Results 1-2 July 2006

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results 1-2 July 2006

Post by Rob Lozza »

Saturday Division 1 (Reserves in brackets):
Sturt Marion 1 Stirling District 4 (1-5)
BOSA 4 Cove 1 (1-1)
Modbury Jets 2 St Peter's OC 2 (0-5)
Gleeson 2 Adelaide Comets 0 (1-2)
University 2 Old Ignatians' 1 (1-0)

Saturday Division 4
Old Ignatians' (2) 0 Stirling District 5
University 1 Cove 2
Strathalbyn 4 St Peter's OC 4
Monarchs v. Old Ignatians' (1) (no game)
Hahndorf bye

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

phe2-1bosna. bosna down to 9 men for a lot of the game. not the result which shows top v bottom. but 3 points is 3 points away.

Azz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azz »

downs 1 usc 0 A usc keeper had a blinder even saved a penalty
downs 2 usc 1 B
downs 4 usc 2 C

inter 2 royal park 0

florina 2 vale 1 (as far as i know)

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

As TTG 2v0 Payneham/Postel
B's TTG 1v1 Payneham/Postel

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

A's Adel Villa 0 Parafield 4
B's Adel Villa 2 Parafield 4
C's Adel Villa 1 Parafield 4

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

A's - Modbury Vista 2-0 West Beach

B's - Modbury Vista 3-2 West Beach

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

north utd (A) 11 - aguila 3

north utd (B) 0 - aguila 3

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

bigazz wrote:downs 1 usc 0 A usc keeper had a blinder even saved a penalty
downs 2 usc 1 B
downs 4 usc 2 C

inter 2 royal park 0

florina 2 vale 1 (as far as i know)
Dont know if it was saved, it was gift wrapped for him.

Well played to the downs as we fought hard, but our lack of depth showed today. They were just too strong in the 2nd half, but a little bit shakey in the first half. USC had a good chance to go one up, but a good save from the Downs keeper kept it 0-0. Second half downs piled on the pressure and were rewarded 8 mins from time. Game was tough and played in the right spirit. Congrats to downs who move 8 points clear(i think) as Vale lost, surely the championship is theres to lose now.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Knights v Ingle Farm

1st Team Knights 3 v Farm 2
Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

Two good games (of course I think so we won!)

In reserves we had 3 chances and took all 3! They had more of the ball, but never looked overly dangerous

First Team - Could have gone either way but probably did enough to deserve it1

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

A's, Sth coast 2-2 Grove
B's, Sth coast 2-7 Grove
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A's - Maco 3 - Fulham 3

Fulham 3 goals in last 7 mins to get a result.

MAco's had virtually 3 chances and took them all - good luck to them but Fulham had at least 6 or 7 good chances and they all decided to go in the goal in the last 7 mins.

Ref was an absoulte joke and that is all I am going to say.

B's - Maco Ref 4 - Fulham 0 - nothing else needs to be said about it as it has all been said about the Maco B ref.

Canine
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Canine »

A's Plympton Bulldogs 3 v Blue Eagles 1
B's Plympton Bulldogs 3 v Blue Eagles 2
:)
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog".

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Knight7 wrote:Knights v Ingle Farm

Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

In reserves we had 3 chances and took all 3! They had more of the ball, but never looked overly dangerous

Your first team are getting better and better Knight7, have taken some notable scalps this season. Could there be a surprise late push for a top 2 finish??

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

B's - Maco Ref 4 - Fulham 0 - nothing else needs to be said about it as it has all been said about the Maco B ref.[/quote]

Good to hear that the Maco ref is back from Germany and giving another World Cup performance in the local league....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

htfc

Post by htfc »

avenell_road wrote:

Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

Your first team are getting better and better Knight7, have taken some notable scalps this season. Could there be a surprise late push for a top 2 finish??
Hope not. Don't want Div 1 to have to travel down south. Bad enough having to go to Grange.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

htfc wrote:
avenell_road wrote:

Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

Hope not. Don't want Div 1 to have to travel down south. Bad enough having to go to Grange.
HA HA HA good point.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

A's Florina 2-2 Vale
B's Florina 0-1 Vale

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

avenell_road wrote:

Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

Your first team are getting better and better Knight7, have taken some notable scalps this season. Could there be a surprise late push for a top
2 finish??
It's possible although our first year in division 2 staying up has been our aim from day one.

Will be careful what I say, as will be accused of making excuses but we have had so many players out this year and have a new coach - who is really starting to get through to the players. We are hoping to get another 3 back for the Limnos game then another 4 after the break so we should finish strongly

DYP
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DYP »

Asteras 7 Gawler 4

wasnt at match, was injured, but was told Asteras were up about 5-0 half time, but had a bad second half to allow Gawler back in the match. But credit to Gawler, who havent been having a good season.

