Sunday results...

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Sunday results...

Post by nachoman »

thanks east
i was wondering if wade had definately made the change over to footy

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

imanoutlaw wrote:jeepers going to east now jay hahahaha well at least you'll still be close to home just means you better not do your shopping at the village or ingle farm guess parabanks is where you'll be on a saturday........ only playing jay. still do you reckon that if east had 2k they would spend it on someONE :?: :?: i doubt it they have a pitch to fix yet or better yet maybe they can move somewhere like........ THE MOON
Oh vista hey. pfft, come talk to me when you have won something buddy. We might not have a perfect pitch, but at least it is a normal size :roll: :roll:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Haha, I know I rate myself as a player but the truth is, I'm no gun.
My Amatuer League Record is
Div 3 Ressies Winner with Man United
Div 3 Ressies Winner with Ingle Farm (Captain)
Div 2 Ressies Winner with Ingle Farm (Captain)
Twice Reserves Cup Final Winner but dropped to the bench for both games :( (Was Captain for the first one)

I've put my transfer request into play for West Beach anyway. 10-15 mintues from home, nice pitch and hopefully can make he B's. Even as President of Ingle Farm, I wont get much of a run in our Ressies this year. Still hoping for my one first team appearance which I get every year. Robbo loves that!!

Seriously though, I'm happy at the Farm. Great bunch of blokes. Hopefully we can take out Div 8 this year also!!

2K is tempting though :roll: Maybe Farmer Joe and Mr X would follow me??

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East Boy wrote:I wouldn't say he was joking with that comment. From what i have heard they have around 5 players who would start in most clubs first team.
:shock: :shock:

Can we get players on loan from you jay?
Who would you want??

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

nachoman wrote:thanks east
i was wondering if wade had definately made the change over to footy
Unfortunatley yes he has. One of those guys you really dont want to lose.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

yeah only met wade once but top bloke
even rats is , even after i tried to lure him away from east :mrgreen:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I know your happy there. Why wouldnt you be. You've done a great job.

2k a season..... i think we can handle that for all three of you guys!

Who would we want?????? Who wouldn't we want! :D :D
How about we just start with jonesy, ricky and groomy? then once brad or eggers dont start we will take either one off your hands. Sound like a good deal?
You can keep dunty though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

nachoman wrote:yeah only met wade once but top bloke
even rats is , even after i tried to lure him away from east :mrgreen:
Oh realllllly. I think i might just know who you are then. :lol: When was this anyway?

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

about 4-6 weeks ago

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Hey East Boy, I heard the river rat only lasted for ten minutes. :oops: That is more pathetic than his poker playing on Saturday night- at least he talks a good game. :lol: In all serious though, I hope he is alright.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East Boy wrote:I know your happy there. Why wouldnt you be. You've done a great job.

How about we just start with jonesy, ricky and groomy? then once brad or eggers dont start we will take either one off your hands. Sound like a good deal?
I'd keep the 2K for myself though. :D

I make a living rigging the lucky squares at the club to support my Footballnews addiction.

Dunty has already raised the stakes in the club Fashion. Waiting for Zorro, Chirs and Grahams reply!!!

PS, I haven't done a good job, I just take the credit :wink:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

oh yes. Now i know. I was very happy he stayed on with us. He will be a crucial player this year. Great player with as much heart as anyone i've played with.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Farmer Joe wrote:Hey East Boy, I heard the river rat only lasted for ten minutes. :oops: That is more pathetic than his poker playing on Saturday night- at least he talks a good game. :lol: In all serious though, I hope he is alright.
He can talk alright. I ended up taking his money too! 8) 8) Yeah unfortunatley he tweaked his quad in the first 10. Had to go off after about 20. I think it is a little early for him to be back playing first team. Needs a few gym sessions with you buddy! Hoping he is ok and its only a strain, but he thinks it might be bad. Time will tell.

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

Dont know what happened to my quote button......

But Tonksy, dont worry bout us mate. Div 1 always very competative, and this year is no different!, there will be a few teams around the mark.

But it has only been 1 leauge game, and both teams were very unlukcy. Downs did look the stonger in the second half with only 10 men.

And the Vale game was very close as well. I would not say we are going down mate.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Jay Walking wrote:
East Boy wrote:I know your happy there. Why wouldnt you be. You've done a great job.

I make a living rigging the lucky squares at the club to support my Footballnews addiction.

Dunty has already raised the stakes in the club Fashion. Waiting for Zorro, Chirs and Grahams reply!!!

Yeah of course you would keep it. I would'nt pay them two!
Its amazing how much money you can make off lucky squares! :wink:

Dunty used to have his own fashion show before and after the games at the east. You cant wear a singlet top when its 20 degree's come on dunty!

You seem like a great chairman. Steal money, take all the credit, whilst not actually doing anything and your a super "impact" 1st team player. To all struggling clubs out there. This is how you do it!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

East Boy wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

Yeah of course you would keep it. I would'nt pay them two!
Its amazing how much money you can make off lucky squares! :wink:

Dunty used to have his own fashion show before and after the games at the east. You cant wear a singlet top when its 20 degree's come on dunty!

You seem like a great chairman. Steal money, take all the credit, whilst not actually doing anything and your a super "impact" 1st team player. To all struggling clubs out there. This is how you do it!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why don't you two love birds stop slagging me off and go get a room. :lol:

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

We aren't slagging you off at all mate. I just wish that i was that good looking. There you go.... i've said it......happy now pretty boy.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

:D :D :D :D

Its only one round in. By the end of the season, most at the club will be calling for my head but then realise they may have to do something and ask me to stay on.

Dunty only came to us for the $500 per week and the promise that one of our fundraisers this year is a fashion parade and he gets to be the Supermodel. Problem is, he can't turn left ala Derek Zoolander.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Jay Walking wrote::D :D :D :D

Its only one round in. By the end of the season, most at the club will be calling for my head but then realise they may have to do something and ask me to stay on.

Dunty only came to us for the $500 per week and the promise that one of our fundraisers this year is a fashion parade and he gets to be the Supermodel. Problem is, he can't turn left ala Derek Zoolander.
I'll have my 'blue steel' and my 'magnum' working a treat by then.

TONKSY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TONKSY »

Rexie wrote:Dont know what happened to my quote button......

But Tonksy, dont worry bout us mate. Div 1 always very competative, and this year is no different!, there will be a few teams around the mark.

But it has only been 1 leauge game, and both teams were very unlukcy. Downs did look the stonger in the second half with only 10 men.

And the Vale game was very close as well. I would not say we are going down mate.

yeh we struggle against gardens every time we play em and they,ve had the better of us for a while now.
good bunch of lads down there .

and i was just letting swan know that there start hasnt been the best either.

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

Where was the El Salvador v Paynham match played??

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

redders wrote:A's - USC LION 3-2 Pontian Eagles
B's - USC LION 2-0 Pontian Eagles

Terrific day for the club, especially after the so called contraversy mid week. We went down 2-0 and looked out of it, but the fight back was terrific. Pontian were solid and will do well this year. I was surprised we ran out the game stronger and could of made it more in the end. We have a couple of players due back, which will help us against the early title favourites. Next week will be a tougher test especially on the ski slope.

The reserves played well enough, got a little fortunate, but took there chances. First win in over a season will do the boys a world of good. Suddenly the cofidence is high at the club again it was good to see.
Redders I think most people at the game would of thought we should of had the game wrapped up 15 minutes into the second half. 2-0 up then we hit the crossbar missed a few sitters. At the 3-0 it would of been game over. To you teams credit you got a goal through some poor defending and then your tails went up and you kept pressing and got your result. It was a lesson for us as we cant allow players time on the ball, in div 1 we have already seen that players can cross a ball and find a target and that target 2 times out of 3 will score. Unlike div2 or 3 some players cant find the target and that target wont score that often. A good eyeopener and I guess we will look forward to welcoming the vale to Pontian Park where there will be a much bigger crowd than last week. Good luck to your team redders good bunch of blokes there.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

The Russian Submarine wrote:Where was the El Salvador v Paynham match played??
At Gepps Cross Girls School, El Salvadors new home ground, absolutely smashed them!

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

hi big g , another clean sheet, must be getting boring. hope we draw you in the cup. i want my beam back

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
redders wrote:A's - USC LION 3-2 Pontian Eagles
B's - USC LION 2-0 Pontian Eagles

Terrific day for the club, especially after the so called contraversy mid week. We went down 2-0 and looked out of it, but the fight back was terrific. Pontian were solid and will do well this year. I was surprised we ran out the game stronger and could of made it more in the end. We have a couple of players due back, which will help us against the early title favourites. Next week will be a tougher test especially on the ski slope.

The reserves played well enough, got a little fortunate, but took there chances. First win in over a season will do the boys a world of good. Suddenly the cofidence is high at the club again it was good to see.
Redders I think most people at the game would of thought we should of had the game wrapped up 15 minutes into the second half. 2-0 up then we hit the crossbar missed a few sitters. At the 3-0 it would of been game over. To you teams credit you got a goal through some poor defending and then your tails went up and you kept pressing and got your result. It was a lesson for us as we cant allow players time on the ball, in div 1 we have already seen that players can cross a ball and find a target and that target 2 times out of 3 will score. Unlike div2 or 3 some players cant find the target and that target wont score that often. A good eyeopener and I guess we will look forward to welcoming the vale to Pontian Park where there will be a much bigger crowd than last week. Good luck to your team redders good bunch of blokes there.
Yeh, you definately should of wrapped the game up. We werent playing well and we had a few new guys playing out of there natural positions. The team wasnt gelling, but 2-0 is such a dangerous scoreline. You seem in control, then the other team drags one back, game on. A third goal would of definately killed us off. You guys will do well this year, you pass and move the ball around nicely.

We normally start the season slowly and this wasnt our best game. The good thing for us was we knicked a result in a game that wasnt really ours.

All the best until round 10 GE! :wink:

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

mahluf wrote:hi big g , another clean sheet, must be getting boring. hope we draw you in the cup. i want my beam back
HAHAHA i hope we draw you too, i'd like a case this time ;-)
Good result for you boys sundee, well done.

i did not save one shot, only free kicks and corners.

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

Big G wrote:
At Gepps Cross Girls School, El Salvadors new home ground, absolutely smashed them!
I have heard on the vine that Gepps Cross Girls school dont want them there anymore and are gonna kick them out!!

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

The Russian Submarine wrote:
Big G wrote:
I have heard on the vine that Gepps Cross Girls school dont want them there anymore and are gonna kick them out!!
I can't see anyone wanting El Salvador anywhere. Probably due to people smoking in the school grounds? I Prefer that pitch though to the other dust pile

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Will East and beach go through the same again this week?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

I can't see anyone wanting El Salvador anywhere. Probably due to people smoking in the school grounds? I Prefer that pitch though to the other dust pile[/quote]

The last dust pile was better than when they played at Parafield Gardens High School. The grounds weren't mowed and there were bushes, and the North-west corner flag was actually half a metre too far so taking a corner kick meant you were starting behind the goals. You also had to kick a bit uphill. It was bizarre.