Results June 28th/29th

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Results June 28th/29th

Post by Hawkesy »

rooboy1986 wrote:I was there... but it is crucial my identity remain a mystery!

Hawkesy... take my advice chief it will serve you well.
I will mate - it's a piece of advice that has been said before. Not my greatest game as I didn't feel like I really had control for some periods and some schoolboy signalling errors as well. Oh well, at least none of my decisions affected the game.

My own advice for myself, don't get hammered the night before reff'ing. Please feel free to PM me with any critiquing of my performance.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

GioDosSantos
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by GioDosSantos »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
nachoman wrote:raptors v salisbury inter
A's) 2-6
B's) 0-2
C's) 2-1 ( not 100% sure on this )

nice food by raptors too
Yes the food was good. I thought you were going to buy me a chicken wing Image
Can confirm all of those results and I beleive the C2 team beat Adelaide Villa 7-1.

A's
The scoreline flattered Inter. The sending off of the keeper no doubt played a big part in the result. It was 2-2 at the time, although I have to say there was controversy over the second Raptors' goal. The linesman flagged off side and the referee over ruled it. I wasn't perfectly in line so I can't say for sure, but it did look iffy. There was an incident a few minutes later where the same linesman flagged offside and the referee told him "never..." but I was in line with that one and when the orignal ball was played it was offside. The penalty from where I was standing looked like a penalty, although there were counter claims that the person who was fouled went in with studs showing. Couldn't tell from my angle. Probably not by that scoreline, but Inter deserved the win.

B's
Don't remember any real incidents from this game. I guess like when you read a book you remember the beginning and the end but not what's in the middle. There were a few arguments between some players after the game but it dispersed as quick as it started.

C's
Much closer game. All the goals in the first half, settled by a penalty which I think was a correct decision. Protests of getting the ball but it was a tackle from behind, endo of story. There was also an incident after the whistle but I didn't see the actual incident except for a player lying on the ground and some pointing of fingers.

C2's
Didn't watch the game but was advised of the score from someone who participated in it.

I met at least half a dozen forumites at the game.
Bodo you have got to be joking, I was playing in the C grade game and that was no way a penalty. Our player got the whole ball and the tackle wasn't directly from behind, it was from the side.

Also, with about 5 minutes to go. A Raptors player ran past one of our players, elbowed him in the head and said sucked in grenache and then ran away.

If the ref had done his job properly in the first place, the precedents at the end of the game wouldn't have happened. Endo of story.
The Club is always bigger and more important than any individual player.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

did the guy from Modbury Jets Feds play for Vista today?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

pcrocks215 wrote:USC Lion 1 - Pontians 0

Great effort by the boys today.

We controlled the game for 80 of the 95 minutes and eventually i think through weight of numbers finally managed to bundle a well deserved goal in with 10 to play. Great work hugenie :lol: :lol: .

Pontians never really got into the game , i think due in part to our boys working their bollocks off to close down pontians playmakers in the middle of the park. Great work billy, zlad, pauly and kirbs

Now on to Farms next week. Cmon lads lets get to training . Its good now with Stef, you will see if you can be bothered getting off the missus and coming out for a kick. :lol: :lol:

I know its warm and cosy at home and sometimes a little cold and wet at training but I haven't seen a person dissolve yet in the rain and i have a sneaky suspicion that you wont dissolve either :oops: :oops: :oops:
haha nice rant PC.

The boys played really well today. We were disciplined right through and worked hard for each other. 1st half looked like one of those games were you create a load of chances, but could not put anyaway. The goal came deep in the second half when some sloppy defending saw Goran collect a mishit clearance, calmly squared it to Eugene, who cooly hit it under an exposed goalkeeper. The win takes us out of the bottom two and 1 win from 5th.

Ingle Farm next week will be tough game again, hopefully like last year we can cause somewhat of an upset.

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

sacred_june (GrooveChild) wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:hey bodo

no mention of he raptors's 1st goal???

one of the best ive seen at this level!!!

the player in question received the ball near the centre circle. glided past one, skipped past another before unleashing a 25yd thunderbolt which crashed off the underside of the bar before bouncing in!!

no im not him!!! :D
yeah but who won the ball and gave it to him?
But the one that you shot out onto Devitt Ave was a gem. Definitely one for the bloopers reel at the end of the season. :)

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

RtnMchn wrote:you are a clown :clown:
what a comment from a bloke that losing to a team who is the most over rated team....i think you guys are highly overrated and im not the only one who thinks it many others do too.....

we are actually better we just dropped to your standard today so sorry about that :lol:

well done asteras on clinching a vital 3 points today against some pretty average opposition but hey we'll take it all day
Asteras 5 Munno Para 3

Firstly let me say, that previous comments don't reflect the thoughts of all at the club and probably suffered from a little venting of frustrations.

The game today was an interesting one. I don't think the scoreline really provides an accurate portrayal of what happened, but when the dust settles the game is about scoring the most goals and that is what Asteras did.

From the kickoff Para jumped out of the blocks and certainly had the better of the first 25 minutes and were rewarded with a well timed finish to put them 1-0 up. They looked very dangerous in this period, particularly down the right hand side, but were just lacking with the final touch and didn't trouble the keeper nearly enough.

Asteras scored against the flow of play with a well taken free kick from 30 yards on about the half hour mark. The goal seemed to wake them up and they got on top and were unlucky not to go 2-1 up as a shot came crashing back off an upright.

The second half started just as the first finished, a bit of an arm wrestle with possesion being shared. Then, through some dysfunctional defending and excellent pressure from the strikers, Asteras were able to get a couple of quick goals.The second of these an understandable penalty but arguably a bit harsh (keeper dived on the ball and wrapped his arm around the strikers leg in the process).

Munno Para then seemed to get back on top and quickly pulled one back. The game seemed as though it might be well and truly alive at this point and Para were certainly threatening another. However it wasn't to be, Asteras strikers were having a 'three points in the best and fairest' kinda day and somehow kept getting one on ones with the keeper. They showed their class, burying the opportunities they were given and highlighting that possesion means nothing if you dont put the ball in the back of the net.

To Para's credit they did pull one back and spent the last 15 on top pushing hard for another, but Asteras had done more than enough. Asteras played well and deserved the win and I think it was an excellent effort for a team to score 5, particularly when I thought they actually played better football in round 1. Football is a funny game though.

Just a final note, the ref I thought was pretty consistent today and controlled the game pretty well. But I am gobsmacked that he threatened to call the game off because the Munno Para supporters were being too loud. They were not violent, they were not throwing things, they were simply getting behind their team that (at that stage) was 3-2 down. It really was silly and heavy handed.

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

medallion wrote:
sacred_june (GrooveChild) wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:hey bodo

no mention of he raptors's 1st goal???

one of the best ive seen at this level!!!

the player in question received the ball near the centre circle. glided past one, skipped past another before unleashing a 25yd thunderbolt which crashed off the underside of the bar before bouncing in!!

no im not him!!! :D
yeah but who won the ball and gave it to him?
But the one that you shot out onto Devitt Ave was a gem. Definitely one for the bloopers reel at the end of the season. :)
i was spewing after that shot because just before i hit it the ball bobbled up out of no where, hence i hit a volley off the side of my boot (even though i was dribbling the ball on the ground moments before!)
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
sacred_june (GrooveChild) wrote:yeah but who won the ball and gave it to him?
I have to say you made a few good runs today. I was a tad surprised because I don't recall you doing anything like that in the Fulham game.
I was carrying an injury from the week before. Hence why i only played the last 20 mins against Fulham
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I remember you saying that now that you mention it.

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

Forza Roma wrote:did the guy from Modbury Jets Feds play for Vista today?
Yeh, Scott Gannon played for Vista today, will be for rest of season, fitted in well in central midfield, handy pick up
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

pc wrote:
Yeh, Scott Gannon played for Vista today, will be for rest of season, fitted in well in central midfield, handy pick up
big fall from the kid 2 years ago he was at Marconi
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

ORANGE PEELER
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by ORANGE PEELER »

TheBucket wrote:
RtnMchn wrote:you are a clown :clown:
what a comment from a bloke that losing to a team who is the most over rated team....i think you guys are highly overrated and im not the only one who thinks it many others do too.....

we are actually better we just dropped to your standard today so sorry about that :lol:

well done asteras on clinching a vital 3 points today against some pretty average opposition but hey we'll take it all day
Asteras 5 Munno Para 3

Firstly let me say, that previous comments don't reflect the thoughts of all at the club and probably suffered from a little venting of frustrations.

The game today was an interesting one. I don't think the scoreline really provides an accurate portrayal of what happened, but when the dust settles the game is about scoring the most goals and that is what Asteras did.

From the kickoff Para jumped out of the blocks and certainly had the better of the first 25 minutes and were rewarded with a well timed finish to put them 1-0 up. They looked very dangerous in this period, particularly down the right hand side, but were just lacking with the final touch and didn't trouble the keeper nearly enough.

Asteras scored against the flow of play with a well taken free kick from 30 yards on about the half hour mark. The goal seemed to wake them up and they got on top and were unlucky not to go 2-1 up as a shot came crashing back off an upright.

The second half started just as the first finished, a bit of an arm wrestle with possesion being shared. Then, through some dysfunctional defending and excellent pressure from the strikers, Asteras were able to get a couple of quick goals.The second of these an understandable penalty but arguably a bit harsh (keeper dived on the ball and wrapped his arm around the strikers leg in the process).

Munno Para then seemed to get back on top and quickly pulled one back. The game seemed as though it might be well and truly alive at this point and Para were certainly threatening another. However it wasn't to be, Asteras strikers were having a 'three points in the best and fairest' kinda day and somehow kept getting one on ones with the keeper. They showed their class, burying the opportunities they were given and highlighting that possesion means nothing if you dont put the ball in the back of the net.

To Para's credit they did pull one back and spent the last 15 on top pushing hard for another, but Asteras had done more than enough. Asteras played well and deserved the win and I think it was an excellent effort for a team to score 5, particularly when I thought they actually played better football in round 1. Football is a funny game though.

Just a final note, the ref I thought was pretty consistent today and controlled the game pretty well. But I am gobsmacked that he threatened to call the game off because the Munno Para supporters were being too loud. They were not violent, they were not throwing things, they were simply getting behind their team that (at that stage) was 3-2 down. It really was silly and heavy handed.

Finally some sensibility inflection of the game yesterday. I think your comments Buckets are pretty well spot on. Had to have a laugh when the ref told your skipper to get some1 to control the crowd, there was nothing but a bit of banter flying around from the sidelines & the singing from your supporters was great, it gave the game a little bit of entertainment haha. Cheer Bucket & goof luck for the rest of the season

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

Galazia Stratia wrote:
pc wrote:
work commitments
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

Galazia Stratia wrote:
pc wrote:
OVER-RATED
I don't believe in God but i'm afraid of him

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

jets no.7 wrote:
grewcock wrote:
jets no.7 wrote:gardens 2 downs 2
good game to watch thought parafield dominated the second half with a downs player getting sent off!
Can you give us a brief run-down of your game yesterday
mate?[/quote

we started the game flat and went 1-0 down to a scrappy goal from our own mistake and really struggled to come back from that, a few chances for each team but nothing clear cut maybe with some better thinking and composure in the box it could have been 1-1 at half time. as for the second half i think we had the better of the play and got caught off a corner which fell to 1 of there midfielders who shot from distance which took a deflection and wrong footed our keeper. player who it hit was in a off side position but pretty hard to call. we got a goal back pretty much straight away but to little to late! good young team sterling though and credit to them
Stirling are not a bad team but nothing like they were last year, young and fit though which always helps.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Any reports from the PH East game (East boy normally puts one up) - good to hear you played in the ressies yesterday!

or Florina - Alm01 - awaiting your regular write up

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Just because you asked so nicely Mr X........

We started of very well as we have done in all our games this year. Westies seemed to be lacking any real threat going forward at any time during the first half. We had a fairly strong line up this week and we seemed up for the fight. I would say we had the better of the first half with alex playing well up front and giving his player a bath. He had a few chances to finish, but not to be. Our worry was half time. So many games this year have we played so well in the first half, then come out in the second to get punished. We started a little shakey in the second, but after about 5 minutes we were back in the game. We had limited chances in the second half, but our intensity was second to none. It actually looked like the east of old. Fighting for everything and we looked desperate.
But.......with around 20 minutes to go one of the westies forwards was in a foot race with our defender heading towards our defending goal. Our defender slid to knock the ball away, which he did, but collected a bit of the attacker with him. SEND OFF! I was standing right in front of the incident and i know everyone will say i'm bias, but if that was a straight red, my god! That pretty much killed the game for us in an attacking sense and we were pretty camped in our half for the rest of the game. Westies struggled to find their extra man in attack and our boys worked their bollocks off to shut down any threat. The Westies coach was getting frustrated cos most times they resorted to long balls into the box, instead of finding their extra man out wide. It felt like a win for us yesterday and showed that we can mix it up with anyone in the league.
All in all i still to this day dont know how westies are still undefeated, but it is a credit to them i guess. They work hard and are well drilled but not a title contending team i dont think. The slide will begin now..... hopefully. :) The depth is just not there. I played ressies and there isn't too many guys who could step up into that first team. Maybe 2, number 8 and 9, but they aren't fit enough anyway.
Time will tell

Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 3 »

Yeh, Scott Gannon played for Vista today, will be for rest of season, fitted in well in central midfield, handy pick up[/quote]

big fall from the kid 2 years ago he was at Marconi[/quote]

OVER-RATED[/quote]

very over-rated

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

3 wrote:Yeh, Scott Gannon played for Vista today, will be for rest of season, fitted in well in central midfield, handy pick up
big fall from the kid 2 years ago he was at Marconi[/quote]

OVER-RATED[/quote]

very over-rated[/quote]

Give the kid a break. He is young, fit and skillful- he will be a massive pick up for a div 2 side who did not have the start to the season that they would have liked.

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

too tired last night got home opened laptop and fell asleep..
will be updating our webpage tonight.
good game though 1-1 draw end to end stuff. few hit posts from vale and good saves from both keepers.
vales nice goal, florina's nice free kick equaliser..
LIVERPOOL FC *****

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Farmer Joe wrote:
3 wrote:Yeh, Scott Gannon played for Vista today, will be for rest of season, fitted in well in central midfield, handy pick up
OVER-RATED[/quote]

very over-rated[/quote]

Give the kid a break. He is young, fit and skillful- he will be a massive pick up for a div 2 side who did not have the start to the season that they would have liked.[/quote]

Alot of people seem to have negative opinions on Scott Gannon. He has proven he can play at a very good level and has his reasons for playing the rest of the season in the AM league. I am pretty sure he is ALOT better player than all these people with negative opinions. Like him or not, he is a talented player and is still young!

MrGG
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MrGG »

Vista09 wrote:
Farmer Joe wrote:
OVER-RATED

Will he stick around? or will he bugger off like his old man did when things got tough? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

A's Brahma 2 Plympton 0
B's Brahma 0 Plympton 0
C's Brahma 2 TTG 4
35'3 Celts 2 woodpeckers 0 (forfeit)

Good win for the Brahma, equal 2nd now with 4 other teams. Every game is a must win for all clubs, 6th place and below not far off the pace too. Plympton were a very good team, can see them taking points of teams in this half of the season. Great ref yesterday too, actually the refs we've had for both games against the dogs have been great.

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

Will he stick around? or will he bugger off like his old man did when things got tough? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

HA HA HA

Its nothing personal, but scott gannon is a very over rated player and i dont think he has proven that he can play at a high standard.

