fed cup

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

fed cup

Post by BeNatural »

how else is joining the federation cup? i heard possibly athelstone, eliz downs, parafield gardens were joining, what about pontians or adelaide villa to test themselves?

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

Athelstone is Div 4, they'd get pummelled. The other teams would be interesting to watch though and see how they compare.

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

The more clubs that join the better. Makes for an interesting competition. Would like to see clubs from Whyalla, Riverland and Mt Gambier join as well.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

They need to change scheduling to accomadate for amateur league clubs who want to participate, they program byes for the federation clubs, but to expect Amateur Clubs to play saturday & sunday like they did last year was a joke. We drew Enfield at home we were willing to give up our home ground to play at there ground mid-week under lights... Enfield refused ??? we forfeited the game, they had the week off & went through to the next round. I spoke to Rodger the fed cup competition manager & he told me it's the amateur leagues fault ??? Why cant he program games to work in with us & our competition if he want's us to be part of it, we would play mid week but not back to back. The league is our priority not the fed cup! In saying that we would like to be part of the competition as long as the federation accepts that our competion is our clubs priority.

FFSA working to improve soccer in S.A..... at least that's what they told us.

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Athelstone is in.

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

nugget66 wrote:They need to change scheduling to accomadate for amateur league clubs who want to participate, they program byes for the federation clubs, but to expect Amateur Clubs to play saturday & sunday like they did last year was a joke. We drew Enfield at home we were willing to give up our home ground to play at there ground mid-week under lights... Enfield refused ??? we forfeited the game, they had the week off & went through to the next round. I spoke to Rodger the fed cup competition manager & he told me it's the amateur leagues fault ??? Why cant he program games to work in with us & our competition if he want's us to be part of it, we would play mid week but not back to back. The league is our priority not the fed cup! In saying that we would like to be part of the competition as long as the federation accepts that our competion is our clubs priority.

Don't be silly Nugget.. and have an FFSA club potentially embarrassed by an Amateur club.... why would the FFSA accommodate that.... JOKE...

Sounds like a load od crap to me...

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

nugget66 wrote:They need to change scheduling to accomadate for amateur league clubs who want to participate, they program byes for the federation clubs, but to expect Amateur Clubs to play saturday & sunday like they did last year was a joke. We drew Enfield at home we were willing to give up our home ground to play at there ground mid-week under lights... Enfield refused ??? we forfeited the game, they had the week off & went through to the next round. I spoke to Rodger the fed cup competition manager & he told me it's the amateur leagues fault ??? Why cant he program games to work in with us & our competition if he want's us to be part of it, we would play mid week but not back to back. The league is our priority not the fed cup! In saying that we would like to be part of the competition as long as the federation accepts that our competion is our clubs priority.

Totally Agree Nugget, we had the same problem 2 years ago. We pumped Norlunga I think it was in round 1 which was played on a Monday. Think it was around Anzac day? Then we drew Galaxy in round 2, and had to paly them the day before playing you USC. We asked to rechedule the games, which could not be done, so we asked the amature leauge to replay the USC game mid week later on in the year and they declined. Was a big balls up. Both leauges should be more accomodation.

whith that said. We are in this year, as long as the scheduling permits.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

It just reaks of politics to me, the FFSA who are suppose to be the governing body of soccer in S.A. can't get together with the Amateur League & put out a program so that all amateur clubs if they desire can enter the Federation Cup without affecting there own competition? How hard is it? running a chook raffel would be harder!

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Yeh agree with the above posts..

Its a good idea, but planning is poor

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Bring it on

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

J5 wrote:Athelstone is Div 4, they'd get pummelled. The other teams would be interesting to watch though and see how they compare.
Liverpool v Barnsley ?
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Couldn't you have found a better example??? :cry:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Couldn't you have found a better example??? :cry:
Hoping for Barnsley v Chelsea (yorkshire revenge )

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

In that case
Bodø Glimt wrote:Bring it on

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

I remember sometime back in the mid to late 80's when the Downs played Azzurri (who were doing quite well at the time) in a Fed Cup and I think we only lost 0-2 (1 was a soft penalty).

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

The Perth equivalent was the D'orsogna Cup. Few of the amature teams opted to play in it. We did once, but lost the first round.

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

Swannsong - fair point.

I'm just surprised a Div 4 club would enter and from what I've heard there are a lot of rules and requirements around entering so I'm even more surprised a small club would enter.

All the best to Athelstone though and hopefully they can do well.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

J5 wrote:Swannsong - fair point.

I'm just surprised a Div 4 club would enter and from what I've heard there are a lot of rules and requirements around entering so I'm even more surprised a small club would enter.

All the best to Athelstone though and hopefully they can do well.
Dont know what all the fuss is about Athelstone entering??

If you do your homework and find out what is required it isn't complicated at all - just $100 to enter.

Fulham have entered this year as the 1st round is on Easter Monday and we saw it as a chance to have a game that week where normally we wouldn't because of Easter Sunday - basically an extra trial game but will be only 2 weeks out from the start of the season and an excellent hit out.

If we get through to the next round we will worry about it then.

Simple though IF we get through and the program doesn't accomodate us (which at this stage it wont as the next round is April 12th and we have a league game on April 13th we will withdraw) but we will worry about it only when the time comes.

Also in the 1st round of the cup Super League teams and Premier League Teams have a bye and only the State League teams are thrown into the draw to get 32 teams for the next round.

Entries close Feb 29th.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

bigpond wrote:Simple though IF we get through and the program doesn't accomodate us (which at this stage it wont as the next round is April 12th and we have a league game on April 13th we will withdraw) but we will worry about it only when the time comes.
If you withdraw does the team you beat in the previous round get reinstated, or the team you get in the second round score a bye?

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

second round bye

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
bigpond wrote:Simple though IF we get through and the program doesn't accomodate us (which at this stage it wont as the next round is April 12th and we have a league game on April 13th we will withdraw) but we will worry about it only when the time comes.
If you withdraw does the team you beat in the previous round get reinstated, or the team you get in the second round score a bye?
The team in the second round would get the bye, because that is the game you are foreiting.

It can't be that hard can it?

I mean the English FA allow recheduling of games if you are still in the FA Cup, no matter what level you are at. The leagues accept it and allow catch up games to be played.

How hard can it be, surely it's exactly the same as having a game postponed for weather or the like. You would think it would be an advert for the amateur league to have some of the teams progressing to a latter stage.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Hawksey, I can give you 5 letters that complicate your statement....

SAASL :!: :!:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Dead set.... you wouldn't think that it would be that hard!!!

Why is it then???

the FEDERATION blame the AMATEUR LEAGUE & they blame the FEDERATION????

like I said it reaks of politic's especially when you talk to both associations. They need to get there sh*t together for the good of the game because at the moment it's a Joke!
Last edited by nugget66 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mackem Lad wrote:Hawksey, I can give you 5 letters that complicate your statement....

He's back. When does the Vista V Gully bashing game start on here again

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Jay Walking wrote:
Mackem Lad wrote:Hawksey, I can give you 5 letters that complicate your statement....

Contrary to what you may think I am NOT mackem in blue. I am the other sunderland supporter that lives in SA :lol:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mackem Lad wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

Contrary to what you may think I am NOT mackem in blue. I am the other sunderland supporter that lives in SA :lol:
My Mistake

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Vista have been accepted into the fed cup.........and why not.......its a good chance for us to play on a pitch with grass!!!!!!!.
onoir diomasack

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Bodø Glimt wrote:
It still sounds a bit rich to participate in a tournament if you have no intentions of seeing it through.

Agree with Hawkesy... rescheduling a match shouldn't be too difficult

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: fed cup

Post by marooned »

Amateur Clubs will NOT be invited to participate in the fed cup this year. Reason given was no assurances that fixtures would be completed could be given. Piss poor effort from both leagues.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Azz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: fed cup

Post by Azz »

marooned wrote:Amateur Clubs will NOT be invited to participate in the fed cup this year. Reason given was no assurances that fixtures would be completed could be given. Piss poor effort from both leagues.
again :roll: