vista vs gleeson trial

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BINGO
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

vista vs gleeson trial

Post by BINGO »

I hear a 17 year old gleeson kid is now in plaster for 6 weeks after a savage tackle from a wreckless vista defender. So much for trial match! If only these players were out there to play football instead of butchery, the league may see some youngsters more confident in joining our competions. In general Vista reserves a a good side one that shouldnt have to resort to these types of tactics.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

when did this game happen?

I thought gleeson only had one trial game so far, and it was against Rostrevor.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: vista vs gleeson trial

Post by grewcock »

BINGO wrote:I hear a 17 year old gleeson kid is now in plaster for 6 weeks after a savage tackle from a wreckless vista defender. So much for trial match! If only these players were out there to play football instead of butchery, the league may see some youngsters more confident in joining our competions. In general Vista reserves a a good side one that shouldnt have to resort to these types of tactics.
Like you said, that was the reserves, the a's are playing tomorrow night so there is still plenty of time for some wreckless gleeson challenges. Im glad vista play hard soccer, rostrevor were a bunch of limp wrists who whinged after every tackle. Play with the big boys get hurt with the big boys.

Super Gleeson
I don't believe in God but i'm afraid of him

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

The tackle made was far from being wreckless. It was slightly mis timed and these things happen in Football.

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

chopper is currently at the fringe, his show last year was called "Harden the f*** up!!", live by that Gleeson. If you cant handle hard tackles go play lawn bowls, cant wait for Friday, tough games are good games, whether they trials or not, Vista will always play hard, you should see our internal trials

Scuba
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scuba »

pc wrote:chopper is currently at the fringe, his show last year was called "Harden the f*** up!!", live by that Gleeson. If you cant handle hard tackles go play lawn bowls, cant wait for Friday, tough games are good games, whether they trials or not, Vista will always play hard, you should see our internal trials
that was so last year :D

looking forward to a good hard match tomorrow night
and by the sound of things so is grewcock :lol:
FCBARCELONA
Mes que un Club

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

pc wrote:chopper is currently at the fringe, his show last year was called "Harden the f*** up!!", live by that Gleeson. If you cant handle hard tackles go play lawn bowls, cant wait for Friday, tough games are good games, whether they trials or not, Vista will always play hard, you should see our internal trials
They sure do play hard. Its been a Vista trait for years. One of our players ended up with a broken nose when we played them in the cup. It was behind the play while the ball was out though :roll:

Had some great tussles with them over the years and always enjoy playing against my old junior club, espcially the last two times!! Gleeson are a good A's team. I wouldn't take them lightly. They lack a little in the ressies but much stronger side in the A's. Grewcock talks tough but its easy when you play sweeper, no one tackles you! I wouldn't want to be on the end of one of his thunderbolts.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

when, where and what time is this game being played?

Scuba
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scuba »

Gabon wrote:when, where and what time is this game being played?
vista's ground tomorrow night 7pm (i think)
FCBARCELONA
Mes que un Club

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

I dont get tackled jason, i do the tackling mate, i just dont hold on to the ball long enough for anyone to catch me! As for the player with the elbow, if he makes an appearance im sure someone will have their eye on him...but thats not very likley really is it?

But on a serious note, the tougher the better for us, we dont want soft, easy games before the season starts, you dont get nothing out of them.

stickhead
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by stickhead »

Yeah 7pm KO
How r you guys travelling gabon, have u had more of a pre-season this year?
Gary got u fit?

stickhead
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by stickhead »

grewcock wrote:I dont get tackled jason, i do the tackling mate, i just dont hold on to the ball long enough for anyone to catch me! As for the player with the elbow, if he makes an appearance im sure someone will have their eye on him...but thats not very likley really is it?

But on a serious note, the tougher the better for us, we dont want soft, easy games before the season starts, you dont get nothing out of them.
Surely he is to old to be playing now

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

stickhead wrote:Yeah 7pm KO
How r you guys travelling gabon, have u had more of a pre-season this year?
Gary got u fit?
We are travelling good thanks at this stage of pre-season, definitely more of a pre-season this year with the lads very impressed by the new coach Gary and yes he is definitely getting them fit :!:

s.pellegrino
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by s.pellegrino »

[quote="grewcock"][quote="BINGO"]I hear a 17 year old gleeson kid is now in plaster for 6 weeks after a savage tackle from a wreckless vista defender. So much for trial match! If only these players were out there to play football instead of butchery, the league may see some youngsters more confident in joining our competions. In general Vista reserves a a good side one that shouldnt have to resort to these types of tactics.[/quote]

Like you said, that was the reserves, the a's are playing tomorrow night so there is still plenty of time for some wreckless gleeson challenges. Im glad vista play hard soccer, rostrevor were a bunch of limp wrists who whinged after every tackle. Play with the big boys get hurt with the big boys.

Super Gleeson[/quote]

Nice comments there Grewcock. As for being one of the big boys I don't think you can classify yoursleves as that as your club has been around for all of 5 mins. I am sure clubs like BOSA, St Iggies and Villa would be happy to be in the same category as Gleeson... please.

As the scoreline suggests we were so scared of playing against the big boys, A's 1-1, B's 4-1 (Rostrevor). Why don't you do your committee a favour and stop making your club look bad, I am sure they cringe everytime you comment on the website. :clown:

feckingexpert
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by feckingexpert »

BINGO wrote:I hear a 17 year old gleeson kid is now in plaster for 6 weeks after a savage tackle from a wreckless vista defender. So much for trial match! If only these players were out there to play football instead of butchery, the league may see some youngsters more confident in joining our competions. In general Vista reserves a a good side one that shouldnt have to resort to these types of tactics.
watched the game and have to agree with you on this one, there defender was a big fat poo poo bum head, i know , very harsh but i'm so
angry i could ............??????? fluff in public.

on the other hand wasn't the game called off with 10 minutes to go due to
people entering the field of play after one of your players took a swing at one of our rather young players??????.
POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON ACE

herewego
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by herewego »

have gleeson picked up any players for this season? when i watched them play last year they looked very average.

Scuba
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scuba »

herewego wrote:have gleeson picked up any players for this season? when i watched them play last year they looked very average.
So you actually took time out your busy schedule to come and watch Gleeson WHY???? :lol:

"As the scoreline suggests we were so scared of playing against the big boys, A's 1-1, B's 4-1 (Rostrevor). Why don't you do your committee a favour and stop making your club look bad, I am sure they cringe everytime you comment on the website. "

Im on the committee and I have no problems with the comments made :D

You guys gotta stop taking the bait
FCBARCELONA
Mes que un Club

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

s.pellegrino wrote:
grewcock wrote:

Super Gleeson
Nice comments there Grewcock. As for being one of the big boys I don't think you can classify yoursleves as that as your club has been around for all of 5 mins. I am sure clubs like BOSA, St Iggies and Villa would be happy to be in the same category as Gleeson... please.

As the scoreline suggests we were so scared of playing against the big boys, A's 1-1, B's 4-1 (Rostrevor). Why don't you do your committee a favour and stop making your club look bad, I am sure they cringe everytime you comment on the website. :clown:

The only people who cringe are ones like you whom take this forum SO seriously.. Have a laugh you twit and dont take everything as a personal insult.

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

herewego wrote:have gleeson picked up any players for this season? when i watched them play last year they looked very average.
Didnt look average when we nailed St Peters 5-1.

If we trained a bit more that might have helped though

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Vista A's beat Gleeson A's 4-0 Friday night. Vista looked much better outfit than that of Gleeson, not sure how many players they had out but never really challanged
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

ze_camel
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ze_camel »

how did gleeson's new signings play?

will they make an impact on the squad this year?

Scuba
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Scuba »

Mr Football wrote:Vista A's beat Gleeson A's 4-0 Friday night. Vista looked much better outfit than that of Gleeson, not sure how many players they had out but never really challanged

5 first teamers missing and striker out injured after 10min left a pretty depleted squad, still no excuse for a 4-0 drubbing, but I thought the first half was pretty even.

New signings didn’t play
But one was probably in best three yesterday in pre-season cup, so looking good at the moment
FCBARCELONA
Mes que un Club

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

Scuba wrote:
Mr Football wrote:Vista A's beat Gleeson A's 4-0 Friday night. Vista looked much better outfit than that of Gleeson, not sure how many players they had out but never really challanged

5 first teamers missing and striker out injured after 10min left a pretty depleted squad, still no excuse for a 4-0 drubbing, but I thought the first half was pretty even.

New signings didn’t play
But one was probably in best three yesterday in pre-season cup, so looking good at the moment
I think thats a pretty good excuse!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Topgun wrote:
Scuba wrote:

New signings didn’t play
I think thats a pretty good excuse!
Vista weren't at full strength either but i guess we don't need to make excuses 8)
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

buddhafatguts
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by buddhafatguts »

Hey Mr Football, how are things going up at Vista, any new signings. Or a new keeper in the pipelines maybe? Surely with stuart's connections he could get someone up on the hill for you?

buddhafatguts
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re:

Post by buddhafatguts »

Hey big fella, whats happening with your brother. Will there be a return to the ametuer league for the big AC?

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Re:

Post by Spellow House »

buddhafatguts wrote:
Hey big fella, whats happening with your brother. Will there be a return to the ametuer league for the big AC?

Too many questions fat ar$e. Mind your own! :x
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re:

Post by De Voyeur »

Do you have a policy where you change your user name each season?

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Farmer Joe wrote:
Do you have a policy where you change your user name each season?

WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAMME
onoir diomasack

buddhafatguts
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by buddhafatguts »

Too many questions fat ar$e. Mind your own! :x[/quote]

I see you have resumed your position as Stuart's assistant this year after the fantstic job you did last year. Congratulations. I believe my questions were not diracted at you "mate"!