Vista V's Gully...

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Vista V's Gully...

Post by 713 »

Big game this weekend.. Should be a great crowd on show to watch the battle of the north-east..!
Just wondering who people think the main impact players will be, Gully hav some good talent this year, as do Vista.. Sigining Gannon??, will this help or hinder Vista's chances??? Big name player, but is likely to be out there for himself and not the team.., but saying that if he scores the winner, i guess everyone will think he's a hero.., should like that hey Scotty...! Anyway, please comment on your thoughts of the game.. Cant wait!!

Cheers..

Gully14

Score: Gully 4 - Vista 2

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Vista V's Gully...

Post by Jay Walking »

713 wrote:Big game this weekend.. Should be a great crowd on show to watch the battle of the north-east..!
Just wondering who people think the main impact players will be, Gully hav some good talent this year, as do Vista.. Sigining Gannon??, will this help or hinder Vista's chances??? Big name player, but is likely to be out there for himself and not the team.., but saying that if he scores the winner, i guess everyone will think he's a hero.., should like that hey Scotty...! Anyway, please comment on your thoughts of the game.. Cant wait!!

Cheers..

Gully14

Score: Gully 4 - Vista 2
Is that a bit of bitterness towards Gannon because you guys didn't sign him. I heard that you chased him pretty hard once he left Jets.

Anyway, I would think that this new signing is the one you are going to have to worry about. He would walk into any Div 1 side, let alone Div 2

Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 713 »

hahahaha... sure thing mate. why would be chase him??? not worth it.. didnt hear about anyone from the club contacting him, different story about the Farm tho.. wanted Gannon asap.. he wouldnt make your team anyway.. will be lucky to last the game against us, early tackle, early shower... not that he's worth worrying about..

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

ill reply on behalf of Vista.......just another game for us. With knights playing inter, one would assume a loss to knights, therefore allowing Vista to beat the gully, become 2 points behind knights, then playing knights next week. It doesn't matter who we are playing this week, that above is our reasoning for a win this week. if all goes to plan, we'll be sitting mid table going into the break, with then an onslaught onto the other teams. We are lucky that it is in our own hands, no one elses. no predictions, just a win for vista.
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

pc wrote:ill reply on behalf of Vista.......just another game for us. With knights playing inter, one would assume a loss to knights, therefore allowing Vista to beat the gully, become 2 points behind knights, then playing knights next week. It doesn't matter who we are playing this week, that above is our reasoning for a win this week. if all goes to plan, we'll be sitting mid table going into the break, with then an onslaught onto the other teams. We are lucky that it is in our own hands, no one elses. no predictions, just a win for vista.
Ass u me. ( dangerous word )
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Scott Gannon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scott Gannon »

Thank you to everyone for there opinions of me, after all this is a place were opinions are allowed.
I accept anything that has been said about me, good or bad... once again, thank you for your comments and i look forward to the game on Sunday, but as PC said, just another game.. so im sure ill be my normal "arrogant" self., thats if i last the game.. anyway..

i wish everyone all the best for this week and for the rest of the season.

Thanks.
Scott Gannon

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Agreed PC just another game this week. 3 points up for grabs and thats all were after.

Scott Gannon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scott Gannon »

Thanks pal

Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 713 »

Gully win!Thanks for your post Gannon. my opinions dont change.
See you sunday.

Scott Gannon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scott Gannon »

Thanks again pal.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

713 wrote:hahahaha... sure thing mate. why would be chase him??? not worth it.. didnt hear about anyone from the club contacting him, different story about the Farm tho.. wanted Gannon asap.. he wouldnt make your team anyway.. will be lucky to last the game against us, early tackle, early shower... not that he's worth worrying about..
He will have a cracker on the weekend. Not only that, the master coach Spellow House is now in control. By the way Spellow, the jacket you ordered has arrived :lol: 8)

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

Gully to win in a close one, Gully have two players back from suspension. Cant wait, should be a great game!
Gully14 to have a blinder!
No one likes us, We dont care!

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Jay Walking wrote:
713 wrote:hahahaha... sure thing mate. why would be chase him??? not worth it.. didnt hear about anyone from the club contacting him, different story about the Farm tho.. wanted Gannon asap.. he wouldnt make your team anyway.. will be lucky to last the game against us, early tackle, early shower... not that he's worth worrying about..
He will have a cracker on the weekend. Not only that, the master coach Spellow House is now in control. By the way Spellow, the jacket you ordered has arrived :lol: 8)
I agree Jay, Scotty will run amuk against a gully side that is too slow and lacks creativity. They will be that focused on trying to stop him that they'll forget about their own game. I played against scott when he was at cambelltown and he was as quick as lightning. I think the lad is down on a bit of confidence and is using the amateurs as a way of rebuilding it as I am. Good luck to you buddy, hope you score a double this week and condemn TTG to mid-table mediocrity for the rest of the season.

MrGG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MrGG »

Sounds like this thread is here mainly to incite the players of both teams.

I agree with PC - end of the day another 3 points on the line. Going to be a close game and should be great to watch from sidelines.

If Vista lose they will have a tough few weeks against knights & inter. I'm sure all Vista will be trying to do is turn around their start of the year and control their own destiny.

Gully need the win to stay intouch of 2nd.

Scott Gannon is a good player but he is only 1 player. Too much being said about him, people talking like he is some messiah etc. See how he plays this week and the rest of the year before everyone sticks the knife in or not. As it stands he is just another federation player playing in SAASL - plenty of those going around.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

MrGG wrote:Sounds like this thread is here mainly to incite the players of both teams.

I agree with PC - end of the day another 3 points on the line. Going to be a close game and should be great to watch from sidelines.

If Vista lose they will have a tough few weeks against knights & inter. I'm sure all Vista will be trying to do is turn around their start of the year and control their own destiny.

Scott Gannon is a good player but he is only 1 player. Too much being said about him, people talking like he is some messiah etc. See how he plays this week and the rest of the year before everyone sticks the knife in or not. As it stands he is just another federation player playing in SAASL - plenty of those going around.
Totally agree
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Scott Gannon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scott Gannon »

MrGG wrote:Sounds like this thread is here mainly to incite the players of both teams.

Totally agree also, im nothing special, just looking to have a kick and enjoy my football, of course when you cross the white line the passion kicks in you want to win, but thats the beauty of sport...
Really looking forward to the game..

Tom Clancy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tom Clancy »

Sounds like it could be a cracking game... Imagine if Carman is playing in goals aswell as Gannon.
Might have to come watch. Did anyone find out if he is playing.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

My money is on the Gully!! Should have all there teething problems and any other issues out the way by now, Boots is doing a good job and the players are responding to him and are doing well. The last game was 4-3 to the Gully, I dont see why that would change. Im sure it will be a tight and tough game. My view on any player as an individual isnt good, S.Gannon will help Vista Im sure BUT why would 1 player change the whole team? Maybe he will....maybe he wont

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Anyone believes this thread is quite funny

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Good Luck to Gully and Vista (both A's and B's) hopefully as in the first leg this season the game will be played in good spirits and another close derby will be produced. Good to see Scotty getting a mention on here already and everyone excited about the rival game. Hopefully we see everyone who commented on this subject out to watch what i reckon is one of the best rivalry matches in the SAASL. As for anything that anyone is trying to muster up rumour wise.......... i think if you wanna know who is playing you best make some time to pop down to tilley reserve on sunday afternoon and have a look. im sure there will be pleanty of supporters (Both Blue and White and Black and Yellow) that can fill you in on who is playing and what number they are wearing. :wink:

Like i said before good luck to both sides and may the best team on the day take the spoils.

Outlaw :mrgreen:
HA'WAY THE LADS

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

In terms of fitness and ability Gannon will be a class above anyone else on the park, and that is to take nothing away from the other good players who play for Vista and TTG. However there is simply a massive difference between a Div 2 player and a Super League player, even a fringe Super League player as Gannon generally was.

I don't really care who wins, though it would be nice to see real club men like Spellow House and More Tea Vicar have some success. However either way I hope Gannon dominates, puts a couple away and generally takes the p1ss.

MrGG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MrGG »

avenell_road wrote:In terms of fitness and ability Gannon will be a class above anyone else on the park, and that is to take nothing away from the other good players who play for Vista and TTG. However there is simply a massive difference between a Div 2 player and a Super League player, even a fringe Super League player as Gannon generally was.

I don't really care who wins, though it would be nice to see real club men like Spellow House and More Tea Vicar have some success. However either way I hope Gannon dominates, puts a couple away and generally takes the p1ss.
Speaking of fitness....Scott when is your personal training boot camp starting?

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

scott will only get so much of the ball as gullies long ball style will have him looking skyward for much of the 90 :roll: only when vista get to play it on the floor will he be able to show them.vista 3-1 gannon will score
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Scott Gannon
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scott Gannon »

Boot Camp Starting 1st of September.. will be great to see you out there..!
Cant wait... 1-1 Personal Training sessions now avaliable.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

avenell_road

In terms of fitness and ability Gannon will be a class above anyone else on the park, and that is to take nothing away from the other good players who play for Vista and TTG. However there is simply a massive difference between a Div 2 player and a Super League player, even a fringe Super League player as Gannon generally was.
sorry cant agree with you!!! the raptors have lost 3 players from 2007 to play federation (2 players went to a super league team and the other to a state league team) and i can assure you that they are holding their own.

if i can make a general statement, the biggest difference would be fitness levels and dedication/committment (assuming a similar technical ability)
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

thought u guys lost the 2 margaritas boys to cobras?? who went to super league and wot club??Nick simpson left ttg and went to modbury and plays every week..certain players can cut it , but in general big gulf between 2 standards.
things happen for a reason

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

MegaBonus wrote:
avenell_road

sorry cant agree with you!!! the raptors have lost 3 players from 2007 to play federation (2 players went to a super league team and the other to a state league team) and i can assure you that they are holding their own.

if i can make a general statement, the biggest difference would be fitness levels and dedication/committment (assuming a similar technical ability)
I assume that the 2 that are now playing Super League first team were 2 of your better players, if not your best. My point being that the standard of an average Div 2 amateur player is far lower than that of an average Super League player, that much is common sense. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule and the exceptional players in an amateur team can easily fit back into a federation team, however my point related to the general standard of the 2 leagues. The difference is more than just fitness, anyone who has watched both leagues can see that (and I am not suggesting that you have not watched both leagues).

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Jay Walking wrote:Anyone believes this thread is quite funny
Who believes 713 or Gully 14 is actually from the Gully? :roll:
If you are from the Gully mate pm me and tell me who you are ! :?
Some how I dont think so ???
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:Anyone believes this thread is quite funny
Who believes 713 or Gully 14 is actually from the Gully? :roll:
If you are from the Gully mate pm me and tell me who you are ! :?
Some how I dont think so ???
Dont believe 713 is from the Gully. Gully 14 is what they signed off in the first post though? :?

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

Really looking forward to this one this weekend, shame it wasn't on friday night.
C'mon ye gullies!!!!!!!!!!!!