Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...with pics

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...without pics or bias.

Post by Missing Post Count »

sacred_june (GrooveChild) wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:as if I missed this game... anything else interesting happen?

aaaaaand swansong, bit hard to be without pics and bias after you already posted the pics and ur bias. :clown:

After the game we made Sawnsong a Life Member although we still haven't worked out who he is! :wink:
i met him after the game, i'll point him out to you next time we play eachother.... but first i've got to work out who you are..... :)
He's the one with the handbags... ask their coach :D

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...without pics or bias.

Post by Knight7 »

[

After the game we made Sawnsong a Life Member although we still haven't worked out who he is! :wink: [/quote]

i met him after the game, i'll point him out to you next time we play eachother.... but first i've got to work out who you are..... :) [/quote]

He's the one with the handbags... ask their coach :D[/quote]

Stop that Bodo or i'll slap you very roughly!

P.S. Most of the Raptors boys know me

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...with pics

Post by swannsong »

post # 4902
swannsong wrote:I somehow think that Knights and Raptors will be up against each other again next season ?
Let the tradition continue !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Look forward to the pictures ! :lol:

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Look forward to the pictures ! :lol:
Look forward to another 6 points :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

COLOSSUS wrote:

All season :wink:

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Knight7 wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love the banter hey Knight7. I did mean 6 points off you guys of course, after all, the Raptors did put 9 past you last season :wink:

Must say though, that 2nd game was a cracker at your ground. That was nail biting stuff, bt apparently it was too verbal for our mate swanny. Hopefullywe can keep the language down this year, shouldnt let our passion or emotions get the better of us :wink:

Good luck this season mate :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote: Look forward to another 6 points :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love the banter hey Knight7. I did mean 6 points off you guys of course, after all, the Raptors did put 9 past you last season :wink:

Must say though, that 2nd game was a cracker at your ground. That was nail biting stuff, bt apparently it was too verbal for our mate swanny. Hopefullywe can keep the language down this year, shouldnt let our passion or emotions get the better of us :wink:

Good luck this season mate :D
It was quiet enough for me later in the second half, but then again I'm biased !

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Good luck this season mate :D[/quote]
It was quiet enough for me later in the second half, but then again I'm biased ![/quote]

Yes we were really upset when that nasty man told us off - although he got to shower all on his own

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Knight7 wrote:Yes we were really upset when that nasty man told us off - although he got to shower all on his own
Me too, i cant believe that player of yours sent off in the 1st half would be so nasty to his own people, not to mention he didnt have the decency to shake some hands after the game and carried on at the bar like a pork chop :wink:

Oh well, looks like the Raptors v Southern Knights derbies will be even more hotly contested this year :D

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote: It was quiet enough for me later in the second half, but then again I'm biased !
"later" - and your bias continues :oops: :!: :!: :!:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

COLOSSUS wrote:
swannsong wrote:It was quiet enough for me later in the second half, but then again I'm biased !

Image + Image = Image = :oops:
COLOSSUS wrote:but then again, denial hasnt always been easy to admit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Sorry I couldn't resist !

swannsong wrote:Image + Image = Image = :oops:
I saw those at Fulham :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Sorry I couldn't resist !

Post by Bomber »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
swannsong wrote:Image + Image = Image = :oops:
I saw those at Fulham :lol:
I saw them on the question game............
Ignore this signature

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

COLOSSUS wrote: the Raptors did put 9 past you last season :wink:
it was actually 10, we put 10 goals past them last season.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:

one was an own goal :wink:

and last year is now officially over

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Knight7 wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

and last year is now officially over
so does the own goal go to your team or the opposition team?

either way, i knew it wouldnt take you too long to bite Knight7 ;)

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

it was actually 10, we put 10 goals past them last season.[/quote]

and last year is now officially over[/quote]

Yes but only cause i'm a fat sherry :wink:

either way, i knew it wouldnt take you too long to bite Knight7 ;)[/quote]

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

and last year is now officially over[/quote]

either way, i knew it wouldnt take you too long to bite Knight7 ;)[/quote]

P.S. do you still practice your dives at training or just leave them till matchdays? :wink:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Knight7, originiality was always your strong point... but I'm struggling to understand what you being a fat sherry has to do with the own goal? I don't think your a fat sherry...

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:
swannsong wrote:It was quiet enough for me later in the second half, but then again I'm biased !

Image + Image = Image = :oops:
COLOSSUS wrote:but then again, denial hasnt always been easy to admit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only desparate people need to take a quote from an unrelated topic to justify themselves in another. However, just for the record swanny, i never denied the 2 yellows and the red in that game, so where your going with this latest post im not really sure, nor do i really care. But if you would like to assasinate my character, youd better be prepared for a long hard battle which you will lose, that i can guarantee you pal :wink:
Also, let truth be known, that we were 2 nil down, and came back to take the lead 3-2 before the 2nd yellow and red were shown. Of course, those facts dont rate a mention, the game isnt about scores, its about yellows and reds :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your the one that should be :oops: swanny :!: :!: :!:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Only desparate people need to take a quote from an unrelated topic to justify themselves in another. However, just for the record swanny, i never denied the 2 yellows and the red in that game, so where your going with this latest post im not really sure, nor do i really care. But if you would like to assasinate my character, youd better be prepared for a long hard battle which you will lose, that i can guarantee you pal :wink:
Also, let truth be known, that we were 2 nil down, and came back to take the lead 3-2 before the 2nd yellow and red were shown. Of course, those facts dont rate a mention, the game isnt about scores, its about yellows and reds :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your the one that should be :oops: swanny :!: :!: :!:
Just grow up for once :!: , not justifying myself :o , no character assassination required :arrow: on my part :| , you do a fine job on your own :lol: :lol: :lol: .
All the crap you spout because I posted this reply.........
No names mentioned at all....... :idea:
I think you need the extra 30 minutes of sleep you missed last night :( :( :(

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote: Just grow up for once :!: , not justifying myself :o , no character assassination required :arrow: on my part :| , you do a fine job on your own :lol: :lol: :lol: .
All the crap you spout because I posted this reply.........
No names mentioned at all....... :idea:
I think you need the extra 30 minutes of sleep you missed last night :( :( :(
Mate, before you tell someone else to grow up, look yourself in the mirror :wink:
If you the one thats going to deny what you meant by both of your posts, then your an idiot. As far as my character goes pal, lets just say that i need not prove anything. I have half a billion dollars of gear to look after, so you are right, i do a mighty fine job according to the people that hire me :wink:
But like i say, if you have the need to character assasinate, be my guest, one way or another, you will lose, thats fact 8)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Let's take a trip back in time to refresh everone and COLOSSUS what this is about...
As a spectator with no allegiance to either Club (although I do have an interest in the O'Sullivan Beach Sports and Community Centre venue..from a community and Council perspective) I wrote the following match review with 27 photos..with one picture showing the Raptors no. 18 walking from the park after his dismissal. Due to my unfamiliarity with most players, I usually talk about the atmosphere of games I report on and didn't mention any names from either side in this report.........(I've highlighted the offending elements in red.)
swannsong wrote: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)

Link to all Southern Knights v Raptors photos

I popped round the corner to watch this Sunday Division 2 encounter and hesitated writing my thoughts about the game.
Last year I witnessed the same fixture toward the end of the season ended with the same score 2-3 to Raptors, thanks to a non-goal that was awarded after passing through a hole in the side netting. Also last season both teams had a sniff at promotion but missed out in end.
As a neutral spectator I thought the attitude and behaviour of one Raptors player (no 18 ) influenced the atmosphere of the game. Accusing the Knights Club linesman of cheating, gesturing and swearing at spectators and the linesman on several occasions, and seemingly intimidating the Referee. He was eventually sent off midway through the second half for a verbal outburst. Unfortunately this "bad egg" in the Raptors nest continued on after his dismissal and a situation was calmed before it erupted.
Apart from that, the game was hard fought with Southern Knights, kicking into a fairly strong Easterly wind, going a goal ahead after about 10 minutes and stretched the lead to 2-0 when a bouncing ball was misjudged by Raptors keeper.
Southern Knights lost a player for a second yellow offence but it stayed 2-0 to half time and the Referee was questioned for quite a while by Raptors Club linesman about some of his decisions.
After half time Raptors began to string together more passes and utilized the extra man to break down Knights defence and scored 2 reasonable quick goals to level the score at 2-2.
Knights had their opportunities to regain the lead and very rarely looked to be a man down, but Raptors pounced on the counter attack and took the lead 2-3.
I thought neither team deserved to come away from the game without a point and a draw would have been a fair result.
Although there was a little aggro between the two sides it was good to see a few of the Raptors pop into the Clubrooms for a drink and a bit of a chat.
I somehow think that Knights and Raptors will be up against each other again next season ?
After some criticism about mentioning too much about COLOSSUS's friend, no18, I edited my report thus...and removed the picture of his mate walking from the park after being sent off..........(Once again I've highlighted the offending elements in red.)

swannsong wrote:Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)

Link to all Southern Knights v Raptors photos

I popped round the corner to watch this Sunday Division 2 encounter and hesitated writing my thoughts about the game.
Last year I witnessed the same fixture toward the end of the season ended with the same score 2-3 to Raptors, thanks to a non-goal that was awarded after passing through a hole in the side netting. Also last season both teams had a sniff at promotion but missed out in end.
As a neutral spectator I thought the attitude and behaviour of one Raptors player influenced the atmosphere of the game.
Apart from that
, the game was hard fought with Southern Knights, kicking into a fairly strong Easterly wind, going a goal ahead after about 10 minutes and stretched the lead to 2-0 when a bouncing ball was misjudged by Raptors keeper.
Southern Knights deservedly lost a player for a second yellow offence but it stayed 2-0 to half time and the Referee was questioned for quite a while by Raptors Club linesman about some of his decisions.
After half time Raptors began to string together more passes and utilized the extra man to break down Knights defence and scored 2 reasonable quick goals to level the score at 2-2.
Knights had their opportunities to regain the lead and very rarely looked to be a man down, but Raptors pounced on the counter attack and took the lead 2-3.
I thought neither team deserved to come away from the game without a point and a draw would have been a fair result.
Although there was a little aggro between the two sides it was good to see a few of the Raptors pop into the Clubrooms for a drink and a bit of a chat.
I somehow think that Knights and Raptors will be up against each other again next season ?
Then COLOSSUS as a spectator wrote this assessment of the game and of my opinions.....(I've highlighted in black some words that I never used in my original or edited reports)
COLOSSUS wrote:Swanny, im actually dissapointed with your asessment of the game as a whole. Would of thought that as a neutral, as you claimed to be, you wouldnt be so one sided.

Is there a need to harp on No.18??? The game that i watched, i saw 18 as a passionate player who displayed some pretty good skills. Not once did have a bad word to say to any of his opposition players on the park and maybe you should ask the guys defending him, since they were next to him all game. Not once did he lay a bad challenge and i think of all the players on both sides was the only one that didnt give a free kick away for foul play but no mention of this by you!!!
He scored a wonderful goal to level at 2-2, but once again, no mention of this by you.

According to you, he abused the SK linesman on several occassions??? Yes, i will agree with you on that, and of the 4 times he was judged to be offside, only the first one was he offside, so i guess his frustration with that linesman was obvious, and the fact he doesnt like people that cheat probably had something to do with his reactions towards the SKs club official.

You also go on to say that his behaviour towards the SK crowd was disgusting. From where i was standing, he never verbally opened his mouth to them, and only made 2 gestures at them. Once when he scored the equalizer and then the 2nd time when Raptors took the lead which were early to mid 2nd half. What you havent mentioned is the fact that the SK crowd were giving him shiiiite from 10 minutes into the 1st half and continued to giving him shiiiite right up until he was sent off. He took it pretty well i thought, and in my opinion gave them those 2 gestures when indeed they were at their quietest and most vulnerable, that is when he scored the equalizer, and indeed when they went 3-2 up, perfect timing i would of thought and something any player in his position would of done given the amount of flak he copped from them.

