Sunday Division 1: Round 3

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Sunday Division 1: Round 3

Post by Redders »

Round 3 has crept up on us and the season is beginning to take shape. Its still early days, but Ingle Farm and Elizabeth Vale’s form is looking ominous for the rest of the league. The Downs have begun a little shakey and Westies have surprised a few people. The East, Beach and Pontians are still looking for their first points of the year. Whilst, both Florina and Lion have had up and down starts. Should be a great round of football.

West Beach vs USC Lion

Will this be West Beach’s chance to grab their first points of the year? Lion played well last week, but it still has a lot of room to improve. We struggled to take maximum points from the lower sides last season, so it will be a big test for us. West Beach will be hungry to get a result, whilst Lion wont want to slip to far from the leaders early on.

My Tip: Lion

Para Hills East vs Pontian Eagles

It’s a bit early to call this game a 6 pointer, but it may well be that at the end of the year. Pontians passing game impressed me the first round, but they failed to run the game out and fitness could be their biggest downfall this season. Para Hills East on the other hand, improved on their Round 1 result and will look to go 1 better this week. Both teams will be desperate for the points, which will make for a intriguing game.

My Tip: Pontian

Elizabeth Vale vs Ingle Farm

These two teams are by far the early season standouts. The Vale has hit the ground running this season by winning 3 competitive games on the trot. The Farm with their strong recruiting will look to consolidate a position at the top of the table. Can the Farm’s defense stop Nicholls and Brooks? Will the Vale be able to contain Farms new look midfield? No doubt the match of the round, it will be hard to pick a winner.

My Tip: Draw

Parafield Gardens vs Para Hills West

Having played with and against 10 men in the first two rounds, the Gardens should look to impose themselves on a young Westies side. Both sides are off to reasonable starts and Gardens will have to stop new Westies recruit Lachlan Smith from continuing his scoring run. It should be tightly contested game, as most Westies games are. I can’t see either team winning by more than a single goal.

My Tip: West

Elizabeth Downs vs Salisbury Florina

Downs will look to shake the early season cobwebs out as it faces the best BBQ in the Amateur League. Unfortunately for both sides there will be no famous BBQ at the end. Sorry to these two teams, but I really have run out of things to write, so may the best team win!

My Tip: Downs

Form ~ Points

Elizabeth Vale ~ WW ~ 6
Ingle Farm ~ WW ~ 6
Parafield Gardens ~ WD ~ 4
Para Hills West ~ WD ~ 4
USC Lion ~ WL ~ 3
Salisbury Florina ~ LW ~ 3
Elizabeth Downs ~ DD ~ 2
Ponitan Eagle ~ LL ~ 0
Para Hills East ~ LL ~ 0
West Beach ~ LL ~ 0

Home Table

Team~Played~ Win ~ Draw ~ Loss ~ GF ~ GA ~ GD ~ Points

Parafield Gardens ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ 1 ~ 3 ~ 3
Elizabeth Vale ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ 2 ~ 2 ~ 3
Salisbury Florina ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 2 ~ 0 ~ 2 ~ 3
USC Lion ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 3 ~ 2 ~ 1 ~ 3
Ingle Farm ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 3 ~ 2 ~ 1 ~ 3
Elizabeth Downs ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1
Para Hills West ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1
Ponitan Eagle ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 4 ~ -3 ~ 0
Para Hills East ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ -4 ~ 0
West Beach ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 5 ~ -5 ~ 0

Away Table

Team Played ~ Win ~ Draw ~ Loss ~ GF ~ GA ~ GD ~ Points

Ingle Farm 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 5 ~ 0 ~ 5 ~ 3
Para Hills West 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ 3
Elizabeth Vale 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 4 ~ 1 ~ 3 ~ 3
Parafield Gardens 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1
Elizabeth Downs 1 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 0 ~ 1
Ponitan Eagle 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ -1 ~ 0
USC Lion 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ -1 ~ 0
Salisbury Florina 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 2 ~ 4 ~ -2 ~ 0
Para Hills East 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 2 ~ -2 ~ 0
West Beach 1 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 1 ~ 4 ~ -3 ~ 0

bovva boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Division 1: Round 3

Post by bovva boy »

Lion to beat Beach... saw lion last week and thought they were ok...

Pontians to beat East..... Unfortunately Easts just undermanned...

Farm to beat Vale..... Be a good side that beats Farm this season..

Gardens,Westies...DRAW..... Under rated sides...

Downs to beat Florina..... Downs to start a run of wins from this week..

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

lion to smash beach.... going by the results so far beach seem average

pontian to beat east.... same as above but with east.

vale to beat farm... tough game but nicholls and brooks to good up front. could see this game being 4-3. high scoring for sure.

gardens to beat westies.... to much experience and all ways tough to beat at home

downs to beat florina.... will likely start hitting form after early season jitters.
cleveland rocks!

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

Interesting anaolgy Redders,

Lion beat the beach .... if the beach play smart football they will box up the defence and tightly make Joko and the goal sneak Redders. I don't think the Beach have the fire power to score goals against a decent Lion Defence. Lion midfield play smart football which create good changes for there forwards. 2-0 to the Lion - Redders double :?

pontian to beat east.... I have not seen these teams but I would have to say it is age vs beauty. I will give it to Pontians 1-0 as they have the home ground advantage.

Farm to beat Vale... Definitely this weeks Amateur league game of the round. To me the Vale are no surprise package, they played good tough football last year and have some smart players in the middle to move the ball around. It would seem they have boosted there team this week with a new rumour signing, if so he will booster there team even further for the season. The Nickoles will be hard to maintain and may be the difference. The Farm have been very solid this year and are playing good football. No doubt then have the best sweeper and captain in the league who commands orders to his players like a general to his soldiers. Will be an interesting game and too hard to call, being a Farm man I must say the Farm, it could be 1-0, 4-3 or 5-0, who cares as long as we take the 3 points.

gardens to draw with westies .... the Gardens are my quiet achievers this year, although Nugget seems to keep them front page news on this site. They will defiantly cause some damage to teams this year but not this week. Given the state of Westies pitch, the gardens ground will seem like Hindmarsh. Westies have been the early surprise package this year, have they started much like PH East did last year and dropped the ball in the second half of the year. Time will tell. 2-2.

downs to beat florina.... I think this a no brainer, Downs will finally get there first win on the board. Downs are struggling to score but I think this is the week they hit the mark at home, 3-0 to the downs.

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

Hey Shaken, got any more info on who the new signing for the vale might be???
Vale have a strong squad already and would be interested to know who the new player might be.
At the end of it all there will still be Football !!
It wasn't Bad but its Far from Good !

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Ginger you are from the Vale.. wont be hard to work out who "Ginger" is..

Dont worry mate we were watching last week

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Shaken Not Stirred wrote:Interesting anaolgy Redders,

Lion beat the beach .... if the beach play smart football they will box up the defence and tightly make Joko and the goal sneak Redders. I don't think the Beach have the fire power to score goals against a decent Lion Defence. Lion midfield play smart football which create good changes for there forwards. 2-0 to the Lion - Redders double :?

pontian to beat east.... I have not seen these teams but I would have to say it is age vs beauty. I will give it to Pontians 1-0 as they have the home ground advantage.
Farm to beat Vale... Definitely this weeks Amateur league game of the round. To me the Vale are no surprise package, they played good tough football last year and have some smart players in the middle to move the ball around. It would seem they have boosted there team this week with a new rumour signing, if so he will booster there team even further for the season. The Nickoles will be hard to maintain and may be the difference. The Farm have been very solid this year and are playing good football. No doubt then have the best sweeper and captain in the league who commands orders to his players like a general to his soldiers. Will be an interesting game and too hard to call, being a Farm man I must say the Farm, it could be 1-0, 4-3 or 5-0, who cares as long as we take the 3 points.

gardens to draw with westies .... the Gardens are my quiet achievers this year, although Nugget seems to keep them front page news on this site. They will defiantly cause some damage to teams this year but not this week. Given the state of Westies pitch, the gardens ground will seem like Hindmarsh. Westies have been the early surprise package this year, have they started much like PH East did last year and dropped the ball in the second half of the year. Time will tell. 2-2.

downs to beat florina.... I think this a no brainer, Downs will finally get there first win on the board. Downs are struggling to score but I think this is the week they hit the mark at home, 3-0 to the downs.
Game is played at East's home ground. But I will take the result you have predicted.

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

ROBBO wrote:Ginger you are from the Vale.. wont be hard to work out who "Ginger" is..

I'm TC of course no secrets about that !!!!

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

shaken not stired - u have no brains alright :D what makes u think the downs will come out of their slump with a 3-0 thumping. enlighten me with ur vision :evil: we beat the downs 1-0 at downs last year and i can see same happening. downs to be mid table at best this year without blackwood. after 2 successive premierships the huff and puff is all but gone from a team that desired it and now is just going thru the motions.
but u have ur opinion and that's all that counts.

Florina
Lion
Draw - East / Pontian
Draw - vale/ farm
Gardens
Big boutso in golo!

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

M Andrea wrote:shaken not stired - u have no brains alright :D what makes u think the downs will come out of their slump with a 3-0 thumping. enlighten me with ur vision :evil: we beat the downs 1-0 at downs last year and i can see same happening. downs to be mid table at best this year without blackwood. after 2 successive premierships the huff and puff is all but gone from a team that desired it and now is just going thru the motions.

Florina
Lion
Draw - East / Pontian
Draw - vale/ farm
Gardens
not a fan of the downs at all. in fact i hope u smash them, but i probably would have waited till after sunday to write that. instead u have probably just given them some amunition to beat u. as if they didnt want to enough anyway. good luck anyway coz i reckon ull need it, coz when u played us u were average at best.
cleveland rocks!

Dannymills
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dannymills »

Lion, apparently looked good against ingle farm, west beach are certs for the drop
Pontian, they will get it together this week, mid table for them this year
Gardens, just my feeling
Farm/Vale, draw....... too tight to call and with cheating eddie on the flag they have a home advantage
Downs, Motts will get em back on track this sunday

tibbaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by tibbaw »

Cheating Eddie on the flag. I take it your predicted the B's and C's then cause the A grade have official linesman.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

lion to smash beach

pontian to beat east -be good to see East grab a point though

farm to beat vale

gardens to beat westies - be good to see a draw

downs to beat florina - again a draw would be great

ian rush

Post by ian rush »

lion to win 2-0. joko and redders. west beach to struggle and fav's for the drop

pontians 1-1 with east. east boys to finally show some heart and possibly their best chance for a win this season

farm 2-1 over the vale. should be a cracker. predicting farm to win with 10 men. mr x to get red card for fighting with own team mate (probably groomy if he plays).

west 2-0. no peacy for the gardens. heard he got sent off last week. may b benny foat in goals, that should be a laugh. west to have to much pace, need to build consistency after near victory miss against downs last week. be ware of mohammad young west defenders (that includes you spiby)

downs to smash florina 4-0. seen them play last week. surely they can't be that bad 2 weeks in a row. butler needs to retire, and come on motts give bert a rest. he's been a great servant of amateur league had many a great contest against him but surely they've got more than him and reevesy on the bench... if not they may be only mid table this season

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Obviously having a big night Mr Rush

are you the naked swimmer from Seacliff?

monkey
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by monkey »

elizabeth downs used to be great, now that its the (rina haines football club.)yeah im not so sure. and if thats the best referee they can offer c teams and reserves then could someone please organise day release for rory, even when he is stoned and pissed he was fairly desent. or atleast good for a laugh no matter wat team you are on. congrats to downs all the same they played fair and good football they dont need a twelth player( in the ref)
the whistlers son

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

From what I heard

Gardens 1 Westies 2
Downs 4 Florina 1
Pontians 3 East 3
W Beach 1 USC 1
Vale 2 Ingle Farm 5

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

On the money Andrea, Downs couldn't manage 3-0 so settled for 4-1........LOL

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Ginger2106 wrote:
ROBBO wrote:Ginger you are from the Vale.. wont be hard to work out who "Ginger" is..

Well played yesterday to mate. Deserved the MOM.

Whats up with us not winning a single prize in the raffle? :D Pay back maybe :wink:

Cheers for the food after the game to. You guys were very humble after the game. Was good to go in for a drink. Tonksy was in fine form chatting to Captain Fat Ass lol

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

M Andrea wrote:shaken not stired - u have no brains alright :D what makes u think the downs will come out of their slump with a 3-0 thumping. enlighten me with ur vision :evil: we beat the downs 1-0 at downs last year and i can see same happening. downs to be mid table at best this year without blackwood. after 2 successive premierships the huff and puff is all but gone from a team that desired it and now is just going thru the motions.

Florina
Lion
Draw - East / Pontian
Draw - vale/ farm
Gardens
No disrespect but the Downs were due for a good win. 3-0 is alot better then 4-1??????

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

monkey wrote:elizabeth downs used to be great, now that its the (rina haines football club.)yeah im not so sure. and if thats the best referee they can offer c teams and reserves then could someone please organise day release for rory, even when he is stoned and pissed he was fairly desent. or atleast good for a laugh no matter wat team you are on. congrats to downs all the same they played fair and good football they dont need a twelth player( in the ref)
the whistlers son

What are you on about the Whistlers son? and that its the Reiner Hain Football Club. Just coz the man puts his hands up to do jobs no one else wants to do. Unfortunately it is the case with many clubs is that there is a select few people that only put there hands up and those people get swamped with mojority of the clubs things. Steedy at our club does the bar, the maintenance, is a club trainer, and still manages to strap on the boots for a kick in the C grade. Jeff Wilco is the same: club trainer, first team manager, maintenance. Reiner has taken on many responsibilities as well. As wit most club refs, they generally play it as they see it, and they will sometimes make wrong descisions, but I have seen other official refs do the same thing, even in the first team games. It all depends on where they are standing etc etc.

So far as in getting Rory back to do it, I know of one team who would disagree with you, being Ingle Farm, after he did the second half of their game last year at our ground. They were appauled. So i would probably suggest that that is not a great idea.

Our club in in a great position this year, we have just had new bar taps installed, upgraded to toilets, finallay getting the pitch seen to from the council, and many other things, and it is because of people like steedy, jeff, and Reiner that it has headed this way. There should be more people involved with clubs like these people.

oh yeah, and at least spell his Name right if you want to give him crap........
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Rexie wrote:
monkey wrote:elizabeth downs used to be great, now that its the (rina haines football club.)yeah im not so sure. and if thats the best referee they can offer c teams and reserves then could someone please organise day release for rory, even when he is stoned and pissed he was fairly desent. or atleast good for a laugh no matter wat team you are on. congrats to downs all the same they played fair and good football they dont need a twelth player( in the ref)
the whistlers son

What are you on about the Whistlers son? and that its the Reiner Hain Football Club. Just coz the man puts his hands up to do jobs no one else wants to do. Unfortunately it is the case with many clubs is that there is a select few people that only put there hands up and those people get swamped with mojority of the clubs things. Steedy at our club does the bar, the maintenance, is a club trainer, and still manages to strap on the boots for a kick in the C grade. Jeff Wilco is the same: club trainer, first team manager, maintenance. Reiner has taken on many responsibilities as well. As wit most club refs, they generally play it as they see it, and they will sometimes make wrong descisions, but I have seen other official refs do the same thing, even in the first team games. It all depends on where they are standing etc etc.

So far as in getting Rory back to do it, I know of one team who would disagree with you, being Ingle Farm, after he did the second half of their game last year at our ground. They were appauled. So i would probably suggest that that is not a great idea.

Our club in in a great position this year, we have just had new bar taps installed, upgraded to toilets, finallay getting the pitch seen to from the council, and many other things, and it is because of people like steedy, jeff, and Reiner that it has headed this way. There should be more people involved with clubs like these people.

oh yeah, and at least spell his Name right if you want to give him crap........
Rexie,

You got no problem posting about other club refs in the past and how they are disgraceful but when some one bags your club ref all you can say is " the man puts his hands up to do jobs no one else wants to do ", every clubs like that. With the ref that the Downs produced on Sunday, you got a nerve bagging other clubs about theirs.

Just another thing when your ref sends off players from both sides can you tell him to put both teams send offs on the match card not only our send offs thanks. :shock:

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

well on a normal day i would say this calls for a referee to make sure it doesnt get out of hand!!! but after reading that im going to say....... just ease up a lil and we dont need one kinda like the league hahahaha!
HA'WAY THE LADS

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

How referees perform often comes down to perceptions.
Club referees will be perceived to be favouring the home team, particularly in close games.
As a former Downs player and then a former Noarlunga Lions player I became a SAASL official referee and
was sent to referee a cup tie between Downs & Lions Reserves.
Both teams accused me of favouritism.....in all honesty I was probably a little worried about being totally fair
that I let the game flow a slightly more than my norm.
Both teams also thought that they knew me well enough to compain a little more than other refs might have allowed.
Most of the criticism begins at coach/bench level and is echoed by the players on the park.(the Kosmina effect !).
Also remember these Club refs may not have good support from linesmen.
Be patient, be tolerant and try to be supportive....otherwise kiss your games goodbye !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Minger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Minger »

u can complain about refs all u want to........
they dnt play the game.
a ref cant win or lose the game for a side.
u win by scoring goals. if ur thinking that the ref cost u the game just think about the time ur team cud have scored but missed a golden oppurtunity.
its the players that play the game. the ref calls it to what he sees. especially if their home team is also swaering at them.
if u stopped complaining about the referees and concentrated on ur own game u mite actually win sum and play gd while ur at it.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

" a ref CAN'T win or lose a game for a side".............. Plenty of people would disagree with that.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Forza Roma wrote:" a ref CAN'T win or lose a game for a side".............. Plenty of people would disagree with that.
Yes they can, but more importantly, so can players, more times than referees !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

msbetterthanyou
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by msbetterthanyou »

i would agree with minger here and say perhaps you need to be looking at your own game and in this case, getting in some more practice before having a go at any club ref.
this person volunteers their own time on a sunday so that a bunch of biffs can run around on the park and either do well or not so well. Then some people have the balls to whinge about the ref later.

After having seen all 3 games on the main pitch sunday i can say that i heard that many "aww ref"'s that i was expecting a visit from Mr T in a tank.........
I'm a Chemist, I have Solutions.

Tim C
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Tim C »

Jay Walking wrote:
Ginger2106 wrote:

Well played yesterday to mate. Deserved the MOM.

Whats up with us not winning a single prize in the raffle? :D Pay back maybe :wink:

Cheers for the food after the game to. You guys were very humble after the game. Was good to go in for a drink. Tonksy was in fine form chatting to Captain Fat Ass lol
Cheers for the MOM call.
As for the Raffle, of course we dont let the opposition win anything !!! nah just kidding.
I haven't won anything in that raffle for the last 2 seasons

Dannymills
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dannymills »

Minger wrote:u can complain about refs all u want to........
they dnt play the game.
a ref cant win or lose the game for a side.
u win by scoring goals. if ur thinking that the ref cost u the game just think about the time ur team cud have scored but missed a golden oppurtunity.
its the players that play the game. the ref calls it to what he sees. especially if their home team is also swaering at them.
if u stopped complaining about the referees and concentrated on ur own game u mite actually win sum and play gd while ur at it.
well said
ask liverpool :lol: