Ingle Farm Soccer Club Pre Season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Ingle Farm Soccer Club Pre Season

Post by Jay Walking »

Starts tomorrow night at 7:00pm. Training will continue every Tuesday and Thursday thereafter. BBQ every Thursday night with happy hour at 9:30pm. Bar prices are some of the cheapest going around the league.

The club will again be coached by Paul Simpson, ablely assited by Alan Leadbeater and Billy Graves. Vinnie Evans will coordinate our over 35'side (Dads Army as we like to call it). We have some excellent sessions planned and whilst training for the A's and B's can be intense, its very fun and mainly with a ball at your feet.

We are still looking for a trainer and a C Team coach. Trust me guys, you dont want me as your C Team coach so find someone.

Anyone who would like more details about training, the club or becoming the C Team coach, PM me or refer to the ad in todays Advertiser.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

All Vista players that stuggled to make they A team are welcome apparently or is that just cause the decent ones aren't interested in your money....... Carra23!!!
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mr Football wrote:All Vista players that stuggled to make they A team are welcome apparently or is that just cause the decent ones aren't interested in your money....... Carra23!!!
All players are welcome to our club, even those from Vista. As far as I know, only 1-2 are looking at joining us from Vista though.

As for the money, everyone that plays in the first team is compenstated the same amount to money, even if you dont take the park. Not sure where your coming from with that one Mr Football.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

There is one person who knows exactly what i'm not talking about, i'm not gonna name names cause he knows who he is
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

Heard theres a trial game with the Wanderers in Feburary.. Wanderers 5-0

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

The Roo wrote:Heard theres a trial game with the Wanderers in Feburary.. Wanderers 5-0
Thats only if Ralph rings me back!! He wont settle on a date

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

We're happy to belt ya anyday.. Could be Feb 17...

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

The Roo wrote:We're happy to belt ya anyday.. Could be Feb 17...
It was dependant on if you guys were playing in a tournament or not. Its either the 17th or 24th. Get him to ring me! Simo's biting my head off.

From memory, didnt we win the last time we play :wink:

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Mr Football wrote:There is one person who knows exactly what i'm not talking about, i'm not gonna name names cause he knows who he is
Haha, sour grapes ????

Put your dummy back in your mouth

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mr Football wrote:There is one person who knows exactly what i'm not talking about, i'm not gonna name names cause he knows who he is
There weren't any Vista blokes, aside from Billy, out last night

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

mr football wrote
All Vista players that stuggled to make they A team are welcome apparently or is that just cause the decent ones aren't interested in your money....... Carra23!!!
Yawn another season, another of whinging about players getting paid or reimburstments for their time and commitment. Another season of all talk and no results will be the outcome no doubt. Get over the money and get on with your own game. Dont know if we have you in a pre season game Mr Football but we can discuss it more over a beer if we do. Good luck to stewie and the club for 2008.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

marooned wrote:mr football wrote
Yawn another season, another of whinging about players getting paid or reimburstments for their time and commitment. Another season of all talk and no results will be the outcome no doubt. Get over the money and get on with your own game. Dont know if we have you in a pre season game Mr Football but we can discuss it more over a beer if we do. Good luck to stewie and the club for 2008.
Nah i was just in a shitty mood i don't care if players get payed or not its always gonna happen at some clubs and never at others, really doesn't bother me unless its used to try and get players to leave my club for another (if it is). I'd love to be payed to play but would never leave vista to do it. Pretty sure stuey has plans for pre season games unfortunately, always enjoy our games against the downs, learn a lot and get a good hard match.
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mr Football wrote:
Nah i was just in a shitty mood i don't care if players get payed or not its always gonna happen at some clubs and never at others, really doesn't bother me unless its used to try and get players to leave my club for another (if it is). I'd love to be payed to play but would never leave vista to do it. Pretty sure stuey has plans for pre season games unfortunately, always enjoy our games against the downs, learn a lot and get a good hard match.
Do you really think less than $50 if you win would make someone leave a club if they were happy there. The reason we pay is because we have a sponsor who wishes for his money to be spent on reimbursing players. Cara has spoken to some of the players who were at Vista last year yes. But to say he is trying to buy them is a bit far fetched. No disrecpt to these players, but you claim he has asked guys who werent good enough to make your first team last year. Would they make our first team then? Only our A team players get paid. For the record, 2 Vista players came and spoke to me about playing for us at the end of last season.

Speak to almost everyone in our club, they certainly ain't there for the money. You will find the same with Florina, Downs, Vale, Gardens etc. Westies are the best example, those guys get virutally nothing but stick together in that team. They do try to recruit from other clubs, we all do, but they also dont go mental if someone wants to play for a different club to advance themselves or to enjoy their football more.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Jay Walking wrote:
Mr Football wrote:
Do you really think less than $50 if you win would make someone leave a club if they were happy there. The reason we pay is because we have a sponsor who wishes for his money to be spent on reimbursing players. Cara has spoken to some of the players who were at Vista last year yes. But to say he is trying to buy them is a bit far fetched. No disrecpt to these players, but you claim he has asked guys who werent good enough to make your first team last year. Would they make our first team then? Only our A team players get paid. For the record, 2 Vista players came and spoke to me about playing for us at the end of last season.

Speak to almost everyone in our club, they certainly ain't there for the money. You will find the same with Florina, Downs, Vale, Gardens etc. Westies are the best example, those guys get virutally nothing but stick together in that team. They do try to recruit from other clubs, we all do, but they also dont go mental if someone wants to play for a different club to advance themselves or to enjoy their football more.
I'm over it mate
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Jay Walking wrote:
Mr Football wrote:

Very true, certain clubs would do well to realise this.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Some good points there JayWalking however it does get frustrating when other clubs constantly contact your current players offering money when your club can not afford to compete however that's were the loyalty comes in and if there happy they are there for more than money as you have quite rightly pointed out. For me it is Ok for clubs to contact players once or twice as players are fair game in the off season as they are amateurs but no (once or twice) is no isn't it :?:

Coming from a club that does not have juniors and can’t have juniors due to many reasons which are out of our control (council for one) we do rely on loyalty and for me that’s our clubs responsibility to keep our players happy in other ways in the form of incentives other than money in good training gear ie, balls, box nets etc, cheaper registration for current players, drinks for 1st team.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Gabon wrote:Some good points there JayWalking however it does get frustrating when other clubs constantly contact your current players offering money when your club can not afford to compete however that's were the loyalty comes in and if there happy they are there for more than money as you have quite rightly pointed out. For me it is Ok for clubs to contact players once or twice as players are fair game in the off season as they are amateurs but no (once or twice) is no isn't it :?:

Coming from a club that does not have juniors and can’t have juniors due to many reasons which are out of our control (council for one) we do rely on loyalty and for me that’s our clubs responsibility to keep our players happy in other ways in the form of incentives other than money in good training gear ie, balls, box nets etc, cheaper registration for current players, drinks for 1st team.
I agree. We dont have a junior system but try to have an association with the Ingle Farm juniors. It can be tough to keep your own players but do you really want someone there that doesn't want to be somewhere else. We lost Mario to Cobras 2 years ago due to the fact that they are paying him over $400 per game every week. We can't compete with that either. It comes down to a culture and what else you can offer. Just like you guys, we try to have cheaper rego, cheap drink prices etc.

Its interesting to look at the difference between TTG and Vista. They are two of the biggest junior clubs in South Australia. TTG pay the Amatuers and Vista dont. Its not to say that you should or shouldn't. Until last year, we never paid players. Paying big $$ doesn't give you success and the players you pay big $$ rarely stay.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Jay Walking wrote:
Gabon wrote:Some good points there JayWalking however it does get frustrating when other clubs constantly contact your current players offering money when your club can not afford to compete however that's were the loyalty comes in and if there happy they are there for more than money as you have quite rightly pointed out. For me it is Ok for clubs to contact players once or twice as players are fair game in the off season as they are amateurs but no (once or twice) is no isn't it :?:

I agree. We dont have a junior system but try to have an association with the Ingle Farm juniors. It can be tough to keep your own players but do you really want someone there that doesn't want to be somewhere else - EASY NO. We lost Mario to Cobras 2 years ago due to the fact that they are paying him over $400 per game every week. We can't compete with that either. It comes down to a culture and what else you can offer - SPOT ON. Just like you guys, we try to have cheaper rego, cheap drink prices etc.

Its interesting to look at the difference between TTG and Vista. They are two of the biggest junior clubs in South Australia. TTG pay the Amatuers and Vista dont. Its not to say that you should or shouldn't. Until last year, we never paid players. Paying big $$ doesn't give you success and the players you pay big $$ rarely stay.
personally speaking i've been offered money to play at other clubs but chose not to as for me money is not the reason i play the game however i don't hold a grudge to players that do play for money in fact good luck to them. For me the grass is not always greener even if the are $$$ involved, the mateship i have from staying with 1 club is as the say priceless and because of this i have some mates for life.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Gabon wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

I agree. We dont have a junior system but try to have an association with the Ingle Farm juniors. It can be tough to keep your own players but do you really want someone there that doesn't want to be somewhere else - EASY NO. We lost Mario to Cobras 2 years ago due to the fact that they are paying him over $400 per game every week. We can't compete with that either. It comes down to a culture and what else you can offer - SPOT ON. Just like you guys, we try to have cheaper rego, cheap drink prices etc.

personally speaking i've been offered money to play at other clubs but chose not to as for me money is not the reason i play the game however i don't hold a grudge to players that do play for money in fact good luck to them. For me the grass is not always greener even if the are $$$ involved, the mateship i have from staying with 1 club is as the say priceless and because of this i have some mates for life.
There are lots of people similar to you

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Jay Walking wrote:
Gabon wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

There are lots of people similar to you
I know it was a quite obvious comment, how else would our clubs survive if there weren't people not in it not for the money.

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

Come on, from what I saw of Vista last year they would not have one first team player who would make the A's squad of the top four Div 1 teams from last year.

If you think you do, then go out and have a try....

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Good call Yammy Boy, I dont think Vista are any cop either!!! Who could make div 1 first team? Im struggling to think anyone.... Is Colin or Matt Simpson still out there?

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

colin hung up the boots at the end 0f season 2006 due to his knee problems, simo is still out at vista.

it would appear that vista will get the same players returning all bar a couple who i'm told have gone to the farm. a couple are not sure where and even if they'll play anywhere this year, but on a whole the players the coach wanted to see return have said they'll be back.I guess as of the 3nd of feb we'll know who we'll have out there.

good luck to all for season 2008.
onoir diomasack

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

The views and statements made on this website regarding Modbury Vista Soccer Club from players, ex-players or staff are not necessarily shared by the current coaching staff.
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Are you coaching this year Spellow?

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

rule 1: create an environment at your club where players and supporters
want to stay..
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

alm01 wrote:rule 1: create an environment at your club where players and supporters
want to stay..
I still left Florina for the big bucks that the Farm were paying me

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

every club will have players leave thats human nature..
but the above rule will create the masses staying..
anyway i heard you left cause the charcoal wings was putting on weight
and left to lose it with leggy's pre-seasons..
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

alm01 wrote:every club will have players leave thats human nature..
but the above rule will create the masses staying..
anyway i heard you left cause the charcoal wings was putting on weight
and left to lose it with leggy's pre-seasons..
:oops: Its true

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

haha, that will get back..