A message for the moderators.

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

A message for the moderators.

Post by Azzurri80 »

In regards to the post I recently had removed, I would like to know if anyone can tell me whether I can regain a copy of what was written for personal use? I can assure you it will not be re-posted and the name of the referee will not be disclosed again on the forum. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: A message for the moderators.

Post by Randoman »

it was deleted and not moved into the "deleted topics" forum as it should have been, so i doubt it.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

I just finished reading the 'Be Careful What You Post' topic and I can't believe my original post was removed when you have this topic running. Talk about double standards. The guys on this post are abusing each other left, right and centre with demeaning and racist remarks for no reason other to get one up on each other. The post I wrote was a legitmate argument that asked for the views of others and it was removed when this 'Careful What You Post' crap still runs. Talk about double standards moderators. Have a good hard look at yourselves cause if this is how you're going to run this show you're are a bunch of hypocritical idiots. Pathetic!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Azzurri80, I do not read every single post put on this forum, believe it or not I do have a job and a life. Whenever I see something from what I do read that is inappropriate I delete it. There are multiple moderators, the intention being that this spread of forum review will pick up all of the inappropriate topics. Of course the system is not perfect and sometimes things will be missed, however this does not detract in any way from how unacceptable the topic you posted was.

For you to attack the moderators personally is a poor reflection on you Azzurri80. I for one only became a moderator in the first place because the Amateur League forum was removed from the old "soccernews" site many years ago due to the proliferation of topics such as your one. When the Administrator reinstated the forum probably 4 or so years ago he did so on the basis that existing forum users would come forward and volunteer to moderate it, which I did. If a sensible forum user (which does not include yourself) thinks that they could do a better job I would most happily stand down and allow them to take my place as a moderator.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

So if I find your comments offensive will your post be removed? Of course it won't. I don't think my post was inappropriate although I will admit that I was wrong for mentioning his name. I was simply asking if anyone else had come across this referee to establish whether or not my club had reasonable ground to complain to the league or if it was an isolated case that we should not worry about.

He's name was mentioned so other uses would know who I was talking about and there would be no confusion as to which ref it was. I stand by what I wrote and compared to some of the things I have read on here it is minor in comparison. I think it was a valid topic and the response I got from the sub topic proved it was worthy of a SENSIBLE discussion between intelligent players who took part in the sub topic conversations. I think everyone who took part in the conversation would agree that it was a refreshing change to actually talk about a real subject that can affect teams results and position in the table rather then some of the stupid stuff that is posted on this forum. Answer me this, besides the fact I mentioned his name what was soo inappropriate about the post? If I may make a suggestion it would be to post the comments again (without the mentioning of names) and let the other users comment on how inappropriate it was?

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

avenell_road wrote:If a sensible forum user (which does not include yourself) thinks that they could do a better job I would most happily stand down and allow them to take my place as a moderator.
Don't know if I'd do a better job but I once offered to admin to be a moderator but never heard anything back on it.

laney
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by laney »

You lot seem to let the wanderer's write whatever they like about other clubs.
but when the others have a go back it gets deleted.
You can pm me your phone number to discuss it further, but i doubt you will.
This site seems to be for the minority, not the majority :x

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

laney wrote:You lot seem to let the wanderer's write whatever they like about other clubs.
but when the others have a go back it gets deleted.
You can pm me your phone number to discuss it further, but i doubt you will.
This site seems to be for the minority, not the majority :x
Laney, I have never deleted any post regarding Wanderers so I am not the correct person to bring this up with. I must admit that the topics regarding Wanderers are of little interest to me and I do not read them. I do not have the time to read things that do not interest me and I do not intend to do so simply so that I can moderate comments which, if all forum users could apply normal levels of decency and commonsense, would not have been posted in the first place. If there is a sensible forum user out there who reads every topic and wishes to be a moderator, I have no problem with them replacing me as previously advised. Bodo if this is you then please PM me.

laney
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by laney »

ask your mate coyote when it comes to loking after this mates at the wanderer's

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Azzurri80 wrote:So if I find your comments offensive will your post be removed? Of course it won't. I don't think my post was inappropriate although I will admit that I was wrong for mentioning his name. I was simply asking if anyone else had come across this referee to establish whether or not my club had reasonable ground to complain to the league or if it was an isolated case that we should not worry about.

He's name was mentioned so other uses would know who I was talking about and there would be no confusion as to which ref it was. I stand by what I wrote and compared to some of the things I have read on here it is minor in comparison. I think it was a valid topic and the response I got from the sub topic proved it was worthy of a SENSIBLE discussion between intelligent players who took part in the sub topic conversations. I think everyone who took part in the conversation would agree that it was a refreshing change to actually talk about a real subject that can affect teams results and position in the table rather then some of the stupid stuff that is posted on this forum. Answer me this, besides the fact I mentioned his name what was soo inappropriate about the post? If I may make a suggestion it would be to post the comments again (without the mentioning of names) and let the other users comment on how inappropriate it was?
Your question is quite ridiculous. If you find any of my comments offensive all you have to do is PM a moderator and ask that they be removed. However I very much doubt there are any grounds to do so, as like 90% of people who post on here, I follow the overwhelmingly simple and commonsense rules that exist.

You asked what else was inappropriate about your post other than mentioning the name of the referee. Perhaps even more inappropriate was the fact that you mentioned the road that the referee lives on. It may be a major main road that thousands of people live on but nevertheless it is obvious to any reasonable person that such material will not be permitted on the forum. I also recall your topic making potentially damaging allegations against the referee.

I do not think that it is technically possible for me to now retrieve the material that I deleted so even if I wished to re-post it without the offending aspects I could not. However, in any event the fact that the topic was deleted was entirely your own fault and I have no intention of using up more of my time. Thank you.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

laney wrote:ask your mate coyote when it comes to loking after this mates at the wanderer's
Clearly you should be addressing your concerns directly with Coyote then by PM. The type of discussions now being had are most appropriately conducted by PM.

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Mate, you call yourself a moderator when it is obvious you don't read a thing!

In regards to where this ref lives, if you took the time out of your obviously busy schedule you would have read in my last post that I addressed this issue when asked (in a civilized fashion) by one of the users. It was a joke! How the hell would I know where this nice person lives, or where he works for a living. Now who's using their common sense?

As for damaging allegations, I made no such thing. I simply stated my opinion on the matter and my 'commonsense' held me back from elaborating, so take what you will from those comments, but how you can make the comment of damaging allegations when you have no idea what I am thinking is beyond me.

As for the process in place to have offensive remarks removed, did the referee request for the removal of my post? If not who was the offended person who requested that the comments be removed? You are a joke!

laney
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by laney »

coyote doesn't answer any pms from me.
He's with the wingerers

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

i believe the forum is for people to voice their opinion whether it be good, bad or otherwise....whats all this PM me, PM him etc...what a load of shite...if thats the case then swap email addresses and stay off the forum....and sorry AR i have on occasions along with others requested topics be removed because of racial attacks but to no avail because as laney said everyone looks out for their own...which is ok with me but if you can dish it then you gotta take it too and not have the topic deleted because you 'know people' in the right places.....its a public forum and all is fair game including ref's moderators and anyone else involved..... if there are low lifes out there who would cause harm to anyone because of whats on here then they need to get out more.....peace to you all 8)
retired handy man!

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

laney wrote:coyote doesn't answer any pms from me.
He's with the wingerers
you have never pmed me

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Handy_man wrote:i believe the forum is for people to voice their opinion whether it be good, bad or otherwise....whats all this PM me, PM him etc...what a load of shite...if thats the case then swap email addresses and stay off the forum....and sorry AR i have on occasions along with others requested topics be removed because of racial attacks but to no avail because as laney said everyone looks out for their own...which is ok with me but if you can dish it then you gotta take it too and not have the topic deleted because you 'know people' in the right places.....its a public forum and all is fair game including ref's moderators and anyone else involved..... if there are low lifes out there who would cause harm to anyone because of whats on here then they need to get out more.....peace to you all 8)
Handy man, I do not speak for all moderators and my comments should not be construed as such. I am no longer involved with any club in the SAASL and if someone ever sent me a PM requesting that a topic be deleted I would give it fair and balanced consideration.

Obviously appropriate opinions regarding the SAASL should be posted on the forum, this is why the forum exists. My point was that a request to a moderator for something to be deleted should be sent by PM. There is a very clear and obvious distinction between the two in my opinion so I am not sure how the point you made regarding PM's is relevant. Thanks.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

laney wrote:ask your mate coyote when it comes to loking after this mates at the wanderer's
i havent deleted any wanderers topics.............good try......why do i care what you write , as i told you before i deleted a post that the roo posted and thats it

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

avenell_road wrote:Handy man, I do not speak for all moderators and my comments should not be construed as such. I am no longer involved with any club in the SAASL and if someone ever sent me a PM requesting that a topic be deleted I would give it fair and balanced consideration.
Ho about deleting this thread, because to be honest I'm bottle of shiraz bored by it now.

Can someone contact the SAASL and ask for wanderers v jets to be moved away from a sat fixture, because judging by the threads on here I'm going to be gutted that I can't make it.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Look I honestly think that you all have to be very careful what you are writing here about the moderators. As AR has written the moderators are just users who read through the forums. They are users who have shown they are sensible with what they post and they have all been on this forum a great deal longer than what you have.

I personally know AR and I know that he is a very loyal and level headed bloke. He has played in the league and knows all about the refs etc. He is a well respected bloke through many Amateur league teams and I would back any decision he was to make.

As for Coyote.... I got a PM from him when he noticed a new user name involving my club. He asked whether I wanted it removed and I responded with a no as I knew who it was.

My point is that the majority of the posts on here are just reflections on the game with no real personal attacks (apart from Roo on occassions :lol: ). Obviously your post was slightly over the top. We all know that standard of the Refs is very poor at times. But maybe you have to just take this as a learning experience in how to vent your frustrations and ask for opinions and just relax for a while man!!! This is a forum, and no doubt the way your rubbing up the Moderators they may take you off the forum all together!!!?? Good luck with your future postings!!!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks that handy_man is making sense! He's comments reflect my point exactly. What I wrote was simply my opinion and if you disagreed with it why not just voice your opinion in the post. Isn't that how forums work? I find it amusing that one moderator in coyote says he couldn't care less, while the other in avenell_road is dancing around the subject. My opinion, and this is only my opinion, is that avenell_road is making a huge deal out of nothing and deep down I think you couldn't possibly be that upset over what I wrote as unlike some people on here all I did was criticise the ref's performance. It wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be drama queen.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Azzurri80 wrote:Mate, you call yourself a moderator when it is obvious you don't read a thing!

In regards to where this ref lives, if you took the time out of your obviously busy schedule you would have read in my last post that I addressed this issue when asked (in a civilized fashion) by one of the users. It was a joke! How the hell would I know where this nice person lives, or where he works for a living. Now who's using their common sense?

As for damaging allegations, I made no such thing. I simply stated my opinion on the matter and my 'commonsense' held me back from elaborating, so take what you will from those comments, but how you can make the comment of damaging allegations when you have no idea what I am thinking is beyond me.

As for the process in place to have offensive remarks removed, did the referee request for the removal of my post? If not who was the offended person who requested that the comments be removed? You are a joke!
Yet another ill considered response from you I see. I have already stated that I do not read every post in every topic on this forum so what exactly are you seeking to prove by highlighting that I did not read a post you made in another topic? The decision to delete your post was straightforward and not at all contentious therefore I have not felt the need to read everything which you may have written in other topics about this issue.

I will simplify it for you. You posted a topic which mentioned the name and broadly the place of residence of a referee. Adelaide is a very small place with minimal degrees of separation so of course you could know roughly where a referee lives. That is commonsense. Your topic was inappropriate so it was deleted. The fact that there may be other posts on here from time to time that are inappropriate and not deleted is unfortunate but is completely irrelevant to your topic being deleted.

Of course I can determine your allegations to be damaging without knowing what you were thinking. Whether or not they are damaging has nothing to do with your state of mind but of the effect that the allegations would have. Your question about who requested the removal of the post is equally ridiculous. Obviously it is not necessary for someone to have requested the removal of a post in order for the moderator to do so. The point I made below, which I thought was very easy to understand, was that if a moderator has not removed a post that you think is inappropriate you have the option of sending a PM to request this.

Finally, in response to your more recent post above, you say I am making a huge deal out of nothing. This is hugely hypocritical as you are the one making a big deal over it. All I did was delete the topic yet you have gone and created two more topics questioning this decision. This in fact makes you the "joke" and the "drama queen" (to replicate insults that you have levelled at me).

Azzurri80, this is the last message that I will post in response to you on this issue as you clearly have no value to add to the discussions.

gunner08
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gunner08 »

My very first posting to this forum .. (after about two months of monitoring).
Thank you to avanell_road for making a straightforward decision..... Azzuri08.. please just foward your details to the Amateur League (or is it the Federation??...not sure as you seem to mention Collegiate clubs). Whichever it is doesn't matter.... no investigation will occurr unless you forward (in detail) your greivances. If every club did this, including the ones you mention in your posts, then a pattern of data will emerge and action can be taken.
This site is not treated seriously by soccer bodies .... and why should it be when there are some quite outrageous postings..... a shame really, because at times, there are some quite pertinent issues being raised.

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

avenell_road wrote:
Azzurri80 wrote:Mate, you call yourself a moderator when it is obvious you don't read a thing!

Yet another ill considered response from you I see. I have already stated that I do not read every post in every topic on this forum so what exactly are you seeking to prove by highlighting that I did not read a post you made in another topic? The decision to delete your post was straightforward and not at all contentious therefore I have not felt the need to read everything which you may have written in other topics about this issue.

I will simplify it for you. You posted a topic which mentioned the name and broadly the place of residence of a referee. Adelaide is a very small place with minimal degrees of separation so of course you could know roughly where a referee lives. That is commonsense. Your topic was inappropriate so it was deleted. The fact that there may be other posts on here from time to time that are inappropriate and not deleted is unfortunate but is completely irrelevant to your topic being deleted.

Of course I can determine your allegations to be damaging without knowing what you were thinking. Whether or not they are damaging has nothing to do with your state of mind but of the effect that the allegations would have. Your question about who requested the removal of the post is equally ridiculous. Obviously it is not necessary for someone to have requested the removal of a post in order for the moderator to do so. The point I made below, which I thought was very easy to understand, was that if a moderator has not removed a post that you think is inappropriate you have the option of sending a PM to request this.

Finally, in response to your more recent post above, you say I am making a huge deal out of nothing. This is hugely hypocritical as you are the one making a big deal over it. All I did was delete the topic yet you have gone and created two more topics questioning this decision. This in fact makes you the "joke" and the "drama queen" (to replicate insults that you have levelled at me).

Azzurri80, this is the last message that I will post in response to you on this issue as you clearly have no value to add to the discussions.
I gotta say this is seriously spiralling out of control. As someone who did actually see the post I have to say that I understand why the post was deleted and if I was a moderator I would have done the same on the basis that, like AR, when I read the refs name, occupation and roundabout address I thought it was inappropriate.

Obviously I missed the joke (it was 1am) but I probably would have done the same just because the blokes name was referenced.

Saying that Azzuri, I thought apart from the naming part the article was articulate, raised some good points, and illustrated your frustrations in a way that showed that you weren't out to start a hate campaign or anything, that you were sincerely just asking for feedback.

I guess in a perfect world the part with the refs name would have been edited out and the rest left there. However I can understand AR seeing it and taking the easy option to delete the whole thing.

