SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/08/01

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/08/01

Post by Kitchimo »

CrappyKeeper wrote:Seeing as I don't believe it's been posted yet. How much did St Peters get up on Gleeson by? MB? Anyone?
5-0 on SAASL site.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

ozriel wrote:im glad you said some of the jets supporters crossed the line the line because the majority cannot always control the minority. but that can happen when you have a crowd not that you guys would know that. not having a go at yz but is it because you have a transient team from year to year ? it would be hard to build a supporter base if this was the case.anyway good luck for the rest of the season and see you next year
Woulda only be 2-3. Yeah, being a uni team we have a massive turn over of players year in and year out across all 10 teams. Most supporters are that come out are the odd parent, or girlfriend. And then mostly only to home games. Goodluck to you guys too.
http://auscblacks.com
Adelaide University Soccer Club Blacks

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

BillyBob wrote:
ozriel wrote:im glad you said some of the jets supporters crossed the line the line because the majority cannot always control the minority. but that can happen when you have a crowd not that you guys would know that. not having a go at yz but is it because you have a transient team from year to year ? it would be hard to build a supporter base if this was the case.anyway good luck for the rest of the season and see you next year
Woulda only be 2-3. Yeah, being a uni team we have a massive turn over of players year in and year out across all 10 teams. Most supporters are that come out are the odd parent, or girlfriend. And then mostly only to home games. Goodluck to you guys too.
And occasionally Bodo. :lol:
If you had my name you would spew too

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Lucas Leiva wrote:Div II

A: Comets 1 Vipers FC 2
B: Comets 1 Vipers FC 4
C: Flinders 4 Vipers FC 2

Scorers (A): Matsouliadis, Jaric

Drama at it's finest. With less than 10 minutes remaining, and with the Comets leading 1-0 from very early on, the Vipers saw their title challenge on the line, and stepped up to the plate. With an equaliser finally waking the side into action after a neat turn and finish from our top scorer, it took the last minute of regulation time for the captain to latch onto a fantastic diagonal ball and put it away into the far post. The scenes that followed from the Vipers supporters showed how much it meant to the club. With the news of Budapest losing coming through, it was great news through and through.

For the most part, the game was quite even, the Vipers failing to create the final finish on their attacking moves, the Comets doing little beyond their counter attacking opportunities. Their No. 23 up front was a giant, and unsurprisingly won most balls in the air, but after we started getting our bodies in front he did little. The referee was a strange being - when the captain told him that he was the captain (thus indicating he was the one allowed to speak) he was booked, but he kept the game in control throughout.

Go the Vipers!!! Another landmark day.
Great win!! Now THAT was determination.

Chucky Chunder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chucky Chunder »

I wish your C's had won.
If you had my name you would spew too

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

So do I

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Lucas Leiva wrote:the why the shiraz are refs telling captains who can speak before games? Be consistent and I'll be quiet.
Good point Mr Leiva!

Owusu_1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Owusu_1 »

"If you only play the ball and not the man!!"

Yes, good advice especially for King Leonidas that plays in the A's for Salisbury Villa aka King Elbow.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's elbow time!"
Every team needs the Powerhouse.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Kitchimo wrote:
CrappyKeeper wrote:Seeing as I don't believe it's been posted yet. How much did St Peters get up on Gleeson by? MB? Anyone?
5-0 on SAASL site.
Yep, poor game by all....

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Hehehe hahaha. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just think that it is funny that you aren't top over all thew whooha a few weeks ago.

You obviously have no idea who I play for do you?? My team is going fine thank you....[/quote]

So is mine d*ck brain.... chance to win the title now and finished further in the cup than most sat league sides.... not bad for a side who were struggling to field one team at the end of last year... as for you guys, no chance.... GO ADELAIDE VILLA.... hope they f*ck you st peters p**fters up your rectum just the way you like it!!!!!!!!
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Hehehe hahaha. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just think that it is funny that you aren't top over all thew whooha a few weeks ago.

Small things amuse small minds.......

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Azzurri80 wrote: Secondly, not much to say to pernunz besides I personally think you did a fairly good job. Sure there was the odd disputible off side call, but I think it's fair to expect this from any linesman be he a professional or weekend warrior.
Thank you. There are quite a few decisions that were line-ball for offside
Azzurri80 wrote: I must say however pernunz, for someone who claims to have been ever so focussed on his task at hand, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you may have spent much of your time watching our linesman as it seems that you are able to recall his every movement. Alas, it is then evident, and somewhat fair, to expect that you may have gotten it wrong on the odd occasion due to your irresistible urge to gaze at the every movement of our linesman, whom I will say, has that affect on many a people although they have previously been women, but hey, who am I to judge.
Simple answer. I was only the linesman for the last 20 minutes of the game. A sub was previously being the linesman, when our coach wanted to bring him on the pitch. For the first 70 minutes of the game, I was with the OISC players on the other side of the ground, where the linesman was asking us what the score in the Crows game was, only to be responded with "I don't know, but I'm watching the game"
Azzurri80 wrote: As for your comments regarding our linesman provoking your spectator's, well, an interesting statement indeed. Now we're all big men presumably, so I will say that banter from the crowd is expected and I myself do not get to disturbed when comments are thrown my way as I respect the right of all men to say what's on their mind as long as they are open to debate. Now during the B's match your group of spectator's were giving it to the linesman (now playing) all game with more then a few choice words and this continued as he passed the crowd while running the line for the A's match. Now as you would have noticed, as you have stated that you watched his every move, he did retaliate and surely we agree that he has every right to defend his honour in doing so. Would you have done the same?? Or would you have been too focussed on the task at hand.
I would've defended my honour if there was anything there to defend. The reffing in the E's that the captain of the B's and the linesman in the A's did was horrendous. 1st half, Salisbury are waiting for the ref to give the all clear to take the penalty, and he takes his phone out of his pocket to check it

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote: The one allowed to speak? :lol: Another football myth!

"I'm the captain...". Well big far-king deal. None of the 17 Laws of the Game provide any special privileges or rights to the captain. It sounds like the guy was being dissentious to the Referee and was therefore booked for it - correctly.
Rob, as a ref, I'm sure you allow players to ask you "what was the infringement", right? Well, the point I was trying to make is that this ref was one of those (all of which are a bit too common these days) that don't allow players to even say a word to themselves. The captain stepped in to stop a fight, and when the ref called him over, he said "I was trying to keep the peace", with which the ref said "you're not allowed to speak", with which the captain replied "but aren't I the one player you let speak, I'm the captain."

Take the scenario into context Rob before labelling anyone dissentious. And if none of the 17 Laws state that, the why the shiraz are refs telling captains who can speak before games? Be consistent and I'll be quiet.
In the guidelines:
"The captain of a team has no special status or privileges under the Laws of the
Game but he has a degree of responsibility for the behaviour of his team."

Ie. The captain don't talk to the ref. The ref talk to the captain.
If you're asking the ref questions and he tells you to STFU, you're obviously the type of pitch lawyer the ref doesn't feel like justifying himself to.
The best guideline I got while reffing was "don't feel you have to justify every decision". It just distracts you and gives the players ammo to argue with you.

ozriel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ozriel »

5cougarsthanx wrote:Hehehe hahaha. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just think that it is funny that you aren't top over all thew whooha a few weeks ago.

You obviously have no idea who I play for do you?? My team is going fine thank you....
So is mine d*ck brain.... chance to win the title now and finished further in the cup than most sat league sides.... not bad for a side who were struggling to field one team at the end of last year... as for you guys, no chance.... GO ADELAIDE VILLA.... hope they f*ck you st peters p**fters up your rectum just the way you like it!!!!!!!![/quote]monkey boy been fishing again? obviously not using bananas for bait to lure such a big mouthed puffer fish from his lair. or should i say pimped out shed on a school oval

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

I loved the comment from the ref in the Villa/OISC C's game, from the first 50/50 call from the OISC linesman..
The *** ref in the C's wrote:Don't be a cheat!"
Even the attacker stopped, knowing he was offside!

Really, I would expect the referee, if he didn't like the linesman's call, to ignore it and not commentate on it.

Can't expect to get a fair game when the ref didn't like that OISC decided not to play rolling subs, AS PER THE LAWS OF THE GAME.

Can't wait for a game where the opposition doesn't ask us to play rolling subs.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

Rolling subs in the C's:-
I can understand a team rejecting rolling subs if they are playing with a bare 11 and the other team have 15 players.
What bugs me is when both teams have 15 and they reject it because they want so desperately to win. It just means I don't get a game at all and you don't get the chance to skin me alive everytime you attack. Thanks very much. :(
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

otto62 wrote:Rolling subs in the C's:-
I can understand a team rejecting rolling subs if they are playing with a bare 11 and the other team have 15 players.
What bugs me is when both teams have 15 and they reject it because they want so desperately to win. It just means I don't get a game at all and you don't get the chance to skin me alive everytime you attack. Thanks very much. :(
Refer to the SAASL Home Page (entry about rolling subs) and the LOTG.

Championships

Cups

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Note: We were the team with 14 players, and Villa was the team that started with 10. We rejected the use of rolling subs.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

ozriel wrote:
5cougarsthanx wrote:Hehehe hahaha. :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just think that it is funny that you aren't top over all thew whooha a few weeks ago.

You obviously have no idea who I play for do you?? My team is going fine thank you....
So is mine d*ck brain.... chance to win the title now and finished further in the cup than most sat league sides.... not bad for a side who were struggling to field one team at the end of last year... as for you guys, no chance.... GO ADELAIDE VILLA.... hope they f*ck you st peters p**fters up your rectum just the way you like it!!!!!!!!
monkey boy been fishing again? obviously not using bananas for bait to lure such a big mouthed puffer fish from his lair. or should i say pimped out shed on a school oval[/quote]

You compare me to a fish, I compare you to a homosexual OZRIEL... you and your mate Monkey D*ck should suck each other off.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

pernunz wrote:
Note: We were the team with 14 players, and Villa was the team that started with 10. We rejected the use of rolling subs.
After much begging from the 'ref' to allow it too. ;)

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Bacon8 wrote: After much begging from the 'ref' to allow it too. ;)
Luckily our coach is too dumb to multi-task, because it was "Too tough for him to keep track" ;)

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

5cougarsthanx wrote:
ozriel wrote:

monkey boy been fishing again? obviously not using bananas for bait to lure such a big mouthed puffer fish from his lair. or should i say pimped out shed on a school oval
You compare me to a fish, I compare you to a homosexual OZRIEL... you and your mate Monkey D*ck should suck each other off.[/quote]

Your sounding like a bit of a d*ck 5 cougars. Maybe you should just leave it at that hey. :roll: :roll:

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

Kitchimo wrote:
You won so why are you stirring cabernet?

Didn't like being called 'Judas'? It's all part of the game, Alex. If you can't take the heat, get out of the Toilet Seats. No one from OISC jumped on here to bag your linesman for doing the things he was doing or for his performance as referee in the earlier game until you decided to make a comment (the old saying 'practice what you preach comes to mind'). We copped it, and have moved on.

Leave it on the field mate, that's where it belongs.

I was quite surprised actually, this is a group who (as you know) I know very well, have a lot of respect for and have a good relationship with (with you included of course :wink: )... you get no argument from me about the cigarette or beverage which the Villa linesman carried, although he does a decent, honest job as linesman week after week, it's fair to say he shouldn't carry that (I've truly wondered why no ref has ever told him off)...but when I got told what was said by the 2nd OISC linesman and saw that refereeing decisions had been questioned, it ticked me off... a player's appearance or anything of the sort is completely irrelevant to the game... In helping to officiate the game, a linesman shouldn't be saying what he did to an opposition player

As for questioning what I can see from my view...I'm not an idiot, I rarely do question an offside decision... the only thing I can consistently see from my view is a player making a run from behind...the thing I bought up

....but back to the football... this ridiculously inconsistent league is looking like taking shape...looks as if it's a three-horse-race.... Vipers look like they're going to keep pushing on at the front so now it's down to whether the Villains or Budapest can catch them... although I'm also with the view that Budapest are on the way down by the looks of things - the next game with FC Adelaide should tell us more! OISC still in with the long shot at promotion with the last 4 games to go, so we shall have to wait and see!
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

diegom wrote: maybe if ur team spent more time actually playing football and less trying to break legs, u wont b struggling to win points!
Ok I don't want to go start anything but this is quite funny to me. The bloke that scored the winner for you guys against us (Bosa) did one of the most disgusting tackles I have ever seen, and it was on me :lol:

Two feet at my hip, the ball long gone. I still have a bruise the size of a football (no exageration) and 6 stud marks on the meaty part of my hip... and I'm 6'6 ffs haha

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

LUFC wrote:
diegom wrote: maybe if ur team spent more time actually playing football and less trying to break legs, u wont b struggling to win points!
Ok I don't want to go start anything but this is quite funny to me. The bloke that scored the winner for you guys against us (Bosa) did one of the most disgusting tackles I have ever seen, and it was on me :lol:

Two feet at my hip, the ball long gone. I still have a bruise the size of a football (no exageration) and 6 stud marks on the meaty part of my hip... and I'm 6'6 ffs haha
And if you are the same 6'6 guy that shoulder charged one of our players in the B Grade cup game and left him with cracked ribs, pot kettle black.

Championships

Cups

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

That wasn't me. I'm cup tied to firsts.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

LUFC wrote:That wasn't me. I'm cup tied to firsts.
great response :lol: PS Good luck this weekend, fly the Saturday flag.

Championships

Cups

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

Thanks pal. We'll do out best.

fsc14
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by fsc14 »

Div 2:
Monarchs v Flinders SC 2-1 (0-3)

Flinders were the better team but could not finish there chances. All the goals were of good quality. Flinders are almost definitely going down now. Change of coach at Flinders recently has seen a lot of improvement and hopefully they will bounce back next year and go for immediate promotion back to div 2.

maine road
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by maine road »

blind_spot wrote:
LUFC wrote:Great win for the BOSA firsts today. We completely dominated the first half but a stupid lapse of concentration from a throw cost us. Great to get a win in the dying seconds.

Apart from the keeper being a very racist man, the game was played in great spirits and Wanderers as expected took us all the way.

Going to get drunk, great day is about to turn into a very ugly night haha.
I thought that I was the only one to think their keeper is ...well u already said it ...