Amateur Results (3-4 June)

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

div5 storm trooper NUFC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

northern united v athelstone

Post by div5 storm trooper NUFC »

would like to congratulate lftwing 11 on his first goal of the season.. Just wondering why it took you so long? So why did you leave a div 3 club like payn/post to go play div 5 ? nice move!!!! . So who are you playing for next year if athelstone are promoted ? think gawler are looking for a left winger ( no offence gawler ) but you will be safe of staying in div 5, you might even get two goals in two year with two clubs. also like to say keep up the good work paul you are holding that team together all from the middle. But why would a side start a fight with a team when they are 15-1 up two weeks ago gameboys ! :twisted:
Last edited by div5 storm trooper NUFC on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

East Boy wrote:Absolute ripper result for the east today. Thanks to West beach for a great hard game. They deffinatley took it to us in the first 20 - 30 mins. Our keeper made a shocking error for the second, but you get that!! We all pulled together and pulled off on of the greatest wins of the season. It now takes us to the top and with the farm vs Vista game next round it was crucial. There will be a mini break away pack after that game i beleive. As i have said before our squad is now very very strong with the bench/fringe players having an impact when coming on. Beach seemed to just loose their legs under relentless pressure and finally caved in.
dont think it was beaches legs that gave out . but there shape did. As they say , attack is the best form of deffense. and while beach kept attacking they kept in front. the score could of been higher and i think beach will become even stronger for losing this one

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Big pond, too many chances not being taken but it was a good game. Have to say that Limnos B team are the best team we have played this year although they didnt make many chances there play in the middle of the park was good we maybe struggled with fitness in the middle but again with only 11 players we dug in and got the result.
cheers mate!
who were u on da pitch? i was in defence numba 5(conceded the penalty)! thought it was a tuff game, we came close 2 times the whole game which was poor... i dont think there were alot of chances by both teams at all... u blokes had those 2 shots that our keeper had 2 save low! penalty was a bit stiff, more like a dive but ey if ur a striker u gotta do wat u gotta do... plus with home ref ur always on a winna! but well played by both teams i thought, gd luk 4 the season and see ya at stingray park

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

[quote="LION"]Good result for Maco's against Farm........... Doesnt matter who has more of the ball end of the day we put our penalty away and Farm didnt! Good to see they stayed around for a drink!!!!!!! NOT![/quote
so farm didnt stay for a drink? VERY BAD FORM. SHAME SHAME SHAME. Bet they also took their own eskies full of beer

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: northern united v athelstone

Post by LFTWNG11 »

div5 storm trooper NUFC wrote:would like to congratulate lftwing 11 on his first goal of the season.. Just wondering why it took you so long? So why did you leave a div 3 club like paynem/postel to go play div 5 ? nice move!!!! . So who are you playing for next year if athelstone are promoted ? think gawler are looking for a left winger ( no offence gawler ) but you will be safe of staying in div 5, you might even get two goals in two year with two clubs. also like to say keep up the good work paul you are holding that team together all from the middle. But why would a side start a fight with a team when they are 15-1 up two weeks ago gameboys ! :twisted:
o0o0o man you got me there... what can I say? I mean yea my finishing has been poor this season in comparison to last season, and yea I did move from Payneham to my local team, your right... but what does that say about you, you know where I played last year, you know who I am and you know I scored my first on the weekend... Why would you be so interested in someone who obvisouly isn't good enough for Div.5??

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Tough penalty but stonewall from where i was, it wasnt a bad tackle but you took him on the thigh with your attempt to get the ball. Good game played in the correct manner much to your credit, it seems that teams are now realising that you cannot bully your way to a win anymore.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Redders wrote:A's PHW 1-0 USC Lion
B's PHW 2-1 USC Lion
C's PHW 8-0 USC Lion

Disapointing game for the A's. Enjoyed the majority of the possesion for no result and had a penalty disallowed in 1st half when it clearly was(PHW coach agreed). But full credit goes to PHW they took there chance when it came and this game is all about taking your chances...
Redders, have you cheered up after being dragged in the above mentioned game, a harsh sub as you where doing well, from my observation Lion did infact dominate the game, a penalty may have been there but the theatrics of the dive probably swayed the refs decision not to award the penalty. end of the day goals win matches and your team didnt score any.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Mr X wrote:
Redders wrote:A's PHW 1-0 USC Lion
B's PHW 2-1 USC Lion
C's PHW 8-0 USC Lion

Disapointing game for the A's. Enjoyed the majority of the possesion for no result and had a penalty disallowed in 1st half when it clearly was(PHW coach agreed). But full credit goes to PHW they took there chance when it came and this game is all about taking your chances...
Redders, have you cheered up after being dragged in the above mentioned game, a harsh sub as you where doing well, from my observation Lion did infact dominate the game, a penalty may have been there but the theatrics of the dive probably swayed the refs decision not to award the penalty. end of the day goals win matches and your team didnt score any.
Very true as i stated in my previous post..

and dragged again..haha.. I got an apology from the coach at training on Tuesday. He said he may of made the wrong decision. I thought i was getting ontop of your full back and all of a sudden subbed. Nevermind.

I told that guy every time he goes down, he sounds like hes been shot and it looks bad. With the limited refs in the association, im pretty sure they remember him. It was a penalty but he makes the most of it and it costs us. Oh well look forward to having a chat with ya on return leg.