I think that referencing the particular game like you did in a later post (saying the ref who did the x vs. y game) rather than naming the referee would be the way to go.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

ummmmmmmm i thought i was a bitt thick in listening,

well done who ever started the crap on reffs address an name splashed all over, well done idiot........

well yah know who i am, i dont know you, hey, but who cares..........

keep other people identity to yahself unless yah want sueing procedure to hit this modd of ours........
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

Should have been deleted. End of story. AR the only thing you should have done different was moved it to the right forum not deleted it outright! :wink:

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

Hey Azzuri...man i dont know who you are and i appreciate your frustration....im sure everyone who is passionate about something feels the same way especially when their right of expression is taken away....having said that there are ways of getting your point accross and still highlighting your anger, dissapointment or whatever else you feel without revealing an individuals personal particulars..... identify the game concerned and the incidents etc and all those concerned will know exactly who and what you are referring to and the others can have an input on your post.... i dont have a problem naming referees as most here would know them all anyways and if we look at other codes the refs/umpires are all known and i dont believe any of them have come to harm apart from the odd murder in south america but i dont think we're up to those standards yet.....as i used to say to the players ' score more goals than the opposition and you will still win even if the ref has a bad day'.... mate good luck with it and happy posting.... 8)
retired handy man!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Handy_man you're a very wise man.

This is my last post on this matter. My whole point is that avenell_road could of handled things differently. If some one takes the time to write a post that they're passionate about and then it just simply gets deleted as soon as it's posted, how can you not expect that person to get upset. Surely the post could have been tweaked by the moderator to make it worthy or I could have been contacted and asked to rearrange things rather then just simply dumping it. As On the Pine said it was not a hate campaign but simply a valid argument worthy of discussion and I will admit again that I was wrong for mentioning his name but I didn't and still don't see it as that bigger deal.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

topgun-jimmy-aufc wrote:ummmmmmmm i thought i was a bitt thick in listening,

well done who ever started the crap on reffs address an name splashed all over, well done idiot........

well yah know who i am, i dont know you, hey, but who cares..........

keep other people identity to yahself unless yah want sueing procedure to hit this modd of ours........
OMG *squeals* It's TOPGUN JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Total 90
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Total 90 »

:wink: Azzurri80 - Knob :wink:
:) avenell_road - Keep Up The Good Work :)
:roll: If you have an opinion that is fine however this forum has rules. The forum is designed to exchange banter and results and general comments and queries about certain things involved in football :!: When you signed up for this free forum you were given a privelage to communicate with others for free :evil: However with privelages come responsabilities and in this case your account on here is a privelage and abiding by the rules is a responsability :| As this forum is based around Amatuer Football in this state alot of the topics get old and repeated and one of which would be peoples frustration towards league officials, most often "Referees" :( So it shows that you are not the only one who has this issue :!: I do agree with the moderators for deleting your comment ( :shock: which i did actually read while it was posted 8) ) but i also beleive that had you worded it differently you would find it most likely would have still been on here :clown:
:idea:
:D You wouldn't question a policeman in the "real" world :?:
:oops: Why do you question a moderator in the "forum" world :?:

It's Football, But Not As You Know It!

Azzurri80
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Azzurri80 »

Total 90, If a cop pulled you over, searched your car and fined you for what you thought was no reason, wouldn't you question him? To say you would never question a cop is ridiculous, and tells me you're just a sheep who follows the flock. I always question cops if I think they're in the wrong and you know why cause they're only human mate and all humans make mistakes including you, me moderators and cops. I didn't know what the rules were as I have only been part of this forum for a short time and I don't remember there being a list to read when I signed on. My argument is, instead of just deleting my post why didn't the moderator just take the name out or message me and say 'take the name out or I'm deleting it'. I think that would have been a better option.

And while we're all getting sensetive about names and so on;

MODERATOR'S CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE TOTAL 90'S POST AS I FIND THE FACT HE CALLED ME A KNOB EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE!

(see how ridiculous and childish that sounds. We're all grown men and I think we're all mature enough to deal with and discuss serious issues, wouldn't you agree?)