Amateur League Results 1-2 April

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

O DIALOS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by O DIALOS »

even 1 of ur spectators siting behind us said that it was clearly an off side..it wasnt just us complaining.

in my view of the game the stingrays dominated the first half and bout 15 min into the second half then vista took ova for the rest of the game.

like i said before congrats for the 3 points..but the ref shiraz up a really good game of football

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

O DIALOS wrote:even 1 of ur spectators siting behind us said that it was clearly an off side..it wasnt just us complaining.

in my view of the game the stingrays dominated the first half and bout 15 min into the second half then vista took ova for the rest of the game.

like i said before congrats for the 3 points..but the ref shiraz up a really good game of football
You may be right, I just can't remember there being any hint of offside or your players protesting in any way. But you would have been in a better position than me to see.

Good luck for the season.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

ManicD wrote:Athelstone 7 Northern United 1 (A's)
Athelstone 3 Northern United 0 (B's)
ref was terrible!

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

damn unlucky scouty
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

oh well atleast i play B's so it wasnt that bad :D

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Gday boys,

Div 2
A Team
Adelaide Pumas 1 Ingle Farm 5

B Team Adelaide Pumas 2 Ingle Farm 2

Div 9
Munno Para 8 Ingle Farm 1

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

hey robbo, is dave ennis playing out at ingle farm?

is marty lara still out there?

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Gday boys,

Div 2
A Team
Adelaide Pumas 1 Ingle Farm 5

B Team Adelaide Pumas 2 Ingle Farm 2

Div 9
Munno Para 8 Ingle Farm 1

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

In the Limnos Vista game, the goal was definitely offside I was in line with that 100%.

Apart from the obvious crap refereeing towards Limnos, I believe Vista did play the ball well and caught the stingrays in akward situations many times. It was just another bad day in the limnos books, you can't win them all.

And avenell, I just can't see how the refereeing was shocking for you guys :?:

Moomoo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Moomoo »

obviously disappointed but its only one game ( Limnos v Vista )

a few nasty uncessary tackles

game finished, results secured now moving on to round 2

Post by Guest »

San Marco 4 - 3 MSSC Blue Eagles

Disappointing result after being up 3-1 early in the second half, and against 10 men. We totally dominated the first half, and should have had 5 or 6 in the first 20 mins.

Ref was an absolute shocker. He gave San Marco a dubious penalty, and a puzzling indirect free kick inside the box. He let tackles from behind go all day, and was always 30 metres off the play. But we ran out of legs in the last 10-15, and couldn't hold on.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Anonymous wrote:San Marco 4 - 3 MSSC Blue Eagles

Disappointing result after being up 3-1 early in the second half, and against 10 men. We totally dominated the first half, and should have had 5 or 6 in the first 20 mins.

Ref was an absolute shocker. He gave San Marco a dubious penalty, and a puzzling indirect free kick inside the box. He let tackles from behind go all day, and was always 30 metres off the play. But we ran out of legs in the last 10-15, and couldn't hold on.
By the way, the above post is from yours truly.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

A's South Coast 1 Brahma 5
B's South Coast 0 Brahma 2

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

common trend in all those posts is that the refs are of poor standard... its nothing new but it is disturbing!!!

vista deserved the 3 points but i got 2 say we were on the receiving end more often than not of some poor decisions...

1 incident that was baffling was when we received a free kick 4 a bad tackle and our player was booked :roll: :?: oh well!

another incident that baffled me is when i was shielding the ball and he pinged me 4 it! :shock:

Post by Guest »

Ref in the Knights v Bosna game was also shocking but as one supporter shouted out "at least your consistently hopeless". Didn't favour one team over the other and didn't effect the result, we just couldn't finish.

Limnos boys how good were Vista? After seeing Bosna on Sunday I would expect you to beat them - there not bad but not great have 3 very good players

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

the REAL one wrote:common trend in all those posts is that the refs are of poor standard... its nothing new but it is disturbing!!!

vista deserved the 3 points but i got 2 say we were on the receiving end more often than not of some poor decisions...

1 incident that was baffling was when we received a free kick 4 a bad tackle and our player was booked :roll: :?: oh well!

another incident that baffled me is when i was shielding the ball and he pinged me 4 it! :shock:
Yeh that decision when you were shielding the ball was a shocker. I think the one where Limnos got the free kick and had a player booked was because your player retaliated in some way, but I didn't see it. We had some soft yellow cards dished out to us too, including one I got myself. And what about our cast iron penalty that was turned down in the first half??

harryhandsome

Post by harryhandsome »

The ref at the Fulham game should be ashamed of himself, both teams were furious with this guy. He stopped the games that many times for nothing it was not funny. Surely they have to be assessed and graded to a league that suits there ability, this guy wouldnt get a gig reffing the dead.

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

harryhandsome wrote:The ref at the Fulham game should be ashamed of himself, both teams were furious with this guy. He stopped the games that many times for nothing it was not funny. Surely they have to be assessed and graded to a league that suits there ability, this guy wouldnt get a gig reffing the dead.
Yeah he was pretty bad, made a pretty good game turn into a bit of a farce I think he nearly booked everyone on the park.

Post by Guest »

what number were u avenell?

the tackle i copped in the 2nd half will keep me out 4 awhile possibly the season...

golden eagle

Post by golden eagle »

Pontian 2
TTG CITY 0

Everyone is complaining about the refs well without them there would be no game I dont see too many people putting their hand up to ref so be gratful that there doing the job that no one wants to do.

Pontians played well today against a good TTG team. Pontians took their chances while TTG had their better chances saved or cleared off the line. Pontians were reduced to ten men with 15 mins to go and held on for a good win to start the season.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Anonymous wrote:what number were u avenell?

the tackle i copped in the 2nd half will keep me out 4 awhile possibly the season...
I was wearing No. 8. I can't remember who it was that injured you, but all the best with the recovery and the rest of the season.

harryhandsome

Post by harryhandsome »

Mr Bojangles, both teams tried to play football and there wasnt really a bad tackle in the game, the head butt was silly but that happens in the game. My thinking is that the ref likes to be the centre of attention, either that or his wife rules the roost and sundays are the only day he gets to flex his muscles.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Yeh ref in our game was a shocker, I was hacked blantently form behind and in the clear no card shown. I didnt complain because I dont like wishing cards on other players, but you cant hack people from behind and get away with it, surely not.
The ref seem to know some of the opposition players which made me more suspect. Something needs to be done about the standard of reffing in this game. I mean it is Amaeur comp but all we want is consistancy. Some weeks refs come up with bizzare interpretations that were thrown out years ago. Must be stopped. At the end of the day what can we do?
In the B game before hand the ref didnt rock up and not one person wanted to be it, because they know the abuse they'd cop from the sidelines of both teams. Whod wanna be a ref ey...
Last edited by Redders on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

i haven't heard so much complaining about refs before, but what do you expect! the refs in superleague can be somewhat dubious, amateur refs are going to be woeful!

however, you do have to appreciate that they do it, when they could very easily not do it!

there's no way i'd ever be a referee. maybe in federation, but definitely not amateurs, they cop it sweet!

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

yep its a crap job but they do get PAID for it so do tha bloody job right..

anyway its more about PROTECTING players who need to wake up and go to work the next day

This is wat i care about.. not tha shiraz refs feelings.. we play for the luv of the game.. is a little protection to shiraz much to ask for????

when u get an obviously biased ref and alows countless tackles from behind with little or NO punishement.. this gives a green light to one side to go hard without reprisals..

also when a ref is consitantly crap for both teams all day its no way near as bad as a ref who CLEARLY biases one team over another for whatever reason and alows this bias to be the melting pot for injuries etc

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Kosta United wrote:yep its a crap job but they do get PAID for it so do tha bloody job right..

anyway its more about PROTECTING players who need to wake up and go to work the next day

This is wat i care about.. not tha shiraz refs feelings.. we play for the luv of the game.. is a little protection to shiraz much to ask for????

when u get an obviously biased ref and alows countless tackles from behind with little or NO punishement.. this gives a green light to one side to go hard without reprisals..

also when a ref is consitantly crap for both teams all day its no way near as bad as a ref who CLEARLY biases one team over another for whatever reason and alows this bias to be the melting pot for injuries etc
Kosta has a fair point there....cant let players get away with day light robbery, which some do. Ok there are going to be some incidents behind play which refs cant pick up, but when your amongst the play you expect the ref to take some disciplinary action.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

personally a ref can make crap decisions durin the game for all i care, but aslong as he does it for both sides!

the ref b4 our game even sed that there isnt a huge lineup of refs behind him haha which i thought was funny... told me 2 tell my team t\o keep there mouths shut or else he would show cards... which we did, but when the otha team swore at him there were no bookings... ohh i 4got he was there ref!

and as for the a's game, i thnik the ref shoulda showed more authority and prove to the players that hes not afraid to show cards!
i rkn he showed me cards for talkin then he did for challenges that were nowhere near the ball!

DYP
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DYP »

Northern United vs Adelaide Asteras
Next Sunday

:D

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Yeh I cant stand biased refs. I dont mind bad ones that make bad decisions for both team AT LEAST THEY ARE FAIR AND CONSISTANT, like people say.

but like i said before noone wants to be a ref for Amateur league games.

I dont know if this already happens but....

Is there some sought of performance appraisial that both captiains could hand in after the game?? Rating the Refs on 1-10 based on various decisions during the game. eg

Could the Ref undertand...(then give them a score out of ten)

FOUL THROWS 10
TACKLES FROM BEHIND 4
OFFSIDES 7
COMMUNICATION to the players 7
etc etc...

topics like these would see the better refs reffing in higher divisions ect. and because the ratings were given from both sides the ref could see certain areas on where he needs to improve. I dunno just an Idea.

Then refs are monitored closey from both sides and the SAASL headquarters can anylise each refs game and assign them accordingly.

But lets face it 99% of games are won by the team who deserves it. Refs can have an influence but majority of the time they arent going to decide the winner of a game, unless its a blantently poor decision( like poor penalty decision in last minute).

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

Gotta say, the refs we had yesterday were brilliant, both the 1st team ref aswell as the b's ref who was from their club. Its not very often we get to say that in Div 4, so thought i'd put some positives on here for the guys in black.

Clubs can always write a letter of complaint to the SAASL if they feel the ref was biased in any way.