ATT: All Moderators

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

ATT: All Moderators

Post by MegaBonus »

for the sake of transperancy, i propose that if a post gets deleted, the moderator who does so must declare it was (s)he and the reason for it. that way all the biatching ceases.

what do people think????

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

With all respect, I think that this is a ridiculous idea.

I for one don't have time to provide a written justification for every post that I delete. A better idea is if people avoid posting the type of comments that have been deleted in the past, and avoid having inappropriate avatars and on-screen images. It's not really that hard. Then there will be no need for deletions.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

megabonus for moderator!!!

what do people think?
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

why does it need to be known who deletes stuff, agreed a stupid thing to even want
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

im with you megabonus!

enough of this moderator deleteing BS!

there were some perfectly good topics deleted last week for no apparent reason

let the person who deleted them stand up and justify his decision as to why they did it

its not fair on the people who took the time to add posts to have them automatically deleted

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

avenell_road wrote:With all respect, I think that this is a ridiculous idea.

I for one don't have time to provide a written justification for every post that I delete. A better idea is if people avoid posting the type of comments that have been deleted in the past, and avoid having inappropriate avatars and on-screen images. It's not really that hard. Then there will be no need for deletions.
Have to agree with avenell. Terrible idea plus they dont have to answer to any of you's.

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

Avenell is spot on
as a moderator he should delete whatever he feels fit to delete
without having to justify his actions
he and the other moderators are willing to give their time to do it
so just let them do it ffs

don't post rascist or defamatory crap and your posts won't get deleted
it's pretty simple

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

Yea I agree with Avenall, some people take stuff too far and there is no need for him or others to cop sh!ite for removing the crap.

However, why does the whole topic need to be deleted? Some people actually post reasonable comments, only to have them removed because of some clown hijacking the topic with other bollox.

Am i going blind, or did the topic from last week which questioned why topics were being deleted, get deleted too? are we not allowed to have a say on the matter?

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

The problem is last week all the moderators independantly claimed they didn't delete a certain post - it would appear 1) There was nothing racist or even overtly derogatory in the post, it did however refer to one specific club - however after one or two intial posts was mostly people from this specific club so very hard to work out why it was deleted 2) All moderators denied deleting it???? All moderators?

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

moderators should be accountable for deleting posts!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

no they shouldnt
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

who cares really, moderators are like refs, you might not like them but have to abide by them, no mattering how bad they are, not saying the moderators are bad but a ref very rarely has to answer to his actions.
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

moderators - power goes to their head...
LIVERPOOL FC *****

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Megabonus, Knight7 and whoever else seems to be paranoid. For the friggin 1000th time I didnt delete any posts at all good or bad regarding Limnos. (IN FACT THERE WAS ONLY 1 TOPIC I DELETED - THE TOPIC THAT WAS BAGGING THE RAPTORS - THATS RIGHT MEGABONUS)

I WAS THE FIRST ONE WHO DENIED DELETING TOPICS ETC AND CLAIM ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERY OTHER MODERATOR LATER DOES THE SAME. SO OF COURSE BEING THE LIMNOS GUY I'M THE ONE WHO IS DEFINITELY LYING. I CAN TAKE THE ANTI LIMNOS TOPICS THATS WHY I POST AND REPLY IN THEM.

KNIGHT 7, THE B'S GAME WAS CUT SHORT BY THE OFFICIAL A'S GAME REFEREE (CT) - APPARENTLY HE CAN DO THAT, ASK HIM YOURSELF, PM ME IF YOU CANT REMEMBER WHO HE IS AND WANT HIS NAME.

FOR AGES IVE BEEN SITTING IN A ROOM WITH NO shiraz WINDOWS OR FRESH AIR, DOING ADSL WORK ON BEHALF OF TELSTRA ALL DAY EVERY shiraz DAY. I WORK TOO YOU KNOW, MY PRIORITY IS DEFINITELY FOOTBALLNEWS 24/7 OH YES.

PS MEGABONUS, JUST REMEMBER YOUR B'S HAD TO BEAT OURS BY 8+ GOALS FOR SOME SORT OF HOPE.

