SUNDAY RESULTS 6th JULY - ROUND 11

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

more tea vicar
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: SUNDAY RESULTS 6th JULY - ROUND 11

Post by more tea vicar »

MrGG wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:Well done to Spellow and the Vista boys today, unfortunately we took 20 mins to get going today, by then it was 1 nil ,felt after that we had more of the play. Few good new signings for you boys, but can I ask, Is Andy Carmen playing for the rest of the season or just the one game? Heard it was just for our game? If so, bit harsh on your regular keeper to play all season then be told he isnt playing this week ! Any way if you play with the intensity you did today for the rest of the season then you should win more than you lose from here on. Good luck! PS............. Heard there should be a linesmans course coming up soon ! :shock: :lol:
Heard about the Andy Carmen thing as well. Funny if true - be pissed if you were the regular a team keeper....flying in a player for one game, paying his fees, kinda funny! Credit to vista though who took their 1 chance well. Gully should've had the game tied up but thats the breaks.

Thought Gannon did ok without really being noticed. Linesman was bad but you get that almost every week in saasl.

:?:
AKA BULLDOG

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oncewewereworiers »

haywood djablowme wrote:West Beach 2 Gardens 2

Beach scored early then we equalised within 15 minutes by M Chose went in 1 all. Came out & we scored from a short corner slotted away nicley by J Foster. Then on came Mcombieto score from a corner with about 8 mins to play. 2 2 it finished.

Boys have nobody else to blame again but ourselves.Total domination in possession & chances created but once again could not capatalize on the opportunities that went begging. Mohamed unfortunatly had an off day with about 4-5 golden opportunities including a saved penalty by the Beach keeper & a one v one in the final minute that was well pushed around the post by the keeper again :!: Very good game by the Beach keeper, who kept them in the game & also J Manca whilst Peacy just like last week picked the ball out the net twice & nothing more.

We can take alot of positives once again from the game but those positivies are'nt gonna give us the 3 points required to climb ourselves up the ladder in the right direction. 3 points we defently missed out on today espically looking at other results :(
after the special attention i recieved from the gardens supporters, i would atleast think you could spell my name correctly. Its spelt MCCOMBIE.
hmmmm , cant argue with that.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Elizabeth Vale 2 (Nicholls 2)
Pontians 0

Vale got two fortunate goals half way through the first half, nicholls put through with just the keeper to beat, touched the ball a little too far ahead of himself goes in 50/50 with the keeper, nicholls hits the turf and while on the ground the ball rolls to him he gets up and scores. Second goal quite weird. Vale had a corner and as the ball is coming across from the corner it hits a Aussie rules football kicked onto the pitch by the kids to the side of the goal. Ref calls for a drop ball, ball get spilled out and vale knock a high hopefull ball to the back stick which ends up hitting the post and the rebound goes directly to an unmarked nicholls. 2-0
Pontians had a few half chances in the first half but nothing the keeper had to deal with.
Second half Vale had the wind but it was the Pontians pushing for a goal and again had the ball in the Vale box but didnt have a clear shot and when they did the Vale keeper pulled of a couple good saves. As the game went on Pontians left themselves open a bit and Vale had chances to kill the game off but couldnt score a couple of posters and some good saves by the Pontian keeper :P
With 10 min left Vale player got silly and kicked a Pontians player off the ball and then a different Pontian player retaliated in a tackle with that Vale player and got himself sent off, then the Vale player hit the the same Pontian player as before and got himself sent off. Very silly when your team is 2-0 up and 10 to go.
I thought Pontians took to Vale in the second half and although Vale might off deserved the win I think the Pontians will do well in weeks to come if they play like they did in the second half.
Vale and Farm next week for winner takes all maybe???

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eric the great »

Vista09 wrote:Vista vs Gully reserves today. An incident occured where Michael Krollig punched one of our players clean in the jaw just about knocking him out was only given a yellow card by the home ref. This is disgraceful and for an incident like that he should be out for a few weeks especially after he wasonly sent off a few weeks ago.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to publically apologise to the vista defender for what happened yesterday.
I still proclaim there was no intent to hurt the defender rather it was a stray elbow.
I admit I was using force to push the player away with my forearm but my elbow connected with the under side of his chin.
I do not play the game to hurt people and this is not in my nature. I saw the player on the ground straight after the incident and felt terrible.
Once again I apologise to the vista defender it was an accident.
I totally understand the reaction which followed and I probably would have done the same thing.
-MK
When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

eric the great wrote:
Vista09 wrote:Vista vs Gully reserves today. An incident occured where Michael Krollig punched one of our players clean in the jaw just about knocking him out was only given a yellow card by the home ref. This is disgraceful and for an incident like that he should be out for a few weeks especially after he wasonly sent off a few weeks ago.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to publically apologise to the vista defender for what happened yesterday.
I still proclaim there was no intent to hurt the defender rather it was a stray elbow.
I admit I was using force to push the player away with my forearm but my elbow connected with the under side of his chin.
I do not play the game to hurt people and this is not in my nature. I saw the player on the ground straight after the incident and felt terrible.
I totally understand the reaction which followed and I probably would have done the same thing.
-MK
I will pass the appology on to the player involved. Thank you for the quick appology though.

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

eric the great wrote:

-MK
Takes a man to admit their error - I personally know MK - and believe that it would have been an unintentional act. He doesnt play the game with violent play or anything like that.

Avagoyamug
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Avagoyamug »

Chas wrote:
eric the great wrote:

-MK
Takes a man to admit their error - I personally know MK - and believe that it would have been an unintentional act. He doesnt play the game with violent play or anything like that.
Agreed.

more tea vicar
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by more tea vicar »

eric the great wrote:

-MK

Thankyou mate for taking the time to apologise, i too will pass it on to the rest of the b's players and coaching staff,
I'm sure its all done and dusted now.
Cheers.
AKA BULLDOG

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

eric the great wrote:

I do not play the game to hurt people and this is not in my nature. I saw the player on the ground straight after the incident and felt terrible.Once again I apologise to the vista defender it was an accident.
-MK
After rushing over to the scene of the incident to pull the gully boys away. I grabbed MK to pull him away and he did have that shocked look on his face(the faark i didn't think i hit him hard look) and could tell he didn't mean to do it. Well done MK to jump on here and apologise.
And well done to both teams for not turning it into some kind of BLACK EAGLES type riot, both teams just got back to what we all love and that is playing good- hard but reasonbally fair football. Thought it would of been a good game to watch with plenty of chances at both ends and generally good standard of play for B grade football. A good win for our side to erase the memory of the 4-1 defeat early in the year.
As for the A game, thought the Vista guys seemed to be a bit more hungry and switched on than the Gully boys. Disappointing as we needed the win to close the gap on top two.Great local derby day with plenty of hard tackles and great banter from both supporters. I know it was cold but surely number 7 had enough fat to keep him warm, don't think he needed the skivvy and nanas gloves :D Good luck for rest of season Vista but beware Vista B's you are in our sights.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

Here, no losses............... No losses here :!: :!:

Go you Westies :wink: :wink:

FOOTBALL FOR LIFE
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by FOOTBALL FOR LIFE »

Pontians they are a great team and i have been there with there for a few years now. Yes they are struggeling but we do have a few key players out with injuries.

A's 2-0 down
B's 2-1 Down
C's 2-1 UP

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

leftfoot10 wrote:A BIG thanks to all players & supporters from Parafield Gardens for your support with our Yiros & bbq hope you enjoyed

Three great games played in great spirit.

C's 3 - 2 Win to The Gardens
B's 4 - 1 Win to the Beach
A's 2 - 2 Draw

Good luck to the Gardens for the rest of the season
Thanks mate the Yiros's were great & hopefully well see you next season.
Manker B.O.G

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Great win for Croatia. Finally got a very heavy monkey off our back.
Fulhams website gives a good, and modest account of the game.
Choo Choo, theres a red ,white and blue freight train coming.
Still room for improvement, and a player or 2 to come in.
One might be an ex-socceroo, but you didnt hear that from me.
The prospect of relegation has finally sunk in and none of us like it.
We took the first half of the season too seriously, training twice aweek
with shuttles and all that. We're having fun now.
We've got plans for alot more scalps this year, especially Inter and Bosna.

Tick
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Tick »

eric the great wrote:

-MK

Well Done...Gooner! 8)

PinchWeasel
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PinchWeasel »

Right Winger wrote:Great win for Croatia. Finally got a very heavy monkey off our back.
Mark Viduka??
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

I know it was cold but surely number 7 had enough fat to keep him warm, don't think he needed the skivvy and nanas gloves

they don't call me Ron Jeremy for nothing!!!!
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

Branko Milosevic would be the ex socceroo signing for Croatia

Black Legion
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Black Legion »

Right Winger wrote:Great win for Croatia. Finally got a very heavy monkey off our back.
Speaking of monkeys - did you service yours on the wknd??

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

PinchWeasel, V-Bomber is unavailable. Wont be in Adelaide until xmas.
Same with Wally Savor.
Black Legion, the monkey has to stay home nexy week. Came home with
no jocks and only 1 sock.?!?!?
Bad monkey.

We've had Branko on the books for a month , but we dont want to do
a Modbury and play a ringer instead of a regular just to win.

Black Legion
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Black Legion »

Right Winger wrote:PinchWeasel, V-Bomber is unavailable. Wont be in Adelaide until xmas.
Same with Wally Savor.
Black Legion, the monkey has to stay home nexy week. Came home with
no jocks and only 1 sock.?!?!?
Bad monkey.

We've had Branko on the books for a month , but we dont want to do
a Modbury and play a ringer instead of a regular just to win.
Sounds like your monkey needs to be put in a cage!!!!

You might want to put some sort of a restraint on it if we grab the 3 points this week.

I heard the Glynde Hotel is worse than Gepps Cross.

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Be fine next week
Promised God i would never, ever drink again.......again
That stara's head looked like a rotisary chicken.

Black Legion
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Black Legion »

Right Winger wrote:Be fine next week
Promised God i would never, ever drink again.......again
That stara's head looked like a rotisary chicken.
A rotisary chicken is a bit of a stretch..... I was thinking of a wild bore covered in mud.

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

thats what beer goggles do to you.
big ole thick, smudged and cracked beer goggles