SAASL New Rush Keeper Ruling

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

SAASL New Rush Keeper Ruling

Post by Bodes »

Due to the amount of teams needing that elusive almost extinct species the goalkeeper we should approach the SAASL regarding bringing in the good old rush keeper rule. A well known rule to all street teams the closest to the goals can touch the ball with his hands. Either that or you can't shoot outside the six yard box. Any other ideas?

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: SAASL New Rush Keeper Ruling

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodes wrote:A well known rule to all street teams the closest to the goals can touch the ball with his hands. Either that or you can't shoot outside the six yard box. Any other ideas?
That was always called monkey rush in my street.

Rush goalie was the keeper was allowed to charge up field, but still only he could handle the ball (in his area obviously). Monkey rush was anyone could handle the ball.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Hawkesy wrote:
Bodes wrote:A well known rule to all street teams the closest to the goals can touch the ball with his hands. Either that or you can't shoot outside the six yard box. Any other ideas?

Rush goalie was the keeper was allowed to charge up field, but still only he could handle the ball (in his area obviously). Monkey rush was anyone could handle the ball.
I quite often played your version of Rush keeper late in the game on a Sunday Avo!

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

I was putting together a proposal that we should scrap 11 a side and just have 5 a side with no keepers and small goals.

I mean if its good enough for Baan and the kids it has to be good enough for us.
Agia Lavra 1821!

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

Hawkesy wrote:

Grow up with Andrew Symonds did you. :D

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Bodes wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:

Grow up with Andrew Symonds did you. :D
LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Careful now.

Maybe some incentives to keep or bring in keepers.
I'm not retiring anytime soon :D

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

Good to hear. See you next week.