SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/08/08

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/08/08

Post by Missing Post Count »

In order to tidy up the amateur forum, all other results topics without match discussion will be removed.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/08/08

Post by Kitchimo »

:lol:
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

lol

Lost For Words
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lost For Words »

:lol:
I just love laughing at people.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Division Six:
Mount Barker C2 0 Adelaide 3
We should have had a couple more but for poor or nonchalant finishing.

Division Three:
B's: Mount Barker 3 Hahndorf 0
Mount Barker should have been two or so up at half time. Hahndorf had the ball in the net in the fiist half which was coreectly ruled out for off side. the home side took their chances in the second half.

I'd have stayed and watchd the A's play but with no food or drink on sale at the ground I got hungry and left.

Flud
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flud »

Div 4 result...

A Grade -

Murray Bridge Utd 2 - Strath 1

B Grade -

Murray Bridge utd 0 - Strath 1

Played most of the game with ten men after the club ref sent one of ours off (for some reason :evil: ) I guess he can't be accused of being biased toward the home team anymore :wink:

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Div 3

Burrundi V Hawks

A's 2-4
B's 0-1

Giovinco_The_Great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Giovinco_The_Great »

Sat Div 3A

Cougars Vs Adelaide Red Blue Eagles FC

1-0

Hard game fought by both teams. Red Blue Eagles missing a penalty to make it 1-0... cougars later one awarded a penalty and capitalizing...

Only bad thing was the ref which the cougars would agree i think... ref played 60min second half.

Well done to the cougars.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Div 4

Adelaide Pumas 7 - Adelaide Uni 0

Reserves

Adelaide Pumas 4 - Adelaide Uni 0

played in perfect conditions
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

ACU Falcons 8:1 Torrens Valley

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Giovinco_The_Great wrote:Sat Div 3A

1-0

Hard game fought by both teams. Red Blue Eagles missing a penalty to make it 1-0... cougars later one awarded a penalty and capitalizing...

Only bad thing was the ref which the cougars would agree i think... ref played 60min second half.

I must say, the quality of work by the linesman did improve about midway through the first half, and it stayed at that high level for the rest of the match :wink:.

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

Translation: you took the flag off someone half way through and ran with it until the completion of the match
If you had my name you would spew too

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Div 4
OISC v Simba of Congo 1-0

Div 4 Reserves
OISC v Simba of Congo 5-2

We won the first team game with about 5 minutes to go, a well executed free kick. Simba were a lot less dangerous then I remember them last time, and very wasteful. Our defence was solid, but we got lucky, as we hadn't really looked like scoring except from set pieces, due to our superior height.

In the Bs, the game was blown off early with about 5 or 6 minutes on the clock after one of the Simba players retaliated to a bump that our player gave him, even though he was awarded the free kick. Whilst the referee spoke to him and gave him a red card for punching, another player came over and spat at the referee, so he also got a red card, and then the Simba linesman decided to get involved. The ref blew his whistle and ended the match.

Championships

Cups

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Giovinco_The_Great wrote:Sat Div 3A

1-0

Agree... dont want to harp on the refereeing too much but I have played in many games with that ref (old greek guy with white hair) and he has destroyed most of them... besides that, I am still confused why you guys are where you are on the ladder. I rate you guys as being top five easily. Thought you were unlucky to lose your playmaker in the first 15 minutes of the game and had an opportunity to score a couple of times, including the penalty, which I must point out, is the second one you have missed against us this year.
A hard game fought out to the death.... more riding on it for us, although you want to save relegation. Think we dominated (try not to be bias). We held possession for most of the game and created many more chances to score. Thought your no 21 (Steve I think) let you down majorly, should be dropped to the B grade, for those lowsy tackles then getting sent off, which should have been a lot earlier in my opinion.

Great result for us, and a good little rivalry building up between the two clubs. Hopefully wont have to play you next year IF we go up to division 2. Well done to Nick Lalli for slotting the only goal of the game.... looks like winning the top goal scorer award. GO COUGARS and hope Red Blue Eagles can stay up this year... a very good, young team who should be sitting 4th or 5th, not bottom..
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Div 4:

ACU Falcons 8 - 1 Torrens Valley

Valley keeper was still their best on ground, could have been so many more...

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Kitchimo wrote:Div 4

Div 4 Reserves

We won the first team game with about 5 minutes to go, a well executed free kick. Simba were a lot less dangerous then I remember them last time, and very wasteful. Our defence was solid, but we got lucky, as we hadn't really looked like scoring except from set pieces, due to our superior height.

In the Bs, the game was blown off early with about 5 or 6 minutes on the clock after one of the Simba players retaliated to a bump that our player gave him, even though he was awarded the free kick. Whilst the referee spoke to him and gave him a red card for punching, another player came over and spat at the referee, so he also got a red card, and then the Simba linesman decided to get involved. The ref blew his whistle and ended the match.
Hmm I remember the Iggies club referee being one that doesnt take any s**t, hope Simba get suspended for it!

Flud
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flud »

Div 4 Reserves

A great result by Iggies.. and Simba are heading in the wrong direction. Had a feeling once they lost a couple the wheels might come off! Their discipline laeaves a lot to be desired too..

And as for the Torrens Valley score - I agree with the sentiment, theire keeper is excellent and must be getting a little demotivated at playing for them.. No offence to the rest of the team but with such a small squad they were always going to struggle.. will he be there next year I wonder ???

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Flud wrote:

Div 4 Reserves

A great result by Iggies.. and Simba are heading in the wrong direction. Had a feeling once they lost a couple the wheels might come off! Their discipline laeaves a lot to be desired too..

And as for the Torrens Valley score - I agree with the sentiment, theire keeper is excellent and must be getting a little demotivated at playing for them.. No offence to the rest of the team but with such a small squad they were always going to struggle.. will he be there next year I wonder ???
They were pretty strong in 2007. Last year they only had two or three guys back up against us in the Adelaide game.

Their keeper is totally our fault. In the first game of the season, they had their regular keeper (big fat bloke, about 150kgs). He hurt his ankle right before half time, so they switched the blond guy from RB into keeper. He kept the score to 9, i have some of his saves on video. He had a similar impact in the reverse fixture at Glenunga, keeping it to 5, and as i wasn't in Birdwood last week, i can't comment on what happened but i assume he played a big role!

Championships

Cups

MUMPHY
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MUMPHY »

Saturday Div 3

B's
Flinders 4 Mclaren Districts 1
A's
Flinders 0 Mclaren Districts 1

Much needed win for the boys.Eases our relegation fears slightly.Still all to play for with games againts Red Blue,Adelaide Uni and Mount Barker and none of us are safe.Not sure how it will work with S.A.Bullets getting kicked out?Will it be just one club?Also as Flinders are coming down from div 2 then Flinders in Div 3 will have to go down.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

MUMPHY wrote:Saturday Div 3

B's
Flinders 4 Mclaren Districts 1
A's
Flinders 0 Mclaren Districts 1

Much needed win for the boys.Eases our relegation fears slightly.Still all to play for with games againts Red Blue,Adelaide Uni and Mount Barker and none of us are safe.Not sure how it will work with S.A.Bullets getting kicked out?Will it be just one club?Also as Flinders are coming down from div 2 then Flinders in Div 3 will have to go down.
Yep, sounds like the relegated teams have already been decided, unless SA Bullets have been kicked out of the SAASL all together... that might change things, as two teams will still be required to make their way down to division 3 to compensate for the two teams that are promoted from division 4. :?
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

5cougarsthanx wrote:Yep, sounds like the relegated teams have already been decided, unless SA Bullets have been kicked out of the SAASL all together... that might change things, as two teams will still be required to make their way down to division 3 to compensate for the two teams that are promoted from division 4. :?
You mean two teams to be relegated to div 3 to compensate for two teams being promoted to div 2? :wink: