CUP RESULTS - 2009/08/08 & 09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Re: CUP RESULTS - 2009/08/08 & 09

Post by BADA BING »

marooned wrote:Insert picture of a rather large man yawning.
:lol: :lol:

Lost For Words
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost For Words »

:lol:
I just love laughing at people.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

M Andrea wrote:hey lefty, u forgot to mention WHO scored our goal and WHO shot the ball late in the game for MP to save, otherwise, pretty even game i thought. Taity with a pearler at the end hitting the post. Was chasing him and could see his shot from behind. Thought it was going in. Thanx to me mate Golder for a lump on my temple. Good luck to all the Parafield Boys for the Semi's and i can guarantee you that we will be 1000% focused on the league now.
S h i t - i even got to meet Nuggett. He's been VERY quiet lately :roll:
No I didnt forget who scored YOUR first goal sometimes you give recognition for how the goal was created not scored which I did same with the shot that Peacey saved you dont recognise whose shot it was and maybe the same reason I didnt mention Tapey's shot that hit the post as he didnt score. So the only recognition that YOU deserved for the game was the beers you gave us :D :D

Sorry mate Im not the type that blows up people arses willy nilly if thats what your after :wink:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

You blew up AZZA's muscat by mentioning him :lol: but no need to blow up anyone's muscat. None of that happens at Florina :D
And don't worry Lefty, we will return the favour when we play u in a couple of weeks with a Zigga Zigga of our own WHEN we win the league.
Hey gardensgoon, wanna bet? :D
Big boutso in golo!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

marooned wrote:Insert picture of a rather large man yawning. Image
Thanks for the support marooned,
Is that cat on your avatars head a visual metaphor for always having pussy on your mind ?
Last edited by swannsong on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

kinghenrik
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by kinghenrik »

marooned wrote:Insert picture of a rather large man yawning.
lol. i was waiting for you to get into this seeing how its a based on a ref gripe. but then i realised that the downs won this week. :D :D

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

M Andrea wrote:You blew up AZZA's muscat by mentioning him :lol: but no need to blow up anyone's muscat. None of that happens at Florina :D
And don't worry Lefty, we will return the favour when we play u in a couple of weeks with a Zigga Zigga of our own WHEN we win the league.
Hey gardensgoon, wanna bet? :D
I just said it was a good pass but an average goal. Look forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks when you pay some more debts and by the way whos idea is to play the jungle music in the changerooms before the game Peacey was loving it next time you might want to turn it down because it may of even helped him pull of that save from your shot :lol:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

kinghenrik wrote:Despite your wordy response kinghenrik, it was in my humble opinion a soft dismissal...very Breeze like...opinion versus opinion...if you are going to state "letter of the law" how can you gloss over other incidents that were missed, shirt tugging when a player is all but through, and some over zealous tackling ( albeit from both sides)....where were those letters then ?
I'm not, and never have blamed refereeing for teams losses on the forum....having refereed for SAASL for 4 years, I don't go down that path....The spirit of the game was good and I would just have liked to seen a game played in it's entirety 11 v 11....not 60 minutes out of 120.
My criticism is of prior forumite views expressing that Farms victory was not influenced by the send off....that is all ! We will obviously never know.
Lastly, who is at fault if your guys can't put away 5 one on ones....if you are going to blame one of our players for having a lapse of temper, then similarly your own players ( and some good goalkeeping - that's why keepers are there ?) are responsible for your team not finding the back of the net on more occasions.
Comment of the day for me was when the boys on the hill asked for their photo to be taken....there's only so much you can do with photoshop.[/quo

my mentioning of the farms blunder after blunder infront of goals in the last 45 minutes was done in order to exclamate their dominance and abundance of opportunities in that part of the match. ofcourse it was the forwards fault and some good keeping but surely that does not sway you from the fact that the farm were all over you and in complete control of the game. like i said before, everyone would have loved 11 on 11 but your gripe is with your number 16 and nobody else. as a former ref you must acknowledge that all the other infringements you mentioned are debatable but something that can not be argued is a blatant elbow 3 yards away from the ref. ps. still havent heard an explanation for the disallowed goal decision knight 25 or swanny. is it possible that knight 25 has read his own garbage and put a muzzle on himself to save what little credibility he has left???
K.H., with a sentence like that and given the amount of spare time you have to post on here, I can only assume that those university studies are coming along nicely :wink:

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Mate get your hand off it.. All you do is pump the long ball, thats it.. You dont even pass, and now i know its because you cant.. I dont care what you say, people who know the game, even people from your league say your no good.. You play the most boring and predictable crap ive ever seen.. Pump the long ball, chase, harass, get booked.. Thats your game..
3 Quid and Penny Farthing wrote:even if the downs could only put one pass together it was one more than you guys could put together as i assume your talking about the wanderers.
st peters were a lot better in my opinion than wanderers, the downs played better against st peters and were certainly more clinical in both passing and finishing. st peters threw in alot of crosses and could of scored from a couple of scrambles but no real clear cut chances that i can remember.

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

The most important stat from that game: Wanderers 0 Elizabeth Downs 1
If you had my name you would spew too

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

as a neutral watching the Farm Vs Knights my opinion form where I was standing was that the sending off was harsh as for me Sandy's retaliatory push to the farms players chest when he got up after being fouled had more force to it than that however No.16 should know better to raise his arm in the Farm players face as this only brought the referee into the game and he is always happy to make game changing decisions (which this one was).

Take nothing away from Farm as after that they deserved the win and could have won by 4-5 if they had taken the chances they had in extra time. Chris Ennis lead by example scoring the 2 goals but for me the small No.3 was BOG by a mile.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

the roo wrote as he licked his wounds
Mate get your hand off it.. All you do is pump the long ball, thats it.. You dont even pass, and now i know its because you cant.. I dont care what you say, people who know the game, even people from your league say your no good.. You play the most boring and predictable crap ive ever seen.. Pump the long ball, chase, harass, get booked.. Thats your game..
maybe get yourselves a pitch to pass on and we would revert to that style of play, honestly your pitch is the worst I have ever seen, a bit of rain and its unplayable. If you saw the game on sunday you would have seen a free flowing game with plenty of passing and not one speck of mud unlike the hole you play on. As they say horses for courses and play the style you need for the track conditions. Met some nice people at your ground obiously you were not one of them. Winners are grinners and the rest can go f#@k themselves.

Pump the long ball, chase, harass, get booked.. Thats your game..

And it works well against your "beautiful "game dont it :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

The Roo wrote:Mate get your hand off it.. All you do is pump the long ball, thats it.. You dont even pass, and now i know its because you cant.. I dont care what you say, people who know the game, even people from your league say your no good.. You play the most boring and predictable crap ive ever seen.. Pump the long ball, chase, harass, get booked.. Thats your game..
But big Tony loved knocking you around Roo, you need to work on the physical side of your game more than the verbal side :lol:
Steven C Gull

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Gabon wrote:as a neutral watching the Farm Vs Knights my opinion form where I was standing was that the sending off was harsh as for me Sandy's retaliatory push to the farms players chest when he got up after being fouled had more force to it than that however No.16 should know better to raise his arm in the Farm players face as this only brought the referee into the game and he is always happy to make game changing decisions (which this one was).

Take nothing away from Farm as after that they deserved the win and could have won by 4-5 if they had taken the chances they had in extra time. Chris Ennis lead by example scoring the 2 goals but for me the small No.3 was BOG by a mile.
Good things come in small packages don't they Squiddy!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

The Roo wrote:Mate get your hand off it.. All you do is pump the long ball, thats it.. You dont even pass, and now i know its because you cant.. I dont care what you say, people who know the game, even people from your league say your no good.. You play the most boring and predictable crap ive ever seen.. Pump the long ball, chase, harass, get booked.. Thats your game..
3 Quid and Penny Farthing wrote:even if the downs could only put one pass together it was one more than you guys could put together as i assume your talking about the wanderers.
st peters were a lot better in my opinion than wanderers, the downs played better against st peters and were certainly more clinical in both passing and finishing. st peters threw in alot of crosses and could of scored from a couple of scrambles but no real clear cut chances that i can remember.
The 'toss' is back! The sleeping bear awakes from his slumber.

