C Team Fixturing for Division 1 Clubs

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

C Team Fixturing for Division 1 Clubs

Post by Robbo »

Well I am annoyed with the C team draw, I last night typed up all the fixtures as they have been uploaded on the SAASL site, fair enough the league want to start Div 8 in Round 4, got no problem with that, but I cannot understand why they dont just pick up from where the other two teams are playing that day, ie all three teams play the same fixture at the same ground.

Have a look at the way it is set out..

2008 DIV 1 FIXTURE LINK

Surely the 1st three rounds can be played on those cup round dates. It is just poorly done and doesnt help clubs in any which way or form.

I dont know how the other clubs committees feel about this, but the benefits are obvious for clubs:

-Better attendances
-Better canteen/bar sales
-Your limited volunteers arent stretched all over Adelaide at different venues !!!
-Better socially on matchdays

I notice there is a mandatory meeting of clubs this Sunday or next Sunday, can somebody please bring it up so it can be made better than how it currently stands?

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: C Team Fixturing for Division 1 Clubs

Post by Missing Post Count »

I have no affiliation with any of the clubs involved, but I agree it does sound strange and cold have been organized a little better.

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

Couldn't agree more. It's also nice for the C blokes to get some extra support that comes along when everyone plays at home together.

Also why not start the higher divisions at the same time anyways? I am sure that C players would love a week off during the cup rounds rather than playing 18 straight. Certainly helps those with families, old legs, and generally players burning out etc to have a week off every now and then.

Not that I know or follow the Saturday league too closely, but there appears to be some whacky stuff going on there too. 6 Teams in division 4 and 12 teams in division 5?!? Sounds nuts. Perhaps they are expecting some late registrations or something.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

TheBucket wrote:Not that I know or follow the Saturday league too closely, but there appears to be some whacky stuff going on there too. 6 Teams in division 4 and 12 teams in division 5?!? Sounds nuts. Perhaps they are expecting some late registrations or something.
Division 4 is for teams with only one side, while Division 5 is for C teams.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

Hawkesy wrote:
TheBucket wrote:Not that I know or follow the Saturday league too closely, but there appears to be some whacky stuff going on there too. 6 Teams in division 4 and 12 teams in division 5?!? Sounds nuts. Perhaps they are expecting some late registrations or something.
Aha. That makes sense. Still you'd be a bit disappointed if you were in the six team league I reckon.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

TheBucket wrote:Couldn't agree more. It's also nice for the C blokes to get some extra support that comes along when everyone plays at home together.

Also why not start the higher divisions at the same time anyways? I am sure that C players would love a week off during the cup rounds rather than playing 18 straight. Certainly helps those with families, old legs, and generally players burning out etc to have a week off every now and then..
because that would be using common sense. 25 May start to the season, wtf.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

What about those younger C team players that are on the verge of promotion to the B's?
They first of all won't be seen by the B team coach and wont be able to sit on the bench for the b's. This will mean B teams will have to take bigger squads into games as they cant just take off the better C team players for the bench towards the end of the game,this also meaning the C team will have smaller and potentially weaker squads. It also means B grade bench warmers may only get a short run on the pitch.

this is also going to have a flow on affect to clubs bar takings as a lot of players from the C's tend to hang around and watch the other games. A lot will now just go home.

NOT IMPRESSED :evil:

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

Hawkesy wrote:
Munno Para is in Div 4 & is a 'C' Grade. What's the deal there? Or is Div 5 for Saturday 'C' Teams?
Image Image

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Made in Australia wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
Munno Para is in Div 4 & is a 'C' Grade. What's the deal there? Or is Div 5 for Saturday 'C' Teams?
I presume that is how they have done, Munno Parra only have 1 side playing saturdays. Found another anomily, Cove have a side in Div 4 and a side in Div 5. This was probably as to have placed them both in Div 3 would have required a 13th team in that division.

Oh and add in

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

To me the C-Teams should play at home on the same weekends as their A's and B's.
Most teams are pushed to find volunteers to help set up grounds, look after players etc.
As said by others players impressing in the C-Team often sit on the bench for the B-Team.
C-Teams provide good support for clubs (home or away) and provide atmosphere if the hang around.
Players from A's B's and C's may share transport to and from games.
I think the Amateur league administration needs to come to its collective senses and correct this huge error before the damage is done.
Wherever possible have the C-Team fixtures coincide with the A's and B's, it's a no brainer !

ps This will also stretch the limits of the leagues refereeing resources and home based officials.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Spoke to the League about this lastweek.

They have no problem with the C's playing from Round 1 provided both clubs agree to it.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

most c grade sides would consist of many long time players of their clubs
and is important to have all grades playing at the same venue

maybe all div1 sides should consist of a,b,c teams

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Uncle Cracker wrote:Spoke to the League about this lastweek.

They have no problem with the C's playing from Round 1 provided both clubs agree to it.
Is that going to be passed at the Sunday meeting of all clubs then Uncle Cracker ? League starts in two weeks, we need to know ASAP

Hillsfootball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hillsfootball »

Is any C team interested in playing a friendly this Saturday in Hahndorf around 1100 am? PM me if you interested.
Thanks

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

ROBBO wrote:

Is that going to be passed at the Sunday meeting of all clubs then Uncle Cracker ? League starts in two weeks, we need to know ASAP
Dont know, i would get in contact with the team your playing in round 1 and if they agree to play just contact the league and tell them that your playing.

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oncewewereworiers »

ROBBO wrote:

hey robbo. let your c's know that we are up for starting the league next week. bloody stupid what the league has come up with. same thing happened last year in div 2. so it not that surprising
hmmmm , cant argue with that.

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

I was just made aware of this last night that the C's season starts next week. Screws up our pre-season trial game agenda. At least we can line the games up with the A's and B's and the boys get a break when the cup games are on.

Another stuff up by the league... grin it and bear it I guess.

Can someone explain to me how on earth the Downs have 2 teams in the Div 8?? What the?? I guess players can chop and change between the two teams. I know it is the C team but if you can't have two teams in any of the top divs why on earth can you have it in the lower divs. Strange...

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

I think the reason the SAASL are starting the C grade later is to give clubs more time to work out player numbers. Over the last few years clubs have entered C teams only to pull out at the last minute because they dont have the numbers also there have been clubs that want to enter C teams at the last minute, guess it gives them a chance to rework the fixtures.

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Shaken Not Stirred wrote:I was just made aware of this last night that the C's season starts next week. Screws up our pre-season trial game agenda. At least we can line the games up with the A's and B's and the boys get a break when the cup games are on.

Another stuff up by the league... grin it and bear it I guess.

Can someone explain to me how on earth the Downs have 2 teams in the Div 8?? What the?? I guess players can chop and change between the two teams. I know it is the C team but if you can't have two teams in any of the top divs why on earth can you have it in the lower divs. Strange...
Dont think they can chop and change between C teams. Westies had 2 C teams afew years back in Div8 and i dont think they were allowed to swap.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

I know there are a few Div 1 club committee members that look at this forum so I want to try and get an agreement on this with everyone. Are all teams in Div 8 (Div 1 C teams) happy to start the season next week so the fixtures fall into line. If we can coordinate everyone then the league should be fine with it. Please post back on here or PM me.

It does make it easier and better for crowd numbers when your C Team plays with the A's & B's. Our C team doesnt really travel to watch the A's & B's unless they are already there.

So, Uncle Cracker, Swansong, East Boy, Tonksy, Indivonegain, Chopper, Golden Eagle, Nugget and anyone else who can sort this out with their club, let us know and post on here.

Clubs So Far
Ingle Farm

oncewewereworiers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oncewewereworiers »

the beach boys are very happy to start next week. we might even sing a few tunes after the game aswell :P
hmmmm , cant argue with that.

htfc

Post by htfc »

Yeah it would be good to start C team next week.

but you biffs. did you actually see that round 4 starts on the 4th may. Round 1 is 25th may which i think is a cup round. Round 2 is 22nd june another cup round. And Round 3 is an open date.

Can start as soon as everyone is ready me feels as long as both clubs consent.

Downs have 2 Cs in Div 8 to help avoid a bye in that div. Do you think that another club should come up from Div 9? I think that should be the case myself. Seems a bit strange for them to play each other.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Uncle Cracker wrote:Dont think they can chop and change between C teams. Westies had 2 C teams afew years back in Div8 and i dont think they were allowed to swap.
We had 2 C teams a while back, and we were allowed to chop and change between them.

Oh and add in

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

Holy crap, there are 16 clubs in sunday division 10! Is this a mistake?

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

No mistake, Div 10 is an over 35's league that is Div 10 and 11 combined.

Swanny has done a great job sorting out the league fixtures.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Shaken Not Stirred wrote:No mistake, Div 10 is an over 35's league that is Div 10 and 11 combined.

Swanny has done a great job sorting out the league fixtures.
here here, well done Swanny

htfc

Post by htfc »

Yeah 16 teams of +35s in Div 10 so we play each other just once in the year. Plus there is an +35s Knock-out cup as well.

Yeah! Well done Swanny :D

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

htfc wrote:Yeah 16 teams of +35s in Div 10 so we play each other just once in the year. Plus there is an +35s Knock-out cup as well.

Yeah! Well done Swanny :D
Must be another Swanny out there, wasn't this little black duck!
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

[quote="htfc"]Yeah 16 teams of +35s in Div 10 so we play each other just once in the year. Plus there is an +35s Knock-out cup as well.

That is brilliant, the cup is a great initiative and a long time overdue. I'm sure some of the other divisions that don't see cup action would love the same, maybe that could be something they look to next year instead of starting those divisions a month later.