Div 2 Round 9 Predictions

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Div 2 Round 9 Predictions

Post by Robbo »

Round 9 18/06/2006

LIMNOS 3 MACEDONIA 1
INGLE FARM 3 MOD VISTA 0
BOSNA 3 PUMAS 3
STHN KNIGHTS 2 P/HILLS EAST 4
WEST BEACH 3 FULHAM 0

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Div 2 Round 9 Predictions

Post by Happy Kopite »

Who cares about the A grade, what about the reserves. Always entertaining games...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Limnos 0 Macedonia 3
Ingle Farm 3 Vista 0
Bosna 2 Pumas 1
Knights 1 PHE 5
West Beach 1 Fulham 1

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Limnos 2 Macedonia 1
Ingle Farm 2 Vista 0
Bosna 0 Pumas 1
Knights 0 PHE 3
West Beach 3 Fulham 1

What a round!!! Still no one can afford to drop points at this stage of the league. Farm vs Vista match of the round for sure. Neither will want to drop points. Hopefully the game lives up to all expectations. Vista being pumped last week could work either way. Farm will be confident and vista must now try to keep up with the leaders with a win.
Also a big game for the east. We must keep on our winning ways in the league and hope vista and farm cancel eachother out.
Any reports on the Knights anyone???

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

What a round!!! Still no one can afford to drop points at this stage of the league. Farm vs Vista match of the round for sure. Neither will want to drop points. Hopefully the game lives up to all expectations. Vista being pumped last week could work either way. Farm will be confident and vista must now try to keep up with the leaders with a win.
Also a big game for the east. We must keep on our winning ways in the league and hope vista and farm cancel eachother out.
Any reports on the Knights anyone???[/quote]

Knights are a fairly solid team but lack something upfront. I think the East boys will have too much scoring options for Knights this weekend. Also an interesting and entertaining crowd down there... :lol:

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

limnos 5 macedonia 0

ZITO HELLAS
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

We have had a horrible run with injury this year and have 4 away for World Cup (including me, I'm in Germany atm) We have quite a good crowd (biggish) and enjoyed the banter with Vista - we also had good fun with West Beach, although I think one of their guys who annoymously posts on here took offence! Agree with Kopite re us not having much up front, although our main striker was suspended for the Vista game.

Limnos 2 v Macedonia 0 (good result for us I hope)
Farm 2 v Vista 1 (should be close one)
Bosna 2 v Pumas 1 (Bosna improving Pumas struggling)
Knights 1 V PHE 1 (not sure if we can grab a point but lets hope)
West Beach 2 v Fulham 2 (Fulham are hot and cold so you never know)

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

massive game for the vista boys,we haven't played well for some weeks now and lastweek was by all accounts a shocker.11 players need to dig deep and work hard for 90 minutes if they want to get anything out of the game.admittedly lastweeks team had players that were cup tied playing and others playing out of position but that's no excuse for players not putting in or being able to do the games basics.it will be a very hard game i'm sure and vista's players have alot to prove if they want to play in the side the week after.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Knight7 wrote:We have had a horrible run with injury this year and have 4 away for World Cup (including me, I'm in Germany atm) We have quite a good crowd (biggish) and enjoyed the banter with Vista - we also had good fun with West Beach, although I think one of their guys who annoymously posts on here took offence! Agree with Kopite re us not having much up front, although our main striker was suspended for the Vista game.

Limnos 2 v Macedonia 0 (good result for us I hope)
Farm 2 v Vista 1 (should be close one)
Bosna 2 v Pumas 1 (Bosna improving Pumas struggling)
Knights 1 V PHE 1 (not sure if we can grab a point but lets hope)
West Beach 2 v Fulham 2 (Fulham are hot and cold so you never know)
knights7 you are one lucky fella being over there m8.amazed your still able to type? you musn't be drinking enough.what games have you seen?is there as much trouble on the streets as were lead to believe.enjoy m8.

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

knights v east

Post by eric the great »

the knights won't stand a chance. easty boys are going to inflict the biggest loss of the season for the the boys 400kms away from everybody else. isn't there a "special" league they can join for the teams in the deep south.

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

injuries at the knights

Post by eric the great »

the east have had 4 people break bones this year. it gives me the shits that teams winge about injuries. we've got guys at the wc too. why don't you all toughen up you bunch of princess' and stop making excuses. the east are top and that's where they they will stay.

Cantona7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cantona7 »

Princess!
ha hahahaha

TEFLON
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: knights v east

Post by TEFLON »

eric the great wrote:the knights won't stand a chance. easty boys are going to inflict the biggest loss of the season for the the boys 400kms away from everybody else. isn't there a "special" league they can join for the teams in the deep south.
FINAL SCORE 2-2.
WHERE WERE ALL THESE GOALS YOU WHERE TALKING ABOUT ?
MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING IN A "SPECIAL LEAGUE"
"WITH TEFLON, NOTHING STICKS"

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Re: injuries at the knights

Post by Knight7 »

eric the great wrote:the east have had 4 people break bones this year. it gives me the shits that teams winge about injuries. we've got guys at the wc too. why don't you all toughen up you bunch of princess' and stop making excuses. the east are top and that's where they they will stay.
ha ha what a prize tool wasnt whinging i chose to go to the world cup as did the others pretty sure chablis wouldnt let you go!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

bulldog was a bit of violence germany v poland but apart from that crowds have been fantastic great atmosphere partied with the brazillians last night what a great bunch of people although hope we beat them a bit later just heading to the pub and later stadium cant wait

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

its all well and good bagging teams,predicting huge score lines, on here but when things don't go as planned it can come back to bite you on the a-hole.which is why i don't think it is a wise thing to do.so phe drew at sth knights i take it,well that just makes thing even tighter in the league.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Knight7 wrote:bulldog was a bit of violence germany v poland but apart from that crowds have been fantastic great atmosphere partied with the brazillians last night what a great bunch of people although hope we beat them a bit later just heading to the pub and later stadium cant wait
Haven't the Germans beaten up on the Poles enough in history??

TEFLON
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TEFLON »

Knight7 wrote:bulldog was a bit of violence germany v poland but apart from that crowds have been fantastic great atmosphere partied with the brazillians last night what a great bunch of people although hope we beat them a bit later just heading to the pub and later stadium cant wait
KNIGHT, NO HURRY TO COME BACK MATE, BOTH KEEPERS PLAYED WELL TODAY MAY HAVE TO FIGHT FOR YOUR SPOT WHEN YOU GET BACK!
"WITH TEFLON, NOTHING STICKS"

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

to the guys that can follow cup matches as form guides, sucked in. Anyone could pick Farm to beat Vista 3-0 seeing the week b4 that was the score line in the cup. An easy tip to do without using your head. Vista showed grit and determination against Farm and showed that recent form is invalid form. Well done to the lads from Vista, injury and yellow card ridden, the boys showed some great heart. I want to wish the boys all the best on field for the next 4 wks as i personally won't be able to join you on pitch due to having a right hamstring that doesn't see eye to eye with me. I'll be supporting from the sidelines once again,
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Sweet Mate - shame about the hammy. You were in the votes before coming off, not just for your play but for the talk and encouragement from the back.
Well done Vista - great to see some form again

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

sweet mate productions wrote:to the guys that can follow cup matches as form guides, sucked in. Anyone could pick Farm to beat Vista 3-0 seeing the week b4 that was the score line in the cup. An easy tip to do without using your head. Vista showed grit and determination against Farm and showed that recent form is invalid form. Well done to the lads from Vista, injury and yellow card ridden, the boys showed some great heart. I want to wish the boys all the best on field for the next 4 wks as i personally won't be able to join you on pitch due to having a right hamstring that doesn't see eye to eye with me. I'll be supporting from the sidelines once again,
4 weeks, that's harsh, a big blow to the team. All the best with the recovery mate.

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

3 games plus the bye on the cup round so that actually helps out being knocked out, little bit extra recovery
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

sidopolous wrote:Sweet Mate - shame about the hammy. You were in the votes before coming off, not just for your play but for the talk and encouragement from the back.
Well done Vista - great to see some form again
In the votes??? My ass! The first time he went for a run the hammy went twang. He didn't listen to the advice from Vista's last sweeper who told him that he didn't need to run in that position if he was always in the right place. Was disappointed that he didn't demand the stretcher - that would have been a great exit from the game. No sense of theatre.