SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/07/18

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/07/18

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

King Elijah wrote:Div 3

A's - Flinders 1 Burundi Eagles 1
B's - Flinders 4 Burundi Eagles 6

Div 6

Flinders 1 Salisbury 0
:shock: WOW! First points the strong Burundi side have dropped all year. Well done! Have you guys next week... should be interesting.

For the record, vs SA Bullets yesterday.... no game 2-0 for both Cougar teams... easy points, didn't have to show.
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:acu i may complain about the standard of club referee's but i dont BLAME them everytime our team has a loss which you seem to do

act like a man not a little girl :D
Chelsea4thewin I was agreeing with you.

People should freely be able to express their opinion on blogs like these.

And for the record, when was the last time I blamed a ref in regards to any result since round 8 when this mess started....

Pine_Villa 09
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pine_Villa 09 »

I was watching the Monarchs v Vipers game.
We all know that refereeing a game is difficult, but i have to say (as a neutral watching) that the Monarchs B Ref made some very bad calls. The Vipers must feel somewhat robbed from at least a point.
The first goal by monarchs (imo) was on the line and i would not have given the goal (imo it did not cross the line).
There was a point made by Vipers that the goals were not actually on the line - but this had no avail.
The B's ref seemed very trigger happy with issuing cards. Anyone who said or questioned anything by the ref appeared to get a card.

The first sending off (Vipers) appeared to be from some back chat by the player (but I heard not foul language)???
The penalty awarded to monarchs (imo) was very harsh to the Vipers ….. and I saw it as ball to hand. The defender was charging down a shot, hands by his side, and both feet off the ground. Harsh call when in that situation the player can not get out of the way! - harsh call but a nice finish on the penalty (2-1 to monarchs).

The next part was all a little sketchy.
I can only describe what i saw, which was the player who had conceded the penalty, shouting in the air at no one (no swearing and not at the ref either). The player was also walking away, then the ref pulls out a straight red card for what i have absolutely no idea! Very bazaar, but interesting for the spectators. It seemed really unfortunate, as he had done a solid job at the back.

Only 5mins must have been left for the end of the game, but during the discussion of the second straight red - the ref then blew for full time.
Some crazy calls, but entertaining none the less for the neutral.

Vipers can take some solace from their A's win though. A good game, with Vipers the more dominant team. Monarchs had their chances, but just could not finish. A good game to watch.

Well done to both sides, as there was no issues between the teams after the final whistles of both games. Infact, their seemed to be a fair bit of mixing - so good stuff.

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

acu_falcon wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:yep murray bridge club referee is an absolute joke
Old guy with grey hair & rocked up on a pushbike??

He got hammered by his own club when we played there a couple weeks ago.
Image Image

ChelseaGK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ChelseaGK »

Bodes wrote:
hatzipp wrote:BOSA v Gleeson

A's 7-1
B"s 2-0 I think
Confirmed.

Boys harrassed me about my lack of match reports.

1st team.

Should have been double the result with more chances missed than Paco in a macdonalds. BOSA's left back was already on holidays and the BOSA wall had more holes than swiss cheese. All in all a fun day. Always nice to see Ralph in top form not satisfied at winning by a margin of six goals.

Reserves

A bit of a hollow result. We should have been up by 5 in the first half but ended up 1 nil up after the ball had perhaps crossed the line for a throw in. The flag never went up so the whistle wasn't blown, the game played on and we scored. Second half we had as many chances and just couldn't score. We got a legitimate penalty and converted to make it 2. Gleeson had an easy header put over the bar late on in the game but never really threatened too much. Their striker gave me a headache with all of his whinging and complaining. They could be a whole lot better if they focussed on their football and less on the referree.

Up ya bums!!!!!!!!

Referee was a disgrace. It is very hard to stay focused on the game when constant stupid biased decisions were being made. It is our own fault for not playing the whistle for the 1st goal though.
If ref was different could've been a totally different story. Hence the win at home in the 1st fixture with a league ref we always have for our home games. Credit to BOSA for using the 12th man wisely and we just have to learn to try and get on with things and let out football do the talking. So hard to do that this weekend.

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

God is an Englishman wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:yep murray bridge club referee is an absolute joke

lucky you dont have to travel there again englishman
Anybody gonna have a crack at Chelsea4thewin for bagging club referees like what happened to me a few weeks ago?

Doesnt matter as I agree with him, the Bridge ref booked our keeper for saying to one of our defenders "F**king mark number 11"

I didnt know it was a bookable offence to swear at a teammate in a non-offensive manner?
Technically it's a red card for foul and abusive language but you rarely see them given. Let me guess, he said nothing to his own team for doing the same.

As for your comments, I thought the Puma's guy was decent.
Murray Bridge as a team were fairly good when it came to behaviour but it was funny when the ACU linesman waved his flag for a foul AGAINST his team and one of the Murray Bridge redneck (he had a mullet and was drinking west end draught) spectators screams out "That wasnt a bl**dy offside!"

theassistant
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by theassistant »

ChelseaGK wrote:
Bodes wrote:

A's 7-1
B"s 2-0 I think
Confirmed.

1st team.

Should have been double the result with more chances missed than Paco in a macdonalds. BOSA's left back was already on holidays and the BOSA wall had more holes than swiss cheese. All in all a fun day. Always nice to see Ralph in top form not satisfied at winning by a margin of six goals.

Reserves

A bit of a hollow result. We should have been up by 5 in the first half but ended up 1 nil up after the ball had perhaps crossed the line for a throw in. The flag never went up so the whistle wasn't blown, the game played on and we scored. Second half we had as many chances and just couldn't score. We got a legitimate penalty and converted to make it 2. Gleeson had an easy header put over the bar late on in the game but never really threatened too much. Their striker gave me a headache with all of his whinging and complaining. They could be a whole lot better if they focussed on their football and less on the referree.

Up ya bums!!!!!!!!

Referee was a disgrace. It is very hard to stay focused on the game when constant stupid biased decisions were being made. It is our own fault for not playing the whistle for the 1st goal though.
If ref was different could've been a totally different story. Hence the win at home in the 1st fixture with a league ref we always have for our home games. Credit to BOSA for using the 12th man wisely and we just have to learn to try and get on with things and let out football do the talking. So hard to do that this weekend.

theassistant
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by theassistant »

ChelseaGK wrote:
Bodes wrote:

A's 7-1
B"s 2-0 I think
Confirmed.

1st team.

Reserves

Up ya bums!!!!!!!!

Ref never had a chance with you blokes on saturday. You brought out a linesman who must have been about 12, and good on him for having a go but he had no idea what he was doing. That made it impossible for the Ref to properly judge offsides, but even though it was your linesman causing the issues you still had a go at the Ref for poor calls. There is always two sides to the story, and since you took a video of the game go back to the incident where you all went berserk about the guy getting a yellow card, he kicked one of the BOSA boys and should have been sent off. In fairness the two had been niggling each other but you just can't do that. BOSA probably should have had 5 in the first half, so i am not sure the ref made too much difference, and relating back to the first time we played you is irrelevant, we haven't lost in 9 league matches since that game. You were outplayed by a better side on the day.
Good luck for the rest of the season

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

acu_falcon wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:acu i may complain about the standard of club referee's but i dont BLAME them everytime our team has a loss which you seem to do

And for the record, when was the last time I blamed a ref in regards to any result since round 8 when this mess started....
sorry i thought you were having a go at me

hopefully the referee's improve in higher divisions which is number 1 priority for the puma's this season
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Bosa referee is also the club president

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:

sorry i thought you were having a go at me

hopefully the referee's improve in higher divisions which is number 1 priority for the puma's this season
Yep, and the win against Simba is the real start of our push to join you in Div 3 next year :D

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

we are not there yet
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

The Roo wrote:Bosa referee is also the club president.... Pig of a man
You are a bit out of line there Roo. Call him a cheat, call him biased but your statement is beyond what is needed. Stop pretending that you are playing EPL and start realising that we do play amateurs and at the end of the day we play for fun. Unfortunately week after week there will be comments about club referees. Next time ease off the crude name calling.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

If someone can post some sort of report on the Villa v Jets game it would be greatly appreciated :D

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:we are not there yet
True, but I cant see anyone let alone 2 teams getting over the Pumas from here.

ozriel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ozriel »

Bodes wrote:
The Roo wrote:Bosa referee is also the club president.... Pig of a man
You are a bit out of line there Roo. Call him a cheat, call him biased but your statement is beyond what is needed. Stop pretending that you are playing EPL and start realising that we do play amateurs and at the end of the day we play for fun. Unfortunately week after week there will be comments about club referees. Next time ease off the crude name calling.
im with the roo on this one and i sense you know the truth as well. im not calling him a pig of a man just doesnt know how to be fair when it counts

Alinoz
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Alinoz »

We (Stirling) had no problems when he reffed the game in round 2, I actually think he's been one of the better ref's we've had all season (I could name at least 4 club refs that were worse). Always found the bloke friendly and approachable too......

theassistant
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by theassistant »

Alinoz wrote:We (Stirling) had no problems when he reffed the game in round 2, I actually think he's been one of the better ref's we've had all season (I could name at least 4 club refs that were worse). Always found the bloke friendly and approachable too......
No coincidence that teams who play in the right spirit and don't spend the entire day complaining have no problems with the ref

nico
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by nico »

It's a pity that the actions of the BOSA ref cast a shadow over the performance of the reserves side, as they and the first team for that matter are a quality outfit. Phil is a good bloke and has done well with the team this year.

CrappyKeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CrappyKeeper »

Jack Mehorf wrote:If someone can post some sort of report on the Jets v Villa game it would be greatly appreciated :D
Not much of a report but here goes.

A's: 0-2

Villa controlled the majority of play and although Modbury did have quite a few good runs out of midfield, most didn't get too far. Both sides managed a few shots with Modbury struggling to finish while at the other end Dom Musci and Della struggled to be on target in the first half and with offside in the second half (they were all there, just lots of offside calls). Both goals by T Scalzi were class.

B's: 2-1

Got there too late to see much as wasn't informed where the match had been moved too. Apparently a good hit out and a shame to see us fall further back from Stirling. Villa struggling around the box again and Modbury making the most of their 3 good chances with 2 goals and an apparently nice save from the new Villa keeper who's name I can't remember. Villa's goal was by Dave Tisotti (sp). Most of this is all second hand though as got there with only about 15-20 minutes to go.

Hopefully diegom or someone with a better memory can do a better job. I did take some pics and I'll be giving any good ones to Bert.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Rob Lozza wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:Saturday Div 2
Southern Breakers v OISC 1-4 (2-3)
Salisbury Villa v Comets 2-1 (4-0)
FC Adelaide v Navarino 4-2 (4-0)

Saturday Div 4
Murray Bridge v OISC 4-3 (3-1)
ACU Falcons v Simba Of Congo 3-1 (1-5)
Torrens Valley v Adelaide Pumas 0-10

Saturday Div 6
Mt Barker C1 v OISC 1-4
Salisbury Villa v Vipers (I think) 0-1

The things I do for love - posted from my mate's blackberry
Three outstanding goals in the Villa v. Comets game. Not many other chances created by either team.
were you reffing the game?

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

CrappyKeeper wrote:
Jack Mehorf wrote:If someone can post some sort of report on the Jets v Villa game it would be greatly appreciated :D
Not much of a report but here goes.

A's: 0-2

Villa controlled the majority of play and although Modbury did have quite a few good runs out of midfield, most didn't get too far. Both sides managed a few shots with Modbury struggling to finish while at the other end Dom Musci and Della struggled to be on target in the first half and with offside in the second half (they were all there, just lots of offside calls). Both goals by T Scalzi were class.

B's: 2-1

Got there too late to see much as wasn't informed where the match had been moved too. Apparently a good hit out and a shame to see us fall further back from Stirling. Villa struggling around the box again and Modbury making the most of their 3 good chances with 2 goals and an apparently nice save from the new Villa keeper who's name I can't remember. Villa's goal was by Dave Tisotti (sp). Most of this is all second hand though as got there with only about 15-20 minutes to go.

Hopefully diegom or someone with a better memory can do a better job. I did take some pics and I'll be giving any good ones to Bert.
Bit more would be great but cheers anyway...Jack in ROMA!!!

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Hulk Hogan wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:Saturday Div 2
Southern Breakers v OISC 1-4 (2-3)
Salisbury Villa v Comets 2-1 (4-0)
FC Adelaide v Navarino 4-2 (4-0)

Saturday Div 4
Murray Bridge v OISC 4-3 (3-1)
ACU Falcons v Simba Of Congo 3-1 (1-5)
Torrens Valley v Adelaide Pumas 0-10

Saturday Div 6
Mt Barker C1 v OISC 1-4
Salisbury Villa v Vipers (I think) 0-1

The things I do for love - posted from my mate's blackberry
Three outstanding goals in the Villa v. Comets game. Not many other chances created by either team.
were you reffing the game?
Yep.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

BillyBob wrote:hahaha, thanks for that. I perhaps should have added, whether a tackle from behind is dangerous is open to interpretation. I don't think a tackle from behind is necessarily dangerous. See what Lozza, has to say.
Any tackle from behind is now considered to be endagering the safety of your opponent and as such, an offence to commit punishable with a free kick. The Referee then decides on its severity (and hence, re-start of play), i.e. that it was either careless (free kick only), reckless (free kick and caution for unsporting behaviour) or made with excessive force (free kick and send off for serious foul play).

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Rob Lozza...

If I am a sweeper running sideways but also backwards a little and my arm is out to help me run, and then a ball gets deflected from a cross and accidentally hits my arm because my arm was out to the side, is that a handball?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

SKILADIKO wrote:Rob Lozza...

If I am a sweeper running sideways but also backwards a little and my arm is out to help me run, and then a ball gets deflected from a cross and accidentally hits my arm because my arm was out to the side, is that a handball?
I don't think you can answer that question without having seen the offence. How far is the arm away from the body? What was the reaction time to move it out of the way? What advantage was gained by the ball hitting the hand?

Because the rule is an interpretative one, you really have to see the incident to comment.

I have said before, this rule should be changed to get rid of any interpretation of intent.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

God is an Englishman wrote:
SKILADIKO wrote:Rob Lozza...

I don't think you can answer that question without having seen the offence. How far is the arm away from the body? What was the reaction time to move it out of the way? What advantage was gained by the ball hitting the hand?

Because the rule is an interpretative one, you really have to see the incident to comment.

I have said before, this rule should be changed to get rid of any interpretation of intent.
Getting way off topic here but the ball did hit your arm so yes, it was hand-ball however should you be penalised for it? Handling of the ball is only an offence if the action was deliberate. Straight-forward, yes or is it??? The position you were playing and the direction you were running, walking or whatever are not relevant but consider this: your arm was in an unnatural or unusual position. The Ref would therefore need to decide in a split second whether he/she thinks you had enough time to get your arm out of the way. If there was enough time and you chose not to get your arm out of the way then you would probably be penalised. If you did not have time because the ball was travelling at light speed then no offence and everyone should get on with it.

Another situation is when in a split second, you cover your balls with your hands to protect them from being struck by the ball. This is a natural human reaction to protect one's self but was it deliberate? I would say that it was instinctive - not deliberate - and hence, not an offence. GIAE's comment is therefore valid: the correct interpretation can be very subjective and can never be provided without seeing it. I hope my OPINION helps you rather than confuses!