Pontian`s to win b&f div2

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

UPTHEREAR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Pontian`s to win b&f div2

Post by UPTHEREAR »

must be another win for the Pontians with 3 players in the top 6 for saasl
WHEN THE PINK IS BLOCKED AIM FOR THE BROWN

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Karapidis should get up, he won our B&F, suprised about Paradiso I thought Misailidis would of been up there.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

but will those players take too many votes off of each other?
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Karapidis should get up, he won our B&F, suprised about Paradiso I thought Misailidis would of been up there.
Carapetis :D
Thought Steve had a very poor year by his standard.
Heard Munka coming?
Anyone under 35 yrs coming?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

gremio wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:Karapidis should get up, he won our B&F, suprised about Paradiso I thought Misailidis would of been up there.
Heard Munka coming?
I think and hope Johny Manca stays at Beach.

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Pontian`s to win b&f div2

Post by Sharp Shooter »

UPTHEREAR wrote:must be another win for the Pontians with 3 players in the top 6 for saasl
And rightly so! Best team by a mile again this year, with several stand out players. No other team could possibly disagree, but I'm sure someone from Gully or Vista will............

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

gremio wrote:
Heard Munka coming?
Munka was a done deal 4 weeks out from season end. There is no reason why he'll stay at Beach, he wants to win things....... thats why he's on his way to the best amateaur league team!

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Sharp Shooter wrote:
UPTHEREAR wrote:must be another win for the Pontians with 3 players in the top 6 for saasl
And rightly so! Best team by a mile again this year, with several stand out players. No other team could possibly disagree, but I'm sure someone from Gully or Vista will............
Sharp shitter, no bites from me,like I said previously we had a very even team of players this year so players probably took pionts from each other , but obviously these boys from Pontian had standout games each week! Why the Gullies or Vista comment ! PS...... what would you be saying if Derek from the Gullies took it out?????
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:
Sharp Shooter wrote:
Sharp shitter, no bites from me,like I said previously we had a very even team of players this year so players probably took pionts from each other , but obviously these boys from Pontian had standout games each week! Why the Gullies or Vista comment ! PS...... what would you be saying if Derek from the Gullies took it out?????
no bite........ are u kidding me? I've caught a marlin :P :P :P

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:
Sharp Shooter wrote:
Sorry for my ignorrance, but who is Derek? Is that your sacked coached.

Steve Holt
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Steve Holt »

[/quote]
Munka was a done deal 4 weeks out from season end. There is no reason why he'll stay at Beach, he wants to win things....... thats why he's on his way to the best amateaur league team!

If Manca wanted to win things why the shiraz would he go to Pontians :?:

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

most consistent team by a kilometre.
a 1-0 loss away and a 1-1 draw at home tells me we were'nt far off you lot in our clashes. pontian boys will do well in div 1 as long as everyone goes again.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Steve Holt wrote:

[/quote]

Well we know your new to the forum and maybe you are fishing but are you serious in saying the comment that you said. 06 Div3 champions 07 Div2 Champions what more do you want? I think ever club would be happy if they won the league they were competing in!

And for the record I dont think Manca is going anywhere. If WB stayed in div 2 different story. I suppose by us not throwing the game to raptors we have lost the opportunity to gain a very good player.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

robinfriday10 wrote:most consistent team by a kilometre.
a 1-0 loss away and a 1-1 draw at home tells me we were'nt far off you lot in our clashes. pontian boys will do well in div 1 as long as everyone goes again.
I think TTG were very close to Pontians and were not too suprise by the very decent cup run I thnik the 1-1 draw was a little lucky but you certainly were around the mark. Yeah I think all boys are staying a we are trying to recruit a few more too. Hopefully a few younger lads that will be around to keep us in Div 1.

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
Steve Holt wrote:

Well we know your new to the forum and maybe you are fishing but are you serious in saying the comment that you said. 06 Div3 champions 07 Div2 Champions what more do you want? I think ever club would be happy if they won the league they were competing in!

And for the record I dont think Manca is going anywhere. If WB stayed in div 2 different story. I suppose by us not throwing the game to raptors we have lost the opportunity to gain a very good player.[/quote]

Fishing? Didnt you see the Marlin I caught Georgio?

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
robinfriday10 wrote:most consistent team by a kilometre.
I think TTG were very close to Pontians and were not too suprise by the very decent cup run I thnik the 1-1 draw was a little lucky but you certainly were around the mark. Yeah I think all boys are staying a we are trying to recruit a few more too. Hopefully a few younger lads that will be around to keep us in Div 1.
Georgio, of course I'm serious. What the club has achieved, others can only dream! WB 18 years in Div 2............ is there any comparision between the two clubs?

Gothetoffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gothetoffees »

Only the amount of money pumped into the club. Pontians were pretty average before the club had a change of fortune....

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Sharp Shooter wrote:
Nah, sorry no complaints from here Sharp Shooter.

I like your forum name, by the way. Although I hear it has nothing to do with your football skills, but has alot more to do with your premature ejaculation problems. :oops: :oops: I think you should ring that nasal spray company that keeps advertising on 5AA. :wink:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Gothetoffees wrote:Only the amount of money pumped into the club. Pontians were pretty average before the club had a change of fortune....
Spot on there arnt ya!

Sharp Shooter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Sharp Shooter »

Gothetoffees wrote:Only the amount of money pumped into the club. Pontians were pretty average before the club had a change of fortune....

Pontians have taken the club to a new level. A level that other clubs can only dream of. certain clubs are just born battlers. Will never know what true success is about. Always struggling to get through. There to make up the numbers!!!!!!!!!!

Gothetoffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gothetoffees »

In regards to the comparison, yes, I am spot on!! Pontians are a pretty young club in comparison to other teams and have had some average seasons, nothing compared to the last two seasons, and I think this the first time that you guys have been in the first division isn't it? So, to answer your question, I think it's a "spot on" comment. Whether it be more community involvement, better sponsorship etc.... the clubs fortunes have changed and it now has a good direction, attracts good players and so on...

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Sharp Shooter wrote:

Pontians have taken the club to a new level. A level that other clubs can only dream of. certain clubs are just born battlers. Will never know what true success is about. Always struggling to get through. There to make up the numbers!!!!!!!!!!
Whats your involvement at the club Sharp shooter? I take it that you know mine!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Pontians have taken the club to a new level. A level that other clubs can only dream of. certain clubs are just born battlers. Will never know what true success is about. Always struggling to get through. There to make up the numbers!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Welcome to the big league boy's 1st Division Sunday is certainly a huge step up! hopefull you can sustain the next level other wise snakes & ladders :wink:

UPTHEREAR
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by UPTHEREAR »

nugget66 wrote:Pontians have taken the club to a new level. A level that other clubs can only dream of. certain clubs are just born battlers. Will never know what true success is about. Always struggling to get through. There to make up the numbers!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the big league boy's 1st Division Sunday is certainly a huge step up! hopefull you can sustain the next level other wise snakes & ladders :wink:[/quote]
no snakes for us only ladders plenty of old & new players coming to the club, its been a good season for goat breading so profits are high plenty of money to spend , might be moving the club to Burnside ?
WHEN THE PINK IS BLOCKED AIM FOR THE BROWN

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

UPTHEREAR wrote:
nugget66 wrote:Pontians have taken the club to a new level. A level that other clubs can only dream of. certain clubs are just born battlers. Will never know what true success is about. Always struggling to get through. There to make up the numbers!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the big league boy's 1st Division Sunday is certainly a huge step up! hopefull you can sustain the next level other wise snakes & ladders :wink:
no snakes for us only ladders plenty of old & new players coming to the club, its been a good season for goat breading so profits are high plenty of money to spend , might be moving the club to Burnside ?[/quote]

UPTHEREAR are you GREEK :lol: or do you play snooker ?

seriously though were looking forward to you blokes being in the League we have played PONTIANS in the cup a few times & they have all been good game's! looking forward to welcoming you to the "GARDENS" dont think we have played you home before! where's your home ground now?