Sunday Division 1 - Round 4

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Sunday Division 1 - Round 4

Post by De Voyeur »

Jay Walking wrote:Your right Farmer Joe. A new player out training tomorrow night to.
I didn't notice any new faces Jay.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Clearance wasn't givern yet. Maybe be out on Thursday or next week

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale Vale to bounce after round 3 loss, although a big hole to fill with Brooksy gone, - if Lion are full strength hope Redders nets number 4 and gets a draw.
Ingle Farm v Para Hills East - hopefully 4 from 4 for the Farm, although East improving with the last years =league B&F & best pound for pound player in the lague Gary Aitken back for Easties, and journeyman Kirky back (will he between the sticks)
Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - form says Pontains down on form, would love to see them get something though
Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens - always tough games between these two, but Gardens to bounce back, after a loss in rnd 3, with Florinas only points coming against PHE.
Para Hills West v West Beach - Westies if they can score an early goal and dont let an improving Beach into the contest, would give Wesites 10pts from 12, and doing well with Florina & Pontians to come in the next couple of weeks

Total 90
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Total 90 »

USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - Vale 1-0

Ingle Farm v Para Hills East - Farm 4-1

Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - Downs 0-2

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens - Gardens 0-1

Para Hills West v West Beach - Westies 1-3

It's Football, But Not As You Know It!

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oncewewereworiers »

KEANO16 wrote:Oh sounds really good, cant wait to roll my ankles this weekend! :roll:
just tape from the head down and you should be fine :lol:
hmmmm , cant argue with that.

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

make sure its the top of the head down :lol:

Morpheus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Morpheus »

Pontians pull your finger out and get a real pitch, not one at a fricken primary school, pathetic

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

I predict plenty of goals this week.

USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - Vale 2-1. The weather will be a huge factor in this game. If it is wet and windy then the Vale game may struggle a little.

Ingle Farm v Para Hills East - Farm 4-1

Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - Downs 0-3. Downs to continue its surge, till next week of course :D

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens - Gardens 1-2.

Para Hills West v West Beach - PH West 3-0.

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

West beach don't have a holding midfielder...We don't even play with a midfield, it is all long balls to Big Dan :lol:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Morpheus wrote:Pontians pull your finger out and get a real pitch, not one at a fricken primary school, pathetic
Your right, very easy to go and find another pitch isnt it!

Well we wont be there next year so you may get to only play on it once and then you can add it to your list of soccer memoirs and talk to your grandkids about it and make it sound a lot worse than it is.

Not doubt it a shocker but what can you do? The club wasnt gonna spend monies on it when we are going elsewhere next year.

Morpheus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Morpheus »

Alright then golden eagle, what ground are you movin to next year? I just think if you are in Div 1 amateurs then you should have a half decent pitch, there is nothin worse than playin on crap!

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

Morpheus wrote:Pontians pull your finger out and get a real pitch, not one at a fricken primary school, pathetic
i agree it is a disgrace but at least its bette then gawlers. thats like a cow paddock. but i guess there to busy dusting there crops
cleveland rocks!

Morpheus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Morpheus »

Alfonse Gangitano wrote:
i agree it is a disgrace but at least its bette then gawlers. thats like a cow paddock. but i guess there to busy dusting there crops
Haha thats funny cabernet

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Morpheus wrote:Alright then golden eagle, what ground are you movin to next year? I just think if you are in Div 1 amateurs then you should have a half decent pitch, there is nothin worse than playin on crap!
HQ

I have been told

Total 90
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Total 90 »

Bar facilities will be good then :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Football, But Not As You Know It!

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Beach_Driller wrote:West beach don't have a holding midfielder...We don't even play with a midfield, it is all long balls to Big Dan :lol:
they will have to kick it a fair way. i intend to be standing in the bar. no way i am going to risk getting my new hair do messed up :lol:

ian rush

Post by ian rush »

USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - lion to beat vale 3-1 with redders to get a double, after watching a disapointing vale outfit two weeks ago, tough times ahead for the vale.

Ingle Farm v Para Hills East -farm to win comfortably 4-0, D Eggers to break his duck for the farmers although am hoping easties show some heart and battle out for a result.

Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - Am predicting pontian to record there first victory of the year, 2-1.

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens- Who really cares. Both teams will finish the year mid table, and both play very boring football.

Para Hills West v West Beach- With both teams having links to port lion could almost call this game a derby. hehehehehe.
Westies to win 3-1, M Harris, M Simpson to score, good luck to S Robertson playing his first game of the season.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Im not playing today, no goals for me :(

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Off to school today (Ridley Grove) to watch Pontians take on Elizabeth Downs.
Should be a tight encounter with plenty of experience on show !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

bovva boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bovva boy »

USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - 0-3.... Too strong Vale

Ingle Farm v Para Hills East - 8-0... Sorry East but Farm are that good.

Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - 1-4.... Downs back on track, big Reeves to get a couple

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens - 0-3.... Ya just not good enuff Andrea

Para Hills West v West Beach - 4-0...... Beach not good travellers

leftfoot10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leftfoot10 »

West Beach v Para Hills West

C's 3-1 win to Westies.

B's 2-1 win to THE BEACH A scapy game after the beqch going up 2-0 in the 1st 20 mins of the 1st half. To Westies credit they kept coming & did get one back. Well done to the beach for doing enough to take the 3 points!!

A's 1-1 Draw. Not the big win to Westies as pridicted on here earlier. Our 1st win is just around the corner!!!

ian rush

Post by ian rush »

ian rush wrote:USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - lion to beat vale 3-1 with redders to get a double, after watching a disapointing vale outfit two weeks ago, tough times ahead for the vale.

Ingle Farm v Para Hills East -farm to win comfortably 4-0, D Eggers to break his duck for the farmers although am hoping easties show some heart and battle out for a result.

Pontian Eagles v Elizabeth Downs - Am predicting pontian to record there first victory of the year, 2-1.

Salisbury Florina v Parafield Gardens- Who really cares. Both teams will finish the year mid table, and both play very boring football.

Para Hills West v West Beach- With both teams having links to port lion could almost call this game a derby. hehehehehe.
Westies to win 3-1, M Harris, M Simpson to score, good luck to S Robertson playing his first game of the season.

well well what do you know a dissapointing downs lose 2-1 to pontians. who would've predicted that (me) hehehehe...

farm flog east 4-0

florina, gardens called off.. wow what a surprise. who reallly cares...

not sure of vale, lion score yet. redders any update.

possibly worst game of the season west v west = 1-1 bore draw
2 best defenders in the league playing up front for phw, nothing more. tough game today for the westies.
still long way to go and plenty of good times ahead for the westies.
west beach to continue to struggle but will make it hard for others to get results if they defend with that many behind the ball.

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

ian rush wrote:
ian rush wrote:USC Lion v Elizabeth Vale - lion to beat vale 3-1 with redders to get a double, after watching a disapointing vale outfit two weeks ago, tough times ahead for the vale.

well well what do you know a dissapointing downs lose 2-1 to pontians. who would've predicted that (me) hehehehe...

farm flog east 4-0

florina, gardens called off.. wow what a surprise. who reallly cares...

not sure of vale, lion score yet. redders any update.

possibly worst game of the season west v west = 1-1 bore draw
2 best defenders in the league playing up front for phw, nothing more. tough game today for the westies.
still long way to go and plenty of good times ahead for the westies.
west beach to continue to struggle but will make it hard for others to get results if they defend with that many behind the ball.
You predicted wrong mate, Downs lost 2-0 :oops:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

redders wrote:Im not playing today, no goals for me :(
Why not Redders? The knee?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Well done Ian Rush ,great name btw. Who will tip against Pontians this week!!!!

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

Vale 4 - Lions 2

Good win for the Vale, Not the most attractive game to have watched I imagine but we went their with a job to do and come home with the 3 points.
Lion had a good share of the ball and probably dominated possession of the ball overall but the Vale used it more far more effectively and took their chances and even missed quite a few.
Chris Nicholls bagged another 2 quality goals and was given a bonus OG. Super sub Alan Parker scored a late goal to secure the points with a fine header ( I reckon the ball hit him and went in ). hehe
The Lions 2nd goal was definte offside but no flag and goal stood, this made it 3-2 before the sealer for the VALE.
VALE's defence stood strong and were often part of the link to the goals.
Good all round performance and some teams will struggle on the smaller pitch and Lion will take some points at home for sure.
Some poor decisions bythe Referee probably put a damper on the game a little but we are happy with the 3 points keeping us within touch of the FARM.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Ginger2106 wrote:Vale 4 - Lions 2

Good win for the Vale, Not the most attractive game to have watched I imagine but we went their with a job to do and come home with the 3 points.
Lion had a good share of the ball and probably dominated possession of the ball overall but the Vale used it more far more effectively and took their chances and even missed quite a few.
Chris Nicholls bagged another 2 quality goals and was given a bonus OG. Super sub Alan Parker scored a late goal to secure the points with a fine header ( I reckon the ball hit him and went in ). hehe
The Lions 2nd goal was definte offside but no flag and goal stood, this made it 3-2 before the sealer for the VALE.
Good all round performance and some teams will struggle on the smaller pitch and Lion will take some points at home for sure.
Some poor decisions bythe Referee probably put a damper on the game a little but we are happy with the 3 points keeping us within touch of the FARM.
Did Hobbs get sent off?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Farmer Joe wrote:
redders wrote:Im not playing today, no goals for me :(
Why not Redders? The knee?
Knee no good for running. I am now the ressies keeper, until i have my operation. :D Conceeded 4 in my first game, but i blame it entirely on my defence. I stopped several attacks with my great sweeping abilities and saved a penalty. Should be in the first team any week now! :P

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Ginger2106 wrote:Vale 4 - Lions 2

Today saw another promising display which lead to nothing. Lion dominated early the first half only to find themselves behind from a nicely placed header from Nicholls 1-0. But a quick reply saw a Lions hit back from corner, a neatly placed header at the back post made it 1-1. Then some unforgivable defending gifted Vale the lead just before the break. Nicholls 1on1 with the keeper saw his shot hit the post an rebound to one of our defenders, 2 yards out, right in front and no attackers in sight, only to see him blast it into his own net (player later admitting he wanted to clear it over the bar :shock:) We were then hit on the counter attack second half and Nicholls calmy slotted his chance away to make it 3-1 and it was hard not to feel a little bit unlucky to be two goals down. Lion dragged one back from a goal mouth scramble and whilst there was a Lion player in an offside position i felt he wasnt interfeering with play and the goal stood 3-2. Lion pushed a few men forward in search for that illusive equaliser, untill a well constructed Vale move found a unmarked player at the back post for an easy nod in 4-2. One of the Vale players (#6) was sent off at 4-2 for his second offence. HIs first yellow was for elbowing ????? Yellow for elbowing isnt that a red card offence? Second for late tackle.

All in all hard game and very scrappy to watch. I dont think Milan Ivanovic would of been impressed with what he saw.