From the Div 1 Player of the Year Winner

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

From the Div 1 Player of the Year Winner

Post by Jay Walking »

Chris Ennis just texted me and asked if I could put this on the net for him

"Congratulations to Elizabeth Vale on a fantastic year, looking forward to our tough games next year. Also congratulations to Chris Nichols on a great year being top goal scorer and polling well. I always look forward to playing against him, he's a top quality player and maybe should of won given the year the Vale had. I was just as surprised with winning and thought I had a much better year last year but its still nice to get the recognition despite what others think. Thanks to that supporter from the Vale (Tonksy) who called me Captain Fat muscat, he told me when we played at the Vale I'd win the league award. I owe him a beer next season. Oh I'm working in the off season to try to change that nickname for next year"

He also wanted to thank the club president for been his inspiration all year :lol:

Nicely said by the great man and it is truely a pleasure having him and his family at our club. Very hard worker, demands effort from everyone and earns their respect but giving his all. I also thought he was better last season but he was fairly consistent all season. Big year for him to with the birth of his first born, a son!!

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: From the Div 1 Player of the Year Winner

Post by Mr X »

That must have been one huge text message, but perfectly said by a great captain, who leads by example, communicates extremely well and interacts with all players at the club regardless of what team the play in or are picked in.

Congrats Chris

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

Jay Walking wrote: He also wanted to thank the club president for been his inspiration all year :lol:
You mean D*ck Cheney don't you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go old Chris, always humble... for anyone that knows and has played with Chris would say he is a worthy winner and about time.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Perhaps now he will get into the state team !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are reading this Eric :mrgreen:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mr X wrote:That must have been one huge text message, but perfectly said by a great captain, who leads by example, communicates extremely well and interacts with all players at the club regardless of what team the play in or are picked in.

Congrats Chris
Oh yeah, it was. Had to sit down to read it :D

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Shaken Not Stirred wrote:
Jay Walking wrote: He also wanted to thank the club president for been his inspiration all year :lol:
You mean D*ck Cheney don't you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go old Chris, always humble... for anyone that knows and has played with Chris would say he is a worthy winner and about time.
Didn't grenache Cheney shoot his best mate in a hunting accident. Watch out Squiddy :lol:

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

Sorry, No State team next season, heard from the horses mouth presentation night, and well done to Chris Ennis and Chris Nicholls. I was Sitting second till round 12 then we didn't win a game and you guessed it, didn't get a point after that :( . oh well, next season maybe.
Big boutso in golo!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Congratulations to C.E., a very good player and captain.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

M Andrea wrote:Sorry, No State team next season, heard from the horses mouth presentation night, and well done to Chris Ennis and Chris Nicholls. I was Sitting second till round 12 then we didn't win a game and you guessed it, didn't get a point after that :( . oh well, next season maybe.
You weren't lucky enough to win it ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

:D :D :D :D Good one!
Big boutso in golo!

JWA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JWA »

Whatever................. he might be a good bloke, but to think he has to post a thank you speech on a website means maybe he thinks he is a bit more important than he really is.
"I am so smart, I am so smart s-m-r-t....... I mean s-m-a-r-t" Homer J Simpson

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

JWA wrote:Whatever................. he might be a good bloke, but to think he has to post a thank you speech on a website means maybe he thinks he is a bit more important than he really is.
How would you like him to make his speech then?

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by tickets4cheese »

Jay Walking wrote:
JWA wrote:Whatever................. he might be a good bloke, but to think he has to post a thank you speech on a website means maybe he thinks he is a bit more important than he really is.
How would you like him to make his speech then?
i think he's trying to say he shouldn't have made a speech. maybe
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - King Eric

http://www.parahillseastsoccerclub.com/

Dallas Crane
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Dallas Crane »

Congratulations big man, you would have definately would have polled 3 votes when you played us at Mofflin Road, and also must have picked up a s**t load more along the way, went down to the wire shame you werent there, you were the stand out player in your team, as the votes showed.
Well done to all other winners
"We all play better after a few beers"
-Jeff Thompson.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

i think he's trying to say he shouldn't have made a speech. maybe[/quote]

winning the thing should be a speech in itself :roll:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Alain Prost
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Alain Prost »

redfred wrote: winning the thing should be a speech in itself :roll:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

So he shouldnt express his thanks to people who have thanked him? Or say congratulations to people like Dallas Crane who had a great season?

mightyreds
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mightyreds »

I actually think its a very nice gesture of Chris congratulating other players etc.

Why turn sthing around like that when there was no need to say he thinks he better than he really is by saying a few words...you really are a chardonnay mate & need to take a good look at yourself.

Congratulations on a great year Chris.
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

JWA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JWA »

I'm just saying that if you think you need to post a thank you speech on a forum then I think that is a bit over the top. Congratulations to the man and it sounds like he might be a nice fella (judging from comments from other people)..........

But don't bother asking someone to post a speech on a forum, just make your speech on the night and thank the people you want via phone/face to face.

Or bring it up again and post a speech on a forum and wait for all the mushy mushy replys with people telling you how good you are!!!!!
"I am so smart, I am so smart s-m-r-t....... I mean s-m-a-r-t" Homer J Simpson

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

He wasn't able to make it on the night due to family commitments. It was more to Chris Nichols as he has a lot of respect for him and to Tonksy for the words he had with him after the Vale game. Given that he didnt have the opportunity to say something, he wanted to here.

Don't read it if you dont want to.

TONKSY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TONKSY »

congratulations captain fat ass . like dallas said you were the stand out player when we played you . and deserve all the rewards . i cant belive the crankers coming on here and bagging you out for paying homage to other players from other clubs that you would not have there phone numbers . but jay will always have your back . you,ve got a great committe and coaching staff down there at the farm and will be a force for sometime to come . all the best . dont go loosing to much wieght or i,ll have to come up with a new nick name and thats brain draining for an old fart like me .

hey jay would like to pick your brain if i could maybe swan as well
i know its not much in div 8 but me and my son won father/son league title this year at the vale and was wondering what sort of elite group we have joined. can anyone let me know of any other father/son league title winners.
Cheers Tonksy EVSC

lets av it.......

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Yeh congrats to the big fella well in,
nothing wrong with thanking a few peoples that didn't get to on the night.

JWA get a big black dog up ya :wink: