Downs Salary Budget

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Money does buy happiness and a good atmosphere and in turn DIV 1 CHAMPIONSHIP. Good luck hope you win it.

downsboynow
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by downsboynow »

The key to the Downs success is that everyone involved at the club, be it volunteers, coaches, players & fans are always prepared to put in 100% to take the club forward. This is my first of many years to come at the Downs, and I'm blown away by the positive atmosphere they have.

Perhaps other clubs should view the Downs as a prime example to improve their club, rather than making up excuses as to why we are currently top of Div 1.

Stretch
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stretch »

I think the Downs are a great example to the rest of us on how to run a club and generate income. Your supporters are always good for the bar and banter. However, I disagree strongly with amateur clubs paying players (if Downs are...) or disguising these payments as 'travelling costs'. Fine with fees being paid (or subsidised), boots being bought, kits being washed and end of season trips being funded for ALL players, but paying individual 'star' players isn't fair play.