DIV 2 - ROUND 13

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

DIV 2 - ROUND 13

Post by bigpond »

Cup is over for another month so back to the league this week.

Another interesting round.

Vista v Maco

Vista would like to bounce back after losing to Fulham but Maco's will be no easy beats - if they can sort out there fade outs in the last 10 - 15 mins they will give Vista plenty to worry about.

Bosna v Limnos

Limnos rarely over power sides and it is always fairly tight against them but should get the points over a struggling Bosna outfit.

Pumas v Fulham

Pumas have improved since we played them last and beat them 6-0. Should be a tough game - wont be nothing like the last time we played them but I think we have just enough to get us over the line.

B's for Fulham should win and keep there title chances alive.

Knights v West Beach

West Beach will hate playing on the Knights pitch and after there undefeated streak came to an end last legaue game the knights will be keen to bounce back.

Beach have plenty to play for being just 1 point off the promotion zone but I think it will be a stale mate - my prediction a draw.

Farm v PHE

huge game - East can just about sew up promotion with a win and Farm need to keep getting points to keep the pack behind them at bay.

tipping a draw.

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

Farm V PHE - Match of the round by far, should be a crackingly hard fought game, hope PHE can help us out by getting the points however i can see farm being extremely fired up after good cup win and the drubbing they received last time play.
2-2
Bosna V Limnos - fighting bosna to win 1-0 with limnos having to play away from home
Pumas V Fulham - Fulham 2-1 too strong good side that looked the goods against us 2 wks ago
Knights V West Beach - battle of down south and the emerging knights in a classic bruising high goal scoring encounter 3-2
Vista V Maso's - Vista 2-0 will bounce back hard from only its 2nd loss through the season rounds, showed it could bounce back after losing 3-0 to farm in cup. Suspect injuries may cause i little scare but the boys will pull through. And after 5 wks on the side line, the big PC is rumoured to be making a comeback after hamstring pull. However the last 5 weeks he has been pulling another muscle but is all good to go!!!!
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Re: DIV 2 - ROUND 13

Post by avenell_road »

Vista v Maco

3-1

Bosna v Limnos

1-1

Pumas v Fulham

1-2

Knights v West Beach

2-0

Farm v PHE

2-1

O DIALOS V1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by O DIALOS V1 »

Vista v Maco

2-1

Bosna v Limnos

1-3

Pumas v Fulham

2-2

Knights v West Beach

1-1

Farm v PHE

1-2
tha se klaso

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

bosna 0 limnos 2
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

What a huge game for us this week!!!! :lol: :lol: I'm really looking forward to this clash. Farm definatley gave us a run for our money last time we played them. And it will be very difficult at their ground, but with our week off last weekend i know i'm fired up for this one and i hope all the boys are the same. I predict we will win 3-1.

Vista vs maco's - 2-2
Both really tough sides we have played against. Agree with Big Pond, Maco's never seem to give up, but most games don't have the fitness to carry out the game. Vista should be bursting to play this game and keep up with the leaders.

Bosna vs Limnos - 3-1
I feel Limnos lack a bit of fire power up front. Bosna are really hard at the ball and have a couple of good players in the midfield.

Pumas vs Fulham 1-5
I really think its time for Fulham to step up in this game. They are a good solid side and I am a little surprised by their league position. Pumas were really shite against us, but apparently have improved. I think fulham should have the quality to score a lot past them.

Knights vs West Beach 2-2
Will be a great battle down south. Both teams need to win to try to keep up with the pack up top if they have even a sniff at promotion. Tough to call but a draw i rekon

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

East Boy wrote:
Bosna vs Limnos - 3-1
I feel Limnos lack a bit of fire power up front. Bosna are really hard at the ball and have a couple of good players in the midfield.
:shock:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Hey Bigpond hows it going, i now have the correct paperwork in place to stay in OZ and torment you. Fckin snow boarder took me out on both knees at Queenstown so the bad knee is blown big time. Anyway train well this week and tell the lads i am comin to get them. :lol:

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

And here's me thinking the Immigration mob are all Tims. I'll need to have a wee word :wink:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

What's up with my comment Glory Boy?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

East Boy wrote:What's up with my comment Glory Boy?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
only that the bottom team is your favourite to win

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

limnos b team ref to win away from home against bosna 3-1

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

and knight7 to get his 17 whinging moments during the second half :lol:

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

the petsa wrote:limnos b team ref to win away from home against bosna 3-1
For the benefit of us English speaking Australians...what does your flag say?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

the petsa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the petsa »

elladara = greece
omadara = team

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

For crying out loud Vista Bhoy, how can you say that when you know your lot cant read or write. I think you have a rent a mate who types on here for you.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Hey Bigpond hows it going, i now have the correct paperwork in place to stay in OZ and torment you. Fckin snow boarder took me out on both knees at Queenstown so the bad knee is blown big time. Anyway train well this week and tell the lads i am comin to get them. :lol:
expect to c u at training fri nite.

big game for both A's and B's on sunday.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

who cares about the fire power upfront!
the defence is shiraz awesome!
big dave in goals with legend killer and the new guy commanding the defence!

only a matter of time b4 king finds the net :wink:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

But you guys haven't scored much (15 goals) this year you gotta admit that!! And you've had 29 goals scored against you! Its hardly an awesome defense is it?? I think limnos need a reality check. :cry: :cry:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

glory boy wrote:
East Boy wrote:What's up with my comment Glory Boy?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The above post is my reasoning behind this. I think bosna was a much tougher game then against you blokes

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

East Boy wrote:But you guys haven't scored much (15 goals) this year you gotta admit that!! And you've had 29 goals scored against you! Its hardly an awesome defense is it?? I think limnos need a reality check. :cry: :cry:

with me back there i intend on things 2 change... u thought thought frances defence was gd in 98? wait 2 u c ours

defences win championships!

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

East Boy wrote:
glory boy wrote:
The above post is my reasoning behind this. I think bosna was a much tougher game then against you blokes
fair point. we have copped a lot of goals but thats due to conceeding 17 goals in 3 games without a keeper. Im sure ur gonna say excuses, excuses... but we perform a lot better when we have an actual keeper in.

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

with me back there i intend on things 2 change... u thought thought frances defence was gd in 98? wait 2 u c ours

PHE 21
Ingle Farm 20
Mod Vista 7
West Beach 17
South Knghts 21
Limnos 29
Fulham 18
Macedonia 24
Puma 38
Bosna 26

don't need to say much else do i, for once i agree, but will wait and see
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Na thats fair enough point glory boy. You really do need a keeper. Although it still shows lack of depth in the club if you only have 2 or 3 keepers!! Top divisions need a club with a good number of players and strong squads to contend with injuries and people being unavaliable. Good keepers are hard to come by, but really any keeper would be better than a field player.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

sweet mate productions wrote:with me back there i intend on things 2 change... u thought thought frances defence was gd in 98? wait 2 u c ours

PHE 21
Ingle Farm 20
Mod Vista 7
West Beach 17
South Knghts 21
Limnos 29
Fulham 18
Macedonia 24
Puma 38
Bosna 26

don't need to say much else do i, for once i agree, but will wait and see
I was once told by a very wise man; "If you don't score you cant win". No shite some of you say, but its quite relevant in this topic of conversation. I agree defense is crucial, but scoring wins you matches at the end of the day. How many times has your team been frustrated by a shite team by being held and not scoring. You either get one scored against you or draw. These results aren't good enough are they.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

I agree east boy, there's no use having a good defence if you can't score but at the same time your never going to struggle in a league if no one can score against you. Having said that it gets harder every week in defence as we know that one goal could cost us but then again we hold on and one goal can win it for us, its been interesting from the back lines but we know when push comes to shove we can usually scrape a goal (or 3 :lol: :lol: thats only happened twice, do you remember 1 of them)
History shows that when we do actually get scored against it fires us up to get one back, but if you don't score 1st we'll wait til the last kick of the game, just for the suspense :)
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

agreed also scoring wins game, like the saying whoever first at the end will win for sure, have a look at Italy in world cup, had 1 goal, which was an own goal, b4 all the penalties scored against them up until the final, the only goals scored against them for whole tournament were all penalties bar one, an own goal. they may have scored a few goals however no team scored against them in normal play, bar from the spot
Definition of Cheating &

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

East Boy wrote:But you guys haven't scored much (15 goals) this year you gotta admit that!! And you've had 29 goals scored against you! Its hardly an awesome defense is it?? I think limnos need a reality check. :cry: :cry:
Pointless exercise, any check from Limnos would bounce. :wink:

With the exception of Southern Knights (considering they finished fourth last year) all the teams that have come up from Div 3 have disappointed and added nothing to Div 2.

Little (MUFC) Boy are you a killa defender? Fully sik tackles re.

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

Giacinto Facchetti wrote:
Pointless exercise, any check from Limnos would bounce. :wink:

With the exception of Southern Knights (considering they finished fourth last year) all the teams that have come up from Div 3 have disappointed and added nothing to Div 2.

Little (MUFC) Boy are you a killa defender? Fully sik tackles re.
Div 2 is very competitive. Most teams that get promoted usually expect a difficult season the following year. This year is no exception. Anyone in this div can win on their day.

The Legend Killer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Legend Killer »

Giacinto Facchetti wrote: Little (MUFC) Boy are you a killa defender? Fully sik tackles re.
MUFCBOY has stepped up this year and has been an excellent player for us in particular in recent weeks. Under my guidance MUFCBOY could become a very important player for the club.