gully in the money?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

gully in the money?

Post by mahluf »

had several players tell me this week they have had phone calls from gully offering fantastic incentives to join them. money , equipment, no fees etc. are gully really ambitious this season or just short of players.?
either way , be good to see them in div one

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

you can disguise your post anway you want..... but that was a great proverbial back hand slap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

wasn't meant to be. good to see an ambitious club from the north east area. my son and godson were approached and they will make up their own minds. i wish them well whatever they decide.

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: gully in the money?

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

mahluf wrote:had several players tell me this week they have had phone calls from gully offering fantastic incentives to join them. money , equipment, no fees etc. are gully really ambitious this season or just short of players.?
either way , be good to see them in div one
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! :roll: :roll: Mahluf, what a load of shite you have just posted !! Get on with your job !! Stop posting crap !! Although its like a nice way to put a slap in the face !! :roll: :roll:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

wheres nugget ahahahaha

Barracuda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barracuda »

As a player who has been approached i can say that this is no lie. The Gully wants to compete and be successful. Can you blame them for offering incentives to try get the players they feel they need. I'm sure they are not they first and wont be the last club to offer players deals to attract them

laney
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by laney »

Amateur League???

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Good luck to the Gully I say. A few years ago they were in div 5. Now they are a force in div 2. They have worked hard to make themselves financially successful off the park so why not use that to help them to continue their success on the park.

Who cares what they are offering? Good luck to them and good luck to those who get the offer. I don't understand why those who get offered go around and tell everyone about it. If you want to take the incentives- great. If you don't- take it as compliment and get on with things.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Farmer Joe wrote:Good luck to the Gully I say. A few years ago they were in div 5. Now they are a force in div 2. They have worked hard to make themselves financially successful off the park so why not use that to help them to continue their success on the park.

Who cares what they are offering? Good luck to them and good luck to those who get the offer. I don't understand why those who get offered go around and tell everyone about it. If you want to take the incentives- great. If you don't- take it as compliment and get on with things.
Well said

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

good luck to them , they have junior setup that others would crave if done right they could have a nice little war cheat to push for state league within 5 years.its the fast growing area in metro SA targeting young families.

just spend the money on the right things ...not worth spending it on amature players to win div 2 or 1 amatures.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

ikon wrote:good luck to them , they have junior setup that others would crave if done right they could have a nice little war cheat to push for state league within 5 years.its the fast growing area in metro SA targeting young families.

just spend the money on the right things ...not worth spending it on amature players to win div 2 or 1 amatures.
I agree T.T.Gully will be a force in the amateur league in the not to distant future they have a fantastic junior program,
with huge numbers & they are in a growth area with a progessive council all looks good for T.T.G.......... just not there coaches :lol:

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

nugget66 wrote:
ikon wrote:good luck to them , they have junior setup that others would crave if done right they could have a nice little war cheat to push for state league within 5 years.its the fast growing area in metro SA targeting young families.

I agree T.T.Gully will be a force in the amateur league in the not to distant future they have a fantastic junior program,
with huge numbers & they are in a growth area with a progessive council all looks good for T.T.G.......... just not there coaches :lol:
You were doing so well with that post too nugget !!...........until the last bit :roll: But, Im over it and looking forward to a good year !! Our juniors are getting better each year and over the last 4 years have been introducing our grass roots lads with good results, but it certainly helps having wiser heads on the pitch playing along side them !! This year we have hit a record 546 juniors :shock: starting to get a little tight for space lately !!! :(

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:
nugget66 wrote:

You were doing so well with that post too nugget !!...........until the last bit :roll: But, Im over it and looking forward to a good year !! Our juniors are getting better each year and over the last 4 years have been introducing our grass roots lads with good results, but it certainly helps having wiser heads on the pitch playing along side them !! This year we have hit a record 546 juniors :shock: starting to get a little tight for space lately !!! :(
546 juniors @ 250 registration fee (approx, just a guess really) thats nearly 150K ad bar takings and sponsership your guys must turnover 250K per year. Well Done! Great to see soccer clubs improving and getting bigger, better and wetter!

bovva boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bovva boy »

Gully Boyz, too proud to apologise to mahluf???

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

surely e and d juniours do not pay that much . $250 ?????

THE DUKE
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

player payments

Post by THE DUKE »

Its nice to see that t.t.g are looking to improve their team by bringing in new blood, but how about the players that got you where you are. Ive seen teams try to buy sucess before...only to p-ssoff the lads that got them there to start with. Mark my words down the line you may need more players than you thought :!:
Its a mans game......get over it!

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: player payments

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

THE DUKE wrote:Its nice to see that t.t.g are looking to improve their team by bringing in new blood, but how about the players that got you where you are. Ive seen teams try to buy sucess before...only to p-ssoff the lads that got them there to start with. Mark my words down the line you may need more players than you thought :!:
Dont worry mate , we wouldnt do that ! Besides most of the boys that got us there, are still there and are happy to see new young lads improving each season!! Those that have "retired" are coaching the juniors along with their sons !! and so the cycle begins again !!........ well thats the plan anyway !! As for buying success ???????????? :roll:

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Sign on fees, plus weekly payments?

certainly some incentives at the Gully this year

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

With all these incentives we still need a goal keeper !!!! :oops: where are all the keepers gone!!! :shock: Come on keepers, get in touch we've got millions of $$dollars$$ :lol: