Results 26-27Aug06

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Beach_Driller wrote:East Boy...I watched the game yesterday.In the linesman's defense , he has really only started playing football this year.. i doubt he knew he had to flag for those occasions! I was in the club house and saw the incident so how the ref didn't see it is beyond me!! You had your chances including a penalty..so stop moaning and get over it!! and your linesman wasn't exactly unbias either and if i remember game at your ground, the linesman raised a couple of dubious offside flags when Beach were on top!
Im not tryin to moan at all really, coz at the end of the day you cant change the result can ya?? Maybe it is just a little poor organisation from the club. We waited 5mins for a match ball to start the game, then there was no linesman. I'm not sure if its a good enough excuse that he was your linesman either. You had 30 odd blokes there watching, im sure one of them have played for a while..... hell even mc combie could have done it!! Maybe not though he was looking a little sluggish in the resies. He been injured or something??
At the end of the day its just really disapointing to loose at this stage in the season. Your right too, we did have our fair share of chances and missed a penalty. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

:lol:

how bout a room at the Settlers Tavern with a $100 bar voucher?

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

BULLDOG wrote:now all of a sudden people want to be friends with vista.
why just ten minutes ago some flowers arrived from robbo.
then some expensive choccies from east boy.
why is this so i wonder?.
Mate the choccies are just the start if you win this weekend :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

East Boy wrote:
Beach_Driller wrote:East Boy...I watched the game yesterday.In the linesman's defense , he has really only started playing football this year.. i doubt he knew he had to flag for those occasions! I was in the club house and saw the incident so how the ref didn't see it is beyond me!! You had your chances including a penalty..so stop moaning and get over it!! and your linesman wasn't exactly unbias either and if i remember game at your ground, the linesman raised a couple of dubious offside flags when Beach were on top!
Im not tryin to moan at all really, coz at the end of the day you cant change the result can ya?? Maybe it is just a little poor organisation from the club. We waited 5mins for a match ball to start the game, then there was no linesman. I'm not sure if its a good enough excuse that he was your linesman either. You had 30 odd blokes there watching, im sure one of them have played for a while..... hell even mc combie could have done it!! Maybe not though he was looking a little sluggish in the resies. He been injured or something??
At the end of the day its just really disapointing to loose at this stage in the season. Your right too, we did have our fair share of chances and missed a penalty. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
its games and results like this that will haunt some more than others.we were robbed against bosna,the winning goal was clearly a goal but thier linesman ruled it offside but the result stands.that was our chance of promotion snatched out of our hands,you blokes are still in the driving seat,were not.but that's football nothing we can do now to change it.
onoir diomasack

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

East Boy wrote:
Mate the choccies are just the start if you win this weekend :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
mmmm just the start ah????
well mate your just lucky that after sundays game the main topic in the changing rooms was beating IF.so its up to the lads i guess.
whoever vista doesn't like either of you so who knows. :lol: :lol: :lol: .just kidding??????we love yus all equally. :wink:
onoir diomasack

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Popov vromgolarov »

Hey Canine, what happened in the b's clash? I see it was abandoned with only 20 minutes to go???
Maybe Golden Eagle can also elaborate.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

BULLDOG wrote:
East Boy wrote:
mmmm just the start ah????
well mate your just lucky that after sundays game the main topic in the changing rooms was beating IF.so its up to the lads i guess.
whoever vista doesn't like either of you so who knows. :lol: :lol: :lol: .just kidding??????we love yus all equally. :wink:
Mate you SHOULD win it is at your home ground

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Cant comment too much, I think its going to Headquarters to be discussed. Basically the linesman called for offside and the ref didnt call, and they, Plympton, scored from it. The boys appealled to the ref and after a heated discussion the ref walked off.

The game was played hard and I thought the Pontians had the better chances but didnt convert. With TTG losing I think the Bs just need a point next week to wrap up their third title in 6 years.

I have two questions

a Do the Bs only play 40 min halves?
b Does the bs Ref carry yellow and red cards?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Cant comment too much, I think its going to Headquarters to be discussed. Basically the linesman called for offside and the ref didnt call, and they, Plympton, scored from it. The boys appealled to the ref and after a heated discussion the ref walked off.

The game was played hard and I thought the Pontians had the better chances but didnt convert. With TTG losing I think the Bs just need a point next week to wrap up their third title in 6 years.

I have two questions

GE, I'm not sure about the 40 minute halves. It should be in the rules handbook. The Bs ref should have yellow/red cards on them, and should use them if need be. It's always been an unwritten rule that cards for the reserves are not recorded on the team sheet, but some teams do (i.e. Bosna, the bottle of shiraz cheats!).

Was the game at Plympton GE? If so, was it the pony-tailed chardonnay refereeing?

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Cant comment too much, I think its going to Headquarters to be discussed. Basically the linesman called for offside and the ref didnt call, and they, Plympton, scored from it. The boys appealled to the ref and after a heated discussion the ref walked off.

I have two questions

Seems like it was the weekend for dodgy offside calls. :shock:

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Vista should be used to it by now. Apparently it happens to them atleast ten times every game. Bloody refs and linesmens :roll:

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

East Boy,

The Cat might not be the best linesman but at least he stepped up to do the job!And i am sure you agree that there are more bias linesman in the league :)

Big Dan has been injured for a while and hasn't really been training!Being the B coach at Beach..I welcome any players with his ability.Although he is a bit soft and lazy that's why i played him up front :lol:

Understand your frustation but my belief is things always even themselves out over a season.
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

Canine
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Canine »

Golden Eagle - The game was played with a few silly tackles and was quite heated all the way thru. As I witnessed one of your defenders spitting in the face of one our strikers!. As for the ref walking off, he was not great at his job on the day, agreed, however being surrounded by a group of players, jostling and shouting at him can not be a pleasant experience. I am sure he felt threatned and hence walked off. Unfortunately this is why majority of clubs struggle to provide b grade refs as not many individuals want to be confronted in this situation. Trust me, the situation was farsical and not something we are proud of.

I have two questions

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog".

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

No we had a fit looking chap about mid to late 40's and he was doing it for the first time apparently. Overall he was to bad but when a situation arose and some authority was required he wasnt there to control the situation. He ws required to step up a few times and in one case when a player was elbowed and the other closelined he gave a free kick and when asked about a card he said I dont have them on me they are in the car!!!

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

What action is the amateur league likely to take??Being that it was a reserves clash, they can hardly go with the referees recurrence of events in handing down a decision.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Now knowing the other results it may be left alone, regardless of what div or as or bs you play all season to win the title and if it comes down to certain ref decision ofcourse your going to appeal.

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

the ref was closer than the linesman and the ref didnt even look over or go and ask the linesman it is his job to give the goal. you blame the guy running the line im sure if the ref went up to him and asked the question to his face he would admit it went over the line, but he didnt,

the penalty was bad but the follow up was wurse keeper on the ground 6 yard box how do you miss that, i would blame our linesman i would blame that guy that miss cost you the league title,

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

unless we get the league to pump money in to get official referees for b grade games ,,we will continue to leave championship deciding gemes to the home team referee,,,but ofcourse as usuall we will rock up to the AGM meetings like puppets,,,

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Boo bloody hoo.... never heard so much whinging since Imbros lost their cards.

Just in case you guys forgot it's Amateur league and p!ss poor refereeing and dodgy linesmen are just part of the fun.

You go out, have a kick, and if you wake up on Monday morning and don't feel sore.....bonus. Get over yourselves!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

This year the best 3 Reserve Teams in Division 2 have been

1) Ingle Farm
2) Modbury Vista
3) Fulham

The top 3 teams currently are

1) Ingle Farm
2) Modbury Vista
3) Fulham

The fairest teams have been

1) Ingle Farm
2) Modbury Vista
3) Fulham
4) West Beach - who are now level 4th

I am glad to see the best teams have risen to the top and also play the game fairly!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Giacinto Facchetti wrote:Boo bloody hoo.... never heard so much whinging since Imbros lost their cards.

Just in case you guys forgot it's Amateur league and p!ss poor refereeing and dodgy linesmen are just part of the fun.

You go out, have a kick, and if you wake up on Monday morning and don't feel sore.....bonus. Get over yourselves!
Or Knights played Limnos!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

take it easy fettachini, i know its all fun but people can get hurt with poor refereeing we all have jobs to go to on Monday

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Golden EAGLE Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:34 pm Post subject:

Now knowing the other results it may be left alone, regardless of what div or as or bs you play all season to win the title and if it comes down to certain ref decision ofcourse your going to appeal.
and
Golden EAGLE Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:29 pm Post subject:

take it easy fettachini, i know its all fun but people can get hurt with poor refereeing we all have jobs to go to on Monday
surely you are taking the piss GE.

until you can explain how a b's ref, after awarding a free kick outside the 18yd box can award a penalty, send off a player and then call him back, you should not be whinging about referees. :wink:

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight, that is very generous, considering you should have beaten Vista both times. We were terrible last weekend. Mind you I rated you the best team we played in the first round, so was expecting a dificult game.

The only game we have played worse is against the Farm, so hoping for a better performance this weekend. As Jimmy Tarbuck used to say "Winner takes all"....
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Knight 7 i was trying to work out a way of saying who the fairest teams in the league were but its always hard as opinions differ, but for teams to lose a title decider to bad officials must be sickening. Feel sorry for you guys who feel you have been robbed this year but cheats do win, any way all the best for the last game of the season and seasons to come. Hopefully the many good clubs can snuff out the lowlife in the game.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

viduka wrote:Vista should be used to it by now. Apparently it happens to them atleast ten times every game. Bloody refs and linesmens :roll:
What would you know, we've been done over by refs plenty but so has everyone but we haven't really been cheated by a linesman til sunday and it wasn't even a close call, the guy couldn't of been offside, it wasn't possible and the main ref we've had problems with this year was ref and didn't even consult with the linesman as to why he thought it could of been offside, you had to see this linesman in action to believe it, there might of been 2 occasions that the flag stayed down, it was terrible
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

Mr Football wrote:
viduka wrote:Vista should be used to it by now. Apparently it happens to them atleast ten times every game. Bloody refs and linesmens :roll:
What would you know, we've been done over by refs plenty but so has everyone but we haven't really been cheated by a linesman til sunday and it wasn't even a close call, the guy couldn't of been offside, it wasn't possible and the main ref we've had problems with this year was ref and didn't even consult with the linesman as to why he thought it could of been offside, you had to see this linesman in action to believe it, there might of been 2 occasions that the flag stayed down, it was terrible
i think mr football needs to chat to sweet mate productions re: hook line and sinker :lol: coz sweet mate was a good fisherman! :P
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mega, clearly what heppened is the ref awarded a free kick and then a fifty metre penalty hence the spot kick!

The sending off was a sin-bin offence only, explaining why the player was allowed to come back on.

:wink:
[/list][/quote]

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Knight 7 i was trying to work out a way of saying who the fairest teams in the league were but its always hard as opinions differ, but for teams to lose a title decider to bad officials must be sickening. Feel sorry for you guys who feel you have been robbed this year but cheats do win, any way all the best for the last game of the season and seasons to come. Hopefully the many good clubs can snuff out the lowlife in the game.

We cost ourselves (B's) the league turning up to games with 8 players and 4 masters who had already played in the morning we count ourselves lucky v Fulham in first round and Ingle Farm in second round and unlucky v Vista first round and Macedonia second round - so as they say it was evened out throughout the season

As for refereeing there's two games this year that have been really bad, but both those teams haven't featured so no big deal!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

That's a co-incidence we've had 2 bad referreeing experiences this season aswell. Resulted in 2 defeats. I wonder if they are the same......!

:x
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly