rd8 div2

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

rd8 div2

Post by the REAL one »

feel free to write a match preview of any game this weekend and/or match prediction

i will start with:

fulham v limnos

well this is the derby we had been looking for since the fixtures were announced (not that there is bad blood between the 2) but the close proximity of the 2 clubs (and sort of greek v italians, altho both clubs have plenty of other nationalities amongst the ranks) as well as few players from both sides knowing each other and being mates, sets up a prospect of great match... with both teams supposedly ball playing teams

altho recent form of limnos, with 3 heavy defeats... the morale and confidence is at a low... but i no the boys will be up for it!
1 point separates the two going into this game and a win for fulham will pull them away from the relegation dogfight and further put limnos into it... a subsequent win for limnos will ease the pressure and boost the confidence and in return drag fulham closer to the bottom 2...

will we see a cautious approach from both sides with emphasis on containment and fear of not losing or will we see 1 team dominate and the other put under the pump or will we see a ding dong battle with both sides losing their defensive inhabitions and attack without fear?

all in all, get down to collins reserve off valetta rd sunday arvo coz u wont be disappointed!!!

score: fulham 2 limnos 3
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Watch out for the long ball up to the midget at the front and keep smiling. :wink:

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

might be marking u harry

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

is there an amature team called rostrevor old collegians

nico
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by nico »

They play in the Collegiate League.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

If you are marking me make sure you are quick have plenty of stamina and a wallet full of cash cause i will be downing the ale like an olympian at the bar. :wink:

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

harryhandsome1 wrote:If you are marking me make sure you are quick have plenty of stamina and a wallet full of cash cause i will be downing the ale like an olympian at the bar. :wink:
hahaha ok misinterpreted ur post :oops:

and sorry bloke, dont have a wallet full of cash :lol:

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Didnt say i wasnt playing but if i am you would still see more movement at the bar.

Cantona7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cantona7 »

PARA HILLS EAST 5 - WEST BEACH 4

Probably the most exciting game i have seen in the last 3 years.
After being 3 nil down, the Easties clawed their way back to 3-2. Then West beach scored what could have been the game killer 4 the easties.....then on came danny reek with two absoulete pearlers to level the scores.
Then with less then 2 minutes to go, the league's top scorer gave Easties an unbelievable win......

To be fair, Easties peppered the goal from the 20 minute onwards, right to the final whistle. 5 of the nine goals were class - from both sides.

Great atmosphere - and easties showed that they have the "Bottle" to go all the way.....

Para Hills East Scorers

Reek 2
Krollig 2
Thomas (Nut) 1

Best Players

Thomas - Relentless worker, chipped in with 2 goals - provided another dimension drifting out wide.
Krollig - Handful for the defnders all day. Linked well with Midfield. Took his goals emphatically.
O'Neill - Steadied the ship from the back - provided direction all day.

Turning Point - The Reek substitution. Played with passion - scored two gems, and drove the side on with hard running and determination.

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

PHE vs Beach was a cracker.......... high scoring and very entertaining
Maco's vs Farm......... Huge upset and Farm couldnt score despite even with penalties. Mom for Maco's keeper.
Fulham vs Limnos......... Limnos back with a win.
Bosna vs Vista....... Vista with 2 consecutive draws
Knights vs Pumas or the other way around........ close game but knights pull it off

so unknown? or harryhandsome1 who won ur battle? What was your over all thoughts on your game? Supposedly it was a big clash in terms of pts and a so called "derby".

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Mom for maso's keepeer?

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

yep man of match!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Impressive match review Cantona 7.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

viduka wrote:yep man of match!
Oh! Sorry I thought he was BOG!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cantona7 wrote:PARA HILLS EAST 5 - WEST BEACH 4

After being 3 nil down, the Easties clawed their way back to 3-2. Then West beach scored what could have been the game killer 4 the easties.....then on came danny reek with two absoulete pearlers to level the scores.
Then with less then 2 minutes to go, the league's top scorer gave Easties an unbelievable win......

To be fair, Easties peppered the goal from the 20 minute onwards, right to the final whistle. 5 of the nine goals were class - from both sides.

Great atmosphere - and easties showed that they have the "Bottle" to go all the way.....

Para Hills East Scorers

Reek 2
Krollig 2
Thomas (Nut) 1

Best Players

Thomas - Relentless worker, chipped in with 2 goals - provided another dimension drifting out wide.
Krollig - Handful for the defnders all day. Linked well with Midfield. Took his goals emphatically.

Turning Point - The Reek substitution. Played with passion - scored two gems, and drove the side on with hard running and determination.
how can one of your best players be from a defence that conceeded 4 goals. maybe i havent seen much fottball in my 30 odd yrs in the sport. but Oneill gave away or got caught with the ball on numeruos occassions. are you his father?

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Onthepissagain, dont be upset just because your brother is a better player than you! :wink:

Cantona7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cantona7 »

onthepissagain wrote:
Cantona7 wrote:PARA HILLS EAST 5 - WEST BEACH 4

Para Hills East Scorers

Reek 2
Krollig 2
Thomas (Nut) 1

Best Players

how can one of your best players be from a defence that conceeded 4 goals. maybe i havent seen much fottball in my 30 odd yrs in the sport. but Oneill gave away or got caught with the ball on numeruos occassions. are you his father?
Na, i'm not his father. Everyone makes mistakes in a game. Thats the wonderful thing about "fottball" is the difference of opinion.
I'm just a bloke that likes watching PHE play on a Sunday.
I may not know as much as you - but my opinion and effort that I put into that match review counts.
Whats important is the beautiful game.
So what if Easties gave away four. They scored Five. Joga Bonito Baby.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lion catcher wrote:Onthepissagain, dont be upset just because your brother is a better player than you! :wink:
think you have the wrong person. Im an only child

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Onthepissagain, Have you ever won a div 1 championship medal?? My imformative may need to be shot!!

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

NO he doesnt!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lion catcher wrote:Onthepissagain, Have you ever won a div 1 championship medal?? My imformative may need to be shot!!
More than one. but whats your piont.still an only child :lol: