CUP RESULTS - 2009/08/08 & 09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

CUP RESULTS - 2009/08/08 & 09

Post by Missing Post Count »

In order to tidy up the amateur forum, all other results topics without match discussion will be removed.

Challenge Cup - Quarter Finals
8th & 9th August 2009 Kick off: 2.45 p.m.

Bosa 3 Beograd 1
Salisbury Florina 1 Parafield Gardens 2
Ingle Farm 4 Southern Knights 3
Elizabeth Downs v St Peters Old Collegians

Reserve Cup - Quarter Finals
8th & 9th August 2009 Kick Off: 12.30 p.m.

FC Adelaide 1 Elizabeth Vale 1 (6-7 on penalities)
Old Ignatians 3 Para Hills East 2
Adelaide Vikings 2 Munno Para City 1
Ingle Farm v St Peters Old Collegians
Last edited by Missing Post Count on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: CUP RESULTS - 2009/08/08 & 09

Post by Kitchimo »

:lol:
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Iggies 3 v East 2

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East 17 wrote:Iggies 3 v East 2
:shock:

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by I Am Number Two »

BOSA 3 : Beograd 1

BOSA too fit all over the park. Too many players out for Beograd.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

FC Adelaide 1 Elizabeth Vale 1 (6-7 on penalities)

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Jay Walking wrote:
East 17 wrote:Iggies 3 v East 2
:shock:
Another round where nobody tips us, and we win! I'll be honest, I was actually really disappointed with Easties today. Were they missing players because it was on a Saturday? We were up 2-0 at half time and then 3-0 early in the second half, and had about 5 or 6 chances to really bury the game. They didn't really seem into the contest at all, not the bruising encounter we expected from a Sunday side. They scored a freekick with about 15 mins to go, and then scored a penalty with about 5 minutes to go, but didn't break us down. That being said, we should have been 5 or 6 up before that, some of the goals we missed were shockers (I can remember 3 or 4 one-on-ones). Their keeper almost helped us with a Paul Robinson impersonation, but luckily for him he missed the ball on the edge of the 18, so he had enough time to chase it back and keep it out of the goal :lol:

The referee had a shocker. The first two or three throw-ins were the wrong way. We had a guy blatantly tripped in the box in the first half, no penalty. Then, at 3-0 down, Easties had a guy blatantly tugged back in the box, and the ref blew the whistle...and gave a freekcik outside the box. AND then ( :lol: ), the penalty was won by the guy rounding our keeper, who took him out on the penalty spot, any league, any division in the world, straight red card - but the ref gave him nothing!! It would have made it interesting too because we had just used our last sub and one of our defenders had hurt his back so we would have had 10 men with an outfield player in goal and an injured defender with 5 mins plus stoppages to go.

We take them as they come though, on to the next round. Hoping for Munno Para, to exact revenge for them knocking out our first team, or St Peters, for rivalry reasons.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Pooraka Salt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pooraka Salt »

Assuming either of those sides get through to the semis.
Once bitten, no more blow jobs.

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

Munno Para 1 - Vikings 2

dawiseone
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by dawiseone »

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens
1-2

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

watched the gardens v florina game but heard downs beat st peters 5-1

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Farm 4 - 3 Southern Knights 3 (AET)

Knights were up 3 - 2 just before full time...

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

What about Farms reserves?

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

SID wrote:What about Farms reserves?
Farm reserves got up.. not sure of the scoreline!!

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Downs 5 - 1 St Peters

Possibly the most disappointing day of football I have ever been involved in today. Downs scored early on through a neat ball over to their young winger who showed great composure to chip over Galey. From there on in we had a goal disallowed for offside then it all went to Shite. We basically handed Downs all their goals. We certainly didn't bring our best defensive game today and conceded half the total goals we have let in all season in one game!!!

It was also the wierdest game to be involved in because I believe that we played some of the best attacking football we have all year, but we couldnt get the ball in the net. Well don to the Downs though because I think that they would have maybe had 7 shots and scored 5 times. We maybe had 20 balls into the box and only scored through a penalty.

Terrible day for us today and hopefully we can pick ourselves up and this may fire up for better things in the league....

PS farm reserves beat St Peters 1-0 in the end....

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Vista09 wrote:Farm 4 - 3 Southern Knights 3 (AET)

Knights were up 3-1 at half time and then a silly moment with about 30 minutes left saw the ref send off a Knights player for an elbow to the face. Was a nothing incident really, no real intent, but still can't be done and really only hurt his own side. Knights lucky not to lose by a lot more in the end and can thank their keeper for pulling off some very good saves the some very poor finishing from the farm.

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

jogger wrote:

Knights were up 3-1 at half time and then a silly moment with about 30 minutes left saw the ref send off a Knights player for an elbow to the face. Was a nothing incident really, no real intent, but still can't be done and really only hurt his own side. Knights lucky not to lose by a lot more in the end and can thank their keeper for pulling off some very good saves the some very poor finishing from the farm.
Intent is irrelevant.
If you had my name you would spew too

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

Chucky Chunder wrote:
jogger wrote:

Intent is irrelevant.
Correct... I was just making the point that it was not an ugly incident but still can't be done and was deserving of the send off.

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

My bad.. I misread it.
If you had my name you would spew too

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

jogger wrote:

YOU IDIOT - NO REAL INTENT ??? YOU MY FRIEND ARE A SHAVED APE.

The Knights player squared up to the Farm player after the ball had gone and for no reason elbowed him in the face right in front of the referee. Clearest and dumbest red card I have seen in a long long time.

I'm glad Farm won coz they were all over Knights for 80% of the match, totally justified. The first Knight goal was a cracker, 30 yard strike. Farm then equalized only to concede a sloppy goal, then another, us supporters were tearing our hair out.

Second half, killed them, absolutely belted them, it rarely got into the Knights attacking half, and eventually equalized.

Extra time was more of the same, and Farm could have won 10-3 to be honest.

Reserves won 1-0 over St Peters.

O/35's lost to a Gully Over 35's team that featured quite a few 1st team and reserves players, apparently not even over 35.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ROBBO for once get it right, the Knights player had the ball in his hands and Farms player rushed in and tried to grab the ball, Knights player tried to pull the ball away and caught the Farm player on the face. To the Farm player's credit he didn't make a meal of it....soft dismissal.
I believe that same Farm player grabbed the shirt of a Knights player who was breaking through and didn't even get a yellow.
PS Why wouldn't you be glad you are still in the Cup.
80% of the game.....no wonder they say that 76% of statistics are made up on the spot !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

here here Robbo,
the elbow was cast iron and the grenache that delivered it from the knights may well have cost them the game,
Well done to the ref for giving it, until that Knights were defintely in the game and well done to captain Ennis....great 2 goals to win it.
swanny........get over it........it was in intentional and was deserved.

As for the ressies game, well done to St Pete's, they played well and gave us a great game.
We had 3 ringers today (and by that I mean called in sick) which really affected the way we played but full credit to
St Pete's as they didn't stop all game.......
\Thanks also to the boys in camw in at short notice and stood in admiraby.........the ref on the other hand was awful, for both teams too, he had a shocker end of story.
How he got a game today is beyond me.......Dave Kenewel must have got a few ringers too

OH WHEN THE FARM............GO MARCHING IN
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Monkey Boy wrote:Downs 5 - 1 St Peters

Possibly the most disappointing day of football I have ever been involved in today. Downs scored early on through a neat ball over to their young winger who showed great composure to chip over Galey. From there on in we had a goal disallowed for offside then it all went to Shite. We basically handed Downs all their goals. We certainly didn't bring our best defensive game today and conceded half the total goals we have let in all season in one game!!!

It was also the wierdest game to be involved in because I believe that we played some of the best attacking football we have all year, but we couldnt get the ball in the net. Well don to the Downs though because I think that they would have maybe had 7 shots and scored 5 times. We maybe had 20 balls into the box and only scored through a penalty.
get over it Monkey boy...........you lost to better teams in both games end of story
sat sun?.........................no contest
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

swannsong wrote:ROBBO for once get it right, the Knights player had the ball in his hands and Farms player rushed in and tried to grab the ball, Knights player tried to pull the ball away and caught the Farm player on the face. To the Farm player's credit he didn't make a meal of it....soft dismissal.
I believe that same Farm player grabbed the shirt of a Knights player who was breaking through and didn't even get a yellow.
80% of the game.....no wonder they say that 76% of statistics are made up on the spot !
Usually respect your thoughts Swanny, but that was a clear ealbow, you were on the opposite side of goal, I was much closer and it was obviously a red card for a blatent elbow.

And if you think 80% wasn't right, what would you say, coz it was rare one of your lads had possession ??

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

ROBBO wrote:
swannsong wrote:ROBBO for once get it right, the Knights player had the ball in his hands and Farms player rushed in and tried to grab the ball, Knights player tried to pull the ball away and caught the Farm player on the face. To the Farm player's credit he didn't make a meal of it....soft dismissal.
Usually respect your thoughts Swanny, but that was a clear ealbow, you were on the opposite side of goal, I was much closer and it was obviously a red card for a blatent elbow.

And if you think 80% wasn't right, what would you say, coz it was rare one of your lads had possession ??
Robbo, I usually agree with you but the elbow was right in front of me me too and the couple of farm supporters I was standing with actually said they didn't think I was too bad but did personally I thought it still warranted a red. Farm player squared up to the Knights bloke as much as the knights player did, but was smart enough to keep his hands down, and as previously mentioned, credit to him for making nothing out of it!!!

A couple of odd subs by the knights coach, taking off the blokes causing the farm defenders the most headaches but farm were certainly able to show their class with an extra man.

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

wah wah wah...........raised elbow................red.......... end of story

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

carra23 wrote:here here Robbo,
the elbow was cast iron and the grenache that delivered it from the knights may well have cost them the game,
Well done to the ref for giving it, until that Knights were defintely in the game and well done to captain Ennis....great 2 goals to win it.
swanny........get over it........it was in intentional and was deserved.

As for the ressies game, well done to St Pete's, they played well and gave us a great game.
We had 3 ringers today (and by that I mean called in sick) which really affected the way we played but full credit to
St Pete's as they didn't stop all game.......
\Thanks also to the boys in camw in at short notice and stood in admiraby.........the ref on the other hand was awful, for both teams too, he had a shocker end of story.
How he got a game today is beyond me.......Dave Kenewel must have got a few ringers too

OH WHEN THE FARM............GO MARCHING IN
I'm over it.......until that send off Knights proved they could score against you guys at will.
Everyone sees things differently......

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

jogger wrote: A couple of odd subs by the knights coach, taking off the blokes causing the farm defenders the most headaches but farm were certainly able to show their class with an extra man.
But obviously that "class" didn't shine through until they had a numerical advantage.
Two of the substitutions were required due to injury.

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

They could score at will...................but lost, seems a bit strange to me that comment
farm could have scored 15....................but didn't...............if's and bits matters not a jot, the result matters
that's all.

The sub was because you were down to 10 men and thought you could hold out at 3-1
it failed, #8 (was it micalef?) was right on his game and causing farm lots of problems
and to take him would have seemed a strange substitution to the neutral, he was replaced by a defender
and with it knights attack was non existent from that moment on.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Monkey Boy wrote:Downs 5 - 1 St Peters

Terrible day for us today and hopefully we can pick ourselves up and this may fire up for better things in the league....

PS farm reserves beat St Peters 1-0 in the end....
oohhhh... poor monkey boy, how a week in soccer can change things... next, to lose the title!!! GO VILLA!!! Use Klennex, bit softer on the nose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KARMA BABY... you made comment last week that the Cougars are a bunch of pretenders. Well if you say so BUT.... look in the mirror. :clown:
Last edited by 5cougarsthanx on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999