Was told new recruits Jimmy Salagaras and Lucas Tsimopoulos played well.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

credit where credits due the ref for the vista v west beach game did his job very well,let the game flow,and was fair to both teams.sad that another 2 vista players pick up rather serious injuries(neither due to tackles).but vista's new overseas signing Rochy played like he'd been there all year(though was calling people by the wrong names most the game).a good 3 points.
onoir diomasack

1from1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1from1 »

Redders wrote:

Well played to the downs as we fought hard, but our lack of depth showed today. They were just too strong in the 2nd half, but a little bit shakey in the first half. USC had a good chance to go one up, but a good save from the Downs keeper kept it 0-0. Second half downs piled on the pressure and were rewarded 8 mins from time. Game was tough and played in the right spirit. Congrats to downs who move 8 points clear(i think) as Vale lost, surely the championship is theres to lose now.
Redders how come every time your team fails to win you have an excuse such as to many players injured, lack of depth etc.
every team suffers injuries and suspensions throughout the year the downs are now different, you guys got totally outclassed by a far better team on the day and as for shakey in the first half one chance hardly makes a team shakey, dispite poor finishing and a good keeping display by the lion goalkeeper the score should have reflected the downs' dominance

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Yeah Redders, quit the excuses! ha ha

Croatia's got 6 A graders missing atm and somehow are still managing to win games in Div 3 and hold 2nd spot...how, I wouldn't have a clue. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guess it doesn't say much for the standard of Div 3 this year... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Croatia 2 San Marco 1

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

Vista played consistent football all game and was joyful to watch from the sidelines. A free flowing game enabled by a good ref and great team atmosphere from both sides. Everyone that played for Vista on weekend showed what they could do and did it well. As has been said, Roachy(unsure of spelling) new overseas signing who is still picking up the "aussie" english language played out of his skin and was noted on the sidelines by a players father that he is in the same mould as PC. Now i want to make some comparisons between the 2.
Roachy - can run, can kick, a good 20-30kgs lighter, finds feet everytime kicked the ball, runs and makes space, great asset.
PC - dives.

Great effort by the lads and never once looked like losing which is something unusual for a Vista that enjoys the challenge of playing out 1-0 wins. Great work lads.
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

NOARLUNGA UNITED 0 - 9 BRAHMA
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Macedonia V Fulham

Reserve game, Clubs who allow people like this to ref games should be ashamed and the league should throw the book at them. In over 20 years of football i have never seen cheating as blatant as this, one player walked off in disgust and two have rather nasty stud marks on there legs this guy made no attempt to be fair or protect our players from the tackle from behind. Hard to play when so many players had to help out the 1st team and playing against that supposed ref.

Please note that not only does the league have a duty of care to the registered players so do the clubs.

First team, well done Fulham great fightback the response in the 2nd half was immense and another couple of minutes would have got us the win especially with 7 players missing. Again the ref was an apology for a referee and was more intent in booking people for chatting than bad tackles and fighting.

Macedonia Football Club, thank you for the welcome we were given in your clubhouse after the game, the lads enjoyed the chicken wings. Hope you have rid yourselves of the three amigos for good. Although the games were niggly the players for the most part behaved and the games were hard and fast.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Roachy - can run, can kick, a good 20-30kgs lighter, finds feet everytime kicked the ball, runs and makes space, great asset.
PC - dives.

Apparently he can play golf aswell. Sounds like there's no more need for PC to hang around anymore!

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

R_FOWLER11 wrote:
Redders wrote:

Redders how come every time your team fails to win you have an excuse such as to many players injured, lack of depth etc.
every team suffers injuries and suspensions throughout the year the downs are now different, you guys got totally outclassed by a far better team on the day and as for shakey in the first half one chance hardly makes a team shakey, dispite poor finishing and a good keeping display by the lion goalkeeper the score should have reflected the downs' dominance
Ok what ever..you thought you outclassed us in the first half???? Good onya.

I said you were superior side, mainly due to your second half onslaught. You guys have a full squad of players. The fact that we had our coach playing sweeper and a reserves player who had played replacing our injured player, shows we are lacking depth. You guys can bring the quality of Butler on at half time, thats a big difference if you ask me.

You guys played well and deserved the win, but you had to fight tooth and nail for it. Its my opinion and thats what forums are for. When you guys lost to Vale, the excuses came rolling out.
Last edited by Redders on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

It's bizzarely quiet on this forum yesterday and today. No posts from Limnos and PHE boys. Any reports on your games??

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

extremely quiet agreed, possibly because Limnos lost and had no help from a ref to give them a draw(that should stir something up)!!!!
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Knight7 wrote:
avenell_road wrote:

Res Knights 3 v Farm 1

Your first team are getting better and better Knight7, have taken some notable scalps this season. Could there be a surprise late push for a top
2 finish??
It's possible although our first year in division 2 staying up has been our aim from day one.

Will be careful what I say, as will be accused of making excuses but we have had so many players out this year and have a new coach - who is really starting to get through to the players. We are hoping to get another 3 back for the Limnos game then another 4 after the break so we should finish strongly
Yeh its very tight up in the top half of the table and everyone has been dropping points. With respect to Limnos, you should beat them this week which will keep the momentum going.