Sunday Results 3rd August

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Results 3rd August

Post by Uncle Cracker »

redsfan08 wrote:
M Andrea wrote:3 - 3 till the last two minutes when westies with 10 men scored 2 goals in last minute of the game.
florina down 3 - 1 then pulled back to 3 - 3 and all over westies and should have scored 2 or 3 more but our s-h-i-t keeper played his usual best & cost us another game.
Thats a bit rough M Andrea all 5 goals weren't your keepers fault. When you play 3 up front for 90 minutes you do expoase yourselves to a lot of counter attack. Even down a man it just seemed you ran out of puff in the last 5 mins. Lay off the keeper mate it's almost never our fault!!! :wink:
Full credit to Westies today, deserved there win. Thought we were going to snatch it there for a minute, Westies showed alot of heart to fight on with 10 men.

All the best.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

King Eric Bloodaxe wrote:Sunday Div 3

B's - Adelaide Vikings 1 - Plympton Bulldogs 2
A's - Adelaide Vikings 6 - Plympton Bulldogs 0
Should also say thanks for the read of the match program. :D

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

Maybe not all five at least 3 :?:
as for running out of puff, 5 players over 33 yrs old (33-38), what would you expect
but i didn't think we ran out off puff, just out of luck :D
we usually come home strong in the second half, but getting to 3 - 3 and not scoring the other chances we had,
u could say probably ran out of Puff. Been good for us with 3 up front this year, ever since we lost to downs in round 3 we switched to that formation and have had a good run, and yes we do get exposed with that formation as u showed us today.
Good luck for the title race. i think we can now surely concentrate on the cup.
Last edited by M Andrea on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big boutso in golo!

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Hosovac wrote:
ian rush wrote:
PinchWeasel wrote:A's Croatia 2 Inter 1
B's Croatia 2 Inter 1

Well done to Croatia. Big credit must go to coach Kuzman. Able to get all injured players back in and firing. Croatia have beaten top sides in past few weeks interesting to see if they can see. have some great players from the past. Branko's first game of the year big chance to stay up now after not having won a game for half the season.

Well done kuz keep up the work. lets hope they don't lose it and start belting the crap out of officals and opposition players/supporters.
The boys deserved it today - was tight at the end when Inter pulled a goal back but we deserved to to be in front by more at half time.

The freight train has left the station and is steaming ahead..."crnci" stizu u sarajevo next sunday... :wink:
Was at the game today and I must say Croatia will not only stay in div 2 but they won't lose another game for the rest of the season if they keep the same team as today for the rest of the year. With Branko and Kuz in the middle Inter were just outclassed and as I predicted Inter's forwards had limited supply for most of the game and were unable to cause the Croatian defence much trouble until the last 10-15 mins.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

chemical brother wrote:is the downs farm score for real if so great result for the downs big confidence booster. farm wheels fall off
could have been 8 or 9 easily, strong performance from the start. one of the most obvious penalties not given in the last minute - bizarre decison, good job nothing on it. resssies will now be a tight finish.

redsfan20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by redsfan20 »

Thanks M Andrea,
Great game today good hard fought, competitive and pretty clean contest. Look forward to our battles to come. Good luck to your boys in the cup run.

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

farmers had their chances again today but (yet again) could not find the net at critical times in the game
meanwhile, the downs banged em in, and 2 inside 5 minutes late in the first half , either side of 2 missed 1 on 1's for farm , sealed the game

looks like the last game of the season, Vale VS PHW at the Vale might well be for all the marbles

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

Sunday Division 3
Munno Para 6:0 El Salvador (Reserves 9:1)

Sunday Division 9
Munno Para 12:1 Adelaide Villa

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I thought the Farm Downs game was (0) - (4), did I miss a goal !
I'll post pics later.
I think having Kraig Andrews up front has improved the Downs options up front.
Downs were much better at stringing passes together and working the ball out through midfield.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Mr DJ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr DJ »

[quote="GioDosSantos
Was having some harmless banter with some of the croatia boys today. One of the replies to one of our comments was, they said "we dont want to get promoted, we are happy in div 2 or 3", what the shiraz is up with that?

All Credit to Crotia today, they did play better than us.[/quote]

thats gold. how far into b's was it when ya got down there? just not a good day for the club at all.

GioDosSantos
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by GioDosSantos »

Mr DJ wrote:[quote="GioDosSantos
Was having some harmless banter with some of the croatia boys today. One of the replies to one of our comments was, they said "we dont want to get promoted, we are happy in div 2 or 3", what the shiraz is up with that?

All Credit to Crotia today, they did play better than us.

thats gold. how far into b's was it when ya got down there? just not a good day for the club at all.[/quote]

Got down there with 20 to go in the resies. thank shiraz for fulham losin aswell, that 6 point is crucial atm if Inter is to win the League. Grove at home next week, another tough 1.
The Club is always bigger and more important than any individual player.

adelaidepie
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by adelaidepie »

A's Fulham 0 - Southern Knights 4

I saw a it of this game upto half time and t be fair it looked like Knights had good control of the game. Fulham were making some attacking runs but just didn't seemed to be able to penatrate the kinights backline. I missed the first goal but, whichever way you look at it the knights appeared to be going along quite well. I would say that the game was nearly dead at half time with a 3-0 scoreline and it would be interesting ot hear how the second half played out. Did Fulham come charing back but just couldn't get that break through or did Knights keep their head and defend the lead just adding the one goal?

Cheers

Adelaidepie Julian
Notts County Football Club the oldest and still the best. Black and White magic

NOTTS COUNTY CHAMPIONS DIVISION 2 2010

general
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by general »

Hosovac wrote:
ian rush wrote:
PinchWeasel wrote:A's Croatia 2 Inter 1
B's Croatia 2 Inter 1

Well done to Croatia. Big credit must go to coach Kuzman. Able to get all injured players back in and firing. Croatia have beaten top sides in past few weeks interesting to see if they can see. have some great players from the past. Branko's first game of the year big chance to stay up now after not having won a game for half the season.

Well done kuz keep up the work. lets hope they don't lose it and start belting the crap out of officals and opposition players/supporters.
The boys deserved it today - was tight at the end when Inter pulled a goal back but we deserved to to be in front by more at half time.

The freight train has left the station and is steaming ahead..."crnci" stizu u sarajevo next sunday... :wink:
Where does Bosna Play??

I will come next week as we play Black Eagles and they are eliminated. I will where my united Nations beret and announce that Mostar will now be given back to the Vlacks>

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

general wrote:I will come next week as we play Black Eagles and they are eliminated. I will where my united Nations beret and announce that Mostar will now be given back to the Vlacks>
Hanson road, Kilkenny (or near Arndale)

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

hey King Eric who scored your goals in the A's, surely Alex would have bagged another handful??

A.V.N.M
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by A.V.N.M »

BADA BING wrote:hey King Eric who scored your goals in the A's, surely Alex would have bagged another handful??
Hey BADA BING, yeh Alex got 2, what about JD did he score a few for you boys, I know they are both gunning for that Golden Boot.

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

mightyreds wrote:Im glad i didn't come down to the game this afternoon to see Farm get spanked 5-0...

Simmo must be ready to explode.

Something not right with the talent they have this year...too many heros maybe.
It is not hard to figure out there style of play mightyreds and counter it. I think all the sides have worked it out, so I don't think it is a slump of form but more a bad system selected by the coach. Too many cracks with three defenders for players to run into, you put three up front and there formation and structure goes peared shaped.

On another note, the fight for the league has become a two horse race. My Florina prediction has crumbled so I think it will come down to the last game of the season for us. We have the Downs to overcome first which will be a cracker then the West in the last game. Come on the Vale, 4 wins to go.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

adelaidepie wrote:A's Fulham 0 - Southern Knights 4

I saw a it of this game upto half time and t be fair it looked like Knights had good control of the game. Fulham were making some attacking runs but just didn't seemed to be able to penatrate the kinights backline. I missed the first goal but, whichever way you look at it the knights appeared to be going along quite well. I would say that the game was nearly dead at half time with a 3-0 scoreline and it would be interesting ot hear how the second half played out. Did Fulham come charing back but just couldn't get that break through or did Knights keep their head and defend the lead just adding the one goal?

Cheers

Adelaidepie Julian

I think Fulham just had an off day, Knights were helped a little by the referee - he gave a free kick for our third goal, after a Knights player took a very soft shot and someone yelled out back pass for a laugh !!! Also Fulham could have had a penalty with a clear hand ball in the box, same as the Grove player against us last week - ball to hand and same as last week not given

Knights deserved the win scoreline was a little flattering but Fulham never really threatened

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

tyneside croatia v inter - Inter easily

Vista09 ADELAIDE CROATIA vs SALISBURY INTER [15:00] - Cant see Croatia knocking Inter off at this point in the season

Football_lad WOW. Top team vs bottom team yet there are more people picking Croatia to win!!!

In reply to the above DIV 2 predictions ....JOG ON JOG ON ..... CROATIA to good yesterday!

A's: Croatia outplayed Inter all day, could have been 4-0. Inter had 12 players on the park in the second half... there 12th player being the Referee. He made some rubbish decisions in the 2nd half, thank god didnt have an effect on the result.

B's: Inter played well first half, think they expected to win easily. Second half different story. They couldnt deal with Croatia being awarded a penalty and sooked about that for the majority of the 2nd half. It was a tough hard game, Inter arguing amongst themselves cost them, as Croatia scored a PEACH of goal to grab the win!

Its now up to Croatia to finish the season off with some great performances like the last few weeks and stay in Div 2, which I think they will.

Freight Train is coming.... BEEP BEEP

Muchos Gracious
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

Yeh King Eric JD scored 4 today, both lads are on fire

A.V.N.M
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by A.V.N.M »

BADA BING wrote:Yeh King Eric JD scored 4 today, both lads are on fire
Yeh Alex is spewing that El Salvos forfeited against us last week, he probably missed out on a few that day.

adelaidepie
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by adelaidepie »

Knight7. I did see that freekick taken but not the actual penalty so to speak. To be fair you guys kept a cool head when slotting that shot away, but yes I agree Fulham were probably having a bad day because they have been very good so far this season. But no matter how bad you have to be up for the win and take it which you did.

I don't think I would like to be at Fuhalm's training this week lol. I do see them bouncing back though too good not to.

Adelaidepie Julian
Notts County Football Club the oldest and still the best. Black and White magic

NOTTS COUNTY CHAMPIONS DIVISION 2 2010

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

Anyone know the Pumas-Bosna result?
No one likes us, We dont care!

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

Westies - well done yesterday. Showed great heart and determination to get over the line. keep it going and hopefully we'll have our first Div 1 title. :D :D
Last edited by Chopper on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

topcorner wrote:Anyone know the Pumas-Bosna result?
A's: Pumas 1 Bosna 1
B's: Pumas 2 Bosna 2

LenBhoy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LenBhoy »

The result for the Reserves game between Florina & Westies is incorrect on the SAASL website. True score was 3 - 0 to Florina.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Knight7 wrote: I think Fulham just had an off day, Knights were helped a little by the referee - he gave a free kick for our third goal, after a Knights player took a very soft shot and someone yelled out back pass for a laugh !!! Also Fulham could have had a penalty with a clear hand ball in the box, same as the Grove player against us last week - ball to hand and same as last week not given

Knights deserved the win scoreline was a little flattering but Fulham never really threatened
fair assessment of the game Knight7.

We did have an off day but to the knights credit they wanted it more and were playing like a team who wanted that 1 more win to virtually assure themselves of staying up where as Fulham were playing as if they thought promotion had already been clinched.

Knights were more physical and had a couple of dangerous players out wide as well as some solid players in the middle of the park.

It certainly hasn't been clinched yet even though the results fell our way yesterday.

But we will bounce back as the season will be assessed over 18 games and not just 1 bad game.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Lion 4 - East 1

That one hurt bad yesterday. I am so sore today!! As we have done all season long, we have been in the game up until half time. We probably should have been 2-1 up at the half. A couple of well taken goals was the difference on the day i thought. A few dubious decisions from the ref, which as always could have gone either way. Its always a tough ask to go down to Lions ground and get points. The Real One looks to have them playing some decent football, playing it on the floor nicely. We totally lost our shape with 10 to go, pushing for something out of the game, but we were 4 down. It could have been a lot worse than what it was to be honest. The "secret weapon" released himself in the last 10. Handy to have him come on for the last 10, but i think thats all he could last! :)

All in all a very very dissapointing day out for us, but credit to lion who took their chances and deserved the points in the end i thought.

GioDosSantos
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by GioDosSantos »

Sweaty Bollocks wrote:tyneside croatia v inter - Inter easily

Vista09 ADELAIDE CROATIA vs SALISBURY INTER [15:00] - Cant see Croatia knocking Inter off at this point in the season

Football_lad WOW. Top team vs bottom team yet there are more people picking Croatia to win!!!

In reply to the above DIV 2 predictions ....JOG ON JOG ON ..... CROATIA to good yesterday!

A's: Croatia outplayed Inter all day, could have been 4-0. Inter had 12 players on the park in the second half... there 12th player being the Referee. He made some rubbish decisions in the 2nd half, thank god didnt have an effect on the result.

B's: Inter played well first half, think they expected to win easily. Second half different story. They couldnt deal with Croatia being awarded a penalty and sooked about that for the majority of the 2nd half. It was a tough hard game, Inter arguing amongst themselves cost them, as Croatia scored a PEACH of goal to grab the win!

Its now up to Croatia to finish the season off with some great performances like the last few weeks and stay in Div 2, which I think they will.

Freight Train is coming.... BEEP BEEP

Muchos Gracious
No such thing as winning gracefully, you still have to complain abt the referee.

BEEP, BEEP your a knobhead
The Club is always bigger and more important than any individual player.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

East Boy wrote:Lion 4 - East 1

That one hurt bad yesterday. I am so sore today!! As we have done all season long, we have been in the game up until half time. We probably should have been 2-1 up at the half. A couple of well taken goals was the difference on the day i thought. A few dubious decisions from the ref, which as always could have gone either way. Its always a tough ask to go down to Lions ground and get points. The Real One looks to have them playing some decent football, playing it on the floor nicely. We totally lost our shape with 10 to go, pushing for something out of the game, but we were 4 down. It could have been a lot worse than what it was to be honest. The "secret weapon" released himself in the last 10. Handy to have him come on for the last 10, but i think thats all he could last! :)

All in all a very very dissapointing day out for us, but credit to lion who took their chances and deserved the points in the end i thought.
we were lucky not 2 go 2-1 down in the 1st half... disappointing 2 almost concede from our corner!!! Gr8 free kick east boy but i was dirty at our boys for not standing infront of the ball b4 u took it... yes we got the luck of the ref decisions 2day something that every1 at the club says we never get and judging by the games i have seen they r right... as 4 10 minutes :lol: 10 minutes 2 much :P i played 90 vs vale and i was paying 4 it all week!!!
all the best 4 the rest of the year
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"