a happy,nice and related to am league topic

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

a happy,nice and related to am league topic

Post by BULLDOG »

ok here's one for eveyone.

of all the teams you've played thus far,and including pre-season games,who do you rate as the best team.

please state if it was pre-season or in the league or cup.

it would be interesting how that team is going.

vista played AVmetro's in a pre-season game and lost 2-0 if think it was,and most that played them thought they were the best team we've come up against in the last few years,their passing and movement was a joy to watch(sort of) and having seen them play i thought they would romp div 1 in.

downs were also a good side and we played rather well against them but i think they have picked up alot of new faces since then.
Last edited by BULLDOG on Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onoir diomasack

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

agreed and it also funny to see that what is rated are near opposite sides of table, i rate ingle farms delivery of the ball, the way they work from defence to attack as a massive threat, all over park no weakness's.
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

First time we played Ingle Farm they were very good, not sure if they lost players, lost confidence or we improved the second time - also our pitch is starting to struggle so not sure if that was a factor

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

We have played some real tough games this year. But to say that one team was better than another, its hard to pick one. I don't think anyone we have played has played really good football. I know its amatuer leauge too, so i'd have to say probably Farm for the first 30 minutes against us. Almost every game we have played in we have played some decent teams, but they all play for 20mins here and there. Playing div 1 last year was much tougher. The teams play for almost the whole game and you cant let up or you'll loose. Too many teams in this league let you back into the game, which make it easy for you if your a good side. We have had games this year which we could have lost, but then the other side either has no fitness or we dig deep and force the win. I am very interested to see who everyone rates, coz every game is different.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

The Limnos C team are a tough lot, superbly marshalled by their coach/ref/best player O Dialos

:lol:

O DIALOS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by O DIALOS »

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
tha se klaso

Stretch
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stretch »

Doesn't necessarily always win you matches, but the best footballing sides I've seen in reserves this year are Limnos, Fulham and West Beach. Knights seem to have an uncanny knack of being outplayed for the entire 90 minutes, but still win matches :?

Barnicle bill
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barnicle bill »

THE JETS HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Stretch wrote:Doesn't necessarily always win you matches, but the best footballing sides I've seen in reserves this year are Limnos, Fulham and West Beach. Knights seem to have an uncanny knack of being outplayed for the entire 90 minutes, but still win matches :?
That's a bit harsh! We have been outplayed by Fulham and Ingle Farm at home (in reserves) and won - which I freely admitted both times -due mainly to poor finishing. Having said that we should have beaten Vista at home and Bosna away so it's evened itself out

PS This is supposed to be a nice subject talk about the good teams not that bad ones like ---

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

noarlunga united had a heap of skillful players. though a bit soft in the tackle department. av metro outplayed us for most of the game but just couldnt score goals.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

from a reserve perspective over the years
but the most competent reserve team thats faced us has been salisbury inter,

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight7 wrote:
Stretch wrote:Doesn't necessarily always win you matches, but the best footballing sides I've seen in reserves this year are Limnos, Fulham and West Beach. Knights seem to have an uncanny knack of being outplayed for the entire 90 minutes, but still win matches :?
That's a bit harsh! We have been outplayed by Fulham and Ingle Farm at home (in reserves) and won - which I freely admitted both times -due mainly to poor finishing. Having said that we should have beaten Vista at home and Bosna away so it's evened itself out

PS This is supposed to be a nice subject talk about the good teams not that bad ones like ---
Well you would have beaten Vista if you kept your legs closed Knight.... :lol:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Happy Kopite wrote:
Knight7 wrote:

Now I will say this one last time I WASN'T PLAYING THEN NOT THAT I WOULD HAVE DONE ANY BETTER!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight7 wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
Knight7 wrote:

Now I will say this one last time I WASN'T PLAYING THEN NOT THAT I WOULD HAVE DONE ANY BETTER!
Are you sure. I thought you were in goal for the B's that day and came on for the A's (No 7)?? Well if that wasn't you, then I have no idea who you are!!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Happy Kopite wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
Knight7 wrote:

Are you sure. I thought you were in goal for the B's that day and came on for the A's (No 7)?? Well if that wasn't you, then I have no idea who you are!!

Number 7 in the B's player coach but cabernet at both! came on in the B's with about 20 to go