Elizabeth Downs v Ingle Farm....with pics

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Elizabeth Downs v Ingle Farm....with pics

Post by swannsong »

Elizabeth Downs (1) Ingle Farm (1) ....C'Team
Elizabeth Downs (2) Ingle Farm (3)..,, Reserves
Elizabeth Downs (0) Ingle Farm (0)....A's

Both teams had their chances today and Downs performed much better as a unit than they did against Pontians.
Farm keeper Robbie Greenwood? thwarted several Downs forays into attack with excellent saves.
Although Farm also had several strong attacking moves, and came close, most were aerial attacks that Ben Aldridge cleared successfully on most occasions.
Bert Fuda was everywhere and Red Andrews despite obviously still carrying an injury, mopped up well at the back. Young Brett Hain and Steve Butler put in good performances along with Brenton Agars
The result still makes it difficult for the Downs to catch Farm (7 points ahead), but there are still plenty of games to go.

Last edited by swannsong on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Elizabeth Downs v Ingle Farm

Post by De Voyeur »

Always a pleasure to have a battle in the middle with Bert. Respect!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Good to see the farm getting pegged back down to earth and who better than the seasoned campaigners THE DOWNS!! cant comment on the game but have to say a few results opened up Div 1 AND 2 over the weekend!!!! a great couple of days for our great game!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Why didn't Ross Taylor play?

Dannymills
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dannymills »

imanoutlaw wrote:Good to see the farm getting pegged back down to earth and who better than the seasoned campaigners THE DOWNS!! cant comment on the game but have to say a few results opened up Div 1 AND 2 over the weekend!!!! a great couple of days for our great game!!
you truly are a biff, the top 3 teams in div 1 all drew, how can that open the league up?
the downs farm game was a great battle for the neutral, real end to end stuff which both teams could have won, and it lived up to the pre game hype of champions versus contenders.
pegged back down to earth! why?
if you didnt see the game how can you comment?
the downs are a formidable team to play and at home they are very strong, not many teams will come to argana and grab a point let alone 3, maybe its because you are languising at the bottom of div 2 you dont understand, i can forgive you that.

ross taylor dropped due to poor form

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

danny your not a very nice person are ya?? dunno where you get off saying bottom of Div 2 mate Not there anymore!!! guess again!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

Ross Taylor didn't even play B's, i'm not convinced he has fully recovered from his knee reco!!!!!

downsboynow
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by downsboynow »

RT here - I quit midweek due to work commitments, some risk of doing the knee again and travel from my house is over 40 mins...both ways! Having said this, the Downs are an awesome club I hope they can get up again this year.

Go you downs!

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

Shouldn't you call yourself DOWNSBOYNOLONGER :?: :?:

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

I finally got out to see a Downs v Farm game and I thought it was a good, hard and tense game to watch, it had all bar a goal or two. Great one-on-one battles all over the pitch, the Bert and Dunty's show was a special one to mention, a few posts and some great saves. I thought the Downs really did not come out to play and were more content to hack the Farm round the half way line so they could get back and defend, then kick long balls for the strikers. Saying that there strategy nearly paid off with the Farm keeper having to pull off some good one-on-one saves. Dave Kenawell really should have clamped down on the fouls to get the game flowing better but Dave being Dave did nothing as usual. Speaking to a few Downs players after the game, the Downs were more then content to accept that strategy. To me the Downs are far from down and out. The Farm look good in patches, I thought there second sub looked like he had the goods and probably should have started.

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

How could you say that the Downs didnt look like they came out to play. We only really go physical once agars recieved a blatant elow to the head and had to get treatment.

For about the last half hour of the game it looked like The Famers were happy with the draw and were taking their time with nearly everything. To me, they looked the poorer looking team on the day.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

imanoutlaw wrote:Good to see the farm getting pegged back down to earth and who better than the seasoned campaigners THE DOWNS!! cant comment on the game but have to say a few results opened up Div 1 AND 2 over the weekend!!!! a great couple of days for our great game!!
Pegged down to Earth, the Farm..? I think the Downs have been mate

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

rob greenwood is a great keeper
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Big day for both clubs in each grade.

