Results - 17/18 June 2006

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

farm had chances nothing clear cut i would say, they are quality side though, it does seem that when they score 1 they don't stop with that which is a good sign for them. Vista has never been a high scoring side but its defence has always been its upside, best defending side in the past 3 seasons you might find, don't quote me on that though
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Marooned your a tosser!! You dont have to read any of the posts on here about div 2 if you dont want to. You think the downs are oh so great!! You guys have had some rough years too. Not winning many games and struggling. You've had a few great pick ups this years which has made your side one which used to be the, (and i quote you saying) "pretenders with three half decent players, and six fill ins, two that should be playin thirds and a keeper slash centre forward", turning into a quality side; by all reports!!!! So dont come on here givin div 2 teams shite, coz its only a matter of time till we all farcken catch ya!!! :wink: :wink:
I hope you kunts get destroyed by Galaxy and then you'll shut your trap!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

marooned wrote:how much off this crappy div 2 cabernet does one have to put up with, you are all pretenders with three half decent players, and six fill ins, two that should be playin thirds and a keeper slash centre forward you all think you got at chance at coming somewhere in div 1. come on . get with it , talk about your social events and your dreams , but unless you can put eleven quality players on the park week in and out for 18 weeks forget it . bring on wanderers in the cup we will show you the difference between div 1 sunday and the sat pretenders. I do think that knobheads from div 2 that think they are in a league of there own and will come down to earth with a thud if they ever get the chance to play a quality div 1 side mid season. Downs are all quality players with eleven quality back up players that can turn it on week in week out. When bottom teams in div 2 beat top teams in div two it tells you that one player out makes a huge difference to a team. nuff sed. Any team that wants to move forward with limited resources should snap up Marty Craig from Macos. he can sow a silk purse from a cows ear. by far the best coach outside Div 1.

My DOWNS friend Sir Marty Craig is not for SALE he is a LION, no matter how much money is offered to him he LOVES MACEDONIA. Sir Marty can also walk on water, did you know that.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Quality23 wrote:haha it was QUALITY mate.......well played by the boys n just glad we got another result :wink:
who were u?
tuff game between the 2... thought we were unlucky with our offside!
but wat can ya do, ur numba 6 is a gd bloke....
loved the abuse i was coping from the supporters!!
1 guy offered me a kiss, but unfortunatly i dun swing that way haha

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Oooooooooh Marooned it looks like you hit a nerve with East Boy. As far as Div One goes it is what all the teams in Div Two aspire to and clearly the pressure of the aspiration is getting to some! Get over yourself East Boy.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

@ redback
Get over myself??????? You How about marooned shut his big trap and don't worry about us in div 2 then?! What is his problem?? We talk about div 2 coz we are in it at the moment grenache smoker. Div 1 is a good standard but not up to premier league come on. Aspiration?? I think we have shown over the years we can compete with the best of them in div 1. Yeah we had a shocker year last year, but all we can do is get promoted and try to make a statement when we get back up there.
Everyone has there moments in the spot light. The tittle race is not over in div 1 either guys. Good on u guys for winning games in div 1. Your great!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

regarding div 2 posts mate have a look at the league and i can guarante despite not being able to spell at moment that div 2 games are so much closer and less one sided than the div 1. If you are so so good mate you possibly should have gone for a spot in the state league. By the way, it that tool of a bloke Daniel Ball still playing.
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

marooned wrote:how much off this crappy div 2 cabernet does one have to put up with, you are all pretenders with three half decent players, and six fill ins, two that should be playin thirds and a keeper slash centre forward you all think you got at chance at coming somewhere in div 1. come on . get with it , talk about your social events and your dreams , but unless you can put eleven quality players on the park week in and out for 18 weeks forget it . bring on wanderers in the cup we will show you the difference between div 1 sunday and the sat pretenders. I do think that knobheads from div 2 that think they are in a league of there own and will come down to earth with a thud if they ever get the chance to play a quality div 1 side mid season. Downs are all quality players with eleven quality back up players that can turn it on week in week out. When bottom teams in div 2 beat top teams in div two it tells you that one player out makes a huge difference to a team. nuff sed. Any team that wants to move forward with limited resources should snap up Marty Craig from Macos. he can sow a silk purse from a cows ear. by far the best coach outside Div 1.
oh mate,don't surpose you had a couple of ale's before you posted this message did ya?all div one teams had to pass through div 2 to get there mate,and i'm sure if the downs(heaven forbid it would ever happen)were in this div i'm sure you'd be just like the rest of us(not that you'll ever have to lower yourself to our level,oh golly gosh no)but spare a thought for the less fortunate soles like us div 2 teams and respect our right to use this forum.hopefully the lord may one day answer my prayers and we too might get to play against the MIGHTY DOWNS.oh that's right we played you pre-season and gave you a good run for your money(pre-major signings maybe).

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Marooned you just let your whole club down with your stupid comments.

Drugs and Alcohol - we all love Elizabeth

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MUFC

I was the one screamn when we let u walk ur goal in haha....thought the game was played in pretty good spirit.....and yes the supporters can get a bit vocal haha but it does help put players off their game sometimes :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Cs4me wrote:Interesting comments from the Vista lads on the forum. Not to harp on the game, Vista had one shot on goal from a free kick which they scored and that really was it. The Farm keeper didn't have to make a crucial save for the rest of the game.

I don't think it came down to Vista playing better than the Farm but more that the Farm not taking there dozen or more chances.

Vista defended there lead well, there keeper was sensational, they learned from there mistakes the week before and came away with the result. Leagues games are about getting the points, no matter how good or bad you play, and Vista did. Well done to the lads, you may not be the most skilful side but your well drilled and have a never say die attitude they other team came learn from. They certainly can walk away from the Farm game with there chins up, all the best for the rest of the season.
cheers mate,we're by no means saying were the ants pants but after the run of poor performances and being well and truely beaten by farm in the cup to win at the weekend was what the club needed,the hard part is carrying it on from one week to the next.not an easy task!!!!!.goodluck to the farm boys also.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Downs 2 Inter 1
Last edited by marooned on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

better get your medal out for leading at half way!

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

i find the posts re: div 2 a lot more interesting than those re: div 1

the div 2 posters actually have something to say rather than just flag waving and ra ra ra
seems to be a real contest in div 2 this year
it's a lot more interesting when it's not just about who's got the biggest chequebook

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

marooned wrote:yes bulldog many a corona was sunk before my early monday morning comments. but i stand by my words and one day when you or anyone else leads the first div at the half way point of the season then you too can and should blow your horn. If we were mid div 2 and getting rolled by teams struggling at the bottom well maybe i would leave my horn in my pants ,where it would belong. By the way thats 17 wins from 18 games this year, no wonder i have a horn.
my dear friend,you speak as though your a life member of the downs club which we both know is not the case,twas a time one was right down in the dregs doing it the hard way,then a move to another club and hello things are different.if you don't like what you read mate then don't read it,rather simple even after a skin full of corona's.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Just hope Galaxy run Downs into the ground on the Saturday, cos we got them on the next day. :D

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

florina are one frustrating team. should've had at least a point in most of the games they've lost this season, just can't seem to find that little bit extra they need. they'll stay up anyway.
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thats not bad marooned
when has your club has actually won a div 1 title ?

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

So Downs are playing saturday then on sunday?? Thats stupid if they are. Why try to beat a super league team (which you wont win) then f.uck up your league run?? Galaxy have a young side, as are most of the downs, but they will tear you to shreads. Then u have to back up with a tough game against Lion?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great call by smegger!!! I dont beleive the downs have won a tittle if they have it hasn't been for a long time. I've said it before, but i do beleive the east have one the most out of everyone.

Take a hint from everyone on here Marooned, let us be and just keep blowing your teams "horn", coz we all know you like to give a blow here and there! 8)
We'll be there soon enough my friend

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Quality23 wrote:haha it was QUALITY mate.......well played by the boys n just glad we got another result :wink:
who were u?
tuff game between the 2... thought we were unlucky with our offside!
but wat can ya do, ur numba 6 is a gd bloke....
loved the abuse i was coping from the supporters!!
1 guy offered me a kiss, but unfortunatly i dun swing that way haha
Quality 23 - Who was number 6 on the weekend?

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

East Boy wrote:So Downs are playing saturday then on sunday?? Thats stupid if they are. Why try to beat a super league team (which you wont win) then f.uck up your league run?? Galaxy have a young side, as are most of the downs, but they will tear you to shreads. Then u have to back up with a tough game against Lion?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great call by smegger!!! I dont beleive the downs have won a tittle if they have it hasn't been for a long time. I've said it before, but i do beleive the east have one the most out of everyone.

Take a hint from everyone on here Marooned, let us be and just keep blowing your teams "horn", coz we all know you like to give a blow here and there! 8)
We'll be there soon enough my friend
How many have Easties won? When you have won 5 let us know. Only Inter can boast. They have won the most.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

if this forum was called the div 2 results forum i would browse and get off. but its called the results forum for june 17/18. yet in reality its the Vista and Limnos forum. Maybe something to do with the moderators being from div2 clubs. Most frustrating . Bulldog lets not get too carried away over drunken comments maybe a browse of some of your previous posts late on sundays may be in order. :shock: Eastboy your a knob. Redders if you think that the Downs would play on sat and sunday then think again.
We asked your team to play on a`wed night but you turned us down. The game will have to be postponed.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

marooned wrote:if this forum was called the div 2 results forum i would browse and get off. but its called the results forum for june 17/18. yet in reality its the Vista and Limnos forum. Maybe something to do with the moderators being from div2 clubs. Most frustrating . Bulldog lets not get too carried away over drunken comments maybe a browse of some of your previous posts late on sundays may be in order. :shock: Eastboy your a knob. Redders if you think that the Downs would play on sat and sunday then think again.
We asked your team to play on a`wed night but you turned us down. The game will have to be postponed
Apparently there was a similar scenario a few seasons back and you guys wouldnt move the fixture, why should we now??? WEDNESDAY night, we dont train wednesday night, we'd have noone available. Thats ok, we'll just play when it suits you guys. :roll:

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Hey Quality is MUFC BOY the goal scorer? No. 4? The guy that made my ankle into a watermelon??? :oops: Maybe he was talking about number 9 the one that was ripping them apart! :D [/quote]

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

marooned wrote:if this forum was called the div 2 results forum i would browse and get off. but its called the results forum for june 17/18. yet in reality its the Vista and Limnos forum. Maybe something to do with the moderators being from div2 clubs. Most frustrating . Bulldog lets not get too carried away over drunken comments maybe a browse of some of your previous posts late on sundays may be in order. :shock: Eastboy your a knob. Redders if you think that the Downs would play on sat and sunday then think again.
We asked your team to play on a`wed night but you turned us down. The game will have to be postponed.
The only true clown here marooned is (drum roll) YOU

It doesnt specify thats its a Div 1 forum either does it? That means a forum for all. You can post your crap about div 1 ultima league - doesnt mean we have to read it and vice versa.

Is it our problem your players cant afford the use of a pc and express their opinions? If that were to happen what makes you think a Div 2 moderator would feel the urge to remove them? Do they even have computers up in Elizabethtown? Are you posting from work perhaps?

If I were you Id grow a brain and then maybe cautiously apply my fingers to the keyboard.

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Marooned - you are a dead set tool. Why are you crying to us that it is all Div2 stuff. Maybe some more of the superstars should enter the forum (or is it beneath Div1 players to enter such a menial forum). Stop crying and dont read it if it upsets you so much. You're gonna be one of these old gits that complains about bad language and sex on TV (if you are already not doing so). Same applies - if you dont like it dont watch it. Get over it and enjoy the light hearted banter. :roll:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

too true too true william however i'm sure i never abuse anyone other than my own players on an eve of a sunday(perhaps the maso b-team ref) but apart from that i haven't(hope not anyway).and what difference does it make where the moderates are from,given that most my posts,and highly regarded cutting edge topics that they are,seem to be the ones that get moved to the wild west,and the language in there???well i never.so don't think that's why its div2 people in here.maybe its because div2 is a great league with teams all respecting eachother(well sort of)that we all like to see what's been spoken about.but apart from you being a muppet the dog still luvs ya???

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

So Marooned is William. You know who I am then :) When are our teams going to meet again. Next season I hope

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

[quote="Frappe"]

It doesnt specify thats its a Div 1 forum either does it? That means a forum for all. You can post your crap about div 1 ultima league - doesnt mean we have to read it and vice versa.

Listen to your own advice then tossbag. Ignore me. Bit sensative these little fishies. oops i can feel another nibble.

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

vista and downs will play in the first div next year and will continue to do so for many years to come me thinks. we will chalk in a pre season either way. me thinks sidopoulos is a wee pommy winger with a huge heart for the game. would me be right stevie.