Sunday League Results - 16/08/09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Lancs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Sunday League Results - 16/08/09

Post by Lancs »

Yes a good result for the Gully today despite a nervy ending after being three nil up to win three two.Both teams used the wind to their advantage with both teams getting a brace with the wind.On the day though the better team won with the Gully getting their third against the wind and playing the better football all day.GO YOU GULLYS!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

King Eric Bloodaxe wrote:
predator wrote:sun div 2
B's PHE 2 - 2 vikings

A's PHE 1 - 0 vikings
Our worst performance of the year, seriously did not string together 3 passes all day. No excuses just a really poor effort today. I cant remember more than one shot on goal all day, the first time this year we have failed to score in a game.
Great result for the boys today. Hard fought and well deserved. The ironic thing about our season is that we have taken ten points out of twelve against the top two teams. :shock:

Heard the most interesting of supposed pay-outs today. Vikings donkey at the back (Carman- don't know he manages to get a game) was calling us a bunch of cucumbers. WTF! We were all very miffed as to what that was supposed to mean.

Maybe a cucumber is his weapon of choice on his misses. :idea:

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

pontian's 2 - 1 downs

apparently..

inter v vale ??
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

swannsong wrote:
Cunning Stunt wrote:A's: West Beach 3 Southern Knights 2
B's: West Beach 5 Southern Knights 1
C's: West Beach 3 Munno Para 1
Knights just couldn't get it together today, some of the lads still hurting (physically and mentally) from last weeks cup loss.
Also having keeper Steve MacGuire out suspended, Mark Kay away with work and Matty Harrison missing due to a family function didn't help the settling process.
The same scenario for Knights Reserves.
I'm shattered that I allowed Dan McCombie to slot one passed me :(
A's:
With the sun and the wind in their favor West Beach took a one goal lead into halftime. I figured Knights would turn it around in the second half having the conditions in their favor but it was Beach who came out firing and made it 2-0 shortly after the restart. They went 3-0 up and should have made it four but some how the player contrived to miss a shot that would have been easier to score. At that stage it looked like Knights would fall apart but in the latter stages played quite well and pulled two goals back. West Beach hung on for three points.

B's
West beach took control of this from the outset and played some brilliant football in the first half and raced to a 4-0 lead before the Knights pulled one back to trail 4-1 at the break. In the second half West beach added a fifth and then took their feet off the pedal after than. The game as a whole degenerated as niggly fouls from both sides became more frequent. The referee missed a lot (from both sides) but the biggest disappointment from my point of view was the Knights linesman who deemed himself fit to coach his team whilst running the line. Not only does it take your focus of the task you have been entrusted to do but also it is poor sportsmanship.

C's
Without a doubt the goal of the day came in this game as the home side took a 2-1 lead over Munno Para.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A's

Fulham 1 - Florina 1

Fulham unlucky not to get all 3 points as we had he better chances. Florina did look shaky at the back.

B's

Fulham 2 - Florina 0

Good result - keeps Fulham in the title race.

C's

Fulham 5 - Florina 5

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

sunday premier league after round 15

INTER IN RELEGATION ZONE
Last edited by Robbo on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

San Remo vs Vista

San Marco have got to be the biggest bunch of non positive human beings to ever grace a football pitch! All day in both games they moaned. As for the first team game the tackles and niggles behind play were shocking, captain was one of the worst offenders. Makes the club look terrible, as well as there results!

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

ROBBO wrote:sunday premier league after round 15

VALE IN RELEGATION ZONE
I thought Vale beat Inter 3-1

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bodø Glimt wrote: but the biggest disappointment from my point of view was the Knights linesman who deemed himself fit to coach his team whilst running the line. Not only does it take your focus of the task you have been entrusted to do but also it is poor sportsmanship.
The biggest disappointment for the Reserves coach is that no-one from the club will offer to take the flag off him.
Alan doesn't wan to run the line and coach, he would love to solely coach.
Same thing happens at so many other clubs, people disappear at the start of games so that they won't be asked to do the job.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Vista09 wrote:San Remo vs Vista

San Marco have got to be the biggest bunch of non positive human beings to ever grace a football pitch! All day in both games they moaned. As for the first team game the tackles and niggles behind play were shocking, captain was one of the worst offenders. Makes the club look terrible, as well as there results!
San Remo - pasta ball to me!
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Uncle Cracker wrote:

VALE IN RELEGATION ZONE
I thought Vale beat Inter 3-1

LOOKS LIKE i HAVE TO DO THE TABLE AGAIN THEN :x

1 SEC...

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

swannsong wrote:
Bodø Glimt wrote: but the biggest disappointment from my point of view was the Knights linesman who deemed himself fit to coach his team whilst running the line. Not only does it take your focus of the task you have been entrusted to do but also it is poor sportsmanship.
The biggest disappointment for the Reserves coach is that no-one from the club will offer to take the flag off him.
Alan doesn't wan to run the line and coach, he would love to solely coach.
Same thing happens at so many other clubs, people disappear at the start of games so that they won't be asked to do the job.
Irrespective of the reasons or what happens at other clubs if you have the flag you should do just that, coach or no coach. For the record, I would have done it if asked.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

swannsong wrote:

San Remo - pasta ball to me!
GOLD! :D

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

LIVERPOOL FC *****

JimmyNo.20
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JimmyNo.20 »

Lancs wrote:Yes a good result for the Gully today despite a nervy ending after being three nil up to win three two.Both teams used the wind to their advantage with both teams getting a brace with the wind.On the day though the better team won with the Gully getting their third against the wind and playing the better football all day.GO YOU GULLYS!

Dunno what game you were playing in (or watching) but you certainly didn't deserve to win the game. A VERY soft penalty awarded in the first half, and the second half we completely dominated, and you had to rely on fouling when the ref wasn't looking in order to keep us at bay. Good game to play in but please don't say that the better team won on the day coz thats just a load of bull.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

INTER IN RELEGATION ZONE
Division 2 up now... PHE up to 8th..

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

JimmyNo.20 wrote:
Lancs wrote:Yes a good result for the Gully today despite a nervy ending after being three nil up to win three two.Both teams used the wind to their advantage with both teams getting a brace with the wind.On the day though the better team won with the Gully getting their third against the wind and playing the better football all day.GO YOU GULLYS!

Dunno what game you were playing in (or watching) but you certainly didn't deserve to win the game. A VERY soft penalty awarded in the first half, and the second half we completely dominated, and you had to rely on fouling when the ref wasn't looking in order to keep us at bay. Good game to play in but please don't say that the better team won on the day coz thats just a load of bull.

hahahaha :D :D :D good result for you donkeys today after suffering 5 nil spankings from your last two games.

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

quote="Cunning Stunt"]A's: West Beach 3 Southern Knights 2
B's: West Beach 5 Southern Knights 1
C's: West Beach 3 Munno Para 1[/quote]
Knights just couldn't get it together today, some of the lads still hurting (physically and mentally) from last weeks cup loss.
Also having keeper Steve MacGuire out suspended, Mark Kay away with work and Matty Harrison missing due to a family function didn't help the settling process.
The same scenario for Knights Reserves.
I'm shattered that I allowed Dan McCombie to slot one passed me :([/quote][/quote]

Sorry Swanny but I think it's probably worse that grouse n' ice managed a goal against you. Number two mate. Mr Mc Combie did put it on a platefor me though :D
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

Before you give me a rocket.....Yes I made a mess of the quote thing and I also made a mess of my grammer.......but I am very.......very...............drunk! :D
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

Bodo asked Swanny if he knew who you were.... and you drunk... I find that very hard to believe.
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

their :lol: :lol: Couldn't help myself.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Lancs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lancs »

Load of bull? we were 2 up at half time,as for soft penalty yes I was watching not playing,if you stick your foot in after the player has passed you and miss the ball IN THE 18 YARD BOX and bring them down(though to our players credit he didn't make a meal of it)it's a penalty. Dominate the second half is not fair to the word dominate,you certainly used the wind as did the Gully but we posed a bigger threat to your goal against the wind than the Grove could even think of.

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

Anyone from Downs/Pontians with a match summary?

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

JimmyNo.20 wrote:

No !! Wouldnt ever think of writing anything like that JimmyNo.20, Hell you guys where all over us all day, played much the better football, completely outclassed us all day, you guys would of had 50 shots on goal & probably should have scored 33 of them!! Us, we only had the one shot at goal all day !! Then the fairy godmother waved her magic wand and everyone lived happily ever after...THE END.... Good night princess xxx :roll: :roll: :roll:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

BEST ON GROUND FOR GULLY TODAY WAS BY FAR THERE LINESMAN, A DRAW WOULD HAVE BEEN A FAIR RESULT.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Also must add to the vista result young scotty gannon taking the reins during the 1st half shouting tactics from the sidelines gave robbie williams the idea of slotting two goals which he refused to let the coaching prodigy down... 100% record maybe he will coach full time next year??

emirates01
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by emirates01 »

watched farm and westies today hoping to see an entertaining game, unfortunately was quite a dour affair.both teams obviously could not afford to lose but farm seemed to want it a bit more than westies.farm could of scored a couple of goals near the end but 2 were enough.as most people on here tipped farm to draw or lose i guess they will be quite happy with the result

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight25 »

grouse n' ice wrote:Before you give me a rocket.....Yes I made a mess of the quote thing and I also made a mess of my grammer.......but I am very.......very...............drunk! :D
:lol:

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

bigpond wrote:A's

Fulham 1 - Florina 1

Fulham unlucky not to get all 3 points as we had he better chances. Florina did look shaky at the back.

B's

Fulham 2 - Florina 0

Good result - keeps Fulham in the title race.

C's

Fulham 5 - Florina 5
Agree Fulham had some chances forcing Hullsy to make afew cracking saves, but we also had afew, I thought a draw was a fair result at the end.

Well done to our C's being 4-0 down at halftime, fighting back to snatch a draw.

Big thanks to Fulham for the food and hospitality after the game, top bunch of guys, all the best.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

jogger wrote:Raptors v Munno Para

A's 2-2
B's 1-0
all in all probably a fair result today between Raptors and Para

Para went into half time 2-0 up after scoring their second with the last kick of the half. we didnt really create much in the first half and i thought if we could go in at half time 1-0 down, the second half could work in our favour seeing as we were going with the wind

second half, we managed to peg back the 2 goals but unable to grab that elusive winner as did Para

definately tight down the bottom of the table with the 4 bottom teams seperated by only 3 points.