Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...with pics

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)....with pics.

Post by Sharp Shooter »

Seriously, Knight7, all this whinging and crying......... its a shiraz game, u lost, deal with it. Your team is crapiola..... Colossus, ur observations were spot on. I was there too. I thought the 18 was by far best on ground. He's a tough unit.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Sharp Shooter wrote:Seriously, Knight7, all this whinging and crying......... its a shiraz game, u lost, deal with it. Your team is crapiola..... Colossus, ur observations were spot on. I was there too. I thought the 18 was by far best on ground. He's a tough unit.

Lol, ok now your either sleeping with number 18 or you are number 18 but well done made me laugh

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

Your kinda right Knight7. I have no ties to the Raptors, colossus made me say that shyt. I'm with the better greek team, out of the western suburbs. Its just we have tried to get Colossus for years, but he wont come over.

Truth is, we dont have enough room in the dressing room, GE's ego just takes up way too much room, along with his muscular physic!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4714
Last edited by swannsong on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

swannsong wrote: sacred_june (GrooveChild) - I know you had a few issues with a certain Southern Knights player as you informed me after the game. However, I find it a little disappointing that you find it necessary to drag the divisive racist card into your comments. You never mentioned any racist comments when we chatted immediately after the game. Fair enough, I don't know what was said or what "deliberate malicious" intentions any Knights player may have had. Maybe he thought your intentions were "deliberate and malicious", who knows. The player you talk about walked off the park with his head down and quietly. He received a card and send off for his actions, so injured face and injured pride and like Knight7 suggested, probably not in a great frame of mind.
Well, even though i didnt mention it to you in the clubrooms, it was said. and i simply listed it amongst the list of other things this particular player did. Speaking of disappointments, How disappointing that after the game, he still couldn't shake my hand. I never called Southern Knights as a club racist or anything like that, just called that particular SK player a sad stereotypical "dont-like-foreigners" person.

I was born in this country and don't deserve racist comments, nor does any of my teammates OR anybody playing football on a Sunday arvo.

Besides this player, i was praising Southern Knights' efforts and advances over the last few years. I like the club, think they are heading in the right direction, and i thought they were very hospitable after the game. Ask anyone in my team, i was very impressed and full of respect for the club. Every time i head down there something has been upgraded or changed for the better. It really was just a shame that one player ruined it for his club.
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

colon clenser wrote:yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Come on colon, dont be like that. Your still upset at swanny taking a photo of ur bad side.... I would like to know which side is which :lol: :lol:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4715
medallion wrote:
colon clenser wrote:yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Come on colon, dont be like that. Your still upset at swanny taking a photo of ur bad side.... I would like to know which side is which :lol: :lol:
Seems like my photography might be one-sided too !

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

I have been reading some of the comments on this forum and have tried to ignore some of them, but I feel that I cannot do this any longer. There is a great deal of crap being posted in relation to this topic from someone who was not on the ground and was oblivious to what was actually happening.
Firstly, I would like to start of by saying that it is time that Matty hung up his boots and did not return to the game until he is ready to play soccer again rather than trying to break someones leg. Secondly, the Southern Knights player that was sent off seems to have escaped the wrath of this forum for his actions both on & off the field. He deserved to be sent off and in fact was lucky that this did not occur 10 minutes earlier, he also wasn't interested in playing soccer. Thirdly, I feel that No 18 for Raptors did play a great game until he was sent off. He was not dirty with any of his challenges and is only guilty of not being able to control his mouth. The club has addressed this with him and he knows he has to work on this. He is a very gifted player, but lets himself down with his emotions, he is going to be a huge loss for us against Vista.
The Southern Knights player that was sent off tried to start trouble with various Raptors players after the game, I recall walking to the changerooms minding my own business to take a shower, then I hear "you f@#$in wog", my response " get over it mate, it is only a game" his response " what? you wanna go?" quite tough with his 3 mates hanging around him. Had this been the eighties, I may have been quite offended by this comment, but fortunately my race has come along way since then and is not easily offended when someone states the obvious. This guy is an absolute tool and should be the focus of this topic, not No 18. By the way, Matty actually received two yellow cards on the day and was never sent off, how do I know this? both fouls were comitted on me and I can still feel them. That is all I have to say.

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

On Holiday you're a grenache. Fat Mat might be fat but he was still a better player than most of the others out there.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4724
swannsong wrote:Once again in summary...I thought it was a balanced, hard fought game with tackles no harder/or more malicious than I've witnessed in more than 400 games as a senior player, 150 games as a senior referee and ~250 games as a spectator at any Sunday/Saturday Amateur Division 1, 2, 3 etc. games.
As I said previously , the one blemish (from a father and spectator perspective) of the afternoon, was the behaviour of the said player toward the linesman and general public.
My brief review, offered as an introduction to the photographs, was not in any way an attack on ISC Raptors, but an expression that certain behaviour does not help create a good environment for "volunteer" linesmen and spectators.
As I did not hear nor witness, any racial taunts or comments, or feel any of the "career ending" tackles, I cannot and did not comment on them.
My brief review of the game was based on what I saw as a spectator without any allegience to either club.
So I'll do Raptors a big favour and remove all my comments because obviously they are all biased and unfounded.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote:post # 4724
swannsong wrote:Once again in summary...I thought it was a balanced, hard fought game with tackles no harder/or more malicious than I've witnessed in more than 400 games as a senior player, 150 games as a senior referee and ~250 games as a spectator at any Sunday/Saturday Amateur Division 1, 2, 3 etc. games.
As I said previously , the one blemish (from a father and spectator perspective) of the afternoon, was the behaviour of the said player toward the linesman and general public.
My brief review, offered as an introduction to the photographs, was not in any way an attack on ISC Raptors, but an expression that certain behaviour does not help create a good environment for "volunteer" linesmen and spectators.
As I did not hear nor witness, any racial taunts or comments, or feel any of the "career ending" tackles, I cannot and did not comment on them.
My brief review of the game was based on what I saw as a spectator without any allegience to either club.
So I'll do Raptors a big favour and remove all my comments because obviously they are all biased and unfounded.
Swanny, i dont think its the fact that your comments seemed to biased, i think its the fact that the better part of your post/s were directed at one player, Raptors No18. Most of us think it is unfair to direct your comments at 1 player when that player did a pretty good job whilst he was on the park, didnt lay a bad, malicious or stupid challenge all game, and helped get Raptors back in the game. Also to say he was abusive to the general public is hypocritical when all he did was make 2 gestures to that public who abused him for 95% of the time he spent on the park. Maybe you should meet our No18 in person and spend 1 day with him, and then report back to us what you think of him as a person.

Thats all most of us are saying 8)
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

its pretty piss weak to call Matty from southern knights that type of name..yes from what i have seen he is a phyiscal player but not dirty ... same also for the player sent off... maybe some of the ISC players need the Harden the F^&K up pills.. plse dont play the racial card ... that is poor effort ...

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Southern Knights (2) ISC Raptors (3)...without pics or bias.

Post by Knight7 »

I know both Matty and the player who was sent off both read this forum and it says a lot for them that they haven't responded to the attacks from the Raptors guys who typically were to gutless to say anything on the day.

I read with interest some very similar comments after you played Croatia -

On one hand you say how good the referee was and on the other you say how many "dirty" tackles our guys made!!!!

Then you play the racist card and whilst no-one mentioned on the day no-one seems to have heard it etc and whilst i'm on the subject we were constantly called Poms etc and we don't go on about it from your guys - really it works both ways

Vista also tackle hard so will be looking out for the "dirty tackles" comments after that one

Lets all remember your player split our players lip - of course he says it was an accident why after doing that and having the guy sent off for retaliation couldn't he just get over it

Lastly guys stop the personal attacks it cheapens your club and will certainly make for interesting games in the future

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

can people please appreciate that....

1) clubs don know the identities of forumites
2) forumites dont speak for the clubs
3) clubs cant control what is posted

a formite posted a summary of the match. members of both clubs should not be drawn in by a 3rd party's opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now..... anyone for cricket?????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4725
COLOSSUS wrote:
swannsong wrote:post # 4724
Swanny, i dont think its the fact that your comments seemed to biased, i think its the fact that the better part of your post/s were directed at one player, Raptors No18. Most of us think it is unfair to direct your comments at 1 player when that player did a pretty good job whilst he was on the park, didnt lay a bad, malicious or stupid challenge all game, and helped get Raptors back in the game. Also to say he was abusive to the general public is hypocritical when all he did was make 2 gestures to that public who abused him for 95% of the time he spent on the park. Maybe you should meet our No18 in person and spend 1 day with him, and then report back to us what you think of him as a person.

Thats all most of us are saying 8)
It's not hypocritical to say something about someone unless you are guilty of the same thing yourself.
As I am not a member of either Club and I was not dishing out abuse I am by definition just being critical of events "I" witnessed.
Players on the park play under a set of guidelines and rules such as Law 12 which states "a player showing dissent by word or action" can be cautioned.
It also states that a player can receive a red card if he/she "uses offensive or insulting or abusive languages and or gestures"
A player who is guilty of dissent by protesting (verbally or non-verbally) against a referee’s decision must be cautioned.
The referee can also caution a player if when celebrating a goal if he/she "makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory"
Unfortunately, spectators are not subject to these same laws, clubs are however, or
should be governed by a code of conduct/behaviour set out by the league, and when provoked spectators generally turn their attentions to the provocateur.

Squad Player
Squad Player

like i said earlier i didnt even realise i split his lip until half time. i'm not a dirty player, and if you ask anyone from the team they'd probably back me up because i was talking to them all game and joking around as i do with everyone each week. i've always got my eye on the ball and as a result it's usually me who ends up injured.

either way, i dont need to defend myself or my actions, i dont have a guilty conscious. both myself and the SK player who got sent off know the real truth. i'm a firm believer in letting your feet do the talking, because as a player that's your best way to stick it to the opposition if they are giving you cabernet, etc.

Like i said in an earlier post, i dont have anything against SK as a club, in fact i like the club.

RE everyone telling me "oh...i cant believe you used the racist card," well, just to clarify, Southern Knight's arent a club full of racists, but whoever that player who got sent off is, HE's racist and openly attacked players (myself and others) because of our background. this should be addressed. having said that, all clubs need to clamp down on this behavior and Raptors are no different.
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Knight7 wrote:I know both Matty and the player who was sent off both read this forum and it says a lot for them that they haven't responded to the attacks from the Raptors guys who typically were to gutless to say anything on the day.

I read with interest some very similar comments after you played Croatia -

On one hand you say how good the referee was and on the other you say how many "dirty" tackles our guys made!!!!

Then you play the racist card and whilst no-one mentioned on the day no-one seems to have heard it etc and whilst i'm on the subject we were constantly called Poms etc and we don't go on about it from your guys - really it works both ways

Vista also tackle hard so will be looking out for the "dirty tackles" comments after that one

Lets all remember your player split our players lip - of course he says it was an accident why after doing that and having the guy sent off for retaliation couldn't he just get over it

Lastly guys stop the personal attacks it cheapens your club and will certainly make for interesting games in the future
Well this post is exactly what i mean Knight7, you dont like the fact that some of your players have been targeted, and we dont like the fact that one of ours was portrayed in exactly the same way, without being dirty of course. Its not nice when its the other way is it mate :wink:

I wont even respond to the comments of your post. Some things are better left unsaid :wink: Good luck for the rest of your season and interesting games between Knights and Raptors i would imagine next season if the boys dont manage to go up 8)
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4735

Forgive me if I'm wrong COLOSSUS, but was it not me who initially targetted one player.
I did not however target any nationality, educational level, appearance or put forward any derogatory names for that one player.
I targetted his on field behaviour and post send-off behaviour only.
Subsequent replies from Knights probably followed by also pointing out that behaviour.
My criticism was driven by what my 2 boys as spectators would have witnessed.
They did not witness other events that took place that day and if true, these should be addressed by Southern Knights.
Why not stop the to and fro slanging and sort things out at the respective clubs.
I doubt if I will make the same colossal mistake of watching and criticising that player again !

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

First of all guys this is all ridiculous to think a week after us playing that we (southern knights/raptors) are still continuing with this rubbish, whilst I respect each individual club man is only defending each other's team mate.
There have been several things posted over this one particular game and even one or two things about our game 8 to 10 weeks ago and I as one of the players mentioned would like to point a couple of facts out.
This game was to see either club move to third position and who would'nt give there left nut for that this time of the season. With that In mind I would and will continue to go for every ball as hard as I can whilst I am playing.
To mention that I am sort of hack who is running around trying to end players careers with dirty tackles is quite disappointing. I have been known to do the occasional un-disiplined thing that has seen me sent off or yellow carded in the last couple of years and it is something I am not proud of, or is it something that I condone. In this particular game I was head butted by one of the Raptors players he will know who he is, unfortunetly that was not seen by the Ref as the second offence of our player who was sent off. For the new players Raptors/Knights that are not aware our to clubs have been playing against each other for approx 10 years what I would like to put forward is that we leave this last game behind us and move on. I would also like to suggest that we play for a trophy each season that is awarded to the team that either wins more games against each other that particular season. Obviously this idea would need a little more work but in the logistics of it all but would add a little extra to these games between us.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

that we leave this last game behind us and move on.
well said!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Ive deleted the original text to this post after i was asked politely by a forumite. Not that it had anything bad in it, but nevertheless, i have done it for him. Colossus 8)
Last edited by COLOSSUS on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

COLOSSUS wrote:i agree with Mattys post, just leave it where it is,
So why didn't you just leave it where he left it?

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:i agree with Mattys post, just leave it where it is,
So why didn't you just leave it where he left it?
Why don't you just shut the shiraz up!!!!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

It's not in my nature :D

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

as if I missed this game... anything else interesting happen?

aaaaaand swansong, bit hard to be without pics and bias after you already posted the pics and ur bias. :clown:

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:as if I missed this game... anything else interesting happen?

aaaaaand swansong, bit hard to be without pics and bias after you already posted the pics and ur bias. :clown:

After the game we made Sawnsong a Life Member although we still haven't worked out who he is! :wink:

Squad Player
Squad Player

Knight7 wrote:

After the game we made Sawnsong a Life Member although we still haven't worked out who he is! :wink:
i met him after the game, i'll point him out to you next time we play eachother.... but first i've got to work out who you are..... :)

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Knight7 wrote:

hahaha im a call him that from now on too.. Sawnsong... quality

IMO you dont need to be associated to a club to have bias for/against them.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

COLOSSUS wrote:
swannsong wrote:post # 4735

Forgive me if I'm wrong COLOSSUS, but was it not me who initially targetted one player.
I did not however target any nationality, educational level, appearance or put forward any derogatory names for that one player.
I targetted his on field behaviour and post send-off behaviour only.
Subsequent replies from Knights probably followed by also pointing out that behaviour.
My criticism was driven by what my 2 boys as spectators would have witnessed.
They did not witness other events that took place that day and if true, these should be addressed by Southern Knights.
Why not stop the to and fro slanging and sort things out at the respective clubs.
I doubt if I will make the same colossal mistake of watching and criticising that player again !
No you didnt forward any derogatory names for that one player but you certainly made sure that you took a zoomed in photo of him knowing the Raptors numbers are on the front of their shirts as well as their backs, but i guess that was coincidental right swanny???

Also, your criticism was driven by what your 2 boys witnessed??? Did your 2 boys not witness the crowd around them abusing and giving the player you question a pasting all game??? Did your 2 boys not witness 2 footed challenges flying in???

Cmon swanny, now its starting to sound ridiculous.

Look i agree with Mattys post, just leave it where it is, because both teams have 3 games remaining which im sure both sets of players are more interested in, than harping on 1 Knights v Raptors game. The Knights/Raptors challenges have always been good and in recent times controversial and this one was no different, simple :D
plain and simple, you are full of shite!