Pontians Promoted!!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

THIRTEEN
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Pontians Promoted!!

Post by THIRTEEN »

With nine points left on offer the Pontian Eagles, following the weekend’s results, have secured promotion to division 1 after opening an 11 point lead of the third placed Raptors :D !!!.

To Chriso, his players and the Pontian committee well done and congratulations on steering the Eagles to the top flight of amateur football. The seasons main objected completed with three left to play.

And with one hand on the silverware... time to finish the job lads!!!

Rumor has it that the last three games will see Chriso introduce some new blood into the side to see what he has at his disposal for next year....all the talk after yesterday's victory was whether the Golden Eagle will be unleashed upfront over the coming weeks to weave his magic and demonstrate to Chriso that he's the frontman for next year (as he claims :lol: )

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

congrats to Pontians on a great season so far

clearly the strongest side in div 2 and worthy of being crowned premiers.
well done

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Well done to Pontians well deserved good luck in Division 1

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Yeah congrats to the Pontian boys. Been the best side in the A's all year & deserve promotion & the title.

Sorry boys but we won't let you take the B's title aswell this year. Good luck in Div 1 though anyway.
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

congrats to a couple of ex bosa players

theo and billy - well done

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

good to hear. Someone different to try their luck. Where is your ground located? do not think I have ever been there.
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

THIRTEEN
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by THIRTEEN »

legga wrote:good to hear. Someone different to try their luck. Where is your ground located? do not think I have ever been there.

Well that's the big question!!! At the moment we're at Ridley Grove, (off Days Road-Regency) but with our clubrooms to be knocked down and rebuilt and the ground redeveloped we'll be on the move to a new home next season..... don't know where but will probably be based in north-western area.

To Ronnie10, you lads have been the best we've faced this year in the ressies, well done to you all.... a slow start to the year cost us... and the spanking you guys gave us a few weeks back didn't help :oops:

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Well done to everyone down at the Pontians. Hope you boys do well in Div 1 next year.

You guys better put on a great spread to celebrate on the last day of the season. :D

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

congratulations to pontians... top effort!!!

well done GE :wink:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

LFC8 wrote:Well done to everyone down at the Pontians. Hope you boys do well in Div 1 next year.

You guys better put on a great spread to celebrate on the last day of the season. :D
hahaha just imagine raptors need 3 points to secure promotion on that day!!! :wink:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

LFC8 wrote:Well done to everyone down at the Pontians. Hope you boys do well in Div 1 next year.

2 lambs and a pig on the spit have been ordered. At the end of the game the club will do the A's and B's B&F count up to round 9 and the final 9 rounds to be done at presentation night so it will be a big day!

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

congrats to the pontians

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Golden Eagle, well done to you and all the people involved at Pontians.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Congratulations on a good season and good luck next year..

And good luck getting a new ground. :shock:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

LETS GO
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LETS GO »

Congrats pontians on a great season. If anyoneone earnt it, use definatly did.

Hope yous do well in Div1 next season. Hopefully TTG will be up there with yous soon.

Great effort lads
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV2 RESERVE CHAMPIONS
DONT LOOK TWICE

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Popov vromgolarov »

Golden EAGLE wrote:

2 lambs and a pig on the spit have been ordered. At the end of the game the club will do the A's and B's B&F count up to round 9 and the final 9 rounds to be done at presentation night so it will be a big day!
You need one pig just to feed colon clenser and megabonus, hope there's enough for the rest of us Raptors boys :P :P

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Golden EAGLE wrote:

i love the sound of that!

almost makes up for me not being able to play!!

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

THIRTEEN wrote:
legga wrote:good to hear. Someone different to try their luck. Where is your ground located? do not think I have ever been there.

Well that's the big question!!! At the moment we're at Ridley Grove, (off Days Road-Regency) but with our clubrooms to be knocked down and rebuilt and the ground redeveloped we'll be on the move to a new home next season..... don't know where but will probably be based in north-western area.

To Ronnie10, you lads have been the best we've faced this year in the ressies, well done to you all.... a slow start to the year cost us... and the spanking you guys gave us a few weeks back didn't help :oops:
Good point mate i heard about the redevelopments. Not sure of any reserves out that way that don't already have someone playing there. Maybe near the rec ctr at woodville where Bosna used to play, I think theres 2 or 3 pitches there!

Thanks aswell. We've had a pretty balanced side all year plus when players have moved up to the A's the players coming in did their job aswell. We knew we would have to step it up against you boys. Wasen't expecting the results we got though, they were a bonus. Thanks again & good luck mate in Divie 1
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

It hurts me to say this but Congratulations to the Pontian boys. Great season and I think the Gully were happy to finally score and take a point off you last game in the A's. No need to say anything about B's though. Congrats to the old Salisbury clown from 5-6 years ago - Paradiso.Good luck in the top flight.
Actually about the B's nah better not.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

TheKing#9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheKing#9 »

Well done Pontians.....top effort miss playing against you guys a couple of years ago. love the atmosphere u guys bring.

2 lambs and a pig huh.......furburger try and get our game postponed for that round.....i want a souvla :wink:

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Well done again Eagles we look forward to welcoming you to the Garden's to continue the rivalry we've developed over many cup matches c u in '2008' :wink:

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

To the Pontian Boys well done !!! most consistant side again!! But a warning to you boys,if you dont already know, recruit recruit,you will need all the reserves you got!! as i have said before in other forums you have taken a huge step forward,now it comes down to committment,fitness and every first team player,playing every weekend like its a FINAL,Im sure the committee know what your up against, so, best of luck to you boys!! Was good to finally get a point of you guys this year!! Mind you I think we Deserved it !!! :wink:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

congrats to pontians. hope we at the beach can see you up there next yr aswell.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Thanks for all the congratulations boys. With all the new recruits this year we were confident that we would do well. I must admit I was suprised that we had a pretty good run with injuries, in saying that we get four players out from the game against WB so we will have an understrength side against the Bulldogs.

Thanks again.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Very well done indeed, you talk the talk and walk the walk. Learned a lot from playing you guys this year. All the best for taking the title and all the best for next year.
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Canine
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Canine »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Thanks for all the congratulations boys. With all the new recruits this year we were confident that we would do well. I must admit I was suprised that we had a pretty good run with injuries, in saying that we get four players out from the game against WB so we will have an understrength side against the Bulldogs.

Thanks again.
Hey GE, no complaints from us if you are under strength next game v the Bulldogs :D , we need 3 more wins to have a chance. Not to keen on letting it mathematically be impossible just yet. Regardless, there will be some beers for you lads after the game to help celebrate your season so far.
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog".

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Canine wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:Thanks for all the congratulations boys. With all the new recruits this year we were confident that we would do well. I must admit I was suprised that we had a pretty good run with injuries, in saying that we get four players out from the game against WB so we will have an understrength side against the Bulldogs.

Thanks again.
Hey GE, no complaints from us if you are under strength next game v the Bulldogs :D , we need 3 more wins to have a chance. Not to keen on letting it mathematically be impossible just yet. Regardless, there will be some beers for you lads after the game to help celebrate your season so far.
No, i defently think it is a good idea for pontians to finish with some good wins...... and make it mathmatically impossible for us to go down, although we will win at least 1 of 3
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!