Amateur League Results 1-2 April

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

MrMC wrote:Northern United vs Adelaide Asteras
Next Sunday

:D
Asteras feeling a little left after out after the round 1 bye? I for one will be interested to see how you guys go in your first game.

Interesting match this coming weekend will by Athelstone away to Central City. Both reserve teams won over the weekend and are top of the table and both A teams won 7-1 (athelstone beat northern united, central city beat gawler). It will put some perspective in place for who is gonna challenge for Div 5.

Knight 7

Post by Knight 7 »

From what I have read we were quite lucky! South Coast have a very good B Ref and most teams do, Croatia was also good last year as was Payenham Post-Tel and Imbros, in fact I don't think we had reason to complain about any B Ref's in Division 3 last year. Also Bramha Lodge have almost always had a good B Ref. Hope Division 2 is the same this year!

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Knight 7 wrote:From what I have read we were quite lucky! South Coast have a very good B Ref and most teams do, Croatia was also good last year as was Payenham Post-Tel and Imbros, in fact I don't think we had reason to complain about any B Ref's in Division 3 last year. Also Bramha Lodge have almost always had a good B Ref. Hope Division 2 is the same this year!
@ Raptors vs Limnos (the raptors B's ref)- Disgraceful.

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

harryhandsome wrote:Mr Bojangles, both teams tried to play football and there wasnt really a bad tackle in the game, the head butt was silly but that happens in the game. My thinking is that the ref likes to be the centre of attention, either that or his wife rules the roost and sundays are the only day he gets to flex his muscles.
If he was after the being center of attention he certainly achieved that! Good luck for the rest of the season

Post by Guest »

Frappe wrote:
Knight 7 wrote:From what I have read we were quite lucky! South Coast have a very good B Ref and most teams do, Croatia was also good last year as was Payenham Post-Tel and Imbros, in fact I don't think we had reason to complain about any B Ref's in Division 3 last year. Also Bramha Lodge have almost always had a good B Ref. Hope Division 2 is the same this year!
@ Raptors vs Limnos (the raptors B's ref)- Disgraceful.
I heard that last year which is suprising because there usually good and were very good this year albeit was only a friendly. Must have been a different guy. We have a good B Ref and a not so good B Ref sometimes depends who you get! Luckily the good Ref does 99% these days

Luca Brasi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Luca Brasi »

Aldo Serena wrote
San Marco 4 - 3 MSSC Blue Eagles

Disappointing result after being up 3-1 early in the second half, and against 10 men. We totally dominated the first half, and should have had 5 or 6 in the first 20 mins.

Ref was an absolute shocker. He gave San Marco a dubious penalty, and a puzzling indirect free kick inside the box. He let tackles from behind go all day, and was always 30 metres off the play. But we ran out of legs in the last 10-15, and couldn't hold on.
Yeah, it was very dissapointing to let a 2-goal lead slip. We always seem to lose when I score. Lucky I dont score too often... :wink: [/b]

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

as we have have said many times b4 he wasnt our usual ref and we agreed he was a shocker,thats why he hasnt refereed again,btw the ref at the SM v BE game tony with the slick hairstyle was it, cause if it was,u where neva going to win

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

colon clenser wrote:as we have have said many times b4 he wasnt our usual ref and we agreed he was a shocker,thats why he hasnt refereed again,btw the ref at the SM v BE game tony with the slick hairstyle was it, cause if it was,u where neva going to win
No, it was an old guy who has been around for years. I think he is actually 174 years old, and was drunk. Nuff said.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Luca Brasi wrote:Aldo Serena wrote
San Marco 4 - 3 MSSC Blue Eagles

Disappointing result after being up 3-1 early in the second half, and against 10 men. We totally dominated the first half, and should have had 5 or 6 in the first 20 mins.

Ref was an absolute shocker. He gave San Marco a dubious penalty, and a puzzling indirect free kick inside the box. He let tackles from behind go all day, and was always 30 metres off the play. But we ran out of legs in the last 10-15, and couldn't hold on.
Yeah, it was very dissapointing to let a 2-goal lead slip. We always seem to lose when I score. Lucky I dont score too often... :wink: [/b]
Nice goal though Luca :D

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

RossTaylor off to a flying start 4 superb goals on the weekend. would have got more if it wasnt for a dodgy linesman flaging anything that crossed the half way line. Reserves won 8-0 club physio even came on a grabbed a goal.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

thats quality!!

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

marooned wrote:RossTaylor off to a flying start 4 superb goals on the weekend. would have got more if it wasnt for a dodgy linesman flaging anything that crossed the half way line. Reserves won 8-0 club physio even came on a grabbed a goal.
What div is this??

:lol: Well done none the less. 4 goals is a pretty good effort.
Last edited by Redders on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

ross is one of the new downs recruits from garderns last yr! tall forward. was gonna post earlier bout when he starts to find the net he will go nuts this yr...seems he beat me to it!

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

sparts wrote:ross is one of the new downs recruits from garderns last yr! tall forward. was gonna post earlier bout when he starts to find the net he will go nuts this yr...seems he beat me to it!
HAHAHA funny barstad....Looks like he going to be a marked man(I hope)

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

yes redders the downs have plenty of attacking options... plenty of quality coming forward and very dangerous on the break

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

hey sparts, i happened to be 5m from where u went over, it sure didnt look good but good to hear no serious damage. thanx for a good day out and was nice to be welcomed at your club...good luck for the rest of the season

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

thanks chris_ikon, would of been a great day out for your first team! take nothing away from them they forced our players into the position of defeat and did it really well! we didnt really look like scoring, there were a couple of goals scored by your team that were really well taken! do you play? yes there were a few people with their hearts in their mouths when i went over!