Div 2 Round 16

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Div 2 Round 16

Post by Happy Kopite »

Well to plagerise a catchphrase from a big fat ex TV personality who is now in charge of channel 9, it's a big week in football, especially in Div 2.

West Beach v Limnos - big local derby. Beach boys still an outside chance for promotion. Limnos now safe. 2-0 to Beach.
Vista v Knights - a game Vista must win. Some players back from suspension. 2-1 Vista.
Fulham v Farmers - a battle between the 2 form teams. But I think Farmers will be too good and will get top 2 position. 1-3
Maco v Bosna - bottom 3 clash of the titans. Bosna to pull off an upset 0-1.
PHE v Pumas - Para boys to win comfortably. Frankie to whinge the whole game. 3-0

Also a big round in the reserves with the game at Fulham being crucial for both teams. The loser will surely be knocked out of the title race. A draw would do neither any good.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Ron Burgundy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Div 2 Round 16

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Happy Kopite wrote:Well to plagerise a catchphrase from a big fat ex TV personality who is now in charge of channel 9, it's a big week in football, especially in Div 2.

West Beach v Limnos - big local derby. Beach boys still an outside chance for promotion. Limnos now safe. 2-0 to Beach.
Vista v Knights - a game Vista must win. Some players back from suspension. 2-1 Vista.
Fulham v Farmers - a battle between the 2 form teams. But I think Farmers will be too good and will get top 2 position. 1-3
PHE v Pumas - Para boys to win comfortably. Frankie to whinge the whole game. 3-0

Also a big round in the reserves with the game at Fulham being crucial for both teams. The loser will surely be knocked out of the title race. A draw would do neither any good.
Easties with a signing up there sleeve.....
should be interesting

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:Well to plagerise a catchphrase from a big fat ex TV personality who is now in charge of channel 9, it's a big week in football, especially in Div 2.

should be interesting
i heard childsy gonna play for the last three weeks for easties.
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Cahill4

Post by Cahill4 »

If your refering to Neil Childs he can't because he has been registered with a federation club this season and the transfer deadline has passed. If he was not registered with any club for this season, then he would be able to. Great pick up if he can though.

Cantona Seven
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona Seven »

Cahill4 wrote:If your refering to Neil Childs he can't because he has been registered with a federation club this season and the transfer deadline has passed. If he was not registered with any club for this season, then he would be able to. Great pick up if he can though.
Apparently I can.
And it will be fun to play with the boys - and win a wee medal along the way!!!

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Hmm..

If PHE "forgot" to tell the SAASL he was from a federation club, it could be very interesting..

You may well have just dobbed yourselves in !! Whoops!

Transfer deadline was 2 months ago, show me that document :)

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

eric the great wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:

should be interesting
i heard childsy gonna play for the last three weeks for easties.
Feel sorry for the bloke who loses his spot in the team to Childsy after playing all season. Childsy will obviously run amok if he is able to play.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

West Beach v Limnos - 1-1- Beach need to score a few more goals than they have been

Vista v Knights - U r always in with a chance against Vista cos they never thrash any team - Knights unpredictable - 1-1 my tip

Fulham v Farm - the 2 form teams at the moment - home advantage could prove the difference - 1-0 to Fulham

Maco v Bosna - Maco's to stop the rot - 2-0

PHE v Pumas - Pumas wont make it easy as they r fighting to stay up - 2-1 to East though and the question to the league to see if Childs is eligible will be asked - up to them to follow up if he has already been registered at a Fed Club.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

I doubt if this is true, he would of had to sign before June 30th,

I pretty sure he was playing for Olympic only afew weeks ago.

Anyway even if Eastie's found a loop hole to sign him good luck to them but i doubt it.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Will be very interesting to find out whether East told the league he was from a federation club or not.

The SAASL always asks the registering person if the player has played at another club. PHE have obviously not told the league the truth here...

Will find out tomorrow night

Cantona Seven
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona Seven »

How's saraceno playng for fulham?

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

they signed him on the 30th june... it was above board

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

hows that wee medal looking now?

Cantona Seven
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona Seven »

Oh well.
Cant play - Cant play.
They'll still win the league - and when I go to the club and celebtate after they win the league, Ill probably steal Reeky's or Krollig's when they're hammered.

So in reference to your question - My medal is looking top drawer my man! :lol:

The Nut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Nut »

Easties have stuttered!!

No replacement for GARETH YET??
"In my experience, women who work in factories are slappers."

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

West Beach 3 v Limnos 1 - Beach still too much to play for a will give it everything and be far too strong for limnots

Vista 2 v Knights 0 - Vista should've wrapped up game at half time down there, instead only got the one and played shocking in 2nd half to draw, will be looking to make up for that and push for promotion

Fulham 2 v Farm 1 - Really tuff to pick, i think only home game advantage will see fulham win but should be a cracker

Maco 1 v Bosna 1 - Bosna will come out fighting hoping to get something out of whats left of the year but not quite enough

PHE 3 v Pumas 0 - East too good at home and frankie to kop one behind play..... please someone he's a tool
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

West Beach 2 v Limnos 1

Vista 2 v Knights 1

Fulham 1 v Farm 1

Maco 2 v Bosna 0

PHE 5 v Pumas 1

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

West Beach 2 v Limnos 2
Vista 1 v Knights 1
Fulham 3 v Farm 2
Maco 1 v Bosna 0
PHE 3 v Pumas 1

Beach v Limnos: Although we lost to Limnos i must say, without making excuses, that was by far the most lack lustre, uninspiring game we have played all year. Credit to Limnos though. Steph makes a huge difference to the style u play. slows it down really well. Then that little dude who scored is..... a gun really. Very quick and good control. Beach must keep fighting coz u never know who will slip up next!!

Vista v Knights: Vista will love the home ground advantage. But will struggle to score and i rekon knights mite sneak one late.

Fulham v Farm: I just want fulham to win to keep a buffer between us and farm. Fulham have been in form of late and i hope the run keeps going. Farm are a good outfit, but have they had to play a really tough game for a while??

Maco's v bosna: Maco's should win with bosna getting 2 sent off for brawls and maco pres getting his nose outta shape being a hero. Maco's need the win.

PHE v Pumas: We have been extremely solid a home, which as i have said previously is crucial in div2. The boys should be pumped up this week after the loss to Limnos.

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

West Beach 2 v Limnos 2
Vista 1 v Knights 2
Fulham 3 v Farm 1
Maco 1 v Bosna 2
PHE 1 v Pumas 1

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

As for the Childsy thingo who knows. From what i understand if you are contracted to a fed club and you want to go to amatuers, then all it used to take is the fed club to release the player and all is well. But because fed and amatuer federations aren't linked anymore u can do what ever u like. The whole dead line date is more the issue i believe. There is still the deadline for signing new players. To be honest, im sure our coach will not be silly enough to sign him illegally as we are in top spot. and Im sure childsy wont want to risk it if it means our promotion either. He knows all the boys there and will be a part of it one day, wether it be this season or beyond. We aint cheats guys so do all your checking up on us if u wish.

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

But u never know. Ur form hasnt been great over the last month losing 2 from 4 games. U may get desperate to finish on top especially after losing to Limnos. In saying that though all clubs are entitled to ensure that illegal players arent playing and remember to bring ur cards to the game :wink:

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

W Beach 1 v Limnos 2
Vista 1 v Knights 0
Fulham 2 v Farm 1
Maco 0 v Bosna 2
PHE 4 v Pumas 1

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

West Beach ? v Limnos ? - depends if the skipper is fit!!! few injury clouds... will update after thurs nite training

Vista 1 v Knights 0 vista at home in a tight game

Fulham 1 v Farm 2 dont think fulhams defence can handle farms attack

Maco 2 v Bosna 2

PHE 3 v Pumas 1 phe to bounce back
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

The Legend Killer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Legend Killer »

unknown? wrote:West Beach ? v Limnos ? - depends if the skipper is fit!!! few injury clouds... will update after thurs nite training
With or with out the Skipper, I know the boys can get the job done and get a result.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

The Legend Killer wrote:
unknown? wrote:West Beach ? v Limnos ? - depends if the skipper is fit!!! few injury clouds... will update after thurs nite training
With or with out the Skipper, I know the boys can get the job done and get a result.
will need to re-shuffle the team and tactics without the skipper... he carries the defence
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Haha. Do you think the Limnos boys will fall for the old "our captain is injured" trick?...........Actually, they probably will :D

The Legend Killer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Legend Killer »

unknown? wrote:
The Legend Killer wrote:
will need to re-shuffle the team and tactics without the skipper... he carries the defence
Doesnt carry........ Marshalls the defence

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

JP wrote:West Beach 2 v Limnos 2
Vista 1 v Knights 2
Fulham 3 v Farm 1
Maco 1 v Bosna 2
PHE 1 v Pumas 1
JP, you still haven't given up on promotion, have you? Fancy picking all the teams above you to either lose or draw...
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

:lol: I have not yet given up hope

Anythings possible. Who would of thought that Limnos would have beaten the top side in Para hills east? Not me but they did. My point is there is still a slight chance and while the top teams are dropping points we are continuing to win.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

JP wrote::lol: I have not yet given up hope

Anythings possible. Who would of thought that Limnos would have beaten the top side in Para hills east? Not me but they did. My point is there is still a slight chance and while the top teams are dropping points we are continuing to win.
Well I'll wish you all the best for this weekend anyway! You could do Vista a big favour in the A's and B's - although I'd rather you drew in the B's.

If only you'd started the season of as well as you're playing now....!