren't worth a $2 let alone $100 (like the Downs), how do you expect to attract players to a State league team. They have to train 3 nights a week just to be fit enough to keep up.
It does take time to build a team that can be competive, take a look at the Downs, they pay stupid money for has been players and have won how many 1st division titles???????? Which way would you go

Post by Guest »

i bet those has been players at the downs would give gawler a spanking!...and as for $100 i don't know who has been blowing smoke up your ass...peckerhead!

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

the downs have some quality players pecker...not all of whom that are old! they have to decent young strikers in the name of mister radford and also young ross which are both still pretty young!and there 'has beens' have all played federation some where along the line so they should be taken seriously

unknown!

Post by unknown! »

8)

Post by Guest »

try between of $100 - $130 a game
not the quoted $180 that was mentioned on these forums
and this isnt bollix, if they can afford it, then why not

Post by Guest »

pecker wrote:Give the Gawler coach a chance, Shirty has no money to work with. When most amatuer clubs pay players who aren't worth a $2 let alone $100 (like the Downs), how do you expect to attract players to a State league team. They have to train 3 nights a week just to be fit enough to keep up.
It does take time to build a team that can be competive, take a look at the Downs, they pay stupid money for has been players and have won how many 1st division titles???????? Which way would you go
peckerhead you certainly live up to your name. as soon as the big money ran out at the grove you spiraled backwards at an alarming rate. so stop bagging the downs. at least they are not a yo-yo like you lot. They seem to have depth and pride in the jumper, when we played them in a pre season game they were the friendliest and most hospitable team we have come accross in years.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

i heard Reeves was on $180 a game from a very good source and Ross Taylor picked up $150 after Royal Park game but that included goal bonuses as he did score 4 goals.

Good luck to them - Villa have been throwing around money and thats how they won a title so if Downs can do it good luck to them - i think they will romp it in this year with the qualirty players they have to choose from the Downs

Post by Guest »

if the downs want to blow loads of $$$$$ on players to win there first championship good luck to them i say,not the first club that done it and wont be the last.i am not involved with downs in any way but wouldnt of thought players getting 180 or so a week.tony is a quality player and bloke so what ever he gets good luck to him

the insider

Post by the insider »

why is it when a team is playing well every idiot says money is the reason for their success? i happen to know money at the downs is the same as it has been for the last 5 years and reeves and company are playing at the downs because of their respect of motts and the club. definately not for money. nobody is on a goal bonus and ross taylor loves the downs atmosphere. anyone thinking its a money thing is very much mistaken. keep speculating if you like about huge wages it is amusing to see. just goes to show how little you know.

htfc

Post by htfc »

If you want to know the real reason quality players are at the Downs come into the clubrooms after a game. Plenty of supporters, players, wives, girlfriends, and children of all the above. Its a true community family orientated club with good atmosphere accepting of all.

Thats why good players enjoy the club. Not only are they welcome but so too is their family and friends.

Money can't buy that.

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

funny that the downs on top at the moment and there success is immediatley linked to massive player payments.
last year villa at the top and the same thing.
seems like no one thinks maybe these are good clubs with a great atmosphere and that is why they do well.

supasub
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by supasub »

Gawler are going well they are not havin trouble but there are a few player that are pissed but that has nothing to do with anyone but club members. and the amateur team does not have enough players to fill a b grade team as of this point in the season.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

All i can say is THANK YOU Gawler for chosing to go in the State League and getting pumped every week instead of Div 2 AMT. league cos u have saved us at Fulham the trip out there.

Sucked in for trying to expand too quick - hope u guys have learned ur lesson.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

thats a bit rough bigpond, although i agree they did try and jump up too quick!

supasub
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by supasub »

Gawler did`nt jump to quickly the federation gave us a chance and aswell as other clubs to play in there state league we gave alot of thought and went into the federation thinking we would not get the opp again and if we fail aleast we tryed it

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i am aware of the huge step they have taken but there are other clubs which were offered this opportunity and turned it down in fear that they would not be ready for this huge step up. good on them for giving it a go!

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

I for one was impressed with the teams first appearance at NAB...

Interestingly enough though... you could tell they were an Amateur league outfit because they all took their bags out of the changerooms before going out onto the pitch ... :lol:

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

hahahaha thats so funny and so amateur style
you could tell they were an Amateur league outfit because they all took their bags out of the changerooms before going out onto the pitch ...

supasub
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by supasub »

they did look good when they played nab did nab have any amateur players in that fed team from last year or not do u know?

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

supasub wrote:they did look good when they played nab did nab have any amateur players in that fed team from last year or not do u know?
I'm not too sure... i don't know many of the players...

Keeeepa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Keeeepa »

I think you need to get a clue bigpond. If your refering to Gawler's first team, they've had a win and loss. They're not and will not get a thumping every week. A couple of you are quick to make judgements and assumptions on issues you nothing of.

Fftn
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Fftn »

Hope you enjoy Div 2 AMT bigpond. While Gawler are pushing themselves and improving as a team and a club you can sit back and be thankful that you don't have to challenge yourselves by *gasp* travelling!!!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

I don't think you can blame Gawler, timing is so important if they said no now and another team had taken their spot they might need to wait years and years to get another chance. However they are there now, as long as they have a long term plan and they hold it together during the first few hards years they have done the right thing!

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

still stick to my opinion they should have stayed in Div 2 and tried to be a strong amateur club before moving to the next step - there would have been other chances to get in the State League later down the track cos I am sure some of the teams in the future might find it financially too much too stay in.

Too far away to ever be a strong team in the Federation cos they will never draw top players because of the distance - unless they pay big money which then puts a heavy burden on clubs finances and having to find sponsors etc - just look at the Pirie Teams - never been a powerhouse even after a number of years in the federation....

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

bigpond, aside from fulham which u constantly praise...... have u ever said one good thing about another club?

ur a tool
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

arxidi wrote:bigpond, aside from fulham which u constantly praise...... have u ever said one good thing about another club?

ur a tool
ur the tool - if u read my posts I have said PHE are a good team, Downs are quality, Inter are a very good side and Gardens are good.

Just beacuse I dont praise Limnos doesn't make me a tool - u r the tool for thinking the world revolves around Limnos