Best Players in Div 2.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

When Krollig is on song he is unstoppable and when Aitken controls himself he is formidable. I'm also a big fan of Dave Ennis although the way the Farm try to look for him can be a bit predictable. Luke, the Welsh git, will be a big loss for us. He is a true work horse. He not only scores goals but creates them.

Ballsteen
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ballsteen »

Thanks for that east 17, how about you reel off all the PHE team? You'd be pretty angry if you didn't get named!!!

Also, you would have to say Robbie S is quality, that is a given. This Mario fella, who is he? He's the only Italian in the Farm team? Plays centre Midfield? If so, I think that he is great on the ball, but he is never that devastating. He prances on the ball but doesnt really even threaten going forward. Ive seen him a few times is that a fair comment?

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

with the perfromance that no13 put in yesterday... u could see why he is the best player / defender in the league... had krollig and aitken and the other strikers in his pocket all day!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

He is still a dirty player :lol:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

Cahill4

Post by Cahill4 »

Ballsteen wrote:Thanks for that east 17, how about you reel off all the PHE team? You'd be pretty angry if you didn't get named!!!

Also, you would have to say Robbie S is quality, that is a given. This Mario fella, who is he? He's the only Italian in the Farm team? Plays centre Midfield? If so, I think that he is great on the ball, but he is never that devastating. He prances on the ball but doesnt really even threaten going forward. Ive seen him a few times is that a fair comment?
Mario is actually the Sweeper and was Campbelltowns Best and Fairest last year I think. When Rocky went there though, he froze Mario out as they haven't gotten along for a while. Campbeltown wouldn't release him to another Fed club so he came to play with his brother. Has been one of Ingle Farms best players this year. There are actually 3 Italians in the team. Interesting though there are 3 sets of Brothers, Ennis, Stalarti and Lara.

Cahill4

Post by Cahill4 »

Also forgot to mention the father coaching the son, two brothers in the C's, 3 Martini's over the last 3 years, the Walker boys in the resis and a father son in the C's.

Best players from other clubs would be Frankie from Pumas, even if he is a chardonnay, Kollig and Dunt from Easts, Simo from Vista and I cant remember the guys name from West Beach. Plays between forward and midfield. In regards to best at at the Farm, its tough, both Ennis' are valuable, same with Mario and Squidy, Ricky is a hard worker with Brendon. Alby is underrated at times and Torsten when he is on song is very hard to stop. I'll go with myself though!! :D

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

better players in the saturday league!! just look at the players in teams such as wanderers, gryphons and ma hawks

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

n8 wrote:better players in the saturday league!! just look at the players in teams such as wanderers, gryphons and ma hawks
Dude stop smoking that cabernet. Its not good for your brain cells.

Pontians are a div 3 side and beat the wanderers with all their names. The hawks and the gryphons arent even coming top in their leagues so how good can their players be?

There goes your theory down the drain. Good try though :lol:

Plonker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Plonker »

Cahill4 must agree with you on the best players.

Mario Staltari would be the best in the league, very well composed and quality player, probably underutilised as sweeper in the amateur league though. He would make any amateur league starting 11. Saying that, his brother should win B&F at the Farm this year, there haven’t been many games where he hasn't been in the top 3 votes.

Every team has a quality player or two, I'd be more interested to here who everyone thinks will win Div 2 Player of the year. Might be some surprises here.

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Limnos no 8. Great player and knows how to win over the refs :lol:

One of the top goalscorers could finish up there like Rutter, Krollig or even Aitken. Should be interesting as all the teams have been pretty close.

Jairzinho
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jairzinho »

viduka wrote:Limnos no 8. Great player and knows how to win over the refs :lol:

One of the top goalscorers could finish up there like Rutter, Krollig or even Aitken. Should be interesting as all the teams have been pretty close.
no 8 in the a's was a pork chop!