Sunday results 07/09/08

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sunday results 07/09/08

Post by safehands »

Statto11 wrote:Please note i made no mention of any shots on target, if our shots were on target then like i said it would have been all over by half time. I only stated that we played you off the park (which it seems you agree with in saying that we controlled the game more). Its all about putting the ball in the net and we didnt manage to do that. And from memory our keeper wasnt troubled either.
Hmm maybe if your shots were on target, you may have troubled me. But to be honest after seeing the quality of your forwards, I doubt you would have actually scored. I do agree you guys played better than us on the park, but that was only one game and considering you only managed to win 5 games all season I would say that if you had won it would have been a lucky win against a team who, as the seasons results had shown, were better most of the season.

Anyway it is all history now, and I wish you guys all the best for next yr. Hopefully you can rebuild and come back stronger in 2010
'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES
'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

table says it all
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

safehands wrote:
Statto11 wrote:Please note i made no mention of any shots on target, if our shots were on target then like i said it would have been all over by half time. I only stated that we played you off the park (which it seems you agree with in saying that we controlled the game more). Its all about putting the ball in the net and we didnt manage to do that. And from memory our keeper wasnt troubled either.
Hmm maybe if your shots were on target, you may have troubled me. But to be honest after seeing the quality of your forwards, I doubt you would have actually scored. I do agree you guys played better than us on the park, but that was only one game and considering you only managed to win 5 games all season I would say that if you had won it would have been a lucky win against a team who, as the seasons results had shown, were better most of the season.

Anyway it is all history now, and I wish you guys all the best for next yr. Hopefully you can rebuild and come back stronger in 2010
Good points and im not begrudging you your position on the table because it does show that you were the better team over the season. Just saying it how i saw it on the day. Oh and one of those 5 games that we won was against you guys when we played you at home earlier in the season :wink:

We played two great games against you guys and hopefully you can move upwards next year and really push the Downs & Farms reserves for the title next year.

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by safehands »

Statto11 wrote:Good points and im not begrudging you your position on the table because it does show that you were the better team over the season. Just saying it how i saw it on the day. Oh and one of those 5 games that we won was against you guys when we played you at home earlier in the season :wink:

We played two great games against you guys and hopefully you can move upwards next year and really push the Downs & Farms reserves for the title next year.
Just for the record, I was playing C's back then so I will have to take your word on that. Yep bring on 2009 and hopefully we will be able to take it to the dominant 2 teams, plus inter will be back with force.
'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

safehands wrote:
Statto11 wrote:Good points and im not begrudging you your position on the table because it does show that you were the better team over the season. Just saying it how i saw it on the day. Oh and one of those 5 games that we won was against you guys when we played you at home earlier in the season :wink:

Just for the record, I was playing C's back then so I will have to take your word on that. Yep bring on 2009 and hopefully we will be able to take it to the dominant 2 teams, plus inter will be back with force.
Hope your right about Inter's reserves. We have had some titanic games against them over recent years, they always seemed to get the better of us. Last year when we played them though they had really dropped off and we beat them quite convincingly over the two games. But im pretty sure Brad has recruited well this season and they arent anything like they were then because even though we won it wasnt like playing Inter's reserves of old. Its always better to have a good competitive game rather than a stroll in the park.

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by safehands »

Statto11 wrote: Hope your right about Inter's reserves. We have had some titanic games against them over recent years, they always seemed to get the better of us. Last year when we played them though they had really dropped off and we beat them quite convincingly over the two games. But im pretty sure Brad has recruited well this season and they arent anything like they were then because even though we won it wasnt like playing Inter's reserves of old. Its always better to have a good competitive game rather than a stroll in the park.
We always have great games with them, even more so considering we share the same park. From what I saw both Inter's A's & B's looked quite good. Will be good to play them again.