On the last point, you say he continued to abuse people after he was sent off??? If thats not further from the truth, then ill never post on this site again. Again, your views of this are blurred by maybe your camera lens, or maybe that you are pro SK even though you state you are a neutral. When he was sent off, he walked off the park and then was verbally abused by a male who went out of his way to walk out of the Panthers clubrooms and start on him. 18 then reacted as anyone would and gave him a serving right back. The only reason those "cool heads" as you mention didnt start anything is because they knew who started it, and it was one of their own. Of course, you wouldnt know that swanny because you were too busy taking snap shots and hopefully from a camera with a Carl Zeiss lens :wink:
(note -I actually witnessed the whole off-field situation from ~15 metres away)

The game itself was end to end action, and i agree a draw would of been a fair result. Some rough challenges from the SK players and some verbal abuse from the Raptors players made for an entertaining day at O'Sullivans beach. The crowd had the last laugh with No18 but his Raptors team had the final laugh of the day. That would of been a fairer way to describe the game swanny :D
So according to COLOSSUS, a fairer way to describe the game would have been to write 5 paragraphs on the prowess, skill and polite way in which the said red carded Raptor player performed. Rather than the one short paragraph on the same said player's behaviour (which I reduced to one sentence in the edited review).
The report was followed by plenty of banter (some serious some jovial) between Southern Knights and Raptors and I received several PM's from Raptors forumites saying that they believed my report was reasonable and described the game atmosphere fairly.
To coincide with several PM's jumping onto the "swannsong bias" bandwagon set in motion by COLOSSUS (even a few who weren't at the game?).
Apparently behind the scenes there were some unsavoury words uttered by a Knights player which saw another area of the debate erupt (but that's another story).
At least when I reviewed the Southern Knights v Pontians (link) Cup game ealier in the season, Theo Anastasiou took his dismissal photo on the chin and have a mate running to his defence and telling me I was assassinating his character.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

and to think Swansong there are people out there with real problems, in the real world... your on footballnews ranting and raving over a match report you wrote half a year ago that no one cares about.... its funny, makes me laugh, not with you, but at you.

Heres a tip - its an internet forum, no one really cares. stop making a fool of yourself.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:and to think Swansong there are people out there with real problems, in the real world... your on footballnews ranting and raving over a match report you wrote half a year ago that no one cares about.... its funny, makes me laugh, not with you, but at you.

Heres a tip - its an internet forum, no one really cares. stop making a fool of yourself.

I think you will find Collosus brought the whole thing back up and it appears quite a few people do care as you guys went crazy over the "neutral report"

The old saying goes 'it take two to tango" - so if you feel that way, you could have a go at Collosus as well, he seems to be the one banging on about it -or were you being a bit biased? :lol:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Knight7 wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:and to think Swansong there are people out there with real problems, in the real world... your on footballnews ranting and raving over a match report you wrote half a year ago that no one cares about.... its funny, makes me laugh, not with you, but at you.

I think you will find Collosus brought the whole thing back up and it appears quite a few people do care as you guys went crazy over the "neutral report"

The old saying goes 'it take two to tango" - so if you feel that way, you could have a go at Collosus as well, he seems to be the one banging on about it -or were you being a bit biased? :lol:
it does take two to tango... but I feel sorry for swansong, I mean look at the complexity of his posts compared to COLOSSUS!

COLOSSUS is just cabernet stirring with little comments, where as swansong puts together multiple quotes from differnt threads, finds pictures on the net of yellow and red cards and that... you know how much time and effort that takes?!? you could almost say the bloke needs to get a l...

I just find it hilarious... and its not really bias cos 1. I wasn't at the game (how you must have missed me hey Knight7?) and 2. I don't even know who COLOSSUS is!!! Although obviously I am bias towards anything Raptors... can't help that can we Knight7?

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

LFTWNG11 wrote:I don't even know who COLOSSUS is!!!
Are you serious?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:I don't even know who COLOSSUS is!!!
Are you serious?
Am I supposed to?