Amateur Results (3-4 June)

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:A's Saints 2 Brahma 9
B's Saints 0 Brahma 6
C's Cove 0 Celts 1

Dicanio, what the hell happened to you guys???
We just can't hit the net, created probably ten chances and missed all of them. Two errors from us resulted in two Greenock goals. No excuses though we were very ordinary and well done to Greenock.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Absolute ripper result for the east today. Thanks to West beach for a great hard game. They deffinatley took it to us in the first 20 - 30 mins. Our keeper made a shocking error for the second, but you get that!! We all pulled together and pulled off on of the greatest wins of the season. It now takes us to the top and with the farm vs Vista game next round it was crucial. There will be a mini break away pack after that game i beleive. As i have said before our squad is now very very strong with the bench/fringe players having an impact when coming on. Beach seemed to just loose their legs under relentless pressure and finally caved in.

P. Diddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by P. Diddy »

Aldo Serena Posted: 05 Jun 2006 08:28 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a very open game sparts and played in a very good spirit. I think we had the better of the first half chances (just). But you ran over the top of us in the second half, especially when you pushed the third man upfront. Another disappointing result for us.
Aldo, are Deieso and Bosio still guesting for the Blues? Surely not.
"Remember kids - stay in school"

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East 17 wrote:It looks like the wheels are falling off for Vista. What's going on BULLDOG? Two draws in two weeks to bottom sides. I guess the grilling you gave your boys (bhoys) on this forum last week didn't pay off quite as you would've liked it too.
What happened to the Farmers? Macedonia have claimed some nice scalps down at their ground.
The wheels certainly aren't falling off, just some fine tuning required. This league is very close and anyone can get a result againt anyone else on their day. Bosna beat Maco last week and this week Maco beat Farm, which is just one example of the strange results that Div 2 has thrown up week in week out.

I must admit though, 34 goals in 8 games by PHE is quite impressive.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

Dicanio wrote:
B's Saints 0 Brahma 6
C's Cove 0 Celts 1

We just can't hit the net, created probably ten chances and missed all of them. Two errors from us resulted in two Greenock goals. No excuses though we were very ordinary and well done to Greenock.
cant hit the net?? you guys have 30 odd bloody goals, most in div 4! what was it like playing down there? Saints were a funny lot. Coach started them off with 7 players as 4 hadnt trained. he then gradually put them on 1 at a time during the 1st half. was a funny sight. good bunch of lads down there though, pity about the lack of liquor license at their club.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:
Dicanio wrote:
B's Saints 0 Brahma 6
C's Cove 0 Celts 1

cant hit the net?? you guys have 30 odd bloody goals, most in div 4! what was it like playing down there? Saints were a funny lot. Coach started them off with 7 players as 4 hadn't trained. he then gradually put them on 1 at a time during the 1st half. was a funny sight. good bunch of lads down there
though, pity about the lack of liquor license at their club.
At the start of the year it seemed every time we went forward we scored, our strikers were in brilliant form. Last three weeks they have really dropped out of form, they'll come good I just hope it's not too late. We have to stop giving away soft goals aswell, when we can't seem to score we have to try and be tighter defensively.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

what was it like playing down there?
It was a terrible pitch.
- Paolo Di Canio

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Big shock with the Ingle Farm vs Macedonia game, what happened Robbo?[/quote]

Maco's (aka M.U. Lions) frustrated the crap out of Farm. M.U.Lions missing 4 of their best 11 and were estimating an extremely trying day. Lions went forward only a few times and took their chance.(a penalty). Farmers went forward 143 times and didnt. Lions keeper saving one penalty only to get booked and have it retaken. Then same taker missed the next one. Lions beaten top 2 sides, lost to bottom 2?? a little more consistentsy and could push for a much higher place on the ladder. :?

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

possibly an entirely new ground might help as well!!!!Cant believe that legally games are allowed to be played on Maso's ground.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

sweet mate productions wrote:possibly an entirely new ground might help as well!!!!Cant believe that legally games are allowed to be played on Maso's ground.
Good to see you have a run after 5 years out mate. But your performance made me think you'd been out for 10 years!!!

Who is that guy in your B team that came on and changed the game?? I cant believe he's not in your A team. The left back was pretty good too. :D

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Make you intensions clear happy kopite! Do you want to play A's? Can you train? Can you still hit the back of the net? Scoring hasn't been our strong point why don't you make an effort at a come back, at least become a super-sub

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Big pond, too many chances not being taken but it was a good game. Have to say that Limnos B team are the best team we have played this year although they didnt make many chances there play in the middle of the park was good we maybe struggled with fitness in the middle but again with only 11 players we dug in and got the result.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Mr Football wrote:Make you intensions clear happy kopite! Do you want to play A's? Can you train? Can you still hit the back of the net? Scoring hasn't been our strong point why don't you make an effort at a come back, at least become a super-sub
OK. No! No! And No - never have been able to that! Dont think I'm the answer. Dont want to put the coach in the position to have to drop me...again! Besides only made the bench for the B's this week.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Pontian 2
Bulldogs 0

Another win for the eagles and another clean sheet. Its funny that when a team is doing well all the other teams (and their supporters) think that money is being offered. without creating a whole new topic for the uptinth time get over it. As far as I know we dont pay and if we did who cares, Chelsea bought a premiership or two didnt they?

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

If Vista are fit enough they will beat Farm this week and next. That is all.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

golden eagle how much u getting paid... :wink: joke!!!

full credit to pontians... showed signs last year that there was a start of something good happening at the club and this year they have recruited well and have shown that they are definately a good team...
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Where's all the Farmers today?

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

who gets paid?

Ive also heard that Pontians get paid and that this year they are going overseas to play.

I hear that they have a great coach down there

Great to see they are doing so well!

Canine
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Canine »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Pontian 2
Bulldogs 0

Another win for the eagles and another clean sheet. Its funny that when a team is doing well all the other teams (and their supporters) think that money is being offered. without creating a whole new topic for the uptinth time get over it. As far as I know we dont pay and if we did who cares, Chelsea bought a premiership or two didnt they?
Hey Golden Eagle, you guys are certainly title favourites at this stage of the season and good luck for the rest of the year. We tried our best yesterday but couldnt keep you guys out for 90mins. In regards to the comments regarding payment of players, trust me, we really dont care if you do or you dont we were just trying our best to put you off your game and be the first team to take points from you this year. All the best for the rest of the year.
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog".

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Good result for Maco's against Farm........... Doesnt matter who has more of the ball end of the day we put our penalty away and Farm didnt! Good to see they stayed around for a drink!!!!!!! NOT!

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

did you play a's yesterday aldo? if so what number were you? I didnt see too many of your lads stick around for a drink after...oh well

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Canine you guys we physical but fair and did test us but I thought you played very defensive. If a few of the first half shots didnt hit the crossbar and went in the score could of looked ugly.

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year.

As for unknown the club is stepping in the right direction hopefully not just for the one year. we have got a few young boys that came to the club last and and a few older experienced one this year.

Our coach is good at keeping the team happy and even though he is a great player himself only plays himself last 15 min or so. good team morale and hopefully with some fund raising activities we could go O/S but I dont think we would have raised enough by this year so maybe next year.

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

well done fulham c's won 3-0. great game. that strike from no.12, is his name Dave,should be playing at least state league,and the goalie well done this week,heaps better.watch out for the rest of the teams,because they are on fire

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

State league for 'Dave' the striker, big shout, maybe we should look at him playing in the 1st team then. :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

East 17 wrote:It looks like the wheels are falling off for Vista. What's going on BULLDOG? Two draws in two weeks to bottom sides. I guess the grilling you gave your boys (bhoys) on this forum last week didn't pay off quite as you would've liked it too.
What happened to the Farmers? Macedonia have claimed some nice scalps down at their ground.
no mate your on the button there.i do wear my heart where all can see,and i was just being honest.as i was yesterday after the result(and hadn't been drinking) we've dropped points which we shouldn't of, we played bad as a team both weeks,however some who have lacked abit of form from there normal standard have lifted but not enough at the same time if that makes sense.If were good enough we'll get promoted if were not we won't ,that's the quailty of div 2.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Happy Kopite wrote:
Mr Football wrote:Make you intensions clear happy kopite! Do you want to play A's? Can you train? Can you still hit the back of the net? Scoring hasn't been our strong point why don't you make an effort at a come back, at least become a super-sub
OK. No! No! And No - never have been able to that! Dont think I'm the answer. Dont want to put the coach in the position to have to drop me...again! Besides only made the bench for the B's this week.
oh get over it batty boy.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

sparts wrote:did you play a's yesterday aldo? if so what number were you? I didnt see too many of your lads stick around for a drink after...oh well
No, I captain the Reserves, was wearing 13. Had to come off early in the second half. Rolled my ankle at training last week, and (stupidly) decided to play!

The boys didn't want to hang around after the game, especially after another loss. No disrespect to your guys/club.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

[quote="LION"]Good result for Maco's against Farm........... Doesnt matter who has more of the ball end of the day we put our penalty away and Farm didnt! Good to see they stayed around for a drink!!!!!!! NOT![/quote]

Maybe we should name CLUBS on this forum that dont stay for
a drink after games.

What do u think ROBBO? :wink:

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Maybe we should! Maybe then they might come in, for fear of being embarassed!

pomestrika
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by pomestrika »

totti wrote:well done fulham c's won 3-0. great game. that strike from no.12, is his name Dave,should be playing at least state league,and the goalie well done this week,heaps better.watch out for the rest of the teams,because they are on fire
if your thinking of the fulham number 12 his name is dave, i think we played really good against munna para and showed them that lower teams can still play just as good as the ones at top