best ref? a's and b's

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

best ref? a's and b's

Post by BULLDOG »

which ref's do we rate?
onoir diomasack

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Love 'em all... they're all courageous men and women... keep up the good work guys...

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Will only comment on best - In A's don't know names but referee v Limnos was good, as was ref v Vista and Fulham and West Beach at their ground. B's Ingle Farm away, West Beach and Pumas all very good

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

good to see this topic stayed on here.moderate this
onoir diomasack

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

we've had this young fella by the name of curtis on 3 occassions (first team games) and he has been excellent. spectators, couldnt believe his confidence, composure and ability to communicate for a 19 yo. whoever was his mentor has done a teriffic job. well done!! my prediction is - if he takes it seriously he can go all the way as a ref (id rather him playing on the left side of midfield for us though)

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

and what team is that m8?
onoir diomasack

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

isc raptors

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Agree with you 100% Megabonus. Every game we have had him I let him know how well he has done ,which I think everyone should do to give him more incentive to keep going
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Fulham's B team ref, by far the fairest b team ref Vista have ever had. Let the game flow and really should have sent off "Spellow House" (that's 2 reds you've avoided now mate :wink: )

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Fairest ref and best B team coach goes to Fulham then Vista Bhoy. :lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

I heard things have changed but last year, when we travelled to the knights, was easily the worst refereeing I have seen in the amateurs, both A's and B's... My mate in the B's was punched in the head then tried to walk away as the opposition gave him cabernet for taking the punch, then swore at the offender and the B ref... subsequently getting sent off... in the A's I coped a straight kick to the shins 30 metres off the ball but in view of the ref... who told me to get up instead of actaully doing something about it... yet in the B's my team-mate gets red-carded for swearing?To prove it was a bottle of shiraz rude cheap shot, the offending player said sorry and that he was lucky to get away with it... so he bought me a beer after the match, so I have no hard feelings!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:I heard things have changed but last year, when we travelled to the knights, was easily the worst refereeing I have seen in the amateurs, both A's and B's... My mate in the B's was punched in the head then tried to walk away as the opposition gave him cabernet for taking the punch, then swore at the offender and the B ref... subsequently getting sent off... in the A's I coped a straight kick to the shins 30 metres off the ball but in view of the ref... who told me to get up instead of actaully doing something about it... yet in the B's my team-mate gets red-carded for swearing?To prove it was a bottle of shiraz rude cheap shot, the offending player said sorry and that he was lucky to get away with it... so he bought me a beer after the match, so I have no hard feelings!
I wonder what you would have written if you had hard feelings! Lol

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

It's a shame that we couldn't keep one topic positive - however since you have put forward your version of events I feel obligated to respond

1) Yes every club that has played us this year hasn't had an issue with our referee (B's)
2) Your "mate" hit our goalkeeper late then squared up to one of our players and pushed him over - one of our players "got him back" but made sure the referee wasn't watching - your mate took off after the referee rather that follow through on his tough threats - he called the referee and f'ing cheat got booked, kept going and got sent off!
3) You are known for your simulation and although the referee missed a genuine freekick that happens sometimes to serial simulators

Glad you have no hard feelings

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

hahaha I didn't think what I wrote was that bad Knight7, just my re-collection of the events concerning refereeing in one, no malice intended, although you would take it that way... and how can I have hard feelings when the player bought me a drink after the game... At the end of the day, I would rather that free drink than seen him sent off, which is what a square kick to the shins off the ball deserves (not a free kick as you mention)... if my memory serves me correctly he was one of your attackers, and a pretty good player and a good bloke as well...

A known simulator?? Considering your the only one who has actually said that... hardly constitutes being a "known fact". And my "mate" did not square up any of your players... he ran into the goalkeeper as a result of going for a cross... your players took it as a delibrate act and the rest is history, he didn't square anyone up... its just funny how the b's ref missed everything before my "mate" went off at him is all (and it was a straight red)...

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

No what you wrote wasn't that bad I'm just overly sensitive -little things like "the worst refereeing ever" Lol - And trust me your friend swore at the Referee not the offender I was far closer to the incident than you!!!

Seen any good referee's ever?

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

harryhandsome1 wrote:Fairest ref and best B team coach goes to Fulham then Vista Bhoy. :lol:
And certainly not the handsomest (is that a word :oops: ) :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Knight7 wrote:No what you wrote wasn't that bad I'm just overly sensitive -little things like "the worst refereeing ever" Lol - And trust me your friend swore at the Referee not the offender I was far closer to the incident than you!!!

Seen any good referee's ever?
Took it out of context, worst refeereeing I've seen while playing in the amateurs, but I got my free drink and your club was good to hang around a bit after the match!

I know he went after the ref... after the ref let him get punched... but at the end it was last season! He got over it, i got over, and obvously your over it... just this was topic was about ref's... and I must agree with you... I have never seen a good ref in the amateurs... hahahaha

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

The points Id like to make isnt about particular referee's but about decisions refs make and consistency between them. First off Refereeing would be a very hard job but without official linesmen it must make it harder, in almost every game Ive played in (OK every second game) a Linesman has either put his flag up for offside and been waved down by the ref or offside given when it doesnt seem to be offside, I notice if an offical linesman puts his flag up its given 95% off the time. Some refs like a chat some refs get stroppy when you talk to them, Yellow cards, where do I start?? Some refs seem like there on commission!! Others you can get away with Murder with! Another point is matchcards some refs put goalscorers down others dont a guy at my club was on the bench and didnt come on but was put down for a hatrick! Now this effects leading goalscorer comp! But my main point is about Yellow and Red cards we need consistency with handing them out and also the suspensions given down. Refs do a great job MOST of the time but to me there needs to be more consistency, they get paid so I dont think its unfair to ask!

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Dont think so but i am sure you are just jealous, after all i am a legend in my own living room.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

harryhandsome1 wrote:Dont think so but i am sure you are just jealous, after all i am a legend in my own living room.
After all the couch humping you do, I'm not surprised! :D

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Yea but your bird likes the casting couch too :wink:

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

That's no way to talk about yer mother :lol:

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

OUCH that hurt, but let me say yer maw and sister done a great double act on the casting couch. You can have one more pop then we will call it quits, most people would be offended with this but coming from Glesga means we are blessed with a sick sense of humour. :lol:

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hee hee. We'll call it a draw eh? :D

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

That will do for me. Roll on the next topic :twisted:

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Steve Williams TOP REF, BUT NOT ONE OF THE BOYs. Not sure if the BOYs are letting him ref ? :shock:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Is that steve williams the old head of the a nomadic or free-spirited person jokers?? I thought he went missing?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

King Tom
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by King Tom »

comeback kid wrote:The points Id like to make isnt about particular referee's but about decisions refs make and consistency between them. First off Refereeing would be a very hard job but without official linesmen it must make it harder, in almost every game Ive played in (OK every second game) a Linesman has either put his flag up for offside and been waved down by the ref or offside given when it doesnt seem to be offside, I notice if an offical linesman puts his flag up its given 95% off the time. Some refs like a chat some refs get stroppy when you talk to them, Yellow cards, where do I start?? Some refs seem like there on commission!! Others you can get away with Murder with! Another point is matchcards some refs put goalscorers down others dont a guy at my club was on the bench and didnt come on but was put down for a hatrick! Now this effects leading goalscorer comp! But my main point is about Yellow and Red cards we need consistency with handing them out and also the suspensions given down. Refs do a great job MOST of the time but to me there needs to be more consistency, they get paid so I dont think its unfair to ask!
ASK MEGABONUS ABOUT THE LINESMAN AT RAPTORS, METRE ON SIDE AND THE FLAG GOES UP FOR OFFSIDE, CAN'T BLAME THE REF'S THEY CAN'T SEE IT ALL....THEY HOPE THE LINESMAN SUPPLIED ARE HONEST AND KNOW THE RULES>>>>>

OVERALL THE REFS HAVE BEEN PRETTY GOOD IN DIV 3

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ king tom

2 things

1) this is the same linesman who chose not to tell the ref about the elbow to the jaw from your striker and the punch behind play

also

2) the player supposedly 'on side' agreed with the linesman call when they had a chat.

this topic could be argued for a long time to come if you are going to disect every single decision made by an official.

i thought this post was to praise and encourage refs but as usual its turned into a whinge fest!!!!!!