Perhaps he is a much better player than you vista 09? but thats probably not a great achievement..

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Galazia Stratia wrote:Pontian Eagles 0 Usc Lion 1

Pontians started the better of the two for the first 10 minutes. After that it seemed fairly even Lion probably could count themselves unlucky no to be 1 up at the break. Second half i felt Lion were the better team and Eagles looked tired and flat. With about 10 to go Eagles defender makes mistake trying to clear cross goals and Lion made them pay. Eagles peshed everyone forward at the end but to no avail. Interesting toi see Paradiso ask to be subbed with the game at 0-1 looked like there was nothing wrong with him. Golden Eagle had a good game pulling off some telling saves but the Eagles look no where near dangerous without billy karapetis.
Not taking anything away from Lion as they deserved the 3 points yesterday but that was the worst display this year from the Pontians. Players didnt wont to be out there yesterday and we played a side hungry and desperate to get a result and impress their new coach. We on the other hand were lackluster and didnt run or move into position to get the ball. With Peter and Billy both out we missed their run and ball playing abilities. Paradiso came off because its very hard to run out 2 games!!!

Our best chance of scoring came from a Lion defender who tried to clear the ball and it looked like a shot that their keeper saved well. That was his only save of the game. The boys need to realise that they have to put in 100% each and every week to get a result and not rely on a few that do the job week in week out.

The Vale next week will be interesting as we owe them a decent game with 11 fit players! unlike last time :(

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

SCOTT GANNON is a great pick up for vista,i would have been very happy if we had picked him up just down the road.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

boots wrote:SCOTT GANNON is a great pick up for vista,i would have been very happy if we had picked him up just down the road.
I reckon he would walk into any amateur team.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

grewcock wrote:Will he stick around? or will he bugger off like his old man did when things got tough? :lol: :lol: :lol:
HA HA HA

Its nothing personal, but scott gannon is a very over rated player and i dont think he has proven that he can play at a high standard.

Perhaps he is a much better player than you vista 09? but thats probably not a great achievement..[/quote]

He is a better player than me, thats why he has played SASI, Joeys and Super League! As Boots and Di Canio said he is a great pick up and im sure any team would of been more than happy to have him as he would walk into any amateur club and most Super League ones too!

AtTheEast
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AtTheEast »

Mr X wrote:Any reports from the PH East game (East boy normally puts one up) - good to hear you played in the ressies yesterday!

or Florina - Alm01 - awaiting your regular write up
Our pre-game was much better than it was the other week against parafield and it showed. We were really switched on this week and everybody was up for it, not just 5-6 players. All the boys played tough, disciplined football but i think the one thing that improved in bucketloads was our desperation to get to the ball first. The first half we had a couple of great chances but couldn't find the back of the net.

The second half we came out and the first high ball that came in bounced between two of our boys, causing a nervous moment. But it seemed to kick us in the ass and from then on we were desperate for everything. We then lost a defender with a fair while to go and were camped back a bit for the rest of the game but managed to hold out for a draw. Kirky made one cracking save towards the end but other than that I dont think he was really troubled. If we can perform like that every week then we'll go a long way to getting out of the relegation zone. The challenge this week was to put 90mins together. The next one is to do it two weeks in a row!!

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

Vista09 wrote:
grewcock wrote:Will he stick around? or will he bugger off like his old man did when things got tough? :lol: :lol: :lol:
HA HA HA

Perhaps he is a much better player than you vista 09? but thats probably not a great achievement..
He is a better player than me, thats why he has played SASI, Joeys and Super League! As Boots and Di Canio said he is a great pick up and im sure any team would of been more than happy to have him as he would walk into any amateur club and most Super League ones too![/quote]

Funny how such a fantastic player who has played sasi, joeys and super league, as you have pointed out vista09,is now playing amatures for a struggling sunday div 2 team..Its amazing how he could walk into any amature club and most super league clubs, as you also pointed out, yet he has chosen to play for modbury vista! Great player though