Everyone I know has upmost respect for the Downs and their achievements but I guess you know a few people that I don't. This isn't a cultural thing is it roo?

1from1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1from1 »

if the downs are so crap it doesn't say much for you guys, and as boring and predictable as it was you guys still couldn't beat us, anyway that was two rounds ago i believe we have a semi final to look forward to now.

Lost For Words
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost For Words »

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Still waiting on those pics swanny......
HA'WAY THE LADS

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

Aren't they up?

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Chucky Chunder wrote:Aren't they up?
I can't find them :(
HA'WAY THE LADS

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

imanoutlaw wrote:
Reserves
Firsts

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Chucky Chunder wrote:
imanoutlaw wrote:
Reserves
Firsts
Many thanks :D
HA'WAY THE LADS

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

East 17 wrote:
Gabon wrote:as a neutral watching the Farm Vs Knights my opinion form where I was standing was that the sending off was harsh as for me Sandy's retaliatory push to the farms players chest when he got up after being fouled had more force to it than that however No.16 should know better to raise his arm in the Farm players face as this only brought the referee into the game and he is always happy to make game changing decisions (which this one was).

Good things come in small packages don't they Squiddy!
Squiddy wears the number 4, Number 3 was lil Dave Ennis, but for me it was his Big brother and captain Chris Ennis who was strong at the back and scored the leveller and winner. He will certainly be up there for some trophies this year.
HA'WAY THE LADS

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Huge tony you mean.. Did he get a touch did he? It just show the intelligence of your mates when one of them says saint peters were a better side when you beat them 5-1 and you arsed a goal against us.. How do you work that out?
You boys think your hard from elizabeth? Youll never see one of your boys going in for a 50/50, its always from behind, or a cheap shot...
Talk Is Cheap wrote:
But big Tony loved knocking you around Roo, you need to work on the physical side of your game more than the verbal side :lol:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The Roo wrote:Huge tony you mean.. Did he get a touch did he? It just show the intelligence of your mates when one of them says saint peters were a better side when you beat them 5-1 and you arsed a goal against us.. How do you work that out?
You boys think your hard from elizabeth? Youll never see one of your boys going in for a 50/50, its always from behind, or a cheap shot...
Talk Is Cheap wrote:
I think the Downs side Wanderers played had quite a few players out, you had a good game Roo but it wasn't a good game to watch.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

The Roo wrote:Huge tony you mean.. Did he get a touch did he? It just show the intelligence of your mates when one of them says saint peters were a better side when you beat them 5-1 and you arsed a goal against us.. How do you work that out?
Talk Is Cheap wrote:
Im not even from Elizabeth & dont really like the Downs either (due to our rivalry, no other reason) but to make statements like that really proves you know shiraz all & your the biggest tosser in the league Roo :lol: :lol: :lol:

keep running around on a Saturday like a pansie you big soft grenache
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Like most under acheivers the Roo wants to have a dig a everyone except himself for the defeat, mate the Downs beat you fair and square, Reevesy played with the flu and still managed to flatten you on several occations , maybe time to toughen up princess. Oh and the guy the scored the winner was from our C team. For such a large man you certainly dont play that way .....except from your keyboard.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

sour grapes methinks roo. also for a big lump of a bloke you go down easy, do you go down that quick at the mardi gra?

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

lineker wrote:sour grapes methinks roo. also for a big lump of a bloke you go down easy, do you go down that quick at the mardi gra?

Lost For Words
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost For Words »