1st Team 0-0
The A's was a tough contest, a real battle of attrition. I dont think it was a great spectacle with running and direct play taking centre stage over skill. From our point of view, we were satisfied with a point but not happy. We had a few players who didnt quite play as well as they can but Downs should take some credit for that. Downs certainly came at us hard and we probably tried to take them on at their own game. Most teams will never beat the Downs doing this. Agars I thought was kept fairly well by Leon but he was definately the player that was going to break the game open. I think it was him who hit the cross bar. We had a couple of chances late also which we could of snuck a win with. In the end, a fair result but both teams could feel like they could of nabbed it. I know Motts thought they could of taken the 3 points and Simo thinks that we could of come away with our first 3 pointer at Argana Park since a trial game about 5 years ago.

Reserves 3-2
The B's was the game of the day for mine. We got a goal early from a good build up and then Downs conceeded an own goal after poor Azza miss judged a header. Downs came back into the game and scored again. After the half, Farm got another one which they though would kill the game off only for Downs to get one back. Real end to end stuff with both teams having a heap of chances. Downs defended well but I think we had the better play in the midfield. Well done to both teams and great to see the rivarly is still there but was a fairly clean game. All bar one of the games we have played recently have been close hard but skillful games. These two Ressies teams who do well against many Div 2 first teams.

C Team 1-1
The C's wasn't to bad of a game either. Not a bad pace for the C's with Farm having better of the first half but Downs looking the goods in 2nd half. Pugs was unlucky not to score a cracker but was well saved by our keeper. Our goal was a belter by our young Brazillian and Downs was from a good build up and nice through ball. Good game to play in and both again could of taken a win away but would settle for a draw. The refereeing was disgraceful to say the least. :wink: Nah actually not at all. Marooned did a good job and got all the big decisions correct which is all that we ask for in the C's. Well done mate!!

C'2 4-4
The boys played Greenock with no proper keeper and the bare 11. Appartenly they were 4-1 down with 30 mins to go so that is an excellent effort by the boys. I think they aren't far from notching their first win.

Dad's Army 3-0
A hung over Graham Scott got a double to easily defeat Athelstone.

Thanks to Motts, Marooned and the rest of the Downs boys for their hospitality on the day. Good to go into the clubrooms for a beer after the game. A good crowd their considering it was Mothers Day. For those of you who wrote off the Downs, all I can say is, you are :clown: 's. They will still be there challenging for the title come the end of the season.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

downsboynow wrote:RT here - I quit midweek due to work commitments, some risk of doing the knee again and travel from my house is over 40 mins...both ways! Having said this, the Downs are an awesome club I hope they can get up again this year.

Go you downs!
Sad to hear. Was a good striker

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

thought we (downs) had the best chances to score and win the game dont think ben had to make a save bar the 1 that hit the post.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

How does drawing 0-0 away to the team that has won the league the past 2 seasons constitute being "pegged back down to earth"? You have no idea, think before you post rubbish.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Obviously the downs clowns did not have the benefit of the cheating prick who reffed the reserves in the same fixture last year.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

B.Toomer wrote:Obviously the downs clowns did not have the benefit of the cheating prick who reffed the reserves in the same fixture last year.
And you'd be the same clown that has a go at nearly every ref you've had, myself included.
I witnessed first had the bollocking you lot gave Glyn at the reserves clash at your ground last year.
Good on you Brian !