AND ALL (I THINK ALL) GAMES ARE ON VIDEO. SO PLEASE DONATE TO OUR CLUB, PURCHASE A COPY AND SEE THE GAMES YOURSELF RATHER THAN TAKING 3RD HAND KNOWLEDGE.

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

so wat u trying to say frappe

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Hey Frappe relax never accused you just stated the facts - don't you get so paranoid would like to buy the DVD or Video last year and this year. Don't need the referee's name though thanks anyway

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

hey knight 7 did u want our b team ref to take all ur home games next season..maximum points at home

if u want i can organise it.i know him really well. :lol:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

right.let the dog have his say on this matter,i rekons right that.......spring will come early this year.....why the almond trees are already starting to blossom and the magpies are starting to swoop in the city area.which would lead me to think that they are protecting their food supply.oh how this world is a changing ah guys.....you just never know from one year to the next.

AND I BLAME THE MODERATORS COS THEY POKE THEIR "DO GOODERS NOSES INTO TO EVERYTHING"YOU MUPPETS.

just let winter have its turn,and let its turn be the same as the other seasons.

thankyou and goodnight.
Last edited by BULLDOG on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onoir diomasack

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

the petsa wrote:hey knight 7 did u want our b team ref to take all ur home games next season..maximum points at home

if u want i can organise it.i know him really well. :lol:
No thanks would prefer to win fairly or not at all. We used to have a "biased home ref", however we now have 2 very good ones as people on this forum have already highlighted - cheating takes the shine off winning for some anyway!

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

we love cheating it makes us feel better :lol:

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

talk about being sensitive, it's ok Frappe I'm sure your mummy still loves you.

What's with the name anyway? Only a f@g would drink Frappe.

What is that poor excuse of a caffeine drink the turks invented (with the crap on the bottom of the cup) to strong for you? Mummy has to mix it with milk?

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

the petsa wrote:we love cheating it makes us feel better :lol:
The first sensible thing you have said!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

i think if a topic is deleted everyone has the right to know why it was deleted. Some people abide by the rules and actually take time to make good posts only for it to be deleted because of some stupid posts by other members.

I dont want this forum to have large amounts of one liners because of people being afraid of their posts being deleted (not taking any time to put some quality into the post anymore then)

if i delete a topic i will gladly explain why it was inappropriate - but i will not get into an argument about it

whatever other moderators think is their opinion and i respect that, if they dont want to give reasons they dont have to

i really have no clue what has happened to the topics that people are complaining about... i am going to ask the admin if he can trace the deletes at all

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ Frappe

i havent mentioned you as a person of interest. my suggestion was not aimed at any one moderator and could apply to all forums.

i appreciate all that the moderators do but there must be some COMMON guidelines that all you blokes adhere to when deciding to delete a post.

i understand that moderators act as 'referees' but even referees work within a set of rules.

JUSTICE MUST BE SEEN TO BE DONE!!!

i'll now get off my high horse :lol:

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

I'm getting sick of every topic turning into a load of racial abuse, if people would stop posting that crap there wouldn't be an issue. I can understand why the moderators delete whole topics when no one is posting anything of any relevance to the thread and the whole topic becomes an idiotic slanging match. Some forum users need to grow up.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ dicanio

this topic wasnt racial until you mentioned it :lol:

also

your username is synonomous with rasicm (hes a supporter of the far right in italy)

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

MegaBonus wrote:@ dicanio

this topic wasnt racial until you mentioned it :lol:

also

your username is synonomous with rasicm (hes a supporter of the far right in italy)
No it wasn't, that is the reason posts are being deleted though.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

And I admire his football ability. Not interested in his political beliefs
- Paolo Di Canio

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

oh ok... apparently hitler was a good politician and pol pot was a great chess player :cry:

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

co

Post by colon clenser »

frappe im alittle confused here,,im not a mathamatician ,england was my strong subject,,but when we where scheduled to play u guys last year didnt u guys have 3 points on us and +6 goals,,so therefore if we beat u guys by 3 goals meant we would be on equal points and equal goals with 1 game to go and history shows we won the last game 5-1 with a very undermaned team,,,sure its all hyperthetical ,,,pls someone correct me