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Make sure of your facts before you start making accusations Swannsong. I was not at that game last year, so could not have given Glyn any grief.I was at the game at your tip though. That cretin that reffed the reserves that day was simply a cheat, or perhaps just simple.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

B.Toomer wrote:Make sure of your facts before you start making accusations Swannsong. I was not at that game last year, so could not have given Glyn any grief.I was at the game at your tip though. That cretin that reffed the reserves that day was simply a cheat, or perhaps just simple.
Read the post, I never said you, I said you lot, referring to Ingle Farm.
The first line is directed at you.
Sadly your display in a game I refereed sometime back, affords me no respect for you or your opinion.
Last edited by swannsong on Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

I think Ill just find a corner & have big cry. Life is just not worth living after you said that.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

B.Toomer wrote:I think Ill just find a corner & have big cry. Life is just not worth living after you said that.
Don't worry Brian, maybe this will cheer you up !

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Ok ok.. settle boys

the ref that did the ressies was excellent at the Downs this time around. Didnt see the C's but heard he was fine too. So bringing up that arguement from last season has been addressed.. well done Downs.

And what you're talking about Swannie - yes most lads did rip into Glyn that day against you lot last season, but that is probably the only time it had ever happened, Glyn has been at our club for a number of years and has generally been excellent. And yes - Brian wasn't there then..

Leave it at that

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ROBBO wrote:Ok ok.. settle boys

the ref that did the ressies was excellent at the Downs this time around. Didnt see the C's but heard he was fine too. So bringing up that arguement from last season has been addressed.. well done Downs.

And what you're talking about Swannie - yes most lads did rip into Glyn that day against you lot last season, but that is probably the only time it had ever happened, Glyn has been at our club for a number of years and has generally been excellent. And yes - Brian wasn't there then..

Leave it at that
I'm very settled ROBBO, but Glyn was pretty upset that day.
Plus I'm not really into negativity.

cmonthabhoys
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cmonthabhoys »

good day to you all. i thought the intencity in the rezzies match was awesome and certainly great to be apart of.Both teams had their chances and no one was giving in. Great to see marty back out there in the thick of it. its very handy having both the lara boys playing beside ya. For the a's well im more than happy to walk away with a point from argana,whoever feels that that means the farm has been pegged back clearly has been spending too much time at the bar the last couple of seasons.downs are quality. special mention to the dunt/fuda contest and i thought alby lynn had reevesy's measure for the day aswell.

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

cmonthabhoys wrote:good day to you all. i thought the intencity in the rezzies match was awesome and certainly great to be apart of.Both teams had their chances and no one was giving in. Great to see marty back out there in the thick of it. its very handy having both the lara boys playing beside ya. For the a's well im more than happy to walk away with a point from argana,whoever feels that that means the farm has been pegged back clearly has been spending too much time at the bar the last couple of seasons.downs are quality. special mention to the dunt/fuda contest and i thought alby lynn had reevesy's measure for the day aswell.
Thought he played on Reevesy fantastically.

Mind you, he has to do something about that mo.... That was a shocker. You guys should loose just so he can shave it off.....!
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

cmonthabhoys
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cmonthabhoys »

i hear ya haha.hes a man of his word alby, that hideous excuse for a mo will stay put! hes regrettin it big time. any particular why young butler left federation. i know it must be good playing with the old man and i guess the money would be handy but surely at his age the highest level possible has to be the way to go. plenty of years before he needs to be playing with us bums...??

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Rexie wrote:
cmonthabhoys wrote:good day to you all. i thought the intencity in the rezzies match was awesome and certainly great to be apart of.Both teams had their chances and no one was giving in. Great to see marty back out there in the thick of it. its very handy having both the lara boys playing beside ya. For the a's well im more than happy to walk away with a point from argana,whoever feels that that means the farm has been pegged back clearly has been spending too much time at the bar the last couple of seasons.downs are quality. special mention to the dunt/fuda contest and i thought alby lynn had reevesy's measure for the day aswell.
Thought he played on Reevesy fantastically.

Mind you, he has to do something about that mo.... That was a shocker. You guys should loose just so he can shave it off.....!
Apparently his missus loves it. :wink: :shock:

cmonthabhoys
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by cmonthabhoys »

yeah yeah lets keep it PG hey